Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,810 members, 7,813,669 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:58 PM

See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. (38540 Views)

See The Tomatoes Someone Bought For N380 In Ghana / Look At The Tomatoes I Bought For 200 Naira In Jos / The Tomatoes, Onions & Pepper I Bought For ₦100 In Dutsinma, Katsina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by SeeWahala: 5:59pm On Jan 30
ibechris:
The farm guy and the seewahala friends are terrible guys.

Why won't they go to supermarkets to educate them about tomatoes storage...na here una dey get get mouth.

Trouble souls.

So for your mind you believe all those fruits and vegetables being displayed in supermarkets stay on those frozen shelves for longer than a week? shocked

There is a course in the university called Food Science Technology I suggest you get acquainted with a scholar and ask some necessary questions. Ignorance is no excuse to give you or your family poor nutrition or poisons in the guise of hoarding food for later consumption wink

5 Likes

Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by obinna58(m): 6:00pm On Jan 30
FarmPlanetNG:

The food is preserved. But the nutrients in it is heavily diminished. I know you are a farmer.but it is beyond your knowledge. Most scientists on earth do not even know food half life exists
If a raw food can still keep 80-85% percent of it’s value after storage, there’s nothing to worry about, the only scary thing we should be talking about is harmful methods of some storage

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by SeeWahala: 6:02pm On Jan 30
obinna58:

If a raw food can still keep 80-85% percent of it’s value after storage, there’s nothing to worry about, the only scary thing we should be talking about is harmful methods of some storage

It is better to dry the fruits and vegetables for longer storage than to keep them with fluids. That's just how it is. No be me make am like that na oluwa.

2 Likes

Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by Sapeleboy911(m): 6:06pm On Jan 30
Nice2023:

U didn't read it well. And if u did,u sounded like one who is extremely frustrated and weak minded.

I use 33line and I can store anything because of the constant light.

Read and don't be angry...we are not fighting ok.

Although that G choice of words was very rude and insulting, he stated some very important facts. Storing vegetables such as tomatoes, pepper, etc for a long period of time will its depletes it's nutrients. No matter the preservation method used. We all know that the worst is yet to come in this hell of a country. The high cost of goods for now is child's play, compared to when the minimum wage is finally increased, na then we go know how far.

Talking about line 33, is this Delta state? I recently moved here, and power is frustrating me. Althoug there are people in the neighborhood who use line 33, 24/7 light, I made inquiries and I was asked to pay 1m, cost of connection materials not included. Can you imagine?

3 Likes

Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by FarmPlanetNG: 6:09pm On Jan 30
obinna58:

Tomatoes wont retain up to 70% its nutritional value of long period. Also, whatever means is used to preserve the tomato to retain the nutrients hoghly over a prolonged period is the financial amounts saved from getting it freshed. The best way to preserve tomatoes over a long time is using oil to cover it completely. And it would require changing from time to time over prolonged time. While these methods are effective, they are best in preparation against food scarcity during wars where necessity is on the front burner

Six plots of tomatoes can feed a family os six consistently every three months. The best way to preserve and manage cheap price is to produce.

And if we out of fear begin to preserve all foods, would he also buy and preserve onions, pepper, yams. Etc

Advice him to learn financial planning i.e invest his money and his returns will cover inflatory prices, not these 1960s dogmas
Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by donphilopus: 6:13pm On Jan 30
Nice2023:
See the tomatoes I bought yesterday,due to recent hike in everything,I decide to store up food for the year to avoid being caught unawares.

Although it hasn't been easy at all but with a man with four children,u have no option but to ensure u have the food at home and keep everyone moving.

Below is the tomatoes which cost me 15k at Deidei Market Abuja.

I think it's even cheaper at Madalla market.
Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by FarmPlanetNG: 6:15pm On Jan 30
SeeWahala:

So for your mind you believe all those fruits and vegetables being displayed in supermarkets stay on those frozen shelves for longer than a week? shocked

There is a course in the university called Food Science Technology I suggest you get acquainted with a scholar and ask some necessary questions. Ignorance is no excuse to give you or your family poor nutrition or poisons in the guise of hoarding food for later consumption wink

The world doesnt know these deep secrets. I can say confidently even in the scientific community most people do not know it. For example, when maize is harvested, within few hours, there are many nutrients that escape. Now, in order to make some health supplements, to get some nutrients that are needed, pharmaceutical companies now consult and engage big farm companies so that hours after harvest they get the produce from them. GNLD is a principal beneficiary of these principle and its one of the core reasons their supplements work. Nigerians do not read much. The Ceo of GNLD made publications on these and they published how many nutritional parts of crops gets completed diminished after harvest. After hours, rhere are some butrients rhat vanish. Some after a day, some after a week, some after a month. This entire depeltion of nutrients thru molecular breakdown makes food eaten best close to harvested time.

Atleast 95% of our global scientific commmunity do not know these new truths.

Tomatoes can be preserved even five years with delicate preservation methods for war time purposes. But in the absence of war, it doesnt make sense to preserve vegetables over prolonged duration. We maintain our stance.

