Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,546 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

I Want To Switch To Nursing, Help! - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Want To Switch To Nursing, Help! (9459 Views)

How To Switch To A Career In Data Analysis / I Want To Switch Back To My Profession But I'm Confused. Help! / Confused! To Study Pharmacy Or Procced To Nursing School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Switch To Nursing, Help! by Seunpapa65: 7:13pm On Jan 30
PinkNature:

Handicap how? As in second choice?
First choice
Re: I Want To Switch To Nursing, Help! by ajsans: 11:30pm On Jan 30
Focusmind:
As long as your target is to practice abroad, it is fine but if you are studying nursing in order to have a career in Nigeria, hunger dey o

If you have money, try the two year diploma programs in practical nursing in Canada or UK. You will recoup the investment

How about practical nursing in Finland? Do you think it's worth it? Asking for my sister.
Re: I Want To Switch To Nursing, Help! by bablon20(m): 11:35pm On Jan 30
Seventh-day Adventist School Of Nursing in ilé ife is ur sure plug for ur nursing program. For more info chat me up on WhatsApp 08023534717.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100090075402418&mibextid=ZbWKwL
Re: I Want To Switch To Nursing, Help! by Focusmind: 11:47pm On Jan 30
ajsans:

How about practical nursing in Finland? Do you think it's worth it? Asking for my sister.

I don't know about Finland. You can never get it wrong with nursing in any Western country. If she is taking the Finland route, she has to complete the program, learn the language and sit for their Board exams to have any realistic chance of practicing in Finland. Canada is straight forward and the chances of PR is high as a graduate of nursing school with licence to practice. Some provinces conducts targeted PR draws for nurses and other health care professionals.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Switch To Nursing, Help! by Zihno: 2:02am On Jan 31
Deemamadee:
I graduated from Lautech and my undergraduate study was prolonged due to strike that's why I now prefer a private university

Check out Wellspring University in Benin
Re: I Want To Switch To Nursing, Help! by Damidave1124(m): 5:04am On Jan 31
epainos:

Go check postgraduate masters in the US, UK, Australia, Canada and EU, you will find so many scholarships in environmental science and ecology. Have you heard about global warming?

The world economy is based on oil, and it is the first cause of global warming. Therefore, oil companies are made to invest in cycling carbon back into the soil. The carbon cycle business is a lucrative one.

Escape of carbon from the soil is why Agriculture is hard these days; therefore, the basis of balancing the ecosystem is knowing how to make the soil trap carbon back into it. Such that as oil companies are blowing away carbon from the earth, some experts are trapping it back. The United Nations aim to get as many soil experts to come into the business and trap more carbon into the soil than what oil companies are releasing into the atmosphere. This is why there are so many scholarships in this area.

So, anyone who gets into soil science and joins the regenerative agriculture movement is going to make it. This is the future. And who are the top researchers in this field? They are microbiologists. Now is the time to let go of chemistry and embrace biology (nature) to rebuild the soil with its natural ability.

Also, cleaning oil spillages with microorganisms in oceans (read how mushrooms are used for cleaning up) is another hot cake area one can go into.

Production of natural food is the talk all over the world now. Bill Gates is acquiring more land in the US for Agriculture and more soil scientists will be employed.

See...production of milk and the dairy business is a billion-dollar market anywhere, and people think livestock production is knowing how to take care of the animals and venturing into veterinary medicine is the best way. Nope. Soil scientists are the most needed personnel even in livestock production because grasses conversion to milk and meat is the way to calculate how successful the business is. Veterinary doctors will be on holiday when livestock have excellent grasses to feed on.

Human beings will say bye-bye to cancer the moment we remove chemicals from food production. Dementia, infections and autoimmune diseases will naturally fade away when the microorganism in the ecosystem is balanced the way nature wants them.

The foundation of life is soil...and we are beginning to realise that taking care of our nature using a biological approach rather than chemical is the way forward. Say no to chemicals and fertilizers in food production is the way forward.

Therefore, anyone who can learn how to make the soil good for agriculture will be patronised by so many people... (food investors, oil companies that want to trap carbon into the soil so they can burn more carbon and make more money, care homes and hospitals for elders and children that want organic food, nutritionists who want organic food for their clients, people battling with cancer and various diseases, etc). I mean virtually everyone who wants to live long and have a good life quality will require the service of a soil scientist who can deploy biology to regenerate soil.
Thanks for sharing this insightful piece.
Re: I Want To Switch To Nursing, Help! by Deemamadee: 12:43pm On Jan 31
I'm receiving notifications of people that wants to send me an email, you can reach me directly on @deemamdee82@gmail.com
Thank you
Re: I Want To Switch To Nursing, Help! by bimchuswhat(f): 7:54pm On Jan 31
Deemamadee:
Hi nairalanders, please I need people that has passed through this to help me suggestions
I'm a graduate of biochemistry (second class lower) and I'll like to study nursing
I'm thinking of studying in a private university here in Nigeria or studying abroad
I don't know if I'm qualified for the direct entry or I start a fresh and in confused to which school to choose
As for studying abroad I have no information whatsoever on how to go about it
I need advice from you dear nairalanders. Thank you

Don't mind anyone telling you you can get admitted through direct entry. You have to start afresh. You can only get direct entry if you go for your RN in Nursing School. Then you will still spend another 3 years to get your degree. I am also studying Nursing. Finished from lautech as well 12 years ago.... Nursing is not beans o. You must be committed and be ready to study. Best wishes.
Re: I Want To Switch To Nursing, Help! by Deemamadee: 8:27pm On Jan 31
Wow thanks for this, I traveled to Bowen yesterday to get information and I was told they don't take students above age 25 and they can't accept 2:2 also
Starting afresh means writing jamb again...hmmm

Which school are you current in?
Can I mail you if you don't mind?
bimchuswhat:

Don't mind anyone telling you you can get admitted through direct entry. You have to start afresh. You can only get direct entry if you go for your RN in Nursing School. Then you will still spend another 3 years to get your degree. I am also studying Nursing. Finished from lautech as well 12 years ago.... Nursing is not beans o. You must be committed and be ready to study. Best wishes.
Re: I Want To Switch To Nursing, Help! by bimchuswhat(f): 12:06pm On Feb 01
Don't mind BOWEN with the age limitations. I also made my findings then. Normally it's officially 35years by NMCN. You can chat me on WhatsApp
0703 027 7275
Re: I Want To Switch To Nursing, Help! by Deemamadee: 1:12pm On Feb 01
bimchuswhat:
Don't mind BOWEN with the age limitations. I also made my findings then. Normally it's officially 35years by NMCN. You can chat me on WhatsApp
0703 027 7275
I'll chat you up now
Thank you so much
Re: I Want To Switch To Nursing, Help! by jolagbe(f): 2:46pm On Mar 31
Just want to be of help to as many pple as I can.....talking from experience.

Am a graduate(2013) of chemistry 2-1,took the nursing route in the year 2020. Sadly the only means of direct entry for nursing is if ure already a RN(went to school of nursing)if not...the only option is to start all over again.
I started all over again in the year 2020 at the age of 31years in a school of Nursing, now a Registered Nurse.

You can contact me for any info, I am willing to be of help.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Postal Worker Retires After 44 Years Without Sick Day / How Can I Pursue A Career In Public Health / Big Question... Will You Quit Your Job To Start A Business??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.