Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,412 members, 7,812,221 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:15 AM

Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months (19250 Views)

Ekiti Govt Imposes Curfew, Bans Public Gathering Of More Than 20 / Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering / Presidential Tribunal Bans Public Analysis Of Its Proceedings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by Calitoscassius(m): 12:54pm On Feb 02
BoldBrainz:

Whether it's my money or not, the craze and frenzy that accompanies burials down South is totally stupendous and uncalled for. I assure you, this move won't end with Soludo. In the not too distant future, other governors and HOAs will follow suit.

It's time we do away with archaic and unnecessary practices.
You are right again, just because some people can afford to have flambouyant funeral events doesn't mean they have the right to inconvieniece or disrupt other citizens lives with their events.

But in Nageeria as it appears if you are wealthy you are free to do whatever da hell you want in any community.

I believe also as you rightly asserted, that other state may copy from Soludo's ideas.
Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by BoldBrainz(m): 1:00pm On Feb 02
Calitoscassius:
You are right again, just because some people can afford to have flambouyant funeral events doesn't mean they have the right to inconvieniece or disrupt other citizens lives with their events.

But in Nageeria as it appears if you are wealthy you are free to do whatever da hell you want in any community.

I believe also as you rightly asserted, that other state may copy from Soludo's ideas.

People do not know it but when you do a flamboyant burial, it immediately puts psychological pressure on others who are your peers to want to match it or even do better, irrespective of whether your resources can even offset the cost.

The Nigerian society is structured in a way that coerces one to want to do just about anything to keep the pace with others. It's the major reason youths resort to crime and unwholesome methods just to make money these days.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by Calitoscassius(m): 1:10pm On Feb 02
BoldBrainz:

A coffin market is a fine idea. Everyone who fabricates and sells them can have their work sheds and sales shops there. Then you who needs to bury a loved one will know there's a fixed market for it and take yourself there. We need to start deviating from the old ways of doing things.
Yes.

Hopefully, these things takes time.
Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by Calitoscassius(m): 1:22pm On Feb 02
BoldBrainz:

People do not know it but when you do a flamboyant burial, it immediately puts psychological pressure on others who are your peers to want to match it or even do better, irrespective of whether your resources can even offset the cost.

The Nigerian society is structured in a way that coerces one to want to do just about anything to keep the pace with others. It's the major reason youths resort to crime and unwholesome methods just to make money these days.
You are absolutely correct!

You would find also that people celebrate wealth and wealthy people (nothing wrong with that if the wealth are genuinely acquired) rather in Naigeeria hence the obsession to aquire vast wealth by Anambra youths especially, this practise of spraying cash on people during events should be banned also it is a ridiculous practise. It senseless, today Mark Zukerberg is worth nearly $800 billion but he would never be seen spraying cash during events.

I think families should also question their youths how they aquired their wealths rather than sing praises of them. I remember when i was 12 i came home with a bicycle my father querried where it came from saying he didn't remember purchasing the bike for me, parents should do this often in Anambra especially.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by Iamhawkeyez: 1:27pm On Feb 02
BoldBrainz:

I'm having a conversation with someone who has a brain. Carry your smelly blob of cow fat in that your irregular skull and find a fellow idiot like yourself to engage.

Anu nchi!
your thoughts is a reflection of your poor up bringing, it shows clearly that you are poorly raised morally, instead of you to cover the shame you chose to bring it outside,it's a waste of time trying to school you morally cos you missed it from the tap root as a child and I know regardless of your age you're still a child because your criticism isn't even constructive cos I'm not fat neither do I have an irregular skull.
of all problems in Nigeria dis efulefu dey tink of getting federal or state power to ban the way people dey use do burial for their loved ones
u go worst pass all the bad leaders put together, God forbid u ever smell that power because u no get anything good to masses with
Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by MatrixCircle: 1:37pm On Feb 02
That's the whole of South East and Akwa Ibom as if people are competing with death ones. grin

1 Like

Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by BoldBrainz(m): 1:39pm On Feb 02
Iamhawkeyez:

your thoughts is a reflection of your poor up bringing, it shows clearly that you are poorly raised morally, instead of you to cover the shame you chose to bring it outside,it's a waste of time trying to school you morally cos you missed it from the tap root as a child and I know regardless of your age you're still a child because your criticism isn't even constructive cos I'm not fat neither do I have an irregular skull.
of all problems in Nigeria dis efulefu dey tink of getting federal or state power to ban the way people dey use do burial for their loved ones
u go worst pass all the bad leaders put together, God forbid u ever smell that power because u no get anything good to masses with

See who wants to school somebody😂! You can't even read to understand simple write-ups, you don't have a decent knowledge of when and where to use capital initials and you want to school me?

Common, get away from here, you riff-raff!
Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by MadamExcellency: 1:43pm On Feb 02
Thewrath:

Ignorance of the law is not an excuse…moreover, do you want to eat the corpse? Why keep it so long?