4 Likes

Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by Nice2023(m): 6:22pm On Jan 30
donphilopus:

I think it's even cheaper at Madalla market.

I saw the one of 8k but they aren't the kind of Derica I like.

I had to go for this one.

1 Like

Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by SeeWahala: 6:22pm On Jan 30
FarmPlanetNG:

The world doesnt know these deep secrets. I can say confidently even in the scientific community most people do not know it. For example, when maize is harvested, within few hours, there are many nutrients that escape. Now, in order to make some health supplements, to get some nutrients that are needed, pharmaceutical companies now consult and engage big farm companies so that hours after harvest they get the produce from them. GNLD is a principal beneficiary of these principle and its one of the core reasons their supplements work. Nigerians do not read much. The Ceo of GNLD made publications on these and they published how many nutritional parts of crops gets completed diminished after harvest. After hours, rhere are some butrients rhat vanish. Some after a day, some after a week, some after a month. This entire depeltion of nutrients thru molecular breakdown makes food eaten best close to harvested time.

Atleast 95% of our global scientific commmunity do not know these new truths.

Tomatoes can be preserved even five years with delicate preservation methods for war time purposes. But in the absence of war, it doesnt make sense to preserve vegetables over prolonged duration. We maintain our stance.

My oga, me I don talk my own finish. He who has ears let him hear. I'm sure after this episode the op will never try such stunt again.

2 Likes

Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by ira3oladosu: 9:20pm On Jan 30
Panic buy Panic buy ...
Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by 1Sharon(f): 11:38pm On Jan 30
Tomatoes shouldn't be frozen, it loses flavour. Buy tinned tomatoes if you can't maintain the fresh ones.

1 Like

Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by Nice2023(m): 5:38am On Jan 31
1Sharon:
Tomatoes shouldn't be frozen, it loses flavour. Buy tinned tomatoes if you can't maintain the fresh ones.

That is not the topic.

Ok,so keep ur advice madam.
Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by ewaoluwa13n: 7:19am On Jan 31
You bought beans yesterday, today you bought tomatoes. Salary earners, na una get this week. This January good for una body. My neighbor never off gen since yesterday.You bought beans yesterday, today you bought tomatoes. Salary earners, na una get this week. This January good for una body. My neighbor never off gen since yesterday....
Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by Rickmann: 7:29am On Jan 31
Nice2023:

U didn't read it well. And if u did,u sounded like one who is extremely frustrated and weak minded.

It's really not about the constant power. It's about the life span of what you are storing, it's health benefits and quality after a given period. Vegetables are perishables and are meant to be used as it comes.
Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by Kobojunkie: 7:49am On Jan 31
Rickmann:
■ It's really not about the constant power. It's about the life span of what you are storing, it's health benefits and quality after a given period. Vegetables are perishables and are meant to be used as it comes.
Storyland! Frozen vegetables options you buy at the stores are what? Rubber? undecided
Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by garriAndsugar: 9:17am On Jan 31
One woman is praying for a husband like the OP but she can't behave like the OP's wife or even ask him how his wife behaves that he is doing all this.

To all the women praying for a man like the OP just know that a woman with a bad character will never get a good husband, even if she gets it won't last for long.

Anyways nice one OP make who get money spend am well enjoy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by NoToPile: 9:41am On Jan 31
FarmPlanetNG:

Tomatoes wont retain up to 70% its nutritional value of long period. Also, whatever means is used to preserve the tomato to retain the nutrients hoghly over a prolonged period is the financial amounts saved from getting it freshed. The best way to preserve tomatoes over a long time is using oil to cover it completely. And it would require changing from time to time over prolonged time. While these methods are effective, they are best in preparation against food scarcity during wars where necessity is on the front burner

Six plots of tomatoes can feed a family os six consistently every three months. The best way to preserve and manage cheap price is to produce.

And if we out of fear begin to preserve all foods, would he also buy and preserve onions, pepper, yams. Etc

Advice him to learn financial planning i.e invest his money and his returns will cover inflatory prices, not these 1960s dogmas

So how long can fresh healthy tomatoes be kept frozen and would still retain a sizeable amount of nutrients.

Some people bulk buy, though not as much as OP like every 4 - 5 weeks max and then restock hence the question.

1 Like

Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by FarmPlanetNG: 9:52am On Jan 31
NoToPile:

So how long can fresh healthy tomatoes be kept frozen and would still retain a sizeable amount of nutrients.

Some people bulk buy, though not as much as OP like every 4 - 5 weeks max and then restock hence the question.

4-6 Weeks is fine. We just must take into account that though foods maybe preserved for long doesnt mean they will contain high amount of nutrients as time goesby.

I also believe that Using Oils is far better in preserving tomatoes
Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by midehi2(f): 10:46am On Jan 31
Nice2023:

blend and dry before preservation
Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by Jeje247: 10:47am On Jan 31
Zonefree:
You bought beans yesterday, today you bought tomatoes.

Salary earners, na una get this week. This January good for una body. My neighbor never off gen since yesterday.

shey you dey monitor the guy ni
Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by 12345baba(m): 10:49am On Jan 31
Must u emphasize the in my house part? Na my house u wan use am before?

