Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months (19263 Views)

Ekiti Govt Imposes Curfew, Bans Public Gathering Of More Than 20 / Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering / Presidential Tribunal Bans Public Analysis Of Its Proceedings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by Mubieey: 10:16am On Feb 02
Muslims burial is the best and simplest

1 Like

Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by Goodlady(f): 10:18am On Feb 02
immortalcrown:
[/sub]
Good. But what about unidentified corpses or the ones with a serious controversy like a prolonged court case or crime investigation? Mohbad, for example.

[sub]

Good. But APAMS just left the group chat. I think makers and sellers of caskets should be allowed to display their goods. Should their showrooms now be hidden?

[sub][/sub] Anambra men will use this one to flex money and political muscles. They will obtain the permission and block road to show they are connected. This is a new cash out update for local government authorities.
Don't you know what killed Mohbad?
Do you think FG is interested in settling his case asap. His case is a contender from a strong force. If not, how many months ll it take to conclude investigation and post mortem?
What about the DNA of his son?
His case is a case of mago-mago bad Nigeria.
Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by barinedan(m): 10:19am On Feb 02
So of all the problems facing Nigerians and the state, the only thing they can easily do is to regulate burial? Apart from Lagos that is trying which other state has a well organized traffic management?

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by IkemChris(m): 10:21am On Feb 02
Even the dead get share of "una go hear am" from this government grin grin grin
Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by Dafresh: 10:22am On Feb 02
Soludo is not busy at all he wants to keep him self busy with burial ceremony, you expect some one to bury his love one in two months, do you know if he or she has money to do the burial

5 Likes

Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by arinzos(m): 10:23am On Feb 02
BoldBrainz:

But what's the essence of keeping a corpse in the mortuary for months, to begin with?
When the family is not ready.
There are some things that should be in place before burial.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by AMAUCHESKY(m): 10:24am On Feb 02
Apams

bad addiction is a distraction to your direction in life.. let me help you out via my signature
Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by amnesty7: 10:24am On Feb 02
Small small they are seeing the light.
Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by SheikhMuniru(m): 10:24am On Feb 02
If that will stop sit at home, banditry, etc
Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by Dafresh: 10:26am On Feb 02
Saladdin:
Anambra is getting there gradually. Not everyone has the mind to stomach all those things.

Burial expenses should be kept as minimal as possible. Ostentatious displays does not do the dead any good and only burdens the living financially and emotionally. Of what use is borrowing money to showoff during burial? To please who?

Plus it's just gross disrespect, abuse of the dead, and also prolonging of the grief of the living to keep dead bodies without burial.

Grief should keep shortened anyhow possible, and not to be prolonged.
Did any one come to you to borrow them money for burial, very soon we will hear this, don't spend more than 50k on Christmas celebrations, like say na your money the person de spend

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by thesicilian: 10:26am On Feb 02
Nice one but why should there be a fee for registration of burial

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by BoldBrainz(m): 10:28am On Feb 02
arinzos:

When the family is not ready.
There are some things that should be in place before burial.

And two months are not enough to put things in place for a burial?

Do you want to build an airport for the dead body? All these flamboyant burial traditions we have down South are just tantamount to wastage of scarce resources. Is it that the corpses buried in 24 hours in the North don't rest in peace?

If I someday get involved in politics and attain a significant position at the state or federal level, I'll put an outright ban on the burial traditions down South. It's stupid and unnecessary.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by GerraMeh74(m): 10:28am On Feb 02
SOLUDO,the disaster governor. What is your problem with how people choose to burry their dead? Let the poor do what they can afford,let the rich do what they can afford.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by Thewrath(m): 10:29am On Feb 02
MadamExcellency:
Registration for Burial is N1500. I can't do that. I will sponsor and lead a civil disobedience to get that out of the bill.

Half of the Anambrians are not living in the State let alone know your laws. If the father dies in Lagos or Abia State then Anambra State will force the children to bury him according to their time frame? Raa nsi ebe ahu.
Ignorance of the law is not an excuse…moreover,do you want to eat the corpse? Why keep it so long.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by Iamhawkeyez: 10:31am On Feb 02
of all the human capital development, infrastructural development, education, power, road, health, security and economic problems wey dey face anambra, na casket morgue and burial be dis werey wahala
misplaced priority
Nigeria we deserve more from dis stupid leaders.
scale of preference, fix the problems wey dey affect the ppl more first no tell dem wen nd how to bury their loved ones

