Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,988 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:02 AM

My Salary Not Enough For My Transport Fare - Nigerian Soldier Cries Out (Video) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Salary Not Enough For My Transport Fare - Nigerian Soldier Cries Out (Video) (20772 Views)

I Finished My Salary Before 24hrs (picture) / Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary / The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Salary Not Enough For My Transport Fare - Nigerian Soldier Cries Out (Video) by Newsmic: 6:56am On Feb 01

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EUrGGbtiHs?si=eWZHc-svwW6KG94y

A Nigerian soldier who was given a pass by the Nigerian Army to see his family after he had worked for one year in Maiduguri got to the park to discover that his transport fare is N35k. He said he can't afford the journey because he was paid N50k as salary for the month which won't be enough for a to-and-fro journey of 70k.

35 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Salary Not Enough For My Transport Fare - Nigerian Soldier Cries Out (Video) by Cassandraloius: 8:01am On Feb 01
Chai! What a pity! What a country! This is really disheartening. Sorry sir.

149 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Salary Not Enough For My Transport Fare - Nigerian Soldier Cries Out (Video) by FalseProphet1(m): 9:28am On Feb 01
I see the military authorities arresting that young soldier, I see him spending ample time in detention, I see him leaving the military.

This I have seen.

199 Likes 14 Shares

Re: My Salary Not Enough For My Transport Fare - Nigerian Soldier Cries Out (Video) by Nazgul: 9:28am On Feb 01
Jonathan's government wasn't as bad as this, yet thousands hit the streets to protest thus forcing the government to reverse subsidy removal.

Today some people's salaries isn't even enough to transport them to work for 30 working days, yet they prefer to suffer in silence. Even our Police officers who wouldn't hesitate to teargas protests are even worse. Most of them can't even boast of 20k lying idle in their account.

As long as we remain silent, things would continue to get worse, the only language this government understands is violence. ASUU understood this that's why they were able to even get some of their demands met as compared to other federal government parastatls.

131 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Salary Not Enough For My Transport Fare - Nigerian Soldier Cries Out (Video) by Arobaga: 9:28am On Feb 01
Cassandraloius:

I have zero pity for any Nigerian soldier

Even with their low salary they’ll still obey the order to shoot any one protesting for their salary increase

Police did it last year

These same army officers were the ones Tinubu ordered to shot ENDSARS protesters at Lekki tollgate

They should all have a taste of their own medicine

150 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Salary Not Enough For My Transport Fare - Nigerian Soldier Cries Out (Video) by Arobaga: 9:29am On Feb 01
Army people when suffer tire una

Una go do the needful like your neighboring African countries

Abacha regime no even hard like this

120 Likes 13 Shares

Re: My Salary Not Enough For My Transport Fare - Nigerian Soldier Cries Out (Video) by Yugoslavia247(m): 9:29am On Feb 01
Ironically, the gun is worth more than 300k.

His life was rented by the govt in return of 50k monthly till he dies or retires.

He will spend his life being controlled by others as much as he is a soldier.

Abeg his wife be somewhere going through alot. No wonder Soldier wife cheat easily when the hardship is high. They are sex starved

I don't pray my sister marries a soldier

No gain except they loot which affects them and continues the cycle

73 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Salary Not Enough For My Transport Fare - Nigerian Soldier Cries Out (Video) by AOB1: 9:29am On Feb 01
He is actually saying the truth, what is the offence of our soldiers?

Have they did anything wrong to deserve this humiliation from the government?

Is it wrong to fight for your country knowing fully well that you may die at any time because war against terrorist in Nigeria is 50/50 it's either you kill the enemy or the enemy kill you

Nothing is done about their welfare in other to boost their morale in war fronts, go into any military barracks and you will find out that our soldiers are poor

If the lawmakers can be enjoying this country with their selfish and wicked attitude I don't see why our soldier will be suffering

It is the government that makes our soldiers to be poor and not the higher ranks officers in the military, because if the president and the lawmakers have the interest our of our in mind it's take them nothing to implement a good salary structure and allowances for them

It's only God that will save this country because if your military morale is low then don't expect any good outcome from them

For those of us that think soldiers are wicked, I just want you to know that an hungry man is an angry man they also have family that are looking up to them so they deserve to enjoy the wealth of this country even more than the lawmakers because its not easy to live a 50/50 life from when you join the military till when you retire

The government should do something about it before it get worse because from now on you will see more videos of soldiers talking about their welfare

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Salary Not Enough For My Transport Fare - Nigerian Soldier Cries Out (Video) by heykims(m): 9:29am On Feb 01
Modified
Comment brought down

3 Likes

Re: My Salary Not Enough For My Transport Fare - Nigerian Soldier Cries Out (Video) by tnerro1(m): 9:29am On Feb 01
Nothing Musa no go see for gate in this Nigeria
Re: My Salary Not Enough For My Transport Fare - Nigerian Soldier Cries Out (Video) by missionmex(m): 9:29am On Feb 01
Election has consequences

14 Likes

Re: My Salary Not Enough For My Transport Fare - Nigerian Soldier Cries Out (Video) by Adamux: 9:30am On Feb 01
tnerro1:
Nothing Musa no go see for gate in this Nigeria
Why did you mention my name?

