Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,510 members, 7,830,522 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House (17123 Views)

Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. / Man In Suit Climbs Moving Tanker Steps As Means Of Transportation (Video) / Work To Begin On Ishawo, Igbogbo Roads Soon - Sanwo-Olu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by nkemjacob2(m): 8:30pm On Feb 01
Baning of okada in edo state has made transportation difficult for small hold farmers.
Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by nkemjacob2(m): 8:32pm On Feb 01
A RENEWED HOPE AGENDA
Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by Hinokami: 8:33pm On Feb 01
Please is it advisable to be shuttling Ikorodu to CMS Marina thrice a week.

I am new in lagos and rent prices are irritating me. The only succor I've found so far is ikorodu as the houses are spacious and cheaper.

Note I am not mobile yet. So I plan on using public transport.
Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by Danboy43: 8:43pm On Feb 01
I spent to and fro #800 to #900 daily anyhow man must survive
Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by kernniejay(m): 8:52pm On Feb 01
Hardeywale05:
My to and fro is 2500 and I'm a corp member. I'm serving in lekki
I want to believe you are serving in Chevron or one of these top paying companies?
Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by Atarakpa: 8:58pm On Feb 01
talk2hb1:
Mine is 4,500 per day to and fro, Dopemu To Jakande in Lekki.
Fueling Car To and Fro will be 6-7k daily
I tried To Get an apartment around workplace is 1.5million for a room self contain apartment
my brother we face same thing. Me from Dopemu to ikate Monday to Saturday.
Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by olumide123456(m): 9:00pm On Feb 01
[it risky for long distance journey man selling close to me at idumagbo died on his bicycle on his way home yesterday hit by truck..not easy in this country atallquote author=Reelmii post=128237581] cheesy..if i were in Nigeria...na bicycle i go dey use mostly..

I know of a guy then wey dey work for UBA at marina..
Na bicycle the guy dey ride go work,, grin..that time things never hard like this sef and we dey larf am then..

Now bicycle should be the new limousine in Nigeria grin[/quote]
Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by icankel: 9:25pm On Feb 01
I spend 2k daily for transport
Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by Theophinio(m): 9:41pm On Feb 01
Edocure:
I spend about 2k from my house to gigl office to make deliveries to my customers.
From sapele road bye pass to ramat park.

For permanet cure for weak erection, quick ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, Watery and low Sperm Count and improvement of your girth reach me on WhatsApp with the number on my signature.

If after one week you do not get your desired result you are free to report my bank account for fraud and post my details online and call me out on nairaland.

Its 100 percent herbal and 90 percent bitter kola made without any side effects

I can't advice a business man to rent an apartment in sapele road, not to talk of bypass. The cost of to and fro will likely make it difficult to accumulate good profit in your business

Those areas are for fraud guys that doesn't come to town daily to transact business

Uwa, dumuz road, etete is better if you must live around sapele road

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by RIDOO: 9:46pm On Feb 01
Myrepublic:
Most people are just surviving. Some people earn less,and debt wan kill them.. All thanks to the rising cost of living on daily bscs

When everybody don see better shege,they will stand up to tell government enough is enough.

Let them keep suffering. They will wake up someday and government will listen to them..

People that can't pay 30k for minimum wage,I heard NLC wan ask them for 400k.. That NLC president is a clown grin

All of them are acting drama...shior!
Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by CAPTIVATOR: 10:02pm On Feb 01
Relixy2k:
Absolute no. How many jobs pay even 50k and above where house rent is lower like sango ota, Alagbado, inside inside ikorodu, Alagbole, Mile 12, Badagry, Epe etc. These are areas you stay for lower rent but most jobs there pay less than 50k so people going to ikeja, yaba, surulere, lekki, island etc where most 100k and above jobs are available do so because that is where the meaningful jobs mostly are not for any respect.

Good point
Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by Hardeywale05(m): 10:20pm On Feb 01
kernniejay:
I want to believe you are serving in Chevron or one of these top paying companies?
Lol, I'm serving in a small company and the stipend is 25K. Which Top company even accepts corper? Getting small company for PPA is even very difficult aside real estate companies. It's just very hard
Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by Hardeywale05(m): 10:23pm On Feb 01
oranget:

That's more than the monthly Alawee if you calculate it. I hope the company is paying handsomely sha.
Yes, it is. The Government is yet to pay for this month and the company only pays 25K. The average pay for corp member in island is 40/50K. It's not easy
Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by Hardeywale05(m): 10:26pm On Feb 01
Yinkus057:

This is disastrous as u will be spending close to 50k on transportation and ur allowee is just 33k. Omo the country just hard
Very hard
Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by icankel: 10:35pm On Feb 01
DamiAyo17:
My tfare is 900 to and fro(Abuja)..and my salary is 30k monthly...my oga keeps saying he will increase it since last year...but d man hasn't..

It's just better than staying at home and doing nothing....Na God hand we dey
no be only God hand u de na iberibe hand u de. Ur transport is above 24k per month while u earn 30k per month as u said
Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by Starhearts: 10:54pm On Feb 01
Raydave:

It shows from your words that you are being fed at home, anyway I've no dialogue with your caliber

See olodo of d universe?
Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by actrinity(m): 1:12am On Feb 02
Raydave:
Someone is earning 150k, wearing suit and going to work from Ketu to VI every morning.

