Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,103 members, 7,814,872 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. (47760 Views)

Man Kneels Down To Thank God He Left Nigeria For The UK / Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? / I Have Finally Left Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by maasoap(m): 9:25pm On Feb 02
Mcslize:

Stop the lie. Most of the people that spoke against relocating abroad here on naira 3-4 years ago have deactivated their accounts, relocated abroad and created new account just so people won't fish them out here on Nairaland about all their anti-japa posts after deceiving people not to relocate. They are now abroad.

I know that's what you will do. Let's bet it, you will deactivate this account and run abroad. Stop deceiving people. We know you guys. You don't keep to your words. Later on you will japa and deactivate this your account and create another one.

That's what you these anti-japa folks know how to do. It's people like you that will also send your children abroad to study if you have the funds without allowing them to study here in Nigeria.

If Nigeria is good enough, while will some persons like you who so much love Nigeria to be sending their children abroad for studies? Isn't that self deception?

It's high time you anti-yapa folks stopped this self deception.

The funniest thing about you who appear to know everyone more than they know themselves is that you left Nigeria in body but still here in spirit. Lol. Only if you knew what I meant grin grin grin

BTW: I'm not against japa o, because I tried it in 2013 AVL, the last one Nigeria participated in and my wife was selected, together with me and our six months old daughter.
But my point is that all Nigerians can't japa, not possible.
Then, people with well paying jobs should also think deeply before japa.
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by ozonechrome: 9:31pm On Feb 02
Dennisochampa:
I'm gradually beginning to find my feet here...
Also, my wife's family are all based here....
She doesn't want to return to 9ja and I can't leave her and my kids...
Hope you understand why I can't relocate back to 9ja even if I want to

You just said you are gradually beginning to find your feet and that's what follows for every immigrant.

It's always hard at first and it's expected but it gets much better over time when you find your feet.

Please stop telling people lies that people abroad don't have it better than back it.

It's like comparing hell and heaven.

2 Likes

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Dennisochampa: 9:32pm On Feb 02
ozonechrome:

You just said you are gradually beginning to find your feet and that's what follows for every immigrant.

It's always hard at first and it's expected but it gets much better over time when you find your feet.

Please stop telling people lies that people abroad don't have it better than back it.

It's like comparing hell and heaven.
... I no get power to argue.... I hear u
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Mcslize: 9:58pm On Feb 02
maasoap:

The funniest thing about you who appear to knodw everyone more than they know themselves is that you left Nigeria in body but stiell here in spirit. Lol. Only if you knew what I mieant grin grin grin
Te
BTW: I'm not against japa o, because I tried it in 2013 AVL, the last one Nigeria participated in and my wife was selected, together with me and our six months old daughter.
But my point is that all Nigerians can't japa, not possible.
Then, people with well paying jobs should also think deeply before japa.

First of all, where are you currently? If you are not in Nigeria, and you are typing this, may they deport you. But if you are in Nigeria, then good for you.
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by maasoap(m): 10:12pm On Feb 02
Mcslize:

First of all, where are you currently? If you are not in Nigeria, and you are typing this, may they deport you.

Look at you, laughing. Your heart is still as dark as ever, smh. Continue stalking nairaland

But if you are in Nigeria, then good for you.
I'm in Nigeria, and I say good for me.

Let me interest you again before you leave. We couldn't raise money for processing our visa after we were scheduled for interview to take place the second week of the 52 weeks that the interviews would last!!
Things changed, more specifically, financially for me years after but for the fact I'm not particularly about living and working abroad, I lost interest thereafter. That was the only time I tried it.
I started my house project last year March and I moved in last year December. Taking care of seven family members. You know what is more interesting? The last time I did work was 2018! That's how good Nigeria is for me
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by jimcaddy(m): 10:52pm On Feb 02
Scholace:
LoL

I laugh people like you in Swahili. Your greatgrand parents, grandparents and parents had done that, nothing to show for it. I'm sure your children and grandchildren will continue from where their ancestors stopped grin
I won't dignify you a response
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by online4business: 3:23am On Feb 03
Mcslize:

No be you dey post pictures on Facebook? grin

They will finish you with begging and urgent 2k. If you don't want people to beg you, don't even bother posting pictures on Facebook cuz they will litre your DM with bros find me something na, I never eat since morning o.

Picture for where. I never post pictures on fbk ever.

