Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,057 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Governor Fubara Appoints Edison Ehie As New Chief Of Staff - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Fubara Appoints Edison Ehie As New Chief Of Staff (18288 Views)

"It is null and void": Edison Ehie Faults Rivers Assembly's Overriding Of Fubara / Court Orders Arrest Of Fubara's Chief Of Staff, Edison Ehie / Governor Fubara Appoints Former Assembly Speaker, Edison As Chief Of Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Fubara Appoints Edison Ehie As New Chief Of Staff by Patriotic9ja(m): 9:53am On Jan 29
Hope he took permission from his boss b4 this appointment?
Re: Governor Fubara Appoints Edison Ehie As New Chief Of Staff by na2016: 9:57am On Jan 29
saintopus:
Am wondering between a Speaker of the House and a Chief of Staff which one is more better.

For me it's the former

The later is a pseudo governor and gate keeper for the governor.
Re: Governor Fubara Appoints Edison Ehie As New Chief Of Staff by BondRiv: 9:57am On Jan 29
A wanted criminal.
Re: Governor Fubara Appoints Edison Ehie As New Chief Of Staff by composure: 9:59am On Jan 29
saintopus:
Am wondering between a Speaker of the House and a Chief of Staff which one is more better.

For me it's the former
Nooooo.... A chief of staff is the eye to the govenor/ government
Re: Governor Fubara Appoints Edison Ehie As New Chief Of Staff by Hoelujohn: 9:59am On Jan 29
BarrElChapo:

Nah.. The governor needs the speaker and by extension the legislature on his side, if not they can make life harder for him.
Dey play. Seems you don't know the meaning of Executive Governor. They won't get contracts from ministries, no constituency projects allocation, infact they will only live on salary.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Fubara Appoints Edison Ehie As New Chief Of Staff by Vicana: 10:02am On Jan 29
saintopus:

For me it's the former

Chief of staff get power o.
Better than speaker or deputy governor.
Re: Governor Fubara Appoints Edison Ehie As New Chief Of Staff by AngelicBeing: 10:02am On Jan 29
Minime10:
Chief of staff in a State is the Defacto Governor of that State. Just as COS to the President is the Defacto President of that Country.
All Civil Commissioners, SPA's, SA's, PA's, CPS, Heads & Chairmen of Government board and Agencies appointed by the Governor or the President are under the direct supervision & control by the COS.
A speaker must get cleared by the COS if he desire an audience with the governor and same goes to all the commissioners, etc.
The COS is as powerful as the governor, though he work behind the scene
Gbamsulotely, end of thread, Blessed be the Womb that carried you grin

Re: Governor Fubara Appoints Edison Ehie As New Chief Of Staff by peterboro: 10:03am On Jan 29
saintopus:

For me it's the former

YOU KNOW NOTHING.

And yet Late. Abba Kyari was the one running the administration of buhari and making decisions for Nigerians.

So where were all those house of reps and senato members then?

YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT WHO CHIEF OF STAFF IS.

Fubara is smart.
Re: Governor Fubara Appoints Edison Ehie As New Chief Of Staff by aribisala0(m): 10:09am On Jan 29
Hoelujohn:

The new speaker will have to go through him to get to the governor.
I think it is the governor that needs to get to the Speaker
They have passed a new law and the governor has no control over their money.
But the governor needs the House to approve his budget
A governor is only more powerful than a House if the House is divided
Fubara failed in his attempt to divide the House and that is why this person is no longer in the House. There will be an election to replace him
Let us see whether FUbara or Wike chooses that replacement

3 Likes

Re: Governor Fubara Appoints Edison Ehie As New Chief Of Staff by Administration1: 10:10am On Jan 29
Cos is one powerful position I can never look away from especially if it's for a Gov or President. The power and unlimited budget is mind-blowing
Re: Governor Fubara Appoints Edison Ehie As New Chief Of Staff by BondRiv: 10:11am On Jan 29
Minime10:
Chief of staff in a State is the Defacto Governor of that State. Just as COS to the President is the Defacto President of that Country.
All Civil Commissioners, SPA's, SA's, PA's, CPS, Heads & Chairmen of Government board and Agencies appointed by the Governor or the President are under the direct supervision & control by the COS.
A speaker must get cleared by the COS if he desire an audience with the governor and same goes to all the commissioners, etc.
The COS is as powerful as the governor, though he work behind the scene

There are always protocols to see public officials, nothing special. The governor will go through same to see the Speaker.

The Chief of Staff is not as powerful as the governor. In the absence of the governor, he cannot perform the governor's constitutional functions. He simply manages staff at the Government House and does anything the governor may authorise him to do, so long as it is constitutional. He is only as powerful as the governor wants him to be.

