Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,221 members, 7,811,617 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:46 PM

Tinubu Directs Crude Oil Sales To Be Handled By CBN, No Longer NNPCL - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Directs Crude Oil Sales To Be Handled By CBN, No Longer NNPCL (37926 Views)

Tinubu Directs Inclusion Of National Open University Graduates In NYSC Scheme / President Tinubu Directs DSS To Vacate EFCC Office Immediately / Election Petitions Should Be Handled By Retired Judges – Femi Falana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Directs Crude Oil Sales To Be Handled By CBN, No Longer NNPCL by HRMK: 3:29pm On Jan 29
nnpc couldnt be trusted at all!

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Directs Crude Oil Sales To Be Handled By CBN, No Longer NNPCL by bnanny: 3:29pm On Jan 29
Umueme:
Nice one. NNPC has monopolized and continued to enrich themselves since with our oil money.

Though, this seems like an initiative to take the feeding bottle from the North dominated NNPC to the south dominated CBN. All the same, nice one

#My_Opinion

North dominated NNPC? this sounds insane. I wish their mining is South dominated too to balance the equation. That's what democracy is all about. Equal right to share what belongs to both side. Not hidden yours and eating fat on my own.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Directs Crude Oil Sales To Be Handled By CBN, No Longer NNPCL by gaskiyamagana: 3:31pm On Jan 29
Sanusi Lamido Sanusi handwriting is glaring , go on Mr President. Change the rotten and corrupt heads in that monumental failure NNPC or whatever the name is changed to.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Directs Crude Oil Sales To Be Handled By CBN, No Longer NNPCL by Boldideas: 3:36pm On Jan 29

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Directs Crude Oil Sales To Be Handled By CBN, No Longer NNPCL by lexy2014: 3:38pm On Jan 29
BloodyDoe:
I know some apes will only read the headline and proceed to vomit their usual hate.

The directive is very reasonable too, accountability will be transparent and of course it will shorten the arms of the corrupt officials.

but what will happen to the corrupt officials?
Re: Tinubu Directs Crude Oil Sales To Be Handled By CBN, No Longer NNPCL by lexy2014: 3:39pm On Jan 29
Haaland21:

Who is checkmating the Nnpc.....?
How can u be the gateman, the storekeeper, and the accountant at the same time?

use your no.6 if u have one

off point. you have not answered the questions.

is it the job of CBN to sell anything?

how was the old arrangement responsible for the weak value of the naira?

who are the powerful people you accuse of hiding the forex?
Re: Tinubu Directs Crude Oil Sales To Be Handled By CBN, No Longer NNPCL by Olachase(m): 3:42pm On Jan 29
blacknp:
You go wait tire, go help yourself, instead you are waiting amonst the 220 million people in The Federal Republic of Nigeria you are waiting for Government to come & better your life for you?

At least try get small shame guy, no they behave like an Almijiri way no get basic education.
i laugh at ur foolishness in mr Ibu voice
oga if you need money send azza no day code undecided undecided
Re: Tinubu Directs Crude Oil Sales To Be Handled By CBN, No Longer NNPCL by Dobodobo04: 3:44pm On Jan 29
Neduzze5:
Move CBN to Lagos.

Move oil sales to CBN.

Are you people seeing what I am seeing??

CBN headquarters is still in Abuja. They moved some departments to Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Directs Crude Oil Sales To Be Handled By CBN, No Longer NNPCL by SWATMan: 3:48pm On Jan 29
Honestey:
Cut off the middle men for easy supervision, but left for me, I would rather change the leadership in the NNPCL

No need for that. BAT is a strategist. If you change the leadership the north would cry again. Cut off the head of the octopus and the arms becomes useless. Baba is firing from all cylinders grin

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Directs Crude Oil Sales To Be Handled By CBN, No Longer NNPCL by Justiceleague1: 3:48pm On Jan 29
IYALAYA anybody northern elders

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Directs Crude Oil Sales To Be Handled By CBN, No Longer NNPCL by loswhite(m): 3:55pm On Jan 29
10mobile:
Reformer. Lol. This is why he took CBN to his backyard so that it would be easy to transport the money in bullion vans to his Burdillion home or to the airport with the help of FAAN officials grin

But, on a serious note, I suggest that Nigerians should demand a psychiatric check on their President. His many verbal gaffes during the campaigns and now all these decisions that don't make sense get me much concerned that this driver might just drive all of us into a lagoon.

But then I know that Nigerians generally don't care. So,, I don't expect nobody to do anything. We are all good people.

