Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,224 members, 7,829,372 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

Should Church Instrumentalists And Singers Be Paid? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Church Instrumentalists And Singers Be Paid? (11671 Views)

Should Church Music Instrumentalists Be Paid For Their Duties? / Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments / Mike Bamiloye Exposes Church Instrumentalists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Church Instrumentalists And Singers Be Paid? by ekelebeXstunner: 2:08pm On Feb 04
Pay those people. You claim their reward is in heaven yet you choose to amass all the worldly wealth your hands can touch.
Re: Should Church Instrumentalists And Singers Be Paid? by MT: 2:32pm On Feb 04
ebubeson:
If an instrumentalist or drummer or singer is a full-time staff of the church; and employee of the church; such a person must be paid. It is just like working in a bank. The church is his or her office, so such a person must be paid.

It is wrong to ask for payment when you are a member of a church and still get your source of livelihood elsewhere. You cannot be working in the bank, a company etc, and still tell your pastor to pay you because you are a drummer, instrumentalist, etc. Does it mean you cannot help God's house without being paid?

Should Nigeria pastors collect tithes on behalf of the Levites?

How do they remit our tithes to the Levites?

By using it to fund their expensive lifestyle?

1 Like

Re: Should Church Instrumentalists And Singers Be Paid? by Yankee101: 3:03pm On Feb 04
If the pastor gets paid and they’re on stage everytime he’s on stage and the church can afford it, please do

Imagine the economy, some will transport far away and come for practice several times a week and leave school or work with an empty stomach

Playing instruments and singing takes a lot of energy, time, practice and dedication

But most importantly if you’re ok, please render it as a service to God free of charge and forget local politics

If the pastor has church provide food and drinks and transport and accommodation and allowances for him to function and leaves these boys and girls hungry by his own or elders command, it is sheer wickedness

The Bible way in the Old Testament and early church New Testament was why you brought your tithes and offering to church so there will be food plenty in God’s house for EVERYONE to eat not just the pastor. That includes the members and choir. Remember Ananayas and Saphira. Everyone sold everything they had and pooled it together and became one strong team as there was no single person anymore with a need in the entire church because ALL needs were met, not just the pastor’s needs.

The Bible says even the cow harvesting in the field should be allowed to eat as it works inside the field without hinderance. How much more of a human being?

Deuteronomy 25:4
Do not muzzle an ox while it is treading out the grain.

Malachi 3:10
Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the LORD Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.

1 Like

Re: Should Church Instrumentalists And Singers Be Paid? by bameyi(m): 3:03pm On Feb 04
Pastors, instrumentalists and other workers in the vineyards of God are workers in God's house. If the pastor is getting any form of remuneration from the house of God, other workers should also. Just my take.

1 Like

Re: Should Church Instrumentalists And Singers Be Paid? by FFIA: 3:58pm On Feb 04
CoolAmbience:

Black people matter don taya me, wallahi.

Would Church be Church without instrumentalists, singers and others?

They should be paid irrespective of whether they have other livelihoods. Except ofcourse they decide it to be a willful, voluntary service.

Exactly
Re: Should Church Instrumentalists And Singers Be Paid? by praisecity(m): 4:04pm On Feb 04
ebubeson:
If an instrumentalist or drummer or singer is a full-time staff of the church; and employee of the church; such a person must be paid. It is just like working in a bank. The church is his or her office, so such a person must be paid.

It is wrong to ask for payment when you are a member of a church and still get your source of livelihood elsewhere. You cannot be working in the bank, a company etc, and still tell your pastor to pay you because you are a drummer, instrumentalist, etc. Does it mean you cannot help God's house without being paid?

You guys should knw that playing is a career,
One of the things that bring growth to church is through music and church need to invest in it, some ppl can leave ur church because of bad music production and sound. Even if u are not paying them appreciate them once in a while. Am a driver on monthly salary and I also play keyboard for church for monthly payment. And they are enjoying my services.

