Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Nothing Matters More Than This!!! - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nothing Matters More Than This!!! (25038 Views)

The End Matters More / Chinaza Favor, "All that matters" a beautiful song / Open Heaven Daily Devotional(sun. 31/12/2017) Your Location Matters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nothing Matters More Than This!!! by Reallife17: 11:24pm On Feb 25
blahc007:

When you become born again, you receive the life of God (zoe)...that's the life that places you at an advantage in this world...when you pray by the revelation of what you have received, your answers are sure....

How does that life place me at an advantage? If I was born into a rich family I will understand. What do you think it’s the essence of life if I may ask ?
Re: Nothing Matters More Than This!!! by blahc007: 6:03am On Feb 26
Reallife17:
How does that life place me at an advantage? If I was born into a rich family I will understand. What do you think it’s the essence of life if I may ask ?

How does that life place you at an advantage if you are born into a rich family?

Good question.

The real blessing God gave us is his life in us through Christ not money....

You will know the essence of the life you received when your money fails...because money will fail at some point....this, you know

Influence will fail at some point ...this you also know.

Financial wealth is good, but very limited...this you know as well.

There are many things your physical wealth can't give you....that's when you deploy your spiritual wealth, if you have one and know how to use it.

In summary, life is more spiritual than physical, live your life daily with this in mind.

No.2 question....what's the essence of Life...?

My brother, impact your world positively...I believe thats what life is designed to be. Live and die for it.

For a born again believer, kingdom advancement is our priority.
Influencing men with the kingdom message and showing forth the realness of it practically.

That's why when we preach this kingdom message, we demonstrate it by showing the power thereof...by laying on of hands to heal the sick, feeding the hungry, leading people out of the darkness of poverty etc.

This is the essence of life for a believer....and that's what we live and die for.

I don't know if I answered you well or did I miss anything sir
Re: Nothing Matters More Than This!!! by okoroemeka(m): 6:10am On Feb 26
PotatoSalad:
Well. Heaven or Hell, it doesn't matter.
Just live a life worth emulating, and the most beautiful thing about it is that you don't have to be religious to do that.
People tend to mistake being overly religious as being a good person.

Enjoy your life on Earth well well cos i doubt any of us reading this would still be around in 100 years.
And never limit your potential because someone told you that you're promised something or someplace better when you die. You weren't born to spend your entire life preparing for an afterlife
with the way Nigeria is going do you think a baby born today will still be around in 100 years?if you look closely at the sheer scale of the universe you will see that the concept of a God is very tiny,the universe is God itself
Re: Nothing Matters More Than This!!! by Matrix137(m): 9:54am On Feb 26
hakeem4:
first of all a theory can never ever become a law. Gravity is a theory and a law. Same way evolution is a fact and the theory of evolution is called natural selection

Do you really want to learn? Or you are just asking for asking sake?

Let me know so i don't waste my time in responding to your post.
Re: Nothing Matters More Than This!!! by Matrix137(m): 9:58am On Feb 26
mytym:

I love that part.
The kingdom of this world will become the Kingdom of our Lord and of His Christ.

The chaos in this world will keep increasing, the pain and suffering will not end until the Kingdom of God is established here on Earth.

God bless you bro..
succinctly put!

God bless you too bro smiley

1 Like

Re: Nothing Matters More Than This!!! by Matrix137(m): 10:02am On Feb 26
Geovanni412:

Very well, bro

Issue of peace and Islam is not a question that can be answered.

Changing one aspect of the present could create a chain of events and who knows what the consequence of these events will be.

Example: Hitler's actions towards the Jews was evil but at the same time, it is the effect of the second world war that weakened the imperial forces and made it easier for Africans to gain independence 15 years after.

Awaiting the second part of your answer

lol you have answered it all already.

I don't think you need my further explanation. Or do you?
Re: Nothing Matters More Than This!!! by Matrix137(m): 10:04am On Feb 26
Reallife17:

what is the benefit of following christ ?
Answered already in the OP
Re: Nothing Matters More Than This!!! by hakeem4(m): 10:04am On Feb 26
Matrix137:
Do you really want to learn? Or you are just asking for asking sake?