Those "powerful people" that hide forex no dey CBN abi? Na angels from heaven full CBN. Na wah for this reasoning. CBN is created to handle revenue - which is enough job already - and not to sell commodity. Which juju sef dis man de use control people like this?
CBN is created to handle revenue?
Re: Tinubu Directs Crude Oil Sales To Be Handled By CBN, No Longer NNPCL by richeeyo(m): 3:56pm On Jan 29
Umueme:
Nice one. NNPC has monopolized and continued to enrich themselves since with our oil money.

Though, this seems like an initiative to take the feeding bottle from the North dominated NNPC to the south dominated CBN. All the same, nice one

#My_Opinion
Love your point of view

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Directs Crude Oil Sales To Be Handled By CBN, No Longer NNPCL by Miyachi: 3:58pm On Jan 29
Babangidapikin:
I thought NNPC is a public company with a board ... someone educate me about all this interference from the Presidency ....Yes he is the Minister of Petroleum ..it doesn't stop anything as long as I am concern sha ..the cartels in NNPC would just get more sophisticated, if they are any ......Although it is good for check and balance ... I see operations cost going up ....
It is a public company wholy owned by the Nigerian government. So I guess the owner gets to choose how business is carried out.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Directs Crude Oil Sales To Be Handled By CBN, No Longer NNPCL by swaggerjack: 3:58pm On Jan 29
10mobile:
Reformer. Lol. This is why he took CBN to his backyard so that it would be easy to transport the money in bullion vans to his Burdillion home or to the airport with the help of FAAN officials grin

But, on a serious note, I suggest that Nigerians should demand a psychiatric check on their President. His many verbal gaffes during the campaigns and now all these decisions that don't make sense get me much concerned that this driver might just drive all of us into a lagoon.

But then I know that Nigerians generally don't care. So,, I don't expect nobody to do anything. We are all good people.

Those "powerful people" that hide forex no dey CBN abi? Na angels from heaven full CBN. Na wah for this reasoning. CBN is created to handle revenue - which is enough job already - and not to sell commodity. Which juju sef dis man de use control people like this?
grin

Re: Tinubu Directs Crude Oil Sales To Be Handled By CBN, No Longer NNPCL by Justiceleague1: 3:58pm On Jan 29
BloodyDoe:
I know some APE will only read the headline and proceed to vomit their usual hate.

The directive is very reasonable too, accountability will be transparent and of course it will shorten the arms of the corrupt officials.
🍌
Re: Tinubu Directs Crude Oil Sales To Be Handled By CBN, No Longer NNPCL by fuke(m): 4:00pm On Jan 29
Nice move.
NNPCL is too pwerful.
NNPC makes the oil, CBN sells it.

Meanwhle

Re: Tinubu Directs Crude Oil Sales To Be Handled By CBN, No Longer NNPCL by Haaland21: 4:01pm On Jan 29
lexy2014:

off point. you have not answered the questions.

is it the job of CBN to sell anything?

how was the old arrangement responsible for the weak value of the naira?

who are the powerful people you accuse of hiding the forex?

corruption.....i guess they are not fully declaring what was sold.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Directs Crude Oil Sales To Be Handled By CBN, No Longer NNPCL by Coolestguy2023: 4:02pm On Jan 29
Neduzze5:
Move CBN to Lagos.

Move oil sales to CBN.

You are seeing shege
Re: Tinubu Directs Crude Oil Sales To Be Handled By CBN, No Longer NNPCL by Bluntemperor: 4:03pm On Jan 29
God bless President Tinubu on this great initiative!
If you do things the same way, you get the same results!
So,let us see how the Thieves,the Greedy-and Corrupt Nigerians- will handle these Payments - which will go Directly to hit the govt Accounts and I can tell you here,great days are ahead of Nigerians.
1•- first,ALL PAYMENTS should be handled by CBN/ Bankers.
2•- all RECEIPTS of Oil should be handled by CBN Officials- and CBN - Stamps and Confirmation be thoroughly done!
3•-CBN Officials should hold Reconciliation of these Payments and Receipts- well,so as not to give Nigeria govt excuses.
4•- CBN Governor- should warn the Bankers- on the Corruption that will be lurking around because of the huge Money that will be involved in this particular excercise!
5- Each Money Paid should be Specified- Naira, Dollars or any other Foreign Currencies!
6- CBN should be able to give Daily and Weekly Reports on What goes in NNPC,for Accountability sake!
This is a huge Works,wish CBN Success in this new tasks!