You should be the one I should be asking if you want to mine the fresh skull. Is it your business if I choose to grieve for some months?

Btw, must burial be inside the ground?
Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by sylve11: 1:44pm On Feb 02
inoki247:
Lol abg jus light the caddava make everybody go rest fire wood no go cost too much like coffin....

All this coffin and display to me na waste of time and money...

I tell you. cool

1 Like

Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by sylve11: 1:45pm On Feb 02
Saladdin:
Anambra is getting there gradually. Not everyone has the mind to stomach all those things.

Burial expenses should be kept as minimal as possible. Ostentatious displays does not do the dead any good and only burdens the living financially and emotionally. Of what use is borrowing money to showoff during burial? To please who?

Plus it's just gross disrespect, abuse of the dead, and also prolonging of the grief of the living to keep dead bodies without burial.

Grief should keep shortened anyhow possible, and not to be prolonged.

You have the sight of an eagle and the brain of a snake. cool

1 Like

Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by Iamhawkeyez: 1:50pm On Feb 02
BoldBrainz:

See who wants to school somebody😂! You can't even read to understand simple write-ups, you don't have a decent knowledge of when and where to use capital initials and you want to school me?

Common, get away from here, you riff-raff!
you're even more of an efulefu than i initially thought you were,see what you pointed out as your problem "capital initials", for places wey I use pidgin write, I swear ur less than 5 years old in your reasonings.
Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by Thewrath(m): 1:54pm On Feb 02
MadamExcellency:

You should be the one I should be asking if you want to mine the fresh skull. Is it your business if I choose to grieve for some months?

You can’t bury at your own convenience especially if it’s not tied to financial capacity because you are not the only person concerned,you are to bury according to tradition and state laws…..if you don’t want to bury inside the ground,you can cremate the body if the state laws allow it,or eat it…your choice
Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by BoldBrainz(m): 1:55pm On Feb 02
Iamhawkeyez:

you're even more of an efulefu than i initially thought you were,see what you pointed out as your problem "capital initials", for places wey I use pidgin write, I swear ur less than 5 years old in your reasonings.

Fish brain!

So when you read the second to my last comment, your watery brain somehow translated that I called you "fat"😂?

Calling you a goat is going to be immense disservice to actual goats in this country. Otondo!
Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by BoldBrainz(m): 1:57pm On Feb 02
MadamExcellency:

I don't understand. Is there anywhere else they bury someone or something apart from the ground😂? Have you heard of a burial in water before? The moment you cremate a corpse, it's no longer a burial na.
Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by Justnation: 2:21pm On Feb 02
Unnecessary and waste of legislation time.

You claimed that you want to cut burial cost, yet you are imposing burial levy?
Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by themanderon: 2:23pm On Feb 02
Soludo for want of things to do is just embarking on unnecessary ventures. Of all the developmental problems bedeviling Anambra state burial seems to be of utmost priority to him. Almost all roads in Onitsha and Nnewi have totally collapsed and here he is fighting over chieftaincy titles and burials.
I regret supporting him Sha. I thought with his pedigree at CBN he will make Anambra great but he has been found out like baba bulaba who promised to make Nigeria Eldorado like he supposedly did in Lagos but bit by bit things are disintegrating under his watch.
Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by Iamhawkeyez: 2:39pm On Feb 02
BoldBrainz:

Fish brain!

So when you read the second to my last comment, your watery brain somehow translated that I called you "fat"😂?

Calling you a goat is going to be immense disservice to actual goats in this country. Otondo!
a pig will always be a pig, it's quite unfortunate that I'm even following you to your dirts, u self no under all the meaning of the blob wey u use I bet na ur mama still dey feed, cloth nd house you. I'm not wishing anyone death, but surely ur loved ones will grow old nd die like every other person, when they do, don't give them a befitting burial, just buy the cheapest casket and bury them that same day or you can still choose not to bury with casket. I rest my case by giving up on you.

Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by AsomughaChuks05: 2:56pm On Feb 02
Anambra, the light of Igbo people. We lead, others follow.
Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by CockPit: 3:07pm On Feb 02
They worship corpse in that state
Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by SoNature(m): 3:20pm On Feb 02
MadamExcellency:
Registration for Burial is N1500. I can't do that. I will sponsor and lead a civil disobedience to get that out of the bill.

Half of the Anambrians are not living in the State let alone know your laws. If the father dies in Lagos or Abia State then Anambra State will force the children to bury him according to their time frame? Raa nsi ebe ahu.

Look at them. Every opportunity na showoff.
Obi Cubana and his friends went way over the board. I believe it's why the house of assembly under Obiano enacted that law.

Bury your dead the way Muslims do; keep it calm and quiet. There was no place in the Bible where extravagant parties were thrown to celebrate dead people. The last time I checked, death isn't a good thing. If you have a lot of money to throw around, give it to the orphanage or sponsor the scholarship of a child in your locality.

