Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,982 members, 7,835,293 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. (38711 Views)

See The Tomatoes Someone Bought For N380 In Ghana / The Tomatoes, Onions & Pepper I Bought For ₦100 In Dutsinma, Katsina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by kosiebe(m): 11:35am On Jan 31
Are doing party or what?
Probably you're a food vendor,if not this is nonsense
Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by NwaliE01: 11:36am On Jan 31
FarmPlanetNG:

On the contrary, i know more than 98% of the entire country. Having an IQ above 157+ makes me top 1% in the entire world.

Smile. Please, don't let the IQ test decieve you. You were only accessed on 0.000001% of information available/documented.
Please, don't brag to know more than anyone. Every single person you meet anywhere knows something you don't have a clue about.
This is what birthed the popular cliche that life is a lesson. In Japanese language, it's called Kaizen; continuous improvement ie learning to continually improve ourselves/process.
I don't know more than anyone even though I graduated as a first class in both my first degree and masters, I am still a student of life itself.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by Babaibeji2020(m): 11:36am On Jan 31
FarmPlanetNG:

Mind your business doesnt work on public forums. Google what a forum mans to educate yourself. Pkus, if the world takes all contrary opinions as being better, there will be no better in the world. Information must be counterbalanced with information which is simply what i did. If you dont like my position, your problem
Argue with your money πŸ’° in your vault.
Take your opinion to your relatives in the village,whatever a fellow does with his cash ain't your business. People buy super cars with lofty money and get into crashes that kill them,is that your business...?
Go make money first,then start going to the market every day to buy tomatoes just because the "half life" shit would set in. "A poor man says he loves a thatched house better than a zinc(cement blocked) house because it's colder" Go find an elderly relative to explain this adage.........
Poverty izza bastard.....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by Lomprico2: 11:36am On Jan 31
FarmPlanetNG:
There is a reason they are called " PERISHABLES " in the forst place.

Who buys tomatoes for preservation for a year.

In atomic chemistry and physics, a phenomenon exists that is called half-life. By principle, it also exists in biological sciences. The half-life principle when it comes to food and its kinds theoritisizes that the quality of all kinds of foods in life reduces in quality each day until ut becomes ordinary shaft ( death process )

What i am saying in essennce is that it is to your great disadvantage to buy raw foods for long term storage because the nutritional components of the foods becomes broken and broken down by each day. You will eat it but what makes it nutritous and nourishing for the body completely breaks down molecularly and by the time you eat it after prolonged storage the butrients in it would have diminished by as much as 50-70% hence life by this principle encourages continous work so no one stores and refused to work further

I am saying aby storage of tomatoes, vegetables, pepper for long term is a disadvantage.

Radaradarada!
And tomato paste company are still flourishung.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by FarmPlanetNG: 11:39am On Jan 31
Babaibeji2020:

Take your opinion to your relatives in the village,whatever a fellow does with his cash ain't your business. People buy super cars with lofty money and get into crashes that kill them,is that your business...?
Go make money first,then start going to the market every day to buy tomatoes just because the "half life" shit would set in. "A poor man says he loves a thatched house better than a zinc(cement blocked) house because it's colder" Go find an elderly relative to explain this adage.........

Its a public forum. It is my right to not be silenced. Otherwise anyone who doesnt want criticisms should be off the forum

What poverty? A modern farmer with 12 workers who buys food in bulk is poor. Average bad man hates to learn and improve. Smh
Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by Nice2023(m): 11:40am On Jan 31
CaptainFM1:

He's right. He's not saying you should not store food. He's just highlighting the disadvantages of storing perishable food stuffs for a long time.

There's a reason why they put expiry dates on them in developed countries.

Then what can u say about tin tomatoes...that guy is akin to a false prophet.

However,there are many ways of preservation then what makes him right?

Who made him a teacher on my post...he should take his education to Nafdac jor.
Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 11:40am On Jan 31
Nice2023:

Are u a doctor,even if u are but u eat iced fish and all sorts.

Storing of food didn't start today therefore,keep ur education to urself. The Egyptians stored food,Americans do and I don't care how u see it.

I am purely someone who buys in large quantity and that didn't start today and neither is it going to stop soon.

So keep ur advice for now.