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by Yousuph007(m): 10:32am On Feb 02
God we bless the people of anambrađź’›
Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by omenka1: 10:33am On Feb 02
Other states should follow suit
Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by Yousuph007(m): 10:33am On Feb 02
Yousuph007:
God will bless the people of anambrađź’›
Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by amnesty7: 10:33am On Feb 02
Creamypie:
Soludo just wan use style tax money from burial ceremonies. Na so them dey do am for abroad wey he was living
Oyibo slave mentality.
Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by Iamhawkeyez: 10:35am On Feb 02
BoldBrainz:

Do you want to build an airport for the dead body? All these flamboyant burial traditions we have down South are just tantamount to wastage of scarce resources. Is it that the corpses buried in 24 hours in the North don't rest in peace?

If I someday get involved in politics and attain a significant position at the state or federal level, I'll put an outright ban on the burial traditions down South. It's stupid and unnecessary.
oga na ur pocket dem take d money from to bury their loved ones? dats y u no ever get state or federal power because of all the problems of Nigeria na southern burial traditions u Wan go ban

1 Like

Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by PARADIZEPRIEST: 10:35am On Feb 02
With the edicts apga is going to lose second term o.Govr try not to impose this on the people by force,be persuasive. angry
Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by Calitoscassius(m): 10:37am On Feb 02
immortalcrown:
[/sub]
Good. But what about unidentified corpses or the ones with a serious controversy like a prolonged court case or crime investigation? Mohbad, for example.

[sub]

Good. But APAMS just left the group chat. I think makers and sellers of caskets should be allowed to display their goods. Should their showrooms now be hidden?

[sub][/sub] Anambra men will use this one to flex money and political muscles. They will obtain the permission and block road to show they are connected. This is a new cash out update for local government authorities.
Absolutely! And the registration of death for 1500 is also ridiculous, dead people families will eventually hide and abandon corpses of their dead family members let it rot or even dispose them unhygienically within their communities.

The coffin makers should have the right to display their coffins on sale. It isn't their faults people die.

For some reason they are demonising coffin makers while every other businesses are allowed to display their wares. What about the caterers, who make funeral foods, or ther canopy people. The musicians. The MCs, the chairs and table renting businesses, the wine and beer suppliers to funerals? This is an achaic law. Besides, Soludo wants to make money from dead corpese.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by Valuepaints20(m): 10:38am On Feb 02
Ok
Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by Solsix(m): 10:38am On Feb 02
Kingpele:
This Soludo is just chasing shadows in Anambra state..very clueless govt...like mbah like soludo majoring in minor issues...
Nah the' majoring in minor issues for me'
Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by BoldBrainz(m): 10:40am On Feb 02
Iamhawkeyez:

oga na ur pocket dem take d money from to bury their loved ones? dats y u no ever get state or federal power because of all the problems of Nigeria na southern burial traditions u Wan go ban

I'm having a conversation with someone who has a brain. Carry your smelly blob of cow fat in that your irregular skull and find a fellow idiot like yourself to engage.

Anu nchi!
Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by Calitoscassius(m): 10:41am On Feb 02
Kingpele:
This Soludo is just chasing shadows in Anambra state..very clueless govt...like mbah like soludo majoring in minor issues...
Soludo is completely clueless, trying to make money outta dead corpses and demonising coffin makers
Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by BlackyOne: 10:44am On Feb 02
Good one, it is not aesthetic pleasing to see casket traders and builders lining across all roads seeking for the living to sell their product to.

However, I think the right thing to do is to open a designated area/market for all funeral trades.
Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by Emyogalanya: 10:46am On Feb 02
immortalcrown:
[/sub]

[sub]

they should first make sure the dead was well cared for while Alive
Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by Calitoscassius(m): 10:49am On Feb 02
BoldBrainz:

As much as i agree with you on the unnercerssary waste of money on burials and the 2 months storing of corpses. Soludo is also wrong for tyring to charge 1500 to register deaths and wrong on banning the display of coffins by coffin makers. It isn't their faults people die.

There are so many businesses who supply their commodities to burial ceremonies, from chairs, tables,musics,food, wine to canopies. Why did he not ban them too? Soludo is clueless on this one.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by Nigga44: 10:50am On Feb 02
Kingpele:
Oga remove Peter Mbah's name from that your nonsense talk.

Mbah is the currently the best performing governor in the east

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senate Conducts Last Lap Of Ministerial Screening - Live Update / "The More I Tried To Make Edo Perfect, The More I Realise It Can't Be Done" / 2019 POLLS: UPP Adopts Buhari As Presidential Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.