1 Like

Re: Should Church Instrumentalists And Singers Be Paid? by BJanta: 4:40pm On Feb 04
‭‭1 Timothy‬ ‭5:17‭-‬18‬ ‭NLT‬‬
[17] Elders who do their work well should be respected and paid well, especially those who work hard at both preaching and teaching. [18] For the Scripture says, “You must not muzzle an ox to keep it from eating as it treads out the grain.” And in another place, “Those who work deserve their pay!”
https://bible.com/bible/116/1ti.5.17.NLT

‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭9:7‭-‬10‬ ‭NLT‬‬

[7] What soldier has to pay his own expenses? What farmer plants a vineyard and doesn’t have the right to eat some of its fruit? What shepherd cares for a flock of sheep and isn’t allowed to drink some of the milk? [8] Am I expressing merely a human opinion, or does the law say the same thing? [9] For the law of Moses says, “You must not muzzle an ox to keep it from eating as it treads out the grain.” Was God thinking only about oxen when he said this? [10] Wasn’t he actually speaking to us? Yes, it was written for us, so that the one who plows and the one who threshes the grain might both expect a share of the harvest.

https://bible.com/bible/116/1co.9.7.NLT
Re: Should Church Instrumentalists And Singers Be Paid? by tioyoung(m): 4:53pm On Feb 04
ebubeson:

It is wrong to ask for payment when you are a member of a church and still get your source of livelihood elsewhere. You cannot be working in the bank, a company etc, and still tell your pastor to pay you because you are a

drummer, instrumentalist, etc. Does it mean you cannot help God's house without being paid?

The pastor of my church a well to do man of God refused to pay instrumentalist but often reminds us of a guy who is being paid large sum to play in Christ embassy.
So who is deceiving who

1 Like

Re: Should Church Instrumentalists And Singers Be Paid? by jm361168: 6:12pm On Feb 04
see Below

Re: Should Church Instrumentalists And Singers Be Paid? by Youlins: 6:18pm On Feb 04
No. They are rendering services to God and man. Such services attracts rewards also from man and God
Re: Should Church Instrumentalists And Singers Be Paid? by Big2bore(m): 6:40pm On Feb 04
For Those who do it for business will receive rewards from the church and those who do it for God receive their reward from God. It's a matter of choice.
Re: Should Church Instrumentalists And Singers Be Paid? by Gyarah: 7:58pm On Feb 04
Jesus said:
Freely ye received, freely give!
After all, every good and perfect gift comes from above.
Re: Should Church Instrumentalists And Singers Be Paid? by target100: 10:00pm On Feb 04
If the pastor gets paid then there's no reason not to pay the others. Let it be his own will if he wants towork for free.
ebubeson:

Re: Should Church Instrumentalists And Singers Be Paid? by Akuruoulo(m): 10:25pm On Feb 04
ebubeson:

Pastors are paid
Why wouldn't they be paid?

1 Like

Re: Should Church Instrumentalists And Singers Be Paid? by haconjy(m): 11:26pm On Feb 04
Church na business centre? As an instrumentalist who plays almost all instruments, drum set, talking drum, keyboard, sax and sing, I am telling you it's very wrong to pay any instrumentalist. The worst is that they are the ones even asking to be paid. It's a work of God even if you see your pastor or leader as someone who spends all in the church, still it's God's work.

Sometimes your payments may be as a result of transport fare, or any other but still, It's God's works
Re: Should Church Instrumentalists And Singers Be Paid? by Lingudy(m): 7:44pm On Feb 05
bigl:

grin grin grin grin savage response ....
Evening to you sir. Please because of God help me too. Please I'm on my knees sir. I'm in school right now but I don't have anything with me. My parent is yet to reach out. Please I beg you to help me with 1k so I can get something to eat. Hunger with headache are after my life rn. Please sir 1k will go alot by feeding me during this time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

First Seven (7) Best Nigerian Men Of God Starting 4rm D Best. / Is Bill Gate a Muslim or a Christian? / In Whose Name Do Atheist Swear In Court?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.