Is that life?
Mine is 1,800 daily, lunch or water not included ooo. Nigerians are suffering.
When Obj was president, it was 100 to and fro.
Goodluck came, it was 200 naira.
Buhari came, it became 600 naira.
Tinubu entered and it is now 1,800.
Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by kernniejay(m): 2:19am On Feb 02
Hardeywale05:

Lol, I'm serving in a small company and the stipend is 25K. Which Top company even accepts corper? Getting small company for PPA is even very difficult aside real estate companies. It's just very hard
Then why not look for another PPA that will not be costing you so much on transport, or is that the only company that does what you studied in school? It is well sha.
Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by Anunakeeh: 2:45am On Feb 02
Raydave:
Someone is earning 150k, wearing suit and going to work from Ketu to VI every morning.

Is that life?

That person life and generation is finished financially.
Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by Anunakeeh: 2:47am On Feb 02
dangoteinlaw:
I realize that Nigerians enjoy the stress of spending money and making bus drivers richer because they like to be greeted morning and evening when returning from work. They will rather do a 100k work 3km far away than an 80k half kilometer.

grin grin grin

You sabi stupid Lagos people well.

Millions of them have been waking up and going out by 4:00 am and return by 10:00pm in the night yet nothing to show for it.

They just want to show their fellow gossiping foolish iidiots that they are imaginary responsible lol.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by Anunakeeh: 2:54am On Feb 02
Aplaudez:

Ketu to tradefair, I spend 2k+ daily, my salary is not even up to 100k cry but there's no choice as I can't steal or involve in Internet fraud.

Please if you can help me with a better job within lagos, I'd really appreciate you, I have HND in Computer science and i adapt keenly with any working condition.

Regards.

Except you get a job where there is massive runs, Government job or engage in business.

There are very few jobs out there which will make you stay afloat these days.

The Capitalists are here to roast you dry on their grillersgrin
Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by Anunakeeh: 2:57am On Feb 02
Myrepublic:
Most people are just surviving. Some people earn less,and debt wan kill them.. All thanks to the rising cost of living on daily bscs

When everybody don see better shege,they will stand up to tell government enough is enough.

Let them keep suffering. They will wake up someday and government will listen to them..

People that can't pay 30k for minimum wage,I heard NLC wan ask them for 400k.. That NLC president is a clowngrin

Thank you jeregrin
Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by stacyadams: 3:29am On Feb 02
Anunakeeh:

Except you get a job where there is massive runs, Government job or engage in business.

There are very few jobs out there which will make you stay afloat these days. The Capitalists are here to roast you dry on their grillersgrin

grin grin I go retrieve my sim from one network based on say no be me register am and my face no dey the system,I don Waka for plenty network centers all of them say "it can't be done" and me no wan give up based on say anything is possible for naija I no wan give up luck shine on me I go visit one..I just tell security my problem,he tell me "it can be done" grin no worry boss I go sort u..baba refer me to the right source..I meet the right source.baba do me interview,come give me him billing grin based on say I need my sim,i sharparly comply...at some point him come dey reason y I dey serious about the sim grin...true true baba deliver o grin ..I dey there other clients dey cone sef grin I just smile baba no even need touch him salary grin side kick ehn..I just begin envy him work sef grin

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by Anunakeeh: 3:36am On Feb 02
stacyadams:

grin grin I go retrieve my sim from one network based on say no be me register am and my face no dey the s

grin grin grin

The thing dey risk oo. Them fit obtain you for some outlets.
Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by Free2Fly: 3:58am On Feb 02
AntiChristian:
Zero cost!

Why would you spend anything when you receive all your needs from al janana just by shouting "allahu akbar"?
Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by Free2Fly: 4:18am On Feb 02
Godsonkemz:
Nigeria is the capital city of poverty and hell.
Imagine a bag of mango rice that I refused to buy at 60k three days ago because it was above my budget is now selling at 65k which is above a soldier's salary.

What's mango rice? It's just like saying sheep goat, lexus benz, chicken beef, etc.

Una dey like invent strange names for Nigeria.
Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by Kaybeth(f): 4:58am On Feb 02
We're just suffering and smiling

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by Ayodele1987(m): 7:54am On Feb 02
#1,600
Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by Incrediblekutty(m): 8:50am On Feb 02
My energy
Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by Treadway: 9:00am On Feb 02
Nazgul:

If you're spending 52k to fuel your car every week, it means that one kazeem (road side mechanic) has stolen your catalyst. Better take that car to a mechanic to get another one so as to reduce your fuel consumption.

You should not be spending more than 45k per month (not per week) on fuel. Let me use the Lexus RX350 2010 to explain. It's fuel tank is 65 liters. And with a full tank, it can cover up to 630 kilometers.

So if you buy fuel at 605 per liter X 65 liters = about 40k.

If the distance from your house to your place of work is 15km, it means you'll be covering a distance of 30km per day.

630km รท 30km would give you 21. Meaning you should be able to cover 30k for 21 days. If you remove weekends you'll see that a full tank should be enough for you for one month.

And mind you I'm using a V6 engine to calculate this. It would be much lesser if it's a 4 plug engine.

Also, try to avoid buying your fuel in bits, today you buy 10k, tomorrow 5k, next tomorrow 8k...if you buy fuel that way you'll be cheated cos the attendant would just be selling you air instead of fuel.

Just wait until your fuel gauge drops to "E" then fill your tank to the brim. When I was using my former car (muscle) a filled tank can carry me the whole month. Cos where I stay to VI was less than 15km.
why you no come factor in Lagos traffic for this your calculation.....lol
Re: What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House by Hardeywale05(m): 9:39am On Feb 02

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FERMA Commences Construction On Abuja-Keffi Road Unannounced, Many Stranded / Itunnu Babalola: FG Demands Autopsy Of Nigerian Who Died In Ivorian Custody / Why Are Alcoholic Drinks Allowed To Be Sold At Motor-Parks, Bus Stops, Etc?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.