Let me know so i don't waste my time in responding to your post.
you want me to learn the difference between theory and law from you?
Re: Nothing Matters More Than This!!! by Matrix137(m): 10:19am On Feb 26
hakeem4:
you want me to learn the difference between theory and law from you?
Do you even understand what peer review is?

You just posted a random internet post and you expect me to take you seriously?
Re: Nothing Matters More Than This!!! by KINGKUTTER55: 1:06pm On Feb 26
sure LORD JESUS is the only WAY.......
Re: Nothing Matters More Than This!!! by hakeem4(m): 4:56pm On Feb 26
Matrix137:
Do you even understand what peer review is?

You just posted a random internet post and you expect me to take you seriously?
only on illiterate that thinks a theory becomes a law grin
Re: Nothing Matters More Than This!!! by AntiChristian: 6:04pm On Feb 26
PastorOlokonla:

People are free to believe whatever they want and it is not your place to crthe faith of others. That is why they are called beliefs with most having no basis in reality.

I love your argument sometimes but let me point out that you are a muslim religious bigot even if you dont realize.

Of course I agree with you and i didn't place any sword on anyone's neck here to accept Islam.
How am I a bigot?
Re: Nothing Matters More Than This!!! by AntiChristian: 6:09pm On Feb 26
BabbanBura:

May God almighty have mercy on your soul, may Jesus's Christ who you insult and ridicule lead you to the right path and may you live to testify to the new life that will come upon you!

Same Jesus Christ that said he can of his ownself do nothing in John 5:30?

He no get any power!

Even when he was a baby his parents had to carry him run away for the evil king!

They carry your God flee ooo! grin
Re: Nothing Matters More Than This!!! by AntiChristian: 6:11pm On Feb 26
BobbieZion:

The day I read the Qur'an.......I could not believe that a book that contains so much errors even by science and archaeology could be believed to be divine and followed strictly by over a billion people. In my quest to find answers I found the most shocking fairy tales told by Man as the word of God.

With all due respect to the Qur'an, Islam and Muslims. This is in no way to discredit what others believe.

Please take your time to read this books.
Knowledge is power.

I don't have the time to read such book!
But the Qur'an will only be understood by people of wisdom not fools!

Unlike some book that need a spirit to understand!
Re: Nothing Matters More Than This!!! by AntiChristian: 6:12pm On Feb 26
Pimine:

What is the salvation plan of allah? Is Mohammed not currently in hell? Oh you didn't know? Should I give you proof from your Koran and hadiths?

Now my question is if your allah didn't have a concrete plan of salvation for even his prophet Mohammed, what's the likelihood that you're not clutching at straws in the name of serving your allah?

You are just too ignorant!
What was the salvation plan for Adam, Noah, Moses, Abraham, etc?

Bring your proofs and lies make we expose you as a Christian liar!
Re: Nothing Matters More Than This!!! by PastorOlokonla: 6:20pm On Feb 26
AntiChristian:

Of course I agree with you and i didn't place any sword on anyone's neck here to accept Islam.
How am I a bigot?

Because you are always attacking the faith of others and projecting your faith to be the best. You are not different from the Christians that attack other religion.

Live and lets live. People will always believe whatever they want and tat is why it is a "believe" in the first place.
Re: Nothing Matters More Than This!!! by Pimine: 6:27pm On Feb 26
AntiChristian:

You are just too ignorant!
What was the salvation plan for Adam, Noah, Moses, Abraham, etc?

Bring your proofs and lies make we expose you as a Christian liar!
Well, I'm not gonna engage you as I can sense that you're deeply rooted in your lies. All I can tell you is that unlike Mohammed the rapist and incestuous false prophet, Adam, Noah, Moses and Abraham are not currently in hell gnashing their teeth and slamming their heads on the ground.
Re: Nothing Matters More Than This!!! by AntiChristian: 6:29pm On Feb 26
Pimine:

Well, I'm not gonna engage you as I can sense that you're deeply rooted in your lies. All I can tell you is that unlike Mohammed the rapist and incestuous false prophet, Adam, Noah, Moses and Abraham are not currently in hell gnashing their teeth and slamming their heads on the ground.

Na your pastor see am in hell?

Where is your grandfather? He see am?
Re: Nothing Matters More Than This!!! by Pimine: 6:32pm On Feb 26
AntiChristian:

Na your pastor see am in hell?

