Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,955 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

Rumpus In Federal Civil Service Over Permanent Secretaries’ Deployment - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Rumpus In Federal Civil Service Over Permanent Secretaries’ Deployment (11286 Views)

21 Directors Fail Exams To Become Permanent Secretaries / Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? / Unrest In Nigeria Immigration Service Over Promotion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rumpus In Federal Civil Service Over Permanent Secretaries’ Deployment by Islie: 9:40am On Feb 01
• ‘It’s OHoSF’s core duty to post perm secs’

Joshua Oboh

The recent deployment of Federal permanent secretaries has created anger and resentment in the civil service.

It was learnt that the Head of Service of the Federation (HoSF), Dr. Folasade Yemi-Esan, allegedly “tampered” with President Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s approved template for the redeployment of 24 Federal permanent secretaries.

But this could be immediately verified.

A director in the Federal Ministry of Agriculture, who spoke in confidence, claimed that the normal protocol is for the HoSF to submit a deployment proposal to the President for approval before deployments are carried out.

“In this case, even though she submitted a proposal for the deployment to the President, there were some inputs and serious surgical works on the list before it came back to her. But she just did what pleased her apparently to punish some people.

“It was pure impunity and a clear attempt to favour certain cronies and punish some permanent secretaries she doesn’t like and others who seem to constitute a threat to her position,” the director alleged.

The source also claimed that after the President had approved the list for the deployment and redeployment of the permanent secretaries that was widely reported in the media, Yemi-Esan allegedly redeployed some permanent secretaries to ministries they were not initially assigned to and approved.

From the approved list, Dr. Evelyn Nkadi Ngige, who was redeployed from the Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment to the Ministry of Arts, Culture and Creative Economy, was yet to report at her duty post and no one seems to know her current ministry.

It was also learnt that the HoSF had not redeployed Abel Olumuyiwa Enitan from the Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs and Poverty Alleviation to the Political and Economic Affair Office in the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF).

A source privy to the alleged changes in the redeployment list claimed that “Mahmud Mamman, who is the Permanent Secretary in the Federal Ministry of Works, was not listed for redeployment in the original list but was issued a letter by the HoSF to take over from Yakubu Adam Kofarmata in the Federal Ministry of Power even when Kofarmata was redeployed from Federal Civil Service Commission (FCSC) to Power in line with the approved list”.

Also, James Sule, who was in the President’s approved list from the Federal Ministry of Innovation, Science and Technology, was redeployed to Humanitarian and Poverty Alleviation.

But contrary to the President’s approval, he was redeployed to the Federal Ministry of Arts, Culture and Creative Economy.

Reacting to the allegations last night, the Office of the Head of Civil Service of the Federation (OHCSF) has said it is the core duty of the service to post permanent secretaries across the Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs).

The Director of Communications in the OHCSF, M. A. Ahmed, stated this in response to the claim by the Joint Unions Action Committee (JUAC) of Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) that the Head of Service of the Federation (HoSF), Dr. Folasade Yemi-Esan, does not have the power to appoint a permanent secretary for the FCT.

He said: “All permanent secretaries so far have accepted their postings. It is the duty of the HoS to assign them to various MDAs. Any permanent secretary who refuses posting for any reason will be dealt with according to the civil service rule.”

The HoSF did not respond last night to the statement by FCTA’s JUAC on whether or not the service has the power to assign permanent secretaries for the FCT.

https://thenationonlineng.net/rumpus-in-federal-civil-service-over-permanent-secretaries-deployment/

1 Like

Re: Rumpus In Federal Civil Service Over Permanent Secretaries’ Deployment by Marvieduke(f): 9:46am On Feb 01
Why is folashade behaving like this? There was a original template to deploy this people and you tampered with it, this shows some callous attitude from her....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rumpus In Federal Civil Service Over Permanent Secretaries’ Deployment by ozo13(m): 9:48am On Feb 01
Perm secretary of ministries are the ones playing the huruhuru cards for ministers.I hope there will be sanity soon in the civil service

10 Likes

Re: Rumpus In Federal Civil Service Over Permanent Secretaries’ Deployment by NwaAmaikpe: 9:48am On Feb 01
shocked

Where has this tune the fiddle is playing come from? I do not know if this is journalism or a brown envelop showcase.

Till I understand which it is, I rebuke every iota of rumpus this report wishes to cause in me.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rumpus In Federal Civil Service Over Permanent Secretaries’ Deployment by AMAUCHESKY(m): 9:49am On Feb 01
9ja smile
bad addiction is a distraction to your direction in life.. let me help you out via my signature
Re: Rumpus In Federal Civil Service Over Permanent Secretaries’ Deployment by Femmyfamous4u(m): 9:49am On Feb 01
All these Fulanis should know it's not business as usual.