At the end of the day, it is not a constitutional office, leave all the word salad. Should anything happen to the governor, the deputy takes over.

4 Likes

Re: Governor Fubara Appoints Edison Ehie As New Chief Of Staff by gigabyte13: 10:13am On Jan 29
One good turn deserves another.
Well done Funbara
But
Dey look back oooooooooooo
Anybody fit do you strong thing ooooo
Be very very alert
Re: Governor Fubara Appoints Edison Ehie As New Chief Of Staff by Wisdomclass1: 10:17am On Jan 29
This na old news na

Abi I dey d future two weeks ago

1 Like

Re: Governor Fubara Appoints Edison Ehie As New Chief Of Staff by Demigod22: 10:18am On Jan 29
Let the game of throne officially begin. Fubara should man up and take control of the State. He should go and take lesson note from Rotimi Amaechi when Patience Jonathan was displaying arrogant stupidity.

Chief of Staff is well appreciated and powerful in a dysfunctional democracy we have in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Governor Fubara Appoints Edison Ehie As New Chief Of Staff by BondRiv: 10:18am On Jan 29
Vicana:

Chief of staff get power o.
Better than speaker or deputy governor.

Power to do what? Outline. You don't know what you are talking about.

You can never compare a Chief of Staff to the Speaker or even the deputy governor. Both rank higher.

When a governor is in charge of his government, there is not much for a Chief of Staff to do except manage staff.

The major power a Chief of Staff has is managing those who want an audience with the governor, that is all. If you don't want to see the governor, you will have very little contact with him.
Re: Governor Fubara Appoints Edison Ehie As New Chief Of Staff by Demigod22: 10:22am On Jan 29
BondRiv:

There are always protocols to see public officials, nothing special. The governor will go through same to see the Speaker.

The Chief of Staff is not as powerful as the governor. That is not true. In the absence of the governor, he cannot perform the governor's constitutional functions. He simply manages staff at the Government House and does anything the governor may authorise him to do, so long as it is constitutional. He is only as powerful as the governor wants him to be.

At the end of the day, it is not a constitutional office, leave all the word salad. Should anything happen to the governor, the deputy takes over.

Abba Kyari will just be smiling at your naivety in African practical politics. West you typed up there is the ideal point, but in Nigeria, you look at the practicality of situations.

In States like Kogi, Ogun, the speaker is a Lilly liver, Chief of Staff practically hijacked day to day governance.

You see the level of power Chief of Staff exercised under Buhari?
Re: Governor Fubara Appoints Edison Ehie As New Chief Of Staff by BondRiv: 10:32am On Jan 29
Demigod22:

Abba Kyari will just be smiling at your naivety in African practical politics. West you typed up there is the ideal point, but in Nigeria, you look at the practicality of situations.

In States like Kogi, Ogun, the speaker is a Lilly liver, Chief of Staff practically hijacked day to day governance.

You see the level of power Chief of Staff exercised under Buhari?

You are the naive one, mystifying nonsense. I have told you all there is to that office. I stick to reality.

The office of the Chief of Staff is an important office but with powers limited to the Government House or Villa, in the case of the presidency.

The major power a Chief of Staff has is in deciding who gets access to the president or governor. Where you have a president in charge of his government, like Obasanjo was, or Wike, as a governor, that power is limited.

Buhari was oblivious and nonchalant to a lot of things. That is not a yardstick.

Was it not in Buhari's term that someone asked, who is the presidency? Was it the chief of staff?

Former president Buhari was not in control of his government. You can't use his government to analyze certain things.

1 Like

Re: Governor Fubara Appoints Edison Ehie As New Chief Of Staff by Kingosytex(m): 10:44am On Jan 29
saintopus:

For me it's the former

Good, better, best.

Better is the comparative of good while best is the superlative.

What on earth is more better?
Re: Governor Fubara Appoints Edison Ehie As New Chief Of Staff by Ezewuzie01: 10:47am On Jan 29
Better this way, now he will have to come out of hiding and the DSS will soon pick him up for his role in the bombing of the RSHA. Wike still runs Rivers state.
Re: Governor Fubara Appoints Edison Ehie As New Chief Of Staff by Badadvisor: 10:49am On Jan 29
BondRiv:

Power to do what? Outline. You don't know what you are talking about.

You can never compare a Chief of Staff to the Speaker or even the deputy governor. Both rank higher.

When a governor is in charge of his government, there is not much for a Chief of Staff to do except manage staff.

The major power a Chief of Staff has is managing those who want an audience with the governor, that is all. If you don't want to see the governor, you will have very little contact with him.
Who won't want to have access to the governor?
Is it the commissioners you'd want to see if you want to get a big project or anything worthwhile from the state?
Your statement is baseless because everyone in rivers state will want to see the governor.
Re: Governor Fubara Appoints Edison Ehie As New Chief Of Staff by BondRiv: 10:54am On Jan 29
Badadvisor:

Who won't want to have access to the governor?
Is it the commissioners you'd want to see if you want to get a big project or anything worthwhile from the state?
Your statement is baseless because everyone in rivers state will want to see the governor.

