Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,432 members, 7,815,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

Dangote Refinery To Import Crude Oil From The United States - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Refinery To Import Crude Oil From The United States (27446 Views)

Dangote Refinery To Start Refining Petrol By November 30, 2023 – Devakumar Edwin / 21 Facts About Dangote Refinery To Be Commissioned Today / Dangote Refinery To Cut Ghana’s Fuel Imports And Reduce Pump Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Refinery To Import Crude Oil From The United States by HRMK: 10:26am On Jan 30
what happens to our own crude oil?inferior or not enough quantity to supply dangote or disagreement in price or some hankypanky?
Re: Dangote Refinery To Import Crude Oil From The United States by Nyouth: 10:27am On Jan 30
10mobile:
Hmmm! I've always seen selling crude as bad economic practice by helpless countries that can't refine or with low refining capacity. That's because no amount seems justifiable for the numerous crude by-products sold away. So, I'm surprised US also sells crude.

No no no, not true. Even if it's only the employment that the refinery would provide, it's an advantage. No one should think that Dang's refinery is an economic magic wand that will suddenly wave off all our economic woes. But it's certainly not a disadvantage.

After all, we're already import-dependent. So, importing crude isn't what will put more pressure on the Naira. Rather, when we refine in Nigeria, we have all the by-products for local use and re-export which would help us recover any loss in forex due to import.

The situation in Nigeria is really bad. But it's certainly not all bad. Of course, it's never all bad anywhere. As we keep the government on its toes, let's also try to see the silver linings for the sake of our sanity as a people. Thanks.
covering your problem with blanket won't make it go away, why can't we give all our crude to dangote he refine and sell to us the same money he use to buy from USA he will use it to buy Nigeria, we use to sell crude yo the USA they store for future use now they have enough and they will be selling back to us at higher price, we black people have no sense
Re: Dangote Refinery To Import Crude Oil From The United States by Slurity(m): 10:28am On Jan 30
Solofresh2:
Hahaa
When I tell Nigerians that Dangote was only working for his own pocket,they taught I was lying grin
So, who else do you except him to work for?
Re: Dangote Refinery To Import Crude Oil From The United States by Codes151(m): 10:29am On Jan 30
one man should not own a refinery
Re: Dangote Refinery To Import Crude Oil From The United States by Splashme: 10:32am On Jan 30
This country is gone to the dogs
Re: Dangote Refinery To Import Crude Oil From The United States by gulfer: 10:35am On Jan 30
Nibo la tun ba yara ja bayi o lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery To Import Crude Oil From The United States by MT: 10:41am On Jan 30
Solofresh2:
Hahaa
When I tell Nigerians that Dangote was only working for his own pocket,they taught I was lying grin

How is he working for his own pocket in this regard?
Re: Dangote Refinery To Import Crude Oil From The United States by dododawa1: 10:47am On Jan 30
DANGOTE

One of NIGERIA

Problem
Re: Dangote Refinery To Import Crude Oil From The United States by Femmyfamous4u(m): 10:53am On Jan 30
humility33:

But Nigeria produces 1.7M barrels of crude per day.. why can't he just use nigeria crude

The refinery has been refining Nigerian crude for almost 2 weeks now but the portion to refine other crude is redundant.
Re: Dangote Refinery To Import Crude Oil From The United States by waveman2: 11:05am On Jan 30
Government should just increase minimum wage.our currency is now as useless and CFa and that of other African countries.A cleaner should be earning like 200k a month a barber should be paid about 4k for hair cut to reflect the standard of our currency.That is what is obtainable in other African countries.
Re: Dangote Refinery To Import Crude Oil From The United States by Truthshotcrazy: 11:07am On Jan 30
Northernblood7:

[b]

Shame on you Dangote needs 650k barrels only. Don't say what nobody said. You are the one saying all crude should be given to dangote not me

https://punchng.com/oil-production-now-1-7-million-barrels-daily-says-fg
Re: Dangote Refinery To Import Crude Oil From The United States by Malawian(m): 11:13am On Jan 30
This Funky Arboki just dey do business for our head.

Government Pikin.
Re: Dangote Refinery To Import Crude Oil From The United States by zoomzoom(m): 11:13am On Jan 30
[quote author=10mobile post=128187871]Hmmm! I've always seen selling crude as bad economic practice by helpless countries that can't refine or with low refining capacity. That's because no amount seems justifiable for the numerous crude by-products sold away. So, I'm surprised US also sells crude.

No no no, not true. Even if it's only the employment that the refinery would provide, it's an advantage. No one should think that Dang's refinery is an economic magic wand that will suddenly wave off all our economic woes. But it's certainly not a disadvantage.

After all, we're already import-dependent. So, importing crude isn't what will put more pressure on the Naira. Rather, when we refine in Nigeria, we have all the by-products for local use and re-export which would help us recover any loss in forex due to import.

The situation in Nigeria is really bad. But it's certainly not all bad. Of course, it's never all bad anywhere. As we keep the government on its toes, let's also try to see the silver linings for the sake of our sanity as a people. Thanks.