People who are not security conscious or have low self esteem and need validation from other post pictures.

1 Like

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by sukkot: 7:37am On Feb 03
nearline:

Yeah. Him. If I remember correctly I think he said in one of his videos that even he is planning on returning to Nigeria but he does not want to rush it so as to, I’ll paraphrase, “prevent Nigeria from happening to him and his family.” He is taking it step by step as far as I know. The system over there is showing even him shege as he as mentioned in many of his videos. He keeps saying that you will never be a part of the system just because you made it to the white man’s land as a black person. You are always their prey basically. And the don’t really care about you. And that is coming from someone who got there very early in his life. The fact is JAPA will work for some but it will not work well for most. “Some” here are people who went there on official employment or similar business related reasons that are well recognized by their government. But for people who just want to go there to survive — escape Nigeria, like you said, British (White man’s) shege pro max awaits a lot of them.
you are very much on point. I think he is building a house in Ibadan somewhere for himself . Yeah the fact remains that you can never integrate into Europe as a black man, I tell people, if you want to japa forever to a white country without ever coming back home again and you expect to be comfortable and somewhat happy ? There is only one country you can achieve that , and that is America. But then again America comes with its own set of problems. Gun violence etc. basically bro there is no heaven on earth for us. But if God blesses you and you can build a house somewhere safe in naija, I believe you can enjoy your life if you keep it simple and you are content.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by JayPeeOham: 9:27am On Feb 03
Prosperity4All:

Even those wey dey hospital go gather strength show for airport. All those werey for Nairaland wey be Jagaban advocate go bribe to dey front of queue grin🤗

I dey tell you...hahahahahahaha...lwkmd!! grin
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by headboyprince(m): 11:05am On Feb 03
004gist:

Read all my post and responses.

I earn 800 pounds per month, house rent takes 500 pounds per month, heating and gas, electricity all this takes rough 180 per month.

Am still searching for jobs to see if I could earn higher
guy 800 pounds isnt up to minimum wage. but you're still able to survive on it. and you're complaining. arent you already better than graduates earning mimumum wage of 30k per month, in Nigeria. iam sure you just graduated last year.
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by headboyprince(m): 11:18am On Feb 03
MasterTeeUSA:
$100 per day...let me help you...if you work say at $15/hour which is not even the official minimum wage...some immigrants work for less than the official because of no papers...you work 8hours...that is $120...your taxes as a single independent is 25%....so you make $90. You do that for 20 days in a month full time...that's $1800. Rent alone is $1500...maybe you will rent a room for $800, pay electricity $50 if you are sharing, internet $25 if 4 of you are living in the house...then transportation $100...keep in mind you have no health insurance...so we will assume you will never get sick, then you have to pay for food...lets forget special food...you spend $400...you will be lucky to have that $100 by month end. You can also get a 2nd job and work 80hours a week...for how many years before your body tells on you...pray you have enough saved to buy land or build house...and and...if you are illegal without papers to get minimum wage, you are not just messed up, you will be very messed up.

rent $1500 are you kidding me? you can pay rent of $500. and besides why do you guys always assume that everyone who japa will be without papers and must work less than minimum wage. is Us or UK the only country.? are jobs that pay less than minimum wage the only jobs available?

1 Like

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by headboyprince(m): 11:42am On Feb 03
Mcslize:

Stop the lie. Most of the people that spoke against relocating abroad here on naira 3-4 years ago have deactivated their accounts, relocated abroad and created new account just so people won't fish them out here on Nairaland about all their anti-japa posts after deceiving people not to relocate. They are now abroad.

I know that's what you will do. Let's bet it, you will deactivate this account and run abroad. Stop deceiving people. We know you guys. You don't keep to your words. Later on you will japa and deactivate this your account and create another one.

That's what you these anti-japa folks know how to do. It's people like you that will also send your children abroad to study if you have the funds without allowing them to study here in Nigeria.

If Nigeria is good enough, while will some persons like you who so much love Nigeria to be sending their children abroad for studies? Isn't that self deception?

