Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House (16991 Views)

Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. / Man In Suit Climbs Moving Tanker Steps As Means Of Transportation (Video) / Work To Begin On Ishawo, Igbogbo Roads Soon - Sanwo-Olu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by jojothaiv(m): 6:51pm On Feb 01
CockPit:
I live in Ikotun Egbe and work in Lekki. I spend N600 every day on transport.

N300 go and N300 come. I know a short cut that saves on transpot cost.

I nor dey do pass myself.
Short cut from Ikotun Egbe (Alimosho) to Lekki (Island), baba abeg drop the OT na.
Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by Relixy2k: 6:52pm On Feb 01
Absolute no. How many jobs pay even 50k and above where house rent is lower like sango ota, Alagbado, inside inside ikorodu, Alagbole, Mile 12, Badagry, Epe etc. These are areas you stay for lower rent but most jobs there pay less than 50k so people going to ikeja, yaba, surulere, lekki, island etc where most 100k and above jobs are available do so because that is where the meaningful jobs mostly are not for any respect.
CAPTIVATOR:

Hahahaha

Perhaps maybe it's because people in this society respect you more when you are not easily available. Most people do that for the respect .

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by vickgrell(m): 6:57pm On Feb 01
pocohantas:
Zero Naira.

I work from home. Though I spend a lot on data and electricity. It still can't be compared to the wear and tear of daily commute.

To save more money on your data, I sell the cheapest data plans of all times on all networks. WhatsApp me on 08165161761. Thank you.
Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by amedualiyu(m): 6:58pm On Feb 01
I live in Ketu and work in Lekki phase 1. Fuel my car ( corolla ) with 14k weekly and i use AC to and fro.
Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by DenreleDave(m): 7:00pm On Feb 01
talk2hb1:
Mine is 4,500 per day to and fro, Dopemu To Jakande in Lekki.
Fueling Car To and Fro will be 6-7k daily
I tried To Get an apartment around workplace is 1.5million for a room self contain apartment

Liess

Na lies go finish you
Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by DenreleDave(m): 7:02pm On Feb 01
macklef:

Wow!!! 4500 daily? 7k daily? Mehn how are u guys still breathing? Like how much do u earn?

Don't believe everything u read. He is lying
Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by oranget(m): 7:09pm On Feb 01
Hardeywale05:
My to and fro is 2500 and I'm a corp member. I'm serving in lekki
That's more than the monthly Alawee if you calculate it. I hope the company is paying handsomely sha.
Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by deavicky(m): 7:14pm On Feb 01
E be lie the hardship in Lagos is second to none.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by Nazgul: 7:15pm On Feb 01
tuoyoojo:
U guys in lagos are enjoying o...buying fuel at 605, for abuja na 660.
Some places even sell less than 605, I bought 601 at one fueling station around ikeja last 2 weeks.

tuoyoojo:
Some people stay far away from their place of work so i understand where this guy is coming from.

My daily commute to and fro is about over 50kms. My muscle 2010 with fuel consumption at 9.3L/ 100km , thats close to 7k daily that if I nor branch go somewhere. Minus weekend waka and church during weekends and sunday

Truly, I get OCD with fuel sha i nor go lie. I don't let it get lower than full tank. So every time I go out, I must buy fuel so the pointer would be above full.

After I buy the fuel the fuel consumption on the dash board would show 5.1L/ 100km initially but with driving in traffic it would increase to 9.2 or 9.3L/100km
Covering a distance of over 50km on a daily basis is on the high side. Even people who live at ikorodu and shuttle the island don't cover such distance in a day. Lagos is small anyways.

I still don't get it. If you're spending 7k daily on fueling based on covering over 100km per 9 liters, you'll be exhausting over a 100k per month to refuel your car... that's extremely high.

For me, I just fill the tank, then use it until the pointer gets to "E". That way I'll be able to calculate how many days/weeks it was able to carry me...It would also help me know if the car is consuming too much fuel.

Cos once I refill, I can easily give an estimate as to when I'll by fuel next. If you keep on topping your tank so that the pointer can constantly remain of "F" believe me, you won't have an estimate of how long a filled tank should carry you. And you'll discover that you're spending more money on fuel, because fueling station attendants would keep ripping you off.

Let me explain...from that pic you posted, I can bet that if you drive into a fueling station now and buy a topup of 7k that pointer wouldn't move an inch. It would be as if you didn't even buy fuel. So your 7k is gone. Most of these rouge attendants throw a quick glance on your pointer before selling you fuel, so as to know how to cheat you. Some if you've already switched off your engine, they'll say, oga move front small, that's just to get you to turn on your ignition so they can have a quick glance at your fuel pointer. Once they see it's on F or almost F, they'll configure their machine to sell insufficient fuel for you. And if you notice and complain, they'll tell you that it's because the pointer is already on F, so topping it wouldn't show much.

I used to top up like you do back then. But I discovered that sometimes, whenever I topup, the pointer wouldn't even move. When I noticed this, I started buying full tank, then use it until it reaches E before refueling again. And to be honest, I've been spending less on fuel every month.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by creepsyme(f): 7:19pm On Feb 01
Raydave:
Someone is earning 150k, wearing suit and going to work from Ketu to VI every morning.