Where is your grandfather? He see am?
You want me to show you proof in your Quran and Hadiths?
Re: Nothing Matters More Than This!!! by AntiChristian: 7:21pm On Feb 26
Pimine:

You want me to show you proof in your Quran and Hadiths?

Bring the false interpretation here make we thrash your falsehood!
Re: Nothing Matters More Than This!!! by Birniwa(m): 1:14am On Feb 27
ShoeGetSize:

Why does allah call himself Al Warith "The Inheritor"?

And certainly We! We it is Who give life, and cause death, and We are THE HEIRS. Surah 15:23

Who left an inheritance for allah? Is it the same person that allah prays to?

First thing first, The Quranic text is in Arabic language and as one of the dumbest disbelievers that you are, which I come across on this forum, you don't even know how to say the word "come" in the language the Quran was revealed - which is Arabic let alone feel comfortable in creating shambles which have no ground.

As it stands today, there are at least no less than 15 globally accepted and renowned books on Quranic Exegesis and about 30+ other ones on the meaning of translation of Quran written in English language alone. When you read the Quran and do not understand the meanings (because of hatred and intense hypocrisy) why don't you refer to these books for clarity to save yourself a disgrace on a public forum like this?

Meaning of Quran 15:23

I'll l quote the meaning of Quran 15:23 as written by Yusuf Ali, a renowned Muslim cleric on the translation of the meaning of Quranic verses in English language.

And verily, it is We Who give life, and Who give death: it is We Who remain inheritors (after all else passes away).

Did you see what Yusuf Ali added in brackets? "after all else passes away" that's the understanding of all Muslims all over the world - not what an inferior kaafir like yourself selfishly and egotistically thinks it should be. I'll further break down the meaning below.

In Islam and even in Christianity, there will be the last day on this earth - the day of judgment which every soul shall die and no one will remain on the surface of the planet. Allah was referring to this day where He said that He gives life and causes death. On the last part of the verse where He added that He will be the inheritor of the earth which is an idiomatic expression, meaning that He will take back the planet earth to Himself (He will be the only one in charge of it) after He causes death to every soul on its surface. Quran is full of Idiomatic Expressions that's why there are over 15 globally accepted books on Quranic Exegesis to further expatiate its meanings.

Again, this is not the only verse where Allah mentioned that He will inherit the earth after every soul on its surface has perished . Refer to Quran 19:40 and I quote the verse below:

It is We Who will inherit the earth, and all beings thereon: to Us will they all be returned.

The two quoted verses above are in different chapters of the Quran but they all literally have the same meaning - everything on the surface of the earth will perish and return to Allah for accountability of their deeds and only Allah alone will be in charge of the earth - hence its inheritor.

So next time when you feel that you want to disgrace yourself on a public forum for gross ignorance and illiteracy, please do it on a low key. Just because you're too dumb to understand something, that doesn't mean it's as exactly what your shallow mind depicts it to be.
Re: Nothing Matters More Than This!!! by TruthHurts1(m): 11:43am On Feb 27
You still haven't explained why allah is an heir who receives an inheritance from others.

Over and over and over again, allah describes himself as inheriting the property of human beings! We're talking about things such as houses and jewellery. Why would an all powerful god like allah need to inherit the property of human beings?

Why is allah receiving an inheritance from his own creations?

And certainly We! We it is Who give life, and cause death, and We are THE HEIRS. Surah 15:23

But as for those who are niggardly with the bounty God has given them, let them not suppose it is better for them; nay, it is worse for them; that they were niggardly with they shall have hung about their necks on the Resurrection Day; and to God belongs the inheritance of the heavens and earth; and God is aware of the things you do.

Surah. 3:180

Lo! We, only We, inherit the earth and all who are thereon, and unto Us they are returned.

Surah 19:40

Allah is even called the best of those who inherit!

And Zachariah, when he cried unto his Lord: My Lord! Leave me not childless, though Thou art the Best of inheritors.

Surah 21:89

The obvious questions to ask at this point are, from whom exactly does Allah inherit and what exactly is he inheriting? More importantly, why is Allah inheriting anything at all if he already possesses all things?

These next texts provide the answer to the first two questions:

Nay, but We shall record that which he saith and prolong for him a span of torment. And We shall inherit from him that whereof he spake, and he will come unto Us, alone (without his wealth and children).

