Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,481 members, 7,812,478 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:00 PM

Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months (19252 Views)

Ekiti Govt Imposes Curfew, Bans Public Gathering Of More Than 20 / Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering / Presidential Tribunal Bans Public Analysis Of Its Proceedings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by Objectivist04: 8:29am On Feb 03
Dafresh:
Soludo is not busy at all he wants to keep him self busy with burial ceremony, you expect some one to bury his love one in two months, do you know if he or she has money to do the burial
If you loose a loved one and you don't have money, what you do is to burry the corpse , whenever money comes you will do the funeral ceremony (akwam ozu) you don't need to keep the body in the mortuary for months. .
Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by Objectivist04: 8:34am On Feb 03
[quote author=arinzos post=128248342]
When the family is not ready.
There are some things that should be in place before burial.[/quot

Am I missing something ? So one can not burry the dead immediately and fix funeral on later date ? I thought funeral is an essential part of our culture, so when did we integrate taking bodies to the morgue as part of that culture
Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by Objectivist04: 8:51am On Feb 03
Calitoscassius:
As much as i agree with you on the unnercerssary waste of money on burials and the 2 months storing of corpses. Soludo is also wrong for tyring to charge 1500 to register deaths and wrong on banning the display of coffins by coffin makers. It isn't their faults people die.

There are so many businesses who supply their commodities to burial ceremonies, from chairs, tables,musics,food, wine to canopies. Why did he not ban them too? Soludo is clueless on this one.
You are not being sincere you know, the feeling you have when you see a coffin s it the same feeling you have when you see a table, chair, music instruments and wine ? Let's call a spade a spade Soludo is right on this law .
Left for me, each community should have a local coffin maker who will make a coffin once death occurs not this open displaying of coffins. The day l passed Regina celi road I had an eery feeling seeing a big plaza being used for coffin sales alone. Quite disgusting

1 Like

Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by Objectivist04: 8:58am On Feb 03
Calitoscassius:
But is is absolutely fine for canopy renters, chair and table renters, food and wine for funerals , MCs and music providers at funerals to display their wares. Right? It isn't the fault of coffin makers that people die, besides, it wouldn't stop people from dying banning coffin makers.
Let me ask you, those things you mentioned above, are they only used for funeral ? So you don't use those things even in your home ? Let's not sound clueless just to buttress our point. When you go to inspect your land and see a coffin there even if it is the small one won't you be running Helter skelter ?

Yes. I agree with area/market, very good idea ,but Soludo just want a more than 100 years old artisan business like coffin making to end. Is he afraid to die or what? cheesy
Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by Objectivist04: 9:12am On Feb 03
fawaz050:
Something the Prophet, peace be upon him, has advised 1445 years ago.

Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) reported that the Messenger of Allah (may Allah's peace and blessings be upon him) said: "Hurry up with the funeral (the dead body), for if it is righteous, you will be taking it forward to what is good; and if it is otherwise, you will be laying evil off your necks."
But the same prophet's body was left unburied for three days !

Alhamdulilah.
Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by Objectivist04: 9:14am On Feb 03
fawaz050:
Something the Prophet, peace be upon him, has advised 1445 years ago.

Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) reported that the Messenger of Allah (may Allah's peace and blessings be upon him) said: "Hurry up with the funeral (the dead body), for if it is righteous, you will be taking it forward to what is good; and if it is otherwise, you will be laying evil off your necks."

Alhamdulilah.

But the same prophet's body was left unburied for three days
Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by Objectivist04: 9:26am On Feb 03
BoldBrainz:

I don't understand. Is there anywhere else they bury someone or something apart from the ground😂? Have you heard of a burial in water before? The moment you cremate a corpse, it's no longer a burial na.

There is a sea burial
Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by Objectivist04: 9:33am On Feb 03
CockPit:
They worship corpse in that state

Am telling you, no be small thing
Anambra and Tiv people of benue state are the same when it comes to worshipping and adoring the corpse

1 Like

Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by Objectivist04: 9:46am On Feb 03
BrutusOj:
I am older than your elder brother. Don't assume everybody here speaks or understand Igbo language. If you want to engage me, write in English or at least pidgin. You guys like to show up too much in the east.