Is that life?
I had to move close to my office.
15 minutes walk.
Tired of spending transport to work.
Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by OVB123: 7:19pm On Feb 01
Darkandhandsom:
Abuja is worse.. Transportation and amount i spend every day ehn...
Have you try Benin city? that place is a no go area for now.
Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by IyaTola: 7:19pm On Feb 01
CAPTIVATOR:

Your car dey chop Fuel o, is the distance that much from home to work?
Alimosho to Lekki
Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by ObiaboAdoka(m): 7:20pm On Feb 01
Mine is 12k every month while salary is 16.5k.
Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by IyaTola: 7:20pm On Feb 01
talk2hb1:

Lekki kuku ni Ooo
if you are married I pity your wife. You life expectancy has dropped.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by Emperor5(m): 7:27pm On Feb 01
It seems is only Lagos residents dominate this thread

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by Didi2d(m): 7:33pm On Feb 01
This is why I like staying close to work place. Na bike dey chop my money.

Even with that sef, my company get staff bus, I trek to work in the morning then follow staff bus come back.

The wahala here na high cost of food stuff, rent and school fee
Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by Juniorangel(m): 7:37pm On Feb 01
Raydave:
Someone is earning 150k, wearing suit and going to work from Ketu to VI every morning.

Is that life?

Oga not everyone lives in Lagos, what is the meaning of VI to Ketu abi wetin you write there?
Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by ford101: 7:38pm On Feb 01
theceo1602:
I spend #3,100 daily(to and fro). Abuja.
from we're to we're in abuja please. Cos I no abuja people don't pay much in transport. Even if its uber that you use,u are still cheating the driver. From mararaba to begger should be 400 for coster bus and private car highest 600.so tell me.
Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by Juniorangel(m): 7:45pm On Feb 01
See as one man just dey make everybody complain, and they can't do anything about it but to adjust even when the have the power to stop their suffering... But no they prefer to suffer for no just cause.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by OVB123: 7:46pm On Feb 01
iLoveYouToo:

It’s crazy . It’s Lagos and Abuja peops that feel it more
Have you been to benin city of recent?

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by ford101: 7:47pm On Feb 01
DamiAyo17:
My tfare is 900 to and fro(Abuja)..and my salary is 30k monthly...my oga keeps saying he will increase it since last year...but d man hasn't..

It's just better than staying at home and doing nothing....Na God hand we dey
from which side of abuja to town do you move.
Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by Yorubafonja: 7:48pm On Feb 01
Raydave:

Is that life?
.my my desktop to my room is free
Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by Worksunlimited: 7:48pm On Feb 01
Raydave:

Is that life?

By the time dey deduct tax your 150k be looking like 135k
Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by dinero101(m): 7:49pm On Feb 01
westlius:

NLC guy is really a big clown
They can't pay 35k wages commission
Na 400k they will pay?
so you're comfortable with the norm even though it's wrong? Na people like you no get hope for use to grow... Time is coming when the wheat would be separated from the chaff

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by GiftAbia1: 8:01pm On Feb 01
Omo I have read through people comment and I just envy myself. My TFare to and fro is supposed to be #600
daily but I transport #300 and trek the remaining short distance just to reduce cost for other expenses. my current pay is slightly above #120k and work 2wks onsite and 2wks remote. Presently I have a job offer tha pays #150k+ depending on performance but it's strictly onsite,5days a wk unlike my current job that's 6days. when I calculated the tfare it's 30k current transport cost I'm thinking wether to decline the offer bu the advantages of the new job is less work stress when compared to current work. My fear if I eventually decline is T.P cost bc of it's fluctuating nature in Nigeria.

This topic is very good as one needs to constantly examine himself and know if he is earning to spend with little or no savings.
Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by Ibtxxo: 8:01pm On Feb 01
Aplaudez:

Ketu to tradefair, I spend 2k+ daily, my salary is not even up to 100k cry but there's no choice as I can't steal or involve in Internet fraud.

Please if you can help me with a better job within lagos, I'd really appreciate you, I have HND in Computer science and i adapt keenly with any working condition.

Regards.
How old are you
Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by ford101: 8:02pm On Feb 01
tuoyoojo:

U guys in lagos are enjoying o...buying fuel at 605, for abuja na 660.

Some people stay far away from their place of work so i understand where this guy is coming from it's like you live in keffi. Even from abuja international airport to inside abuja isn't up to 50km.

My daily commute to and fro is about over 50kms. My muscle 2010 with fuel consumption at 9.3L/ 100km , thats close to 7k daily that if I nor branch go somewhere. Minus weekend waka and church during weekends and sunday

Truly, I get OCD with fuel sha i nor go lie. I don't let it get lower than full tank. So every time I go out, I must buy fuel so the pointer would be above full.

After I buy the fuel the fuel consumption on the dash board would show 5.1L/ 100km initially but with driving in traffic it would increase to 9.2 or 9.3L/100km
Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by ugwum007(m): 8:02pm On Feb 01
Before Tinubu, my transport for a month was pegged at 12k now it is now 30k.

My official salary is really feeling the heat.
Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by jay89(m): 8:08pm On Feb 01
500Naira to 600 Naira
Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by CockPit: 8:15pm On Feb 01
jojothaiv:

Short cut from Ikotun Egbe (Alimosho) to Lekki (Island), baba abeg drop the OT na.

I am a full card-carrying member of APC and I get a huge discount anytime I show korope drivers my APC card. Sometimes, I carry APC broom to work. I have saved a lot on transport and you can try it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Japan To Invest $1bn In Lagos Monorail Project.. / What Happen At US Port Of Entry / Ibomair To Welcome 2 New Aircrafts By March 2021 - Governor Udom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.