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Directs Crude Oil Sales To Be Handled By CBN, No Longer NNPCL by lightwind(m): 4:05pm On Jan 29
hafeeanubasy:

Mumu

Move just 5 of 29 CBN departments to HQ annex built in lagos by sanusi Lamido Sanusi under GEJ government.

So which one is "moving" CBN?...That is definitely what you have been telling your illiterate slaves around you!

I don't want to believe IPOB terrorists are this deaf and unintelligent !

What if the man you quoted is an Hausa Man what if ??

Why do you hate the Igbos this much ? Are they the only people or tribe that uses the internet in Nigeria ? Are there not Ijaws, Edos, Calabas, Urhobos and a lot of other tribes in Nigeria that doesn't like APC Government or the suffering they put Nigerians into ?

I ask you
Re: Tinubu Directs Crude Oil Sales To Be Handled By CBN, No Longer NNPCL by 10mobile: 4:05pm On Jan 29
loswhite:
CBN is was created to handle revenue?
No, it was created to sell fuel.
Re: Tinubu Directs Crude Oil Sales To Be Handled By CBN, No Longer NNPCL by swaggerjack: 4:05pm On Jan 29
Neduzze5:
Move CBN to Lagos.

Move oil sales to CBN.

Dollars, pounds and euros of bullion vans shocked
Re: Tinubu Directs Crude Oil Sales To Be Handled By CBN, No Longer NNPCL by lexy2014: 4:06pm On Jan 29
Haaland21:

corruption.....i guess they are not fully declaring what was sold.

1. is it the job of CBN to sell anything?

2. how was the old arrangement responsible for the weak value of the naira?

3. who are the powerful people you accuse of hiding the forex?
Re: Tinubu Directs Crude Oil Sales To Be Handled By CBN, No Longer NNPCL by Basicend: 4:07pm On Jan 29
If the diversion is to revive the Nigerian economy, time will tell.

If it is to divert the siphoning of national resources from the hands of northern cabals to Lagos cabals, time will also tell.

My own is, anybody that does not want Nigeria to progess, the fire of God will disgrace and uproot them.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Directs Crude Oil Sales To Be Handled By CBN, No Longer NNPCL by Gangster1ms: 4:08pm On Jan 29
Tinubu my man
Re: Tinubu Directs Crude Oil Sales To Be Handled By CBN, No Longer NNPCL by benjaminlawson(m): 4:08pm On Jan 29
Kudos to President Tinubu for this decision, as someone have wrote before me, what we want is total sack on its MD, Melee Kyari. The man is the one that put this country to this economic hardship, how can a so called private company continue to dictate how other companies must sell their products. Immediately subsidy was removed, the man came to air to announce the new price, how he even arrive at that was unknown to us. The man has made himself the highest authority in our land, whose operation is not subject to any checks and balances from any where , that is the reason the man was misbehaving. The question Atiku asked were pertinent questions, how are we going to borrow 3.3 billions dollars and pay it back with 12 billions dollars, according to the price at which crude oil will be exchanged for the loan. No other government agencies has any input in the arrangement except one man - Kyari. They must ensure that no single barren of crude oil dollar is paid to any other account except in CBN as directed by the President. Mr. President well done for this, we are eagerly waiting for when the man will be sack and made to share the same room with elefele.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Directs Crude Oil Sales To Be Handled By CBN, No Longer NNPCL by oyebanji(m): 4:09pm On Jan 29
You get head so?

10mobile:

Re: Tinubu Directs Crude Oil Sales To Be Handled By CBN, No Longer NNPCL by loswhite(m): 4:09pm On Jan 29
10mobile:

No, it was created to sell fuel.
No need to respond to a dunce. How can you say CBN was created to handle revenue? People will zero knowledge will just be posting thrash.
Re: Tinubu Directs Crude Oil Sales To Be Handled By CBN, No Longer NNPCL by Basicend: 4:09pm On Jan 29
Umueme:

#My_Opinion

Buhari refused to appoint a petroleum minister during his era.

So, its all the same, kind of.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Directs Crude Oil Sales To Be Handled By CBN, No Longer NNPCL by lolu2019: 4:10pm On Jan 29
Asswipemod:

Oga, CBN is not handling operations. Can't you read? It's only handling the sales aspect. Why the unnecessary ranting?
U r answering person that don't have brain.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tolu Ogunlesi Criticized For His Posts About Peter Obi (Pictures) / Davido Blasts Oyetola: 'You Are Actually Just A Bad Human Being' / 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.