Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,913 members, 7,835,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House (17155 Views)

Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. / Man In Suit Climbs Moving Tanker Steps As Means Of Transportation (Video) / Work To Begin On Ishawo, Igbogbo Roads Soon - Sanwo-Olu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by Hardeywale05(m): 9:44am On Feb 02
kernniejay:
Then why not look for another PPA that will not be costing you so much on transport, or is that the only company that does what you studied in school? It is well sha.
Not really, I was looking for telecommunications or IT company and that was the only company that accepted me. I studied Electrical/Electronics Engineering.
Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by prepresh(f): 10:38am On Feb 02
Me, nothing or 200 to and fro if I don't want to trek
Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by DamiAyo17(f): 11:41am On Feb 02
ford101:
from which side of abuja to town do you move.

Byhazin to FCDA
Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by Nazgul: 12:11pm On Feb 02
Treadway:
why you no come factor in Lagos traffic for this your calculation.....lol
The rule of the thumb is that you switch off your engine on any standstill that exceeds 60 seconds. That way you'll be able to preserve your precious fuel.
Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by fadaroking: 12:12pm On Feb 02
3 minutes by leg, 1 minute if i drive, 100 if i wan use keke or bike
Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by Treadway: 12:24pm On Feb 02
Nazgul:

The rule of the thumb is that you switch off your engine on any standstill that exceeds 60 seconds. That way you'll be able to preserve your precious fuel.
I don't think you have experienced Lagos traffic. If you have you would understand why that rule is ineffective. First of, all the cars for road go chance you for front finish the whole time while you're busy starting the car and putting it in gear. Also, God help you and your car battery is not 100, maybe when your battery runs down from repeated cranks starting and switching off you'd know the feeling..lol
Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by sexymonkey(m): 12:27pm On Feb 02
talk2hb1:
Mine is 4,500 per day to and fro, Dopemu To Jakande in Lekki.
Fueling Car To and Fro will be 6-7k daily
I tried To Get an apartment around workplace is 1.5million for a room self contain apartment
calculate how much you spend on transportation for the whole year and add to your present rent and see say 1.5 no too much

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by Nazgul: 12:45pm On Feb 02
Treadway:
I don't think you have experienced Lagos traffic. If you have you would understand why that rule is ineffective. First of, all the cars for road go chance you for front finish the whole time while you're busy starting the car and putting it in gear. Also, God help you and your car battery is not 100, maybe when your battery runs down from repeated cranks starting and switching off you'd know the feeling..lol
Lol...I live in Lagos and I said standstill not go slow where vehicles would keep moving but slowly.

You should note that in Lagos, standstill occurs mostly where there's a traffic light, or when the road is totally blocked. If you're an experienced driver, no matter how long the line is you should be able to see the first 3 cars ahead of you, so once their break lights go off, you switch on your engine...it's as easy as that.

Unless you're driving a danfo, a jalopy or a car that over heats unnecessarily, I don't see why it shouldn't start at first attempt.

If you're conversant with that Yaba tech/Waec road some years back. The right hand side of that road used to flood unnecessarily even during dry season causing serious traffic. Most times whenever I'm driving through there at night, that's what I do, I just switch off my engine cos it's usually a standstill. Then I'll keep monitoring the break lights of cars ahead of me, once they go off, I'll switch on my engine and move.
Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by talk2hb1(m): 12:48pm On Feb 02
sexymonkey:
calculate how much you spend on transportation for the whole year and add to your present rent and see say 1.5 no too much
I know, taking drastic measures to situate work around mainland where rent is more accommodating
Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by sexymonkey(m): 2:45pm On Feb 02
talk2hb1:

I know, taking drastic measures to situate work around mainland where rent is more accommodating
alright 👌
Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by AntiChristian: 4:35pm On Feb 02
Free2Fly:

Why would you spend anything when you receive all your needs from al janana just by shouting "allahu akbar"?

Allah create many with sense and some with low IQ/comprehension!

May Allah grant you sense!
Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by Rinoxy: 4:40pm On Feb 02
folake4u:

That's cool. kiss
Yeah.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by Rinoxy: 6:15pm On Feb 02
Worksunlimited:

By the time dey deduct tax your 150k be looking like 135k
I think what he meant is N150k take home after deductions.
Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by Rinoxy: 6:16pm On Feb 02
GiftAbia1:

Omo I have read through people comment and I just envy myself. My TFare to and fro is supposed to be #600
daily but I transport #300 and trek the remaining short distance just to reduce cost for other expenses. my current pay is slightly above #120k and work 2wks onsite and 2wks remote. Presently I have a job offer tha pays #150k+ depending on performance but it's strictly onsite,5days a wk unlike my current job that's 6days. when I calculated the tfare it's 30k current transport cost I'm thinking wether to decline the offer bu the advantages of the new job is less work stress when compared to current work. My fear if I eventually decline is T.P cost bc of it's fluctuating nature in Nigeria.

This topic is very good as one needs to constantly examine himself and know if he is earning to spend with little or no savings.
I spend 100 daily to and from work on a salary of N195k.
Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by jojothaiv(m): 8:41pm On Feb 02
CockPit:

I am a full card-carrying member of APC and I get a huge discount anytime I show korope drivers my APC card. Sometimes, I carry APC broom to work. I have saved a lot on transport and you can try it.

Oops.

Best of luck then.
Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by MikaelDare(m): 11:30am On Feb 12
Almost #2k daily from Kuje to Garki 2/Central Area.
It's well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Air Peace, Emirates, Turkish Airlines To Launch Flights From Port Harcourt / How God Saved My Life On Saturday / Introduction - The diary of one of many tired Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.