Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,374 members, 7,812,093 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:03 AM

I Need Just One Term To Change Governance In Anambra - Sen Ifeanyi Ubah - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Need Just One Term To Change Governance In Anambra - Sen Ifeanyi Ubah (8958 Views)

Atiku To South East Leaders: I Will Only Serve One Term / Dokpesi, Others Sells Atiku One-Term Presidency, Explains How It Favours SE / In 2011, Buhari Vowed To Serve For Only One Term If Elected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Just One Term To Change Governance In Anambra - Sen Ifeanyi Ubah by politicoNG: 8:41am On Jan 29
Sen. Ifeanyi Ubah, member representing Anambra South in the National Assembly has called on the people of Anambra to give him their mandate in the 2025 governorship election to enable him address the state’s leadership questions.

Mr Ubah, All Progressive Congress, APC, who spoke to journalists in Nnewi on Sunday said he was asking for just a term of four years.

He said he would conduct Local Government Area election within four months of election to encourage political participation at the grassroots and make LGA funds available for competitive and decentralised development.

He said local government elections would also unbundle the state government, make local government funds available to them and shift development to grassroots while the state exercise supervisory role over them.

“All I ask for is one term of four years, I promise to conduct Local Government Area election within four months of election.

“At the moment, I rate governance in Anambra for the past 18 years at 20 percent, I will bring 80 percent content that has never been discussed in governance.

“I have a burning desire to contest the next governorship election in Anambra because this government and those before it has not been able to put the state in the development trajectory that our people desire.

“We have a need to create support for our commerce, we have to develop our sector to make it a hub for health tourists and we have to accelerate community development through local government elections.

“Voting people with over over-bloated personality and structure has failed us, it time we vote for people with passion, people with a track record, that is who I represent, I am prepared to change the narrative, that is why my manifesto has remained the same from 2013 till date,” he said.

Mr Ubah said he had the electoral wrest power from the ruling All Progressive Grand Alliance, APGA, having won Senate seat two consecutive times on the platform of Young Progressives Party, a minority party.

He described the faceoff between the Prof. Chukwuma Soludo government and traditional rulers in Anambra following conferment of Chieftaincy title on him as unfortunate and unnecessary.

“I felt bad about it, it is a debt in our traditional institution, I strongly believe that those who championed that did not know what they did. Thank God it has been revered though without apology to me,” he said.

https://dailynigerian.com/term-change-anambra/

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Need Just One Term To Change Governance In Anambra - Sen Ifeanyi Ubah by Dagger111(m): 8:56am On Jan 29
Lies....this is what all politicians say till they get there, they become monsters.

However, seems i am FTC today! Wonderful ooo. Make una bless me with likes, so i can convert it to money. Bikonu. grin grin grin

99 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Need Just One Term To Change Governance In Anambra - Sen Ifeanyi Ubah by edlion57(m): 8:56am On Jan 29
After the imaginary one term,next will be...my people said I must continue the good work

138 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Need Just One Term To Change Governance In Anambra - Sen Ifeanyi Ubah by WeddingParol: 8:57am On Jan 29
How some politicians talks really amazed me, they thought in their minds that the electorates are stup!d?

You that everyone knew your antecedents.

Soludo that has a good pedigree and experience has not been able to turn things around let alone this one we all know.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Need Just One Term To Change Governance In Anambra - Sen Ifeanyi Ubah by NaijaNaWaa: 8:57am On Jan 29
That was what Obasanjo (allegedly) said in 1999
The walking dead, Buhari, said the same
Look at Tinubu, almost vegetable, plotting 2027 return less than 6 months into his illegitimate presidency…
Is it this bankrupt power hungry money miss road street trader that will do just one term and walk away?
Anyway, Anambra State is too big for him to ruin

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Need Just One Term To Change Governance In Anambra - Sen Ifeanyi Ubah by Peterpaul96: 8:58am On Jan 29
You've been a Senator for how long?
Your people are now investing and inhabiting in Asaba Delta.

You said you're a lover of football and tourism, but to what cost. Look at other states investing in Tourism
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=785C7UU_rb4?si=tOO90352DZXTkvVE

What have you really done in office?
Re: I Need Just One Term To Change Governance In Anambra - Sen Ifeanyi Ubah by edlion57(m): 8:58am On Jan 29
Use ur senate seat and change ur community

41 Likes

Re: I Need Just One Term To Change Governance In Anambra - Sen Ifeanyi Ubah by RECTEM: 8:58am On Jan 29
As a Senator, what have you achieved so far

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Just One Term To Change Governance In Anambra - Sen Ifeanyi Ubah by crossfm: 8:58am On Jan 29
Hehehe.

Trust Nigerian politicians at your peril grin cheesy.

Once he win,he will deny this story. He will say it was his supporters who said so.

After spending 4 years doing nothing,he will say, " give me more 4 years to complete what I have started".

Trust me, even if they give this debtor 100 years, nothing will change grin cheesy.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Need Just One Term To Change Governance In Anambra - Sen Ifeanyi Ubah by Kobicove(m): 8:58am On Jan 29
God forbid bad thing!