I support you but don't make this tribal, I hope. you could remember when Adenuga buried his mother many years ago, also just about last week we saw the burial of that twelve years old boy that died two years ago, after ingesting some substance from his cultists colleague in a Lagos private school.
The burial took place in Delta state and when I saw the flamboyancy, I shook my head.
So it is a southern thing while the Tivs of benue are worse overall.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by BrutusOj(m): 9:58am On Feb 03
Objectivist04:

I support you but don't make this tribal, I hope. you could remember when Adenuga buried his mother many years ago, also just about last week we saw the burial of that twelve years old boy that died two years ago, after ingesting some substance from his cultists colleague in a Lagos private school.
The burial took place in Delta state and when I saw the flamboyancy, I shook my head.
So it is a southern thing while the Tivs of benue are worse overall.
I understand you, I mentioned east cos the post is about Anambra state and some folks are trying to condemn a law which they ought to embrace with joy. Almost every region is trying to abolish the culture/tradition of wasting money during burial now. Just recently, the traditional ruler of Idoma nation of Benue state, Och'idoma released new laws on burials and traditional wedding, all these are to reduce the rate at which people struggle so much just to meet up with unnecessary expenditure in the name of burial and wedding.
Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by BrutusOj(m): 10:10am On Feb 03
Objectivist04:

You are not being sincere you know, the feeling you have when you see a coffin s it the same feeling you have when you see a table, chair, music instruments and wine ? Let's call a spade a spade Soludo is right on this law .
Left for me, each community should have a local coffin maker who will make a coffin once death occurs not this open displaying of coffins. The day l passed Regina celi road I had [b]an eery feeling seeing a big plaza being used for coffin sales [/b]alone. Quite disgusting
You remind me of my childhood cheesy. There is a street in my home town where those guys who deals on casket do their work, each time I unknowingly enter the street, that night will be series of nightmares for me. I avoided that street until I saw death finish and became mature to see death as nothing serious even though one still shed tears when a loved one passes on. On a serious note, I agree with your suggestion above, coffins are not daily consumables, why make them in numbers and display like clothes everywhere? In big towns, they are not displayed like that sha. I haven't sighted coffins anywhere in Abuja before.
Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by Jacksonwar099: 11:19am On Feb 03
You too much, that's the Same that is in my mind only 100k as a Fyn, many rich people will rather break that law and pay the fine. I think that law is only made 4 d poor.
My opinion.
immortalcrown:
100k as the fine for leaving a corpse for more than 2 months? You are not serious. Anambra guys will leave corpses for 10 years and pay the fine as an indirect way of displaying wealth and bragging. grin

[/sub]
Good. But what about unidentified corpses or the ones with a serious controversy like a prolonged court case or crime investigation? Mohbad, for example.

[sub]

Good. But APAMS just left the group chat. I think makers and sellers of caskets should be allowed to display their goods. Should their showrooms now be hidden?

[sub][/sub] Anambra men will use this one to flex money and political muscles. They will obtain the permission and block road to show they are connected. This is a new cash out update for local government authorities.
Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by Jacksonwar099: 11:24am On Feb 03
BoldBrainz:
This Soludo's administration is proving to be the most useless in the South East, alongside that of Mbah of Enugu.leave him alone, he is doing the right thing. Why must you celebrate the death?