The economic situation don't even understand the nutritional aspect of ur talk for now.
we are waiting here to give you advice on how to treat some cancer πŸ¦€β™‹ and illness that will result from taken such foods
Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by FarmPlanetNG: 11:40am On Jan 31
NwaliE01:

Smile. Please, don't let the IQ test decieve you. You were only accessed on 0.000001% of information available/documented.
Please, don't brag to know more than anyone. Every single person you meet anywhere knows something you don't have a clue about.
This is what birthed the popular cliche that life is a lesson. In Japanese language, it's called Kaizen; continuous improvement ie learning to continually improve ourselves/process.
I don't know more than anyone even though I graduated as a first class in both my first degree and masters, I am still a student of life itself.

Dude you are in Australia a western country. Take my comments to a food lab and make professional consultation. You leae Nigeria but fuulishness no leave you

1 Like

Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by ogawisdom(m): 11:43am On Jan 31
Nice2023:

We blended half of it and cooked already...

Ok my bro

Pls ignore that badly raised kid that may still be receiving mama thank ma. The thing is that people radiate their frustration unto everything.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by Nice2023(m): 11:43am On Jan 31
Babaibeji2020:

U nailed it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by Lomprico2: 11:43am On Jan 31
SeeWahala:

He's saying the truth.

You don't store fruits or vegetables in a freezer for prolonged periods of time. They will always get bad angry

Oga he is not making any sense, I see jealous over the nonsense he typed. Are u saying tomato paste, ketchup you buy is not good?. Is it not same tomato it's made of?
Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by NwaliE01: 11:44am On Jan 31
FarmPlanetNG:

Dude you are in Australia a western country. Take my comments to a food lab and make professional consultation. You leae Nigeria but fuulishness no leave you

Your primary problem is that you lack manners. You think dishing out insults places you ahead of others.
Our primary IQ is accessed based on our level of respect for humanity and the environment. I can't be this insolent.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by SeeWahala: 11:45am On Jan 31
Lomprico2:

Oga he is not making any sense, I see jealous over the nonsense he typed. Are u saying tomato paste, ketchup you buy is not good?. Is it not same tomato it's made of?

We are talking of storing fresh tomatoes in a freezer aka frozen. Those ones in tins already have preservatives added.

You get the difference now? wink

2 Likes

Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by DivinegiftofGod: 11:46am On Jan 31
Nice2023:

U have been attacking me for the past years...yet u are not tired...

U are a typical example of enemy within. People like u are causing serious family problems all because u are backward,dishoest,criminal minded and poor at the same time.

Too bad!

With ur education honestly u are useless. I can't say
more.

U can also kill ur yourself and do it quick,enemy of progress.

Wait,for me I will show u things that break ur heart,
And make u commit suicide as soon as possible.

Get ready.

Bros you don't need all this. Just ignore him. Every one can see he's envious of you. So let it slide.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by Lomprico2: 11:46am On Jan 31
Babaibeji2020:

Lol, no mind the bad belle, because dem don teach am half life he wan con tell us say he sabi.

1 Like

Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by unbiased2021: 11:47am On Jan 31
Sapeleboy911:

Although that G choice of words was very rude and insulting, he stated some very important facts. Storing vegetables such as tomatoes, pepper, etc for a long period of time will its depletes it's nutrients. No matter the preservation method used. We all know that the worst is yet to come in this hell of a country. The high cost of goods for now is child's play, compared to when the minimum wage is finally increased, na then we go know how far.

Talking about line 33, is this Delta state? I recently moved here, and power is frustrating me. Althoug there are people in the neighborhood who use line 33, 24/7 light, I made inquiries and I was asked to pay 1m, cost of connection materials not included. Can you imagine?

Paying 1m isn’t the big deal sef. The disturbing part is that after paying 1m, line 33 will start having erratic power supply.
I was using line 11 and the power supply was good until everything went bad . I don’t even have power right now. Same Delta
Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by Achieverxoxo: 11:49am On Jan 31
this is roughly 09/10k in jos
Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by FarmPlanetNG: 11:49am On Jan 31
NwaliE01:

Your primary problem is that you lack manners. You think dishing out insults places you ahead of others.
Our primary IQ is accessed based on our level of respect for humanity and the environment. I can't be this insolent.

First, i cant be smart, next i lack manners. Dude, move
Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by Lomprico2: 11:53am On Jan 31
CaptainFM1:

He's right. He's not saying you should not store food. He's just highlighting the disadvantages of storing perishable food stuffs for a long time.

There's a reason why they put expiry dates on them in developed countries.