The part I even find disgusting is that Nigerians find every occasion to spray the Naira, destroy the notes and make banks pay huge sums to the CBN to reprint mutilated notes.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by hammer567: 3:24pm On Feb 02
SOLUDO IS LIKE A MAD MAN.

HIS SON WAS RIGHT ABOUT HIM.

ALWAYS TALKING OFF POINT.
Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by emperor4love(m): 4:10pm On Feb 02
You wan ppl that are not white or mosley to be behaving so doing burial How possible
Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by Nato008(m): 5:09pm On Feb 02
BoldBrainz:

Whether it's my money or not, the craze and frenzy that accompanies burials down South is totally stupendous and uncalled for. I assure you, this move won't end with Soludo. In the not too distant future, other governors and HOAs will follow suit.

It's time we do away with archaic and unnecessary practices.
So among all our pressing problems which are alot, is it how an individual spends his own money he suffered to get....if I decide to do celebration of life by feeding and hosting guests to eat and enjoy to stupor....it is within my right, the same way the elites send there kids to school outside because the can afford....
Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by Nato008(m): 5:10pm On Feb 02
SoNature:

Look at them. Every opportunity na showoff.
Obi Cubana and his friends went way over the board. I believe it's why the house of assembly under Obiano enacted that law.

Bury your dead the way Muslims did; keep it calm and quiet. There was no place in the Bible where extravagant parties were thrown to celebrate dead people. The last time I checked, death isn't a good thing. If you have a lot of money to throw around, give it to the orphanage or sponsor the scholarship of a child in your locality.

The part I even find disgusting is that Nigerians find every occasion to spray the Naira, destroy the notes and make banks pay huge sums to the CBN to reprint mutilated notes.
Omo do we look like Muslims.....If the way u guys are so serious about this is how u are serious about our main problems it would have been better
Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by kehnderson(m): 5:41pm On Feb 02
thorpido:
You no say the state or which sector/qualifications e get?
Anyway,shey he fit work for mortuary?

State : Lagos
Sector: health
Qualification : diploma

Thanks.
Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by arinzos(m): 5:44pm On Feb 02
BoldBrainz:

And two months are not enough to put things in place for a burial?

Do you want to build an airport for the dead body? All these flamboyant burial traditions we have down South are just tantamount to wastage of scarce resources. Is it that the corpses buried in 24 hours in the North don't rest in peace?

If I someday get involved in politics and attain a significant position at the state or federal level, I'll put an outright ban on the burial traditions down South. It's stupid and unnecessary.
grin
You will ban burial traditions. That bill won't even pass first reading. I understand you though. It's tiring but we just have to do it.
Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by dbestcno(m): 5:49pm On Feb 02
NaijaCoverBlog:

Source: https://guardian.ng/news/anambra-bans-public-display-of-caskets-depositing-of-corpses-beyond-two-months/

This one na for isuofia people not us because he can't tell me how to bury my loved ones
Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by TA4TA4: 7:17pm On Feb 02
There are better laws the government should pass...like addressing insecurity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppl9Y59aMXk
Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by BlackyOne: 9:05pm On Feb 02
Calitoscassius:
But is is absolutely fine for canopy renters, chair and table renters, food and wine for funerals , MCs and music providers at funerals to display their wares. Right? It isn't the fault of coffin makers that people die, besides, it wouldn't stop people from dying banning coffin makers.

Yes. I agree with area/market, very good idea ,but Soludo just want a more than 100 years old artisan business like coffin making to end. Is he afraid to die or what? cheesy

Well those things/business/trade you mentioned are general items and not specific to funeral activities.

And, Soludo cannot stop the funeral trade, I don't think anyone can, because their services are very much needed but there should be controls/regulations etc as with every trade.
Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by nazicartel(m): 6:54am On Feb 03
BrutusOj:
What's difficult in burial? At the end of the day, won't you put the corpse down six foots below the ground? When someone dies, reach out to family members, friends and colleagues, the bereaved gather to discuss the date of the burial and the financial commitments involved. One month is enough to prepare for the burial except you are planning to turn the burial to a show as we watch in nollywood movies.
rest. How old are you first ?... Eburu ozu onye ozo, onye ona emebeghi e che ma e bu okporo nku
Re: Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months by BrutusOj(m): 7:27am On Feb 03
nazicartel:
rest. How old are you first ?... Eburu ozu onye ozo, onye ona emebeghi e che ma e bu okporo nku
I am older than your elder brother. Don't assume everybody here speaks or understand Igbo language. If you want to engage me, write in English or at least pidgin. You guys like to show up too much in the east.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Have Not Received Any Salary In 2 Yrs, My Wife Has No Official Car - Soludo / Buhari, Jonathan Send Joint Economic Team To World Bank Spring Conference / Corruption Case Against Sylva Withdrawn (ex-bayelsa Governor)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.