Even when there's NO SILVER LINING, we all should PRETEND FOR OUR SANITY..he says!!.

Pray tell, is it not the goal of any great economy to FIRST BE SELF SUFFICIENT before any EXPORT?.
NOW, where is that domestic quota alloted to our local Refineries in the past that NNPCL has been using to swap for fuel?... otilor?.
We go know THE TRUTH SOONEST!!
OSHI!!!.
Olé!!!
Barawo!!!.
Re: Dangote Refinery To Import Crude Oil From The United States by Indifferent12: 11:15am On Jan 30
Pennywise2:
I believenow the person who said that dangote will not give us anything. That it's only media buying he is using to deceive the people. He isnt building or keeping anything for us. Just media stunts. It's been months now

It's getting clearer.
Are you a relative of dangote that he will give u something?
If u want petroleum products go n buy at his rate, if he says he want dollar, pay him in dollars. If u can’t do that then someone else will.
He’s a business man, not a charity
Re: Dangote Refinery To Import Crude Oil From The United States by Indifferent12: 11:16am On Jan 30
Solofresh2:
Hahaa
Should he work for your pocket?
If u were a business man, will u work for dangote pocket
Re: Dangote Refinery To Import Crude Oil From The United States by prophetfire: 11:21am On Jan 30
TimeManager:
Can we try and be reasonable for once, everything shouldn't go by wailing and all that. What's our production per month?, we currently on 1.7mbp, do you expect we offload all our production to Dangote without selling abroad to earn FX?. Dangote and other refineries coming up would have to source crude from various buyers to augument the supply from NNPCL.
Dangote refinery requires 6million feedstock of crude oil to start production.
NNPCL does not have 6million supplies to give Dangote.

-kiss the truth!

FFX
. How is your brain functioning? Dangote needs only 650kbpd.
Re: Dangote Refinery To Import Crude Oil From The United States by samsard(m): 11:21am On Jan 30
Available9:

More than 50% of our forex goes to this man, and when he export his products, he uses the revenue to buy raw materials directly from the country buying his products...we are talking real economics here, not sentiments
You're still talking sentiments. Firstly, the 50% forex figure is imaginary. Until recently the government gave forex to companies that needed to bring tooling and equipment from abroad, and Dangote is not the only beneficiary. It's to encourage local manufacturing and job creation. Also, a lot of Dangote refinery's cost is funded with foreign loans and investments from outsiders. The stake the Federal Government has through the NNPC is on the promise of crude oil supplies amounting to some millions of barrels of crude supply.
Nigeria has pledged a lot of its current crude production in forex forwards. That means that if we're producing say a million barrels a day we essentially only have access to say 700k barrels because the rest is promised as debt payment for foreign loans. We are not able to achieve peak crude production now because of crude oil theft and other factors and part of the available production is basically paying off debt.
Re: Dangote Refinery To Import Crude Oil From The United States by Ttipsy(f): 11:29am On Jan 30
Lol imaginary importation to deceive people

The oil used in dangote refinery is coming free of charge from Oil producing states.
They just want to use this as an excuse because the price of fuel they will be producing will be high.
Re: Dangote Refinery To Import Crude Oil From The United States by Aluckiest(m): 11:38am On Jan 30
Story for the gods, another Excuse from the pit of hell.
Re: Dangote Refinery To Import Crude Oil From The United States by maasoap(m): 11:45am On Jan 30
Solofresh2:
Hahaa
And you think that inability of the FG to supply crude to Dangote refinery is Dangote's fault?
Two. I never for once believed that refining crude oil in Nigeria would bring down the price, may be by N50 per litre at best.
Thirdly. Dangote refinery is privately owned, not just by Dangote alone but by many individuals including FG. So yeah, it is established to put money in the pockets of shareholders. The only benefit of refining crude oil in Nigeria is availability of the products, no more scarcity
Re: Dangote Refinery To Import Crude Oil From The United States by tophempire: 11:46am On Jan 30
NA NIGERIAN YOUTH I BLAME...

ONA GO DE SPEND TIME FOR CHURCH AND MOSQUE INTRODUCED BY YOUR ANCESTORS SLAVE MASTERS

AFTER THAT YOU SPEND THE REMAINING TIME IN SCHOOLS WHERE YOUR ANCESTORS SLAVE MASTERS DETERMINES WHAT IS TAUGHT AND NOT.

THEN YOU COME OUT TO WORK FOR GOVERNMENT THAT ARE TAX COLLECTORS FOR THE CHILDEREN FOR YOUR ANCESTORS SLAVE MASTERS.