It's high time you anti-yapa folks stopped this self deception.

this is what happens. lets assume a guy working in oil company in nigeria doing nothing, stealing money and earning 1.5million per month saves all his money and quit his easy job and runs to the UK with hopes he will continue earning the easy money.

he doesnt do his papers correctly and ignores all protocol (typical nigeria and gets there and finds out immigrants without papers earn less than minimum wage. so he starts suffering over there, and comes to nairaland to tell people not to japa that the UK isn't good.

some even go through student visa and cry when they cant get a proper job. what were they expecting before, over there you have to follow due protocols, no cutting corners like it's in Nigeria. with student visa you only get student like job. so thats why they're crying...

Japa mustnt be all about UK, or U.S or following student visa. one can go to japa to a nearby country and work or start a biz. the U.K is too smart they know most nigerians coming in are running from their bad govt, so they put restrictions everywhere and increase the visa fees and procedures.

you cant jump from a prison to a palace, even if you're the prison chairman, you have to follow due process. else you will end up as the palace slave.
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by headboyprince(m): 11:53am On Feb 03
maasoap:

This is the kind of exaggeration that made many bank managers relocated only to become high-rise building windows cleaners and some professors to become cab drivers just to beat hunger.
Japa mustnt be all about UK, or U.S or following student visa. one can go to japa to a nearby country and work or start a biz. the U.K is too smart they know most nigerians coming in are running from their bad govt, so they put restrictions everywhere and increase the visa fees and procedures.

you cant jump from a prison to a palace, even if you're the prison chairman, you have to follow due process. else you will end up as the palace slave. Yes Nigeria is the prison and U.K is the palace
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by maasoap(m): 12:01pm On Feb 03
headboyprince:

you cant jump from a prison to a palace, even if you're the prison chairman, you have to follow due process. else you will end up as the palace slave. Yes Nigeria is the prison and U.K is the palace
I don't want to be a slave or start as a slave in the palace. Let me be my chairman in my prison
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by maasoap(m): 12:37pm On Feb 03
headboyprince:
guy 800 pounds isnt up to minimum wage. but you're still able to survive on it. and you're complaining. arent you already better than graduates earning mimumum wage of 30k per month, in Nigeria. iam sure you just graduated last year.

If he says he's not better, then he's not better. Or, you know his condition more than he knows his own condition?

2 Likes

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Kingbuhari(m): 6:27pm On Feb 03
Mcslize:

Abeg, you know say we no go school. Which country is SK? You meant South Korea?
yes brother
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Kingbuhari(m): 6:27pm On Feb 03
maasoap:

Good for you. But Buhari didn't rob Jonathan, Jonathan lost the election
he did... So we are paying for it
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by BeckyB1(f): 6:41pm On Feb 03
Your comment is very funny 🤣🤣🤣. With this kind of mindset, you should deactivate your page on fbk.

online4business:

Picture for where. I never post pictures on fbk ever.

People who are not security conscious or have low self esteem and need validation from other post pictures.

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by MasterTeeUSA: 6:43pm On Feb 03
I am not sure you are aware all these countries have unemployed graduates and keep producing graduates. Rent of $500 for which state..pls post. Even Doctors are happy to start with carejobs...anyways those who know know...people like you need to japa and tell us how you found high paying jobs as your first gig lol

headboyprince:

rent $1500 are you kidding me? you can pay rent of $500. and besides why do you guys always assume that everyone who japa will be without papers and must work less than minimum wage. is Us or UK the only country.? are jobs that pay less than minimum wage the only jobs available?
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Dbliz(m): 7:08pm On Feb 03
pansophist:
If you have the means to leave, no matter how hard, please do. It will only get worse. The way Nigeria structured, compound wealth doesn't reward, but punish Nigeria/Nigerians.

In the future, Nigeria will be more dangerous, poorer, indebted, saddled with useless leaders, and more crime due to mass deprivation.

Naira depreciation will make all your hardwork useless, and the smartest people you'll likely meet would be online, since their IQ is high and they've escaped the sinking ship earlier.

Don't take my word for it, just go to a random place and try to engage your average country man in anything, even in the so call universities, then ask yourself, are these the folks that will rescue the country?