6 Likes

Re: Rumpus In Federal Civil Service Over Permanent Secretaries’ Deployment by 2mch(m): 9:50am On Feb 01
Sack this Yemi Esan please. Why is she doing what is different from what was asked of her? These people are extremely crazy. How do you play with your job like this?
Re: Rumpus In Federal Civil Service Over Permanent Secretaries’ Deployment by Goodlady(f): 9:50am On Feb 01
Lawlessness, disorganization, impunity and any thing that creates backward economy thrives in Nigeria.
I miss road come this country. I should v been a Russian. At least Putin ll do me better even though he's evil.

Re: Rumpus In Federal Civil Service Over Permanent Secretaries’ Deployment by tiswell(m): 9:52am On Feb 01
Let me laugh 😂🤣😂 at the tribal bigots that taught they will teach their fellow citizens a lesson during the elections

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rumpus In Federal Civil Service Over Permanent Secretaries’ Deployment by Starships4u(m): 9:53am On Feb 01
Na uhna know....
I'm expecting my own perm sec appointment too.

Goodlady:
Lawlessness, disorganization, impunity and any thing that creates backward economy thrives in Nigeria.
I miss road come this country. I should v been a Russian. At least Putin ll do me better even though he's evil.

Why's yhur pics up there?

1 Like

Re: Rumpus In Federal Civil Service Over Permanent Secretaries’ Deployment by Orathird: 9:54am On Feb 01
Nawaoh
Re: Rumpus In Federal Civil Service Over Permanent Secretaries’ Deployment by atiku4President(m): 9:55am On Feb 01
Okay
Re: Rumpus In Federal Civil Service Over Permanent Secretaries’ Deployment by BScity: 9:55am On Feb 01
Not bad
Re: Rumpus In Federal Civil Service Over Permanent Secretaries’ Deployment by sacajawea: 9:56am On Feb 01
Rumpus!
Re: Rumpus In Federal Civil Service Over Permanent Secretaries’ Deployment by money121(m): 9:56am On Feb 01
Ok
Re: Rumpus In Federal Civil Service Over Permanent Secretaries’ Deployment by Goodlady(f): 9:58am On Feb 01
Starships4u:
Na uhna know....
I'm expecting my own perm sec appointment too.

Why's yhur pics up there?
Who dash monkey banana?
You no fit chop class rep!
You get brain?

Re: Rumpus In Federal Civil Service Over Permanent Secretaries’ Deployment by Houseofglam7(f): 9:58am On Feb 01
🫤
Re: Rumpus In Federal Civil Service Over Permanent Secretaries’ Deployment by bunmioguns(m): 9:59am On Feb 01
angry
Re: Rumpus In Federal Civil Service Over Permanent Secretaries’ Deployment by Think9ja(m): 9:59am On Feb 01
Nobody does anything in Nigeria out of patriotism. It is simply to please or satisfy one's self.

Even that director complaining will do worse things if he gets the power.

The supporters of the onitsha main market trader are not complaining bitterly about the cost of living due to patriotism, it is simply because their Lord and personal saviour didn't win.

Tinubu didn't contest because of patriotism, it is simply because he wanted to fulfill a long time dream.

Nigeria is cruise,
Find your own cruise and roll with
Re: Rumpus In Federal Civil Service Over Permanent Secretaries’ Deployment by bunmioguns(m): 10:00am On Feb 01
atiku4President:
Okay

Help me use your space for advert
Re: Rumpus In Federal Civil Service Over Permanent Secretaries’ Deployment by yinkabamiro: 10:00am On Feb 01
Start Your Career in Cybersecurity

IBM Cybersecurity Analyst Professional Certificate on Coursera at a price of 4k only instead of $49 interested write on Watsapp number @Signaturee.

Course Duration: 3 Months
Note: I will subscribe first before you pay me.
Other Courses Available too both Udemy and Coursera
Re: Rumpus In Federal Civil Service Over Permanent Secretaries’ Deployment by opalu: 10:01am On Feb 01
Ok
Re: Rumpus In Federal Civil Service Over Permanent Secretaries’ Deployment by bunmioguns(m): 10:01am On Feb 01
illuminutty:
Great!

Please beware of this Tinder sw!ndler...

Nawa o
Re: Rumpus In Federal Civil Service Over Permanent Secretaries’ Deployment by GUNITGuy: 10:02am On Feb 01
Marvieduke:
Why is folashade behaving like this? There was a original template to deploy this people and you tampered with it, this shows some callous attitude from her....
there is more to it.....they dont want to be transfered...they call it posting....Some people have juicy post and have remained there for many years once they post them they bribe their way back to were there is alot of easy plenty juice.....if you know you know

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rumpus In Federal Civil Service Over Permanent Secretaries’ Deployment by Kingrshd3: 10:02am On Feb 01
H

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Signs You’re About To Get Fired & What To Do About It / Protesting Railway Workers Ground Stations, Demand 350% Salary Increase / Interviewer Wants Reference From Current Employer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.