6 Likes

Re: I Need Just One Term To Change Governance In Anambra - Sen Ifeanyi Ubah by outoftheworld: 8:59am On Jan 29
Crook

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Just One Term To Change Governance In Anambra - Sen Ifeanyi Ubah by iLoveYouToo(m): 8:59am On Jan 29
We’ve heard this before, sounds like something from PO’s playbook

4 Likes

Re: I Need Just One Term To Change Governance In Anambra - Sen Ifeanyi Ubah by Xscape1993(m): 8:59am On Jan 29
Nigerian politicians and desperation for more powers.

7 Likes

Re: I Need Just One Term To Change Governance In Anambra - Sen Ifeanyi Ubah by BarrElChapo(m): 9:00am On Jan 29
Look at this pig. Please govern Nnewi people alone we don’t need you anywhere near Agu-Awka.

13 Likes

Re: I Need Just One Term To Change Governance In Anambra - Sen Ifeanyi Ubah by FinanceHub: 9:00am On Jan 29
Please check our signature if you're looking for a loan
Re: I Need Just One Term To Change Governance In Anambra - Sen Ifeanyi Ubah by Nonny2fil(m): 9:00am On Jan 29
Haha.. see this one. What has he been able to achieve as a senator

4 Likes

Re: I Need Just One Term To Change Governance In Anambra - Sen Ifeanyi Ubah by Omobude244: 9:00am On Jan 29
politicoNG:

https://dailynigerian.com/term-change-anambra/
same stories
same lies
yet majority will still fall for it

1 Like

Re: I Need Just One Term To Change Governance In Anambra - Sen Ifeanyi Ubah by Smithkafors(m): 9:00am On Jan 29
He will perform better than Soludo.

As an individual he did more , as a senator he did better. He will do very well as a Governor.

3 Likes

Re: I Need Just One Term To Change Governance In Anambra - Sen Ifeanyi Ubah by 2pak(m): 9:00am On Jan 29
Opportunity to steal from Anambra and pay all debts he is owning, where is your football club, you can't even manage it .

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Just One Term To Change Governance In Anambra - Sen Ifeanyi Ubah by sam1990(m): 9:01am On Jan 29
Just let us know you're going there to cut your own national cake.4years will turn to 8 years to god fatherism

1 Like

Re: I Need Just One Term To Change Governance In Anambra - Sen Ifeanyi Ubah by SoNature(m): 9:01am On Jan 29
Senator Ifeanyi Ubah is one of the few senators who uses his constituency allowances to improve his district. However, nobody ever goes to a Nigerian government house and spends 4 years after tasting the sweetness of power. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Just One Term To Change Governance In Anambra - Sen Ifeanyi Ubah by Mindlog: 9:01am On Jan 29
Yimu. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: I Need Just One Term To Change Governance In Anambra - Sen Ifeanyi Ubah by Tochi3(m): 9:01am On Jan 29
.go pay back the debt of loans you owe Nigeria..

..you need no term in Anambra state..

9 Likes

Re: I Need Just One Term To Change Governance In Anambra - Sen Ifeanyi Ubah by Emeks008(m): 9:01am On Jan 29
Mr Senator, have you settled your AMCON DEBT?

Firstly settle your debt with AMCON before contesting for an election so that you won't use your state resources to pay your personal DEBT

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Just One Term To Change Governance In Anambra - Sen Ifeanyi Ubah by Rootprof(m): 9:01am On Jan 29
Na so all of Dem they talk. After the first four years story go change to I could not finish the works I started vote me for another four years shocked
God gave Nigeria all she needed to be a great nation to be envied by other countries but we keep voting people that doesn't care about the wellbeing of Nigerians. Till we start enforcing the true definition of democracy this country will remain the same. Government of the people by the people and for the people. The power is with the PEOPLE.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Just One Term To Change Governance In Anambra - Sen Ifeanyi Ubah by Udemegbunam(m): 9:02am On Jan 29
We can't trust politicians any longer

2 Likes

Re: I Need Just One Term To Change Governance In Anambra - Sen Ifeanyi Ubah by Judolisco(m): 9:02am On Jan 29
Change your zone as a senator first

2 Likes

Re: I Need Just One Term To Change Governance In Anambra - Sen Ifeanyi Ubah by seunayantokun(m): 9:02am On Jan 29
Your past record shows, liar.

4 Likes

Re: I Need Just One Term To Change Governance In Anambra - Sen Ifeanyi Ubah by 2pak(m): 9:02am On Jan 29
Smithkafors:
He will perform better than Soludo.

As an individual he did more , as a senator he did better. He will do very well as a Governor.
how do know that Soludo is not doing anything, because he's not using online marketers

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Just One Term To Change Governance In Anambra - Sen Ifeanyi Ubah by Nicols(m): 9:02am On Jan 29
Lol.

But first, let's clear the air on the AMCON loan, the sham deal with Coscharis and the subsidy fraud. These are some integrity issues that comes to mind anytime your name pops up in the public space.

11 Likes

Re: I Need Just One Term To Change Governance In Anambra - Sen Ifeanyi Ubah by DrAda(f): 9:03am On Jan 29
Delusional

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerians Accused Of Attacking Displaced Cameroonians Settlement Over Football / Fuel Subsidy Removal Necessary To Avert Financial Crisis – Tinubu / How Ken Saro-Wiwa Was Framed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.