This sound like a prophesy of doom, but its because I don't deceive myself. So if you don't want time to punish you further, if you have the means, leave

And those of us without the means of leaving Nigeria should do what?
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by headboyprince(m): 7:13pm On Feb 03
maasoap:

If he says he's not better, then he's not better. Or, you know his condition more than he knows his own condition?
idiot since living in the UK is too hard for your friend tell him to come back to Nigeria and take up 20,000 job with the inflation, insecurity, polluted environs...

then i will take you serious. he should hand me over his visa.

even with minimum wage in the U.K, you can afford all basic neccessities of life. clean tap water , 24/7 electricity, security, good roads, unlimited internet access, cheap food, free transportation

but in Nigeria only daily Transport will finish your entire salary. nothing else you'll be able to afford
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by headboyprince(m): 7:19pm On Feb 03
maasoap:

I don't want to be a slave or start as a slave in the palace. Let me be my chairman in my prison
idiot who will even make you chairman in the first place. you've forgotten their can only be one chairman in a prison and only the toughest guy takes it? are you the toughest guy?
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by headboyprince(m): 7:38pm On Feb 03
MasterTeeUSA:
I am not sure you are aware all these countries have unemployed graduates and keep producing graduates. Rent of $500 for which state..pls post. Even Doctors are happy to start with carejobs...anyways those who know know...people like you need to japa and tell us how you found high paying jobs as your first gig lol

there are $500 houses rent dont be stupid. if a doctor can live nigeria and started doing carejobs. doesnt that ring a bell to your eyes about the future of the country and how hopeless it's right now. iam sure it wont because you're too dull to comprehend what iam saying
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by MasterTeeUSA: 9:25pm On Feb 03
I was asking you where...tell me where you will get $500 houses rent...even your English is a liability and you want to insult someone. The Doctor doing care job overestimated his degree worth in a country that can't even find residency placements for its own citizens...Clearly you have no clue. Good day Bro

headboyprince:
there are $500 houses rent dont be stupid. if a doctor can live nigeria and started doing carejobs. doesnt that ring a bell to your eyes about the future of the country and how hopeless it's right now. iam sure it wont because you're too dull to comprehend what iam saying

1 Like

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by pansophist(m): 9:39pm On Feb 03
Dbliz:

And those of us without the means of leaving Nigeria should do what?

Move to Ghana grin

2 Likes

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by IbeOkehie: 10:40pm On Feb 03
MasterTeeUSA:
$100 per day...let me help you...if you work say at $15/hour which is not even the official minimum wage...some immigrants work for less than the official because of no papers...you work 8hours...that is $120...your taxes as a single independent is 25%....so you make $90. You do that for 20 days in a month full time...that's $1800. Rent alone is $1500...maybe you will rent a room for $800, pay electricity $50 if you are sharing, internet $25 if 4 of you are living in the house...then transportation $100...keep in mind you have no health insurance...so we will assume you will never get sick, then you have to pay for food...lets forget special food...you spend $400...you will be lucky to have that $100 by month end. You can also get a 2nd job and work 80hours a week...for how many years before your body tells on you...pray you have enough saved to buy land or build house...and and...if you are illegal without papers to get minimum wage, you are not just messed up, you will be very messed up.

Like it or not, the truth is that over a period of 1 year starting today, even ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS starting at below minimum wage in the USA will live a better life than the a Nigerian graduate earning ₦300K per month.

More important, they will likely achieve a much higher standard of living than their home based Nigerian counterparts in the next 5, 10, 15 or 20 years. Most people know this, that's why migration is a hot topic.

Let's be clear about what I'm saying. Every Nigerian living in the USA is not doing better than every Nigerian living in Nigeria. I'm not living better than my two friends in Nigeria who earn $1K per day working on oil rigs. One of them drives a Burgatti or something in that country, I'm not at that level so I don't even know the proper name of the car.

What we can be sure of is that if you gather 1,000 random ILLEGAL Nigerian immigrants in the USA and take pick 1,000 random Nigerians living in Nigeria and follow them for 10 years, 20 and 30 years, the ones based in the USA will have better HDI than the ones in Nigeria.

Everyone starts their life at sone level. There's nothing shameful about starting at the bottom. I've seen Nigerians and Africans generally come to this country illegally and start from ZERO and achieve a lot over 30 years, I've seen children born and grow up in this USA, get married and buy houses, things very few Nigerians their age can achieve. Me myself I started at $4/hr and if I can get to the USA middle class most people can do even better.

Maybe this is the nadir for Nigeria. Maybe. Very possible, but let's stop making false claims. You're even late to the argument. Very strident opponents of migration like @Sukkot and @Treadway have been on this for at least 2 years and as Nigeria has gotten worse they're gradually and sneakily changing their stance. You should look through their comment record or mine, you can read us going at it. You're not giving us any new lies, we've heard it all before.