Nigeria IS NOT A COUNTRY BUT A BRITISH COMPANY

AND THEY ARE NOT READY TO HAND OVER TO YOU.
Re: Dangote Refinery To Import Crude Oil From The United States by Mills55: 11:47am On Jan 30
Dangote refinery is designed in such a way that it can refine any type of crude produced anywhereintheworld. What we are seeing is because of the fact that Nigeria alone cannot produce enough crude for the refinery. So they need to source for the product elsewhere.
Note the fact that in every refinery, once that light you see burning 🔥 is up, it doesn't just stop. Production has to continue. And there are some machines in every refinery that don't just go off. So the need for sourcing more crude elsewhere.
The refinery cannot depend on Nigeria crude alone for Production.
This translate that we still have a long way to go. Because this will still put pressure on the naira. Because Dangote needs FX for the procurement of this crude. the price of fuel is not coming down any time soon.
Re: Dangote Refinery To Import Crude Oil From The United States by NairaMaster1(m): 11:52am On Jan 30
Solofresh2:
Hahaa

That man is up to something. Is it that we don't have enough. Or he's trying to justify the expected
high rate?
Re: Dangote Refinery To Import Crude Oil From The United States by maasoap(m): 11:53am On Jan 30
Northernblood7:

Are you saying that Nigeria does not have enough Crude grin cheesy ; . Pick up a mirrow and repeat the same sentence looking at yourself carefully as you say so

Oga, Nigeria produces 1.9 million barrels daily according to workdmeter, Dangote refinery needs only 650k. Make research b4 talking next time

If FG is ready to supply him all the crude he needs on daily basis, why would he be sourcing for crude oil abroad that will make his production cost go up?
Nigeria might be producing 1.9 million barrels per day, you just have to know that FG already has an agreement with foreign firms/countries that can't just be discarded like that. That's why FG may not be able to supply him 650k barrels per day for now
Re: Dangote Refinery To Import Crude Oil From The United States by NairaMaster1(m): 11:53am On Jan 30
Solofresh2:
Hahaa

That man is up to something. Is it that we do not have enough. Or he's trying to justify the expected
high rate?
Re: Dangote Refinery To Import Crude Oil From The United States by NairaMaster1(m): 11:58am On Jan 30
TimeManager:
Can we try and be reasonable for once, everything shouldn't go by wailing and all that. What's our production per month?, we currently on 1.7mbp, do you expect we offload all our production to Dangote without selling abroad to earn FX?. Dangote and other refineries coming up would have to source crude from various buyers to augument the supply from NNPCL.

-kiss the truth!

Nigeria produces 1.9mb per day not 1.7mb per month Sir.

Dangote is a capitalist. Capitalism is an embodiment of wickedness. He wants to justify his exploitation.
Re: Dangote Refinery To Import Crude Oil From The United States by NairaMaster1(m): 11:58am On Jan 30
TimeManager:

-kiss the truth!

Nigeria produces 1.9mb per day not 1.7mb per month Sir.

Dangote is a capitalist. A capitalist is an embodiment of wickedness. He wants to justify his exploitation.
Re: Dangote Refinery To Import Crude Oil From The United States by pacespot(m): 12:29pm On Jan 30
I hope this news hits Yoruba Ronu who were trending Dangote Refinery launching with the caption "congratulations Nigeria" to the core.

So are you congratulating Nigeria now or Dangote?

Dangote is already setting the stage to make sure the fuel pump price will continue to go up instead of reducing the price. When Dangote is not foolish grin, isn't it the joy of a businessman that the price of his product is going up?

I've noticed something about Fulani people, they care more about foreign interests than the interest of Black African people. Anywhere you hear about insecurity in Africa occasioned by mining by foreign companies like Chinese, USA and the rest, it is Fulani people they often use. This is what is happening in Angola, Congo and Northern Nigeria.

Dangote is a Fulani man, I hope people have not forgotten this.
Re: Dangote Refinery To Import Crude Oil From The United States by Sleekfingers: 12:37pm On Jan 30
Solofresh2:
Hahaa

Of course, he is a businessman, and he does not run any charity organization..
Do you expect him to work for Nigeria Pocket?
Re: Dangote Refinery To Import Crude Oil From The United States by 910omokeyinwa: 12:50pm On Jan 30
Chaiii..stolen mandate of.. Chaiii..stolen mandate of.....
Re: Dangote Refinery To Import Crude Oil From The United States by Sleekfingers: 12:51pm On Jan 30
APOSTLECHUMA:
Reason for this Judas Iscariot to sell petrol 2000 and tell us that he isn't selling Nigerian fuel.

Why cant we resuscitate our dead refineries? Mind you, Dangote is a businessman, all he thinks about is himself and group of company.
Re: Dangote Refinery To Import Crude Oil From The United States by telleyway: 1:23pm On Jan 30
alsudan:
Nigerians should prepare to buy fuel for 1500 this year and exchange 1 dollar for 3000 Naira very soon.

Where's the Port Harcourt refinery that the cocaine sniffing thug promised was gonna start running in December Last year.

I said it, now Nigeria is no longer exporter of crude oil. The more you imagine things happening in this country, the angrier you become

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Banking Activities Paralysed In Sagamu Today / Faeces Litter At Ogbete Market In Enugu / What Sells In Nigeria These Days?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.