Did the op say he will store the tomatoes forever?
Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by BarrElChapo(m): 11:55am On Jan 31
Kobojunkie:
What in the world are you going about? undecided

Read through all his posts don't bolden one part to fit your narrative.

2 Likes

Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by Lomprico2: 11:55am On Jan 31
SeeWahala:

We are talking of storing fresh tomatoes in a freezer aka frozen. Those ones in tins already have preservatives added.

You get the difference now? wink

And your 'freezer' here is the preservation technique. It's even better and safer than the tined ones that have been mixed with chemicals. All these as long as there is constant power supply which the op clearly stated he have.
Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by SeeWahala: 11:58am On Jan 31
Lomprico2:

And your 'freezer' here is the preservation technique. It's even better and safer than the tined ones that have been mixed with chemicals.

You think so? You think a freezer is the ultimate technique of preserving food right?

No worry, tomorrow go and buy a full tuber of yam and then throw it in your freezer to store for a month then take it out to thaw and cook.

Come back and give me feedback on its sumptuousness cool I will wait for you to do this experiment
Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by Lomprico2: 12:02pm On Jan 31
SeeWahala:

You tbink so? You think a freezer is the ultimate technique of preserving food right?

No worry, tomorrow go and buy a full tuber of yam and then throw it in your freezer to store for a month then take it out to thaw and cook.

Come back and give me feedback on its sumptuousness cool I will wait for you to do this experiment

See how you people twist words, did I say the freezer is the ultimate preservation technique?
For the yam, funny enough I do preserve in freezer, I peel, cut, wash and put in a plastic seal bag and store in my freezer. It lasts and sure does tastes as good as a fresh one. That how I store old yam. I don't like new yam so I still eat my old yam 'good' when it's new yam season.

There is a lot out there that you don't know about bro!
Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by YangaBabe: 12:02pm On Jan 31
Omoh, everything don cost o, almost triple in prices. TECNO sef wey dey get very cheap phones don dey reach 100k and 200k now.
Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by Soltex456: 12:03pm On Jan 31
I bought same basket for 5k yesterday in kaduna
Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by SeeWahala: 12:04pm On Jan 31
Lomprico2:

See how you people twist words, did I say the freezer is the ultimate preservation technique?
For the yam, funny enough I do preserve in freezer, I peel, cut, wash and put in a plastic seal bag and store in my freezer. It lasts and sure does tastes as good as a fresh one. That how I store old yam. I don't like new yam so I still eat my old yam 'good' when it's new yam season.

There is a lot out there that you don't know about bro!

Okay since you claim to enjoy frozen yam over the ones stored in a cool barn, then put your tomato and pepper in freezer for a month, remove it and cook to enjoy its sweet delicious taste cool

Leave me to be buying my own small small and eating it fresh, we go survive πŸ’ͺ
Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by Lomprico2: 12:05pm On Jan 31
SeeWahala:

Okay since you claim to enjoy frozen yam over the ones stored in a cool barn, then put your tomato and pepper in freezer for a month, remove it and cook to enjoy its sweet delicious taste cool

Leave me to be buying my own small small and eating it fresh, we go survive πŸ’ͺ

We go all survive.
Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by placeofallure(f): 12:05pm On Jan 31
This is way way cheaper compared to the tomatoes I bought in the market over the weekend. I was almost crying.
Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by Joy2dworldxyz: 12:16pm On Jan 31
Nice2023:

I am not an aunty...I am a man.

Those village people don't even know where I leave so,let them keep being angry.

How does that concern me.

Anyone who gets angry at u because of food must be an idiot,no apology.

Me just surprised how someone is talking trash because of something that doesn't concern him. It's ok man..... U na senior man tho.
Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by Rickmann: 12:21pm On Jan 31
Kobojunkie:
Storyland! Frozen vegetables options you buy at the stores are what? Rubber? undecided

Are meat, fish , chicken or turkey vegetables?
Even these frozen foods lose their nutritional value after long period of freezing.
Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by Blakjewelry(m): 12:22pm On Jan 31
Nice2023:

U nailed it.
I dm you, please reply.
Re: See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. by Tonididdyx: 12:27pm On Jan 31
If refrigerator is always running.... Why not

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Is Your Preferred Quick Meal? (picture) / Lady Buys Fake Palm Oil In Abuja, Shares Photos / The African Civet Killed By A Man In Nnewi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.