Good Luck to Nigerians.
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by AngelicBeing: 10:49pm On Feb 03
pansophist:

Move to Ghana grin
Hian, Ghana ke shocked

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by RickyJesus: 7:22am On Feb 04
Gerrard59:

I don't mind sponsoring a research by 2030 - 2035 to know people's stories on the recent japa from 2015 - 2019 and 2019 to 2023. It would make an interesting study. To be honest, it is tough residing abroad as an adult migrant and worse so if married with young children. One is not in its dominant environment and stands out in almost every situation. Migration is mentally tough. It can also be financially draining for many people. Most people who moved out recently will be glad to return if the economy gets to pre-2015 levels and security to 2010s levels. It is one of the reasons my search for relatively safe and seemingly functional black dominated countries has begun. There is a feeling of being amongst people who look like you. But economics trumps psychology.

I think the complaints stem from those who lived relatively comfortable lives in Nigeria and then moved abroad via education rather than a work visa. This is because the previous migration wave in 2010 - 2015, which was just regular folks, did not have the barrage of complaints as today. Why? Most migrated when immigration policies were liberal, the global economy was pretty OK, there wasn't any mass migration from developing countries as it is today, inflation, wars etc. Most importantly, they migrated as single folks rather than married with children.

So, what changed? BUHARI! People who campaigned and voted for Buhari in 2015 ruined this country with their decision!
Where is your evidence that things won't have been worst if Jonathan continuous?
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by RickyJesus: 7:25am On Feb 04
Gerrard59:

Some of them campaigned and voted for Buhari in 2015. So, why do you think they have the intellect to solve Nigeria's issues?

Like your first line stated, the problem is lack of unity to face issues. The people who make up Nigeria think differently. Someone in Kano thinks differently from myself. He believes his religion is supreme, his elders cannot be criticised and believes violence and wanton carnage is the solution to every disagreement. How can both of us have the same faith in the country?
Your problem with folks that voted for Buhari in 2015 is just basic and silly.
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by sweetkev(m): 8:35am On Feb 04
004gist:

See am helping you guys see the reality.
I stay in a 500 pounds house, I earn less than 800 pounds we month .
Been searching for more job but it's not as easy as you thought.

I don't know if its the timing or anything.

Please don't see me as an enemy
How could you earn less than 500 pounds a month. How much do you get paid per hour here in the UK. You just like discouraging people to come here. Why are you people so selfish and wicked to people back home.
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Gerrard59(m): 9:13am On Feb 04
IbeOkehie:

Let's be clear about what I'm saying. Every Nigerian living in the USA is not doing better than every Nigerian living in Nigeria. I'm not living better than my two friends in Nigeria who earn $1K per day working on oil rigs. One of them drives a Burgatti or something in that country, I'm not at that level so I don't even know the proper name of the car.

What we can be sure of is that if you gather 1,000 random ILLEGAL Nigerian immigrants in the USA and take pick 1,000 random Nigerians living in Nigeria and follow them for 10 years, 20 and 30 years, the ones based in the USA will have better HDI than the ones in Nigeria.

Everyone starts their life at sone level. There's nothing shameful about starting at the bottom. I've seen Nigerians and Africans generally come to this country illegally and start from ZERO and achieve a lot over 30 years, I've seen children born and grow up in this USA, get
Good Luck to Nigerians.

I really love your illustration of data in your posts, This is something most Nigerians fail to do. They love to use anecdotal points during a debate when that is not a reflection of the entire concept or society. Casting 1000 random illegal Nigerian folks in the US vs 1000 random people in Nigeria would show the true picture of whether it pays to remain in Nigeria or emigrate.

1 Like

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Gerrard59(m): 9:27am On Feb 04
RickyJesus:

Where is your evidence that things won't have been worst if Jonathan continuous?

It is apparent you campaigned and voted for Buhari in 2015. As a result, I don't consider you to be an intelligent person. So, the first four years, let alone eight years, of Buhari's tenure wasn't enough to tell you that Buhari was and is an incompetent feudalist?!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

US Based Nigerian Lady Shares How She Spends All Her Finances On Bills (pix/vid) / Photo Of The Survivor Of The Trailer Accident In Ojuelegba Yesterday / Nigerian Navy Rescues Ghanaian Fishermen In The Ocean Near Dangote Port, Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.