1 Like

Re: My Salary Not Enough For My Transport Fare - Nigerian Soldier Cries Out (Video) by Omobude244: 9:30am On Feb 01

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Salary Not Enough For My Transport Fare - Nigerian Soldier Cries Out (Video) by ZUKKYY(m): 9:30am On Feb 01
That is bad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Salary Not Enough For My Transport Fare - Nigerian Soldier Cries Out (Video) by Emman08: 9:30am On Feb 01
When suffer tire una. You'll know what to do

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Salary Not Enough For My Transport Fare - Nigerian Soldier Cries Out (Video) by ZUKKYY(m): 9:30am On Feb 01
Re: My Salary Not Enough For My Transport Fare - Nigerian Soldier Cries Out (Video) by geoworldedu: 9:30am On Feb 01
And to think that many people are trying hard to get into this army eehn, yet only to receive peanuts at the end of the day. It's the same way many are seeking admission into the university with passion, only to come out and remain unemployed or get outrageously underpaid.
grin cheesy

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Salary Not Enough For My Transport Fare - Nigerian Soldier Cries Out (Video) by AJSfan: 9:30am On Feb 01
Much more than increasing the salary, the entire salary scale should be reviewed. The inequality is just too much. If the salary is doubled, then that of Major Generals which is in millions will be doubled too,which isn't right. Instead the focus should be on removing that wide gap in the salary structure

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Salary Not Enough For My Transport Fare - Nigerian Soldier Cries Out (Video) by Procashtips(m): 9:30am On Feb 01
Is the suffering not enough?

1 Like

Re: My Salary Not Enough For My Transport Fare - Nigerian Soldier Cries Out (Video) by okomile(f): 9:30am On Feb 01
People are trekking from Lagos to Abuja. Trekking is a good exercise

Even if you earn 1million,d money no go do u at this time

Make I go chop agbado for bfast
grin
Re: My Salary Not Enough For My Transport Fare - Nigerian Soldier Cries Out (Video) by Creamypie(m): 9:30am On Feb 01
Going by fayoshe brothers analysis, Your monthly salary can only buy 35 plates of food. So bad. No other responsibilities. Only way out is massive deflation

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Salary Not Enough For My Transport Fare - Nigerian Soldier Cries Out (Video) by Beuberry(f): 9:31am On Feb 01
Saw the video n am sad

3 Likes

Re: My Salary Not Enough For My Transport Fare - Nigerian Soldier Cries Out (Video) by Marvieduke(f): 9:31am On Feb 01
Sorry for him, but this is bad his salary is too low for crying out loud, 50k monthly for someone who put his life at risk for the nation... Oh naija

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Salary Not Enough For My Transport Fare - Nigerian Soldier Cries Out (Video) by lilfreezy: 9:31am On Feb 01
They deserve whatever they are being paid. I have no single sympathy for them. They still the same military backing thieving politicians against the people. Young Nigerians went to protest for a better country at lekki tollgate, but they were used to murder them in cold blood, something they would have benefited from. Everybody should getat and enjoy whatever they see. They should let us know when they are ready for real change

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Salary Not Enough For My Transport Fare - Nigerian Soldier Cries Out (Video) by ceejay80s(m): 9:31am On Feb 01
Good for u, it was U or Ur brothers that shot innocent souls at Lekki toll gate, enjoy Ur suffering

3 Likes

Re: My Salary Not Enough For My Transport Fare - Nigerian Soldier Cries Out (Video) by iwaeda: 9:31am On Feb 01
Newsmic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EUrGGbtiHs?si=eWZHc-svwW6KG94y

Take care of our MILITARY oooo. Already police are forcing people to transfer to POS. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: My Salary Not Enough For My Transport Fare - Nigerian Soldier Cries Out (Video) by illuminutty: 9:32am On Feb 01
Wow!

This number is a Tinder sw!ndler. She is using someone's pictures to collect money for transport without showing up.

Amarachi Steph.

Re: My Salary Not Enough For My Transport Fare - Nigerian Soldier Cries Out (Video) by breathcutter(m): 9:32am On Feb 01
That's the predicament of every worker in Nigeria.

I wish and hope the salary review will be hastened and implemented soonest. The burden of poverty is too much in the country.

Not saying salary review will fix anything, but it will bring some sort of relief.

If you're not in street, you won't know the agony and plight of the average Nigerian.
Re: My Salary Not Enough For My Transport Fare - Nigerian Soldier Cries Out (Video) by YINKS89(m): 9:32am On Feb 01
You know what to do now

2 Likes

Re: My Salary Not Enough For My Transport Fare - Nigerian Soldier Cries Out (Video) by tiswell(m): 9:32am On Feb 01
Complaints like this are not necessary from a soja.

U knew fro day 1 what you were getting into.

So rest fa!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Salary Not Enough For My Transport Fare - Nigerian Soldier Cries Out (Video) by seguno2: 9:32am On Feb 01
Cassandraloius:

This is what 200 million of us Nigerians have done to our country.
So sad. So pathetic.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Salary Not Enough For My Transport Fare - Nigerian Soldier Cries Out (Video) by freeborn02: 9:32am On Feb 01
Freestuffsng, how market? I'm sure you are enjoying the full benefits of yoruba Muslim presidency now grin grin grin

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test / Bank Employees Got Pay Increase After Subsidy Removal – KPMG / Protest As INTELS Sacks Over 700 Workers Without Benefits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.