Always majoring in the minor.
Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by nazicartel(m): 11:28am On Feb 03
BrutusOj:
I am older than your elder brother. Don't assume everybody here speaks or understand Igbo language. If you want to engage me, write in English or at least pidgin. You guys like to show up too much in the east.
Misplaced priorities has always been our problem in this country. I hope you know the place the law was made. You shouldn't be shouting on topics you know nothing about. I was even engaging you like an Igbo person, because I think you're supposed to understand the angle I'm coming from. It's just like me asking why people are cremated.
Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by Mubieey: 1:29pm On Feb 03
thorpido:
What has the dead got to do with best burial or not?Hyping what is unnecessary.
What matters most is where will the soul of the dead go?
The reason why I said simple, why keeping a corpse for 2month and a corpse has nothing to do with materialistic things
Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by Calitoscassius(m): 1:49pm On Feb 03
Objectivist04:

Left for me, each community should have a local coffin maker who will make a coffin once death occurs not this open displaying of coffins. The day l passed Regina celi road I had an eery feeling seeing a big plaza being used for coffin sales alone. Quite disgusting
Feelings right? grin grin everything that hurts your feelings should be banned right? Did you know that your business or shop might be making other people feel the way you feel about coffins? Should your shop be banned? I don't know why some people are afraid of coffins, it is just a piece furniture, what is the difference between a coffin and a chair made outta woods? I don't feel the same way you feel when you see coffins, you and I are not the same. I don't even notice the display of coffins. Besides, it doesn't bother me. Being in denial of death would not stop people from dying.

You think banning the display of coffins will stop death? cheesy cheesy

Coffin making is just a trade just like every other trade, Cars killpeople daily in Naigeeria should the display of cars be banned? What about the shops that sells coffin making materials should they be banned? Would you refuse a coffin maker's money if he comes to purchase his needs from your shop? I bet you wouldn't. cheesy

Well... good thing! It isn't up to you to decide, you would have banned everything that hurts your FEELINGS.
Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by Calitoscassius(m): 2:00pm On Feb 03
BlackyOne:

Well those things/business/trade you mentioned are general items and not specific to funeral activities.

And, Soludo cannot stop the funeral trade, I don't think anyone can, because their services are very much needed but there should be controls/regulations etc as with every trade.
It doesn't matter! So funerals are wrong? Would you not want a funeral for yourself when you die? grin would you refuse a coffin makers money if he comes to your shop to purchase goods? What about shop who sells the coffin making materials? Should they be banned too? grin

Yes, he cannot stop coffin making, he will need a coffin one day. grin
Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by Calitoscassius(m): 2:13pm On Feb 03
[quote author=Objectivist04 post=128264394][/quote] Look! Everything we need to live are also needed when we die! Whether it is a chair, table or coffin all are needed.

If i see a coffin in my land, i will remove it, because i would see it as pieces of woods nailed together. As long as i know i didn't put the coffin in my land.

I used to work in a mortuary, these things don't bother me! grin

Nothing in life is to be FEARD, it is only to be UNDERSTOOD!

Doctors, nursess and paramedics sees dead people daily, are they not humans too? While some people like you are afraid of pieces of woods nailed together to make a coffin. grin grin grin
Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by BlackyOne: 6:26pm On Feb 03
Calitoscassius:
It doesn't matter! So funerals are wrong? Would you not want a funeral for yourself when you die? grin would you refuse a coffin makers money if he comes to your shop to purchase goods? What about shop who sells the coffin making materials? Should they banned too? grin

Yes, he cannot stop coffin making, he will need a coffin one day. grin

I think you're having one of those manic episodes/bipolar moment...

I'll leave you to it!
Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by Calitoscassius(m): 7:22pm On Feb 03
BlackyOne:

I think you're having one of those manic episodes/bipolar moment...

I'll leave you to it!
Yea, morron! Have a go at me for being bipolar, do you even know what bipolar mean? grin grin morrons like you are the sort that would mock a person for being disabled.. grin as if you are better, grin you couldn't even handle the sight of a coffin (pieces of woods nailed together) let alone! You emotional wreck of a morron! I didn't expect any reasonable response from you.

Ofcourse, or i would bite your nose, i am bipolar afterall.. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Have Not Received Any Salary In 2 Yrs, My Wife Has No Official Car - Soludo / I Deserted Army Because I Was Owed Nine-month Salary - Nigerian Soldier / "Akpabio Is A Political Pensioner" - Dino Melaye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.