Myopic fellow. Start by counting me out. I do not want to see him. No wonder this country is like this. Anyway, I have spelt out his powers for you. If you do want to see him, you are at the mercy of the Chief of Staff, unless the governor has a hands-on approach to governance. This one is clearly naive.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Fubara Appoints Edison Ehie As New Chief Of Staff by sageb: 10:56am On Jan 29
Papparassi:
Rivers State Governor Sim Fubara Announced the Appointment of former factional Speaker, Hon. Edison Ehie as Chief of Staff.

From speaker to COS
@Mrksquare I see Ehie's move from an elected position(House of Assembly member) to an appointee(COS) as kind of weird.
What's your view about it?
Re: Governor Fubara Appoints Edison Ehie As New Chief Of Staff by sageb: 10:57am On Jan 29
Papparassi:
Rivers State Governor Sim Fubara Announced the Appointment of former factional Speaker, Hon. Edison Ehie as Chief of Staff.

From speaker to COS
@Mrksquare I see Ehie's move from an elected position(Speaker and House of Assembly member) to an appointee(COS) as kind of weird.
What's your view about it?
Re: Governor Fubara Appoints Edison Ehie As New Chief Of Staff by Odidigboigbo(m): 10:58am On Jan 29
aribisala0:

Fubara failed in his attempt to divide the House and that is why this person is no longer in the House. There will be an election to replace him
Does legislative has any money? It's the president/governor that fund the legislators. Which money are they going to control with the new law if the governor failed to fund them?
Re: Governor Fubara Appoints Edison Ehie As New Chief Of Staff by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:59am On Jan 29
fergie001:
If you get one of those two, my brother pick Chief of Staff ooooo, e get why!

No budget .... Except the Governor, extremely more powerful than everyone including the Deputy Governor.
What do you think of this fubara and the house over this LG matter

Is he already holding the short end of the stick?
Re: Governor Fubara Appoints Edison Ehie As New Chief Of Staff by millionboi2: 11:01am On Jan 29
aribisala0:

U just click your keyboard and type rubbish,is it not the law that was in the public domain,were did you keep your brain before typing this.
Re: Governor Fubara Appoints Edison Ehie As New Chief Of Staff by TYCO77: 11:02am On Jan 29
[color=#000099][/color]
flexyrule:
You are right... But can a chief of staff impeach a governor?

You should have made your point without mentioning the Speaker.

If not for the way our democracy has been badly battered, way back, the legislature used to be the nightmare of the executive.

I wish Fubara well in his administration...

I wish Wike well too!

And all Nigerians....

He alluded the Speaker because the comparison here is between the office of a chief of staff to a state governor and the office of a speaker of a state House of Assembly. Meanwhile, a speaker cannot impeach a governor, only a State House of Assembly is constitutionally invested with the power of impeachment; if you understand what I mean.
Re: Governor Fubara Appoints Edison Ehie As New Chief Of Staff by djkirkoo2(m): 11:04am On Jan 29
saintopus:

For me it's the former
chief of staff is more lucrative. Even SSG.
Re: Governor Fubara Appoints Edison Ehie As New Chief Of Staff by millionboi2: 11:04am On Jan 29
Odidigboigbo:
Does legislative has any money? It's the president/governor that fund the legislators. Which money are they going to control with the new law if the governor failed to fund them?
don't mind him,he left his brain somewhere
Re: Governor Fubara Appoints Edison Ehie As New Chief Of Staff by aribisala0(m): 11:05am On Jan 29
Odidigboigbo:
Does governor have any money
It is law that gives him power
Did he bring any money from his house to a Government House
If he does not obey the law they will impeach him
Tinubu's government will not send him a kobo of allocation outside the law.
All the House need to do is pass a law with two thirds majority and the FG will send them their money directly. They can even stop the governor receiving money from the FG by passing a law to that effect

Because you are used to seeing compliant Houses you do not realise how powerful the House is.?
The House can freeze all bank accounts of the state and the banks must comply .

3 Likes

Re: Governor Fubara Appoints Edison Ehie As New Chief Of Staff by aribisala0(m): 11:06am On Jan 29
millionboi2:
U just click your keyboard and type rubbish,is it not the law that was in the public domain,were did you keep your brain before typing this.
Shut up your ignorant mouth

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gboyega Oyetola Arrives His Ward For APC Primary Election (Video) / APC Formed To Install A Northerner As President - EDWIN CLARK / 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.