1 Like

Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by seanery: 10:50am On Jan 31
Better u stock-UP in freezer, if not; ALL go spoil.
Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by DavidEsq(m): 10:50am On Jan 31
FarmPlanetNG:
There is a reason they are called " PERISHABLES " in the forst place.

You are indeed a clown and a joker. Who buys tomatoes for preservation for a year. This only happens when the misinforned becomes weathy. And to make such a post only does nothing but project your IQ and poor level of understanding of life. In atomic chemistry and physics, a phenomenon exists that is called half-life. By principle, it also exists in biological sciences. The half-life principle when it comes to food and its kinds theoritisizes that the quality of all kinds of foods in life reduces in quality each day until ut becomes ordinary shaft ( death process )

What i am saying in essennce is that it is to your great disadvantage to buy raw foods for long term storage because the nutritional components of the foods becomes broken and broken down by each day. You will eat it but what makes it nutritous and nourishing for the body completely breaks down molecularly and by the time you eat it after prolonged storage the butrients in it would have diminished by as much as 50-70% hence life by this principle encourages continous work so no one stores and refused to work further

I am saying aby storage of tomatoes, vegetables, pepper for long term is a disadvantage. Do not repeata this again. Eat, thank God for provision and pray to have for the future
In other words, he should boil it till it is very thick and dried grin grin
Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by Adlac(m): 10:50am On Jan 31
FarmPlanetNG:

You are indeed a clown and a joker. Who buys tomatoes for preservation for a year. This only happens when the misinforned becomes weathy. And to make such a post only does nothing but project your IQ and poor level of understanding of life. In atomic chemistry and physics, a phenomenon exists that is called half-life. By principle, it also exists in biological sciences. The half-life principle when it comes to food and its kinds theoritisizes that the quality of all kinds of foods in life reduces in quality each day until ut becomes ordinary shaft ( death process )

What i am saying in essennce is that it is to your great disadvantage to buy raw foods for long term storage because the nutritional components of the foods becomes broken and broken down by each day. You will eat it but what makes it nutritous and nourishing for the body completely breaks down molecularly and by the time you eat it after prolonged storage the butrients in it would have diminished by as much as 50-70% hence life by this principle encourages continous work so no one stores and refused to work further

I am saying aby storage of tomatoes, vegetables, pepper for long term is a disadvantage. Do not repeata this again. Eat, thank God for provision and pray to have for the future

Your Analysis of life expectances of Perishables is bae.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by nairalanda1(m): 10:50am On Jan 31
FarmPlanetNG:

You are indeed a clown and a joker.

Good morning. You can disagree with someone without being so abusive.

You had a good message to pass across, but it was all spoilt by the above sentence.

Try to be more considerate and polite. It is benefical for you.

7 Likes

Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by DavidEsq(m): 10:51am On Jan 31
Zonefree:
You bought beans yesterday, today you bought tomatoes.

Salary earners, na una get this week. This January good for una body. My neighbor never off gen since yesterday.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

1 Like

Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by ariesbull: 10:51am On Jan 31
Nice2023:
See the tomatoes I bought yesterday,due to recent hike in everything,I decide to store up food for the year to avoid being caught unawares.

Although it hasn't been easy at all but with a man with four children,u have no option but to ensure u have the food at home and keep everyone moving.

Below is the tomatoes which cost me 15k at Deidei Market Abuja.
blend it, sieve the oil and put it in freezer with oil film

1 Like

Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by Draslo(m): 10:51am On Jan 31
FarmPlanetNG:

You have a terrible manner of approach

2 Likes

Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by dettolgel: 10:52am On Jan 31
DivinegiftofGod:

This one is not in your league o. He's not those men that ask what a woman will bring to the table.
Op na man abeg.

Nice2023, you be man. Ignore those people calling you a clown. We know those who are clowns and you're not one of them.

So buying food for one's family is what makes the person a man? grin grin

5 Likes

Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by Nice2023(m): 10:52am On Jan 31
Nicepoker:
Panic buy grin

Says who?,I buy my things in bulk down to milk so,keep ur mental cage to ur yourself.

1 Like

Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by dettolgel: 10:52am On Jan 31
Draslo:

You have a terrible manner of approach

No mind guy he is displaying a case of someome that is poorly educated. grin

2 Likes

Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by Atarakpa: 10:52am On Jan 31
DivinegiftofGod:
Its a good buy. Here in Lagos the women will be shouting," I got a basket of tomatoes 38k bla bla.. we don't know if they are saying the truth.

5 pieces of tomatos is 200 naira. They are ripping us in this Lagos. Better to even be buying in bulk but for singles like us, it will get spoilt if not used up on time. That is why we keep buying the quantity we can easily use up while it's still fresh. Nigeria epileptic power supply is not friendly with perishable foods.

Your wife is a lucky woman.
God please give me this kind of caring husband who knows it's his duty to cater for his family in Jesus name I pray.
Amen.
Amen

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A Nairalander Served With Chicken Head At An Event (Photo) / Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper / The Greedy Neighbour: What Would Your Reaction Be If This Happened To You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.