Surah 19:79-80

And how many a community have We destroyed that was thankless for its means of livelihood! And yonder are their dwellings, which have not been inhabited after them save a little. And We, even We, were the inheritors

Surah 28:58

Birniwa:

First thing first, The Quranic text is in Arabic language and as one of the dumbest disbelievers that you are, which I come across on this forum, you don't even know how to say the word "come" in the language the Quran was revealed - which is Arabic let alone feel comfortable in creating shambles which have no ground.

As it stands today, there are at least no less than 15 globally accepted and renowned books on Quranic Exegesis and about 30+ other ones on the meaning of translation of Quran written in English language alone. When you read the Quran and do not understand the meanings (because of hatred and intense hypocrisy) why don't you refer to these books for clarity to save yourself a disgrace on a public forum like this?

Meaning of Quran 15:23

I'll l quote the meaning of Quran 15:23 as written by Yusuf Ali, a renowned Muslim cleric on the translation of the meaning of Quranic verses in English language.

And verily, it is We Who give life, and Who give death: it is We Who remain inheritors (after all else passes away).

Did you see what Yusuf Ali added in brackets? "after all else passes away" that's the understanding of all Muslims all over the world - not what an inferior kaafir like yourself selfishly and egotistically thinks it should be. I'll further break down the meaning below.

In Islam and even in Christianity, there will be the last day on this earth - the day of judgment which every soul shall die and no one will remain on the surface of the planet. Allah was referring to this day where He said that He gives life and causes death. On the last part of the verse where He added that He will be the inheritor of the earth which is an idiomatic expression, meaning that He will take back the planet earth to Himself (He will be the only one in charge of it) after He causes death to every soul on its surface. Quran is full of Idiomatic Expressions that's why there are over 15 globally accepted books on Quranic Exegesis to further expatiate its meanings.

Again, this is not the only verse where Allah mentioned that He will inherit the earth after every soul on its surface has perished . Refer to Quran 19:40 and I quote the verse below:

It is We Who will inherit the earth, and all beings thereon: to Us will they all be returned.

The two quoted verses above are in different chapters of the Quran but they all literally have the same meaning - everything on the surface of the earth will perish and return to Allah for accountability of their deeds and only Allah alone will be in charge of the earth - hence its inheritor.

So next time when you feel that you want to disgrace yourself on a public forum for gross ignorance and illiteracy, please do it on a low key. Just because you're too dumb to understand something, that doesn't mean it's as exactly what your shallow mind depicts it to be.
Re: Nothing Matters More Than This!!! by Reallife17: 6:27pm On Feb 27
blahc007:

How does that life place you at an advantage if you are born into a rich family?

Good question.

The real blessing God gave us is his life in us through Christ not money....

You will know the essence of the life you received when your money fails...because money will fail at some point....this, you know

Influence will fail at some point ...this you also know.

Financial wealth is good, but very limited...this you know as well.

There are many things your physical wealth can't give you....that's when you deploy your spiritual wealth, if you have one and know how to use it.

In summary, life is more spiritual than physical, live your life daily with this in mind.

No.2 question....what's the essence of Life...?

My brother, impact your world positively...I believe thats what life is designed to be. Live and die for it.

For a born again believer, kingdom advancement is our priority.
Influencing men with the kingdom message and showing forth the realness of it practically.

That's why when we preach this kingdom message, we demonstrate it by showing the power thereof...by laying on of hands to heal the sick, feeding the hungry, leading people out of the darkness of poverty etc.

This is the essence of life for a believer....and that's what we live and die for.

I don't know if I answered you well or did I miss anything sir

But to be honest I have no intrest in those just to get wealthy and live well is my aim. Even the heaven self, we never live this life finish you dey talk about another one na wah oh.. most of the benefits you said I don't fancy them money is still more important than those.. You all make it look as if when you accept christ you have more peace than unbelievers and what else? It's a delusion on your part
Re: Nothing Matters More Than This!!! by blahc007: 8:20pm On Feb 27
Reallife17:
But to be honest I have no intrest in those just to get wealthy and live well is my aim. Even the heaven self, we never live this life finish you dey talk about another one na wah oh.. most of the benefits you said I don't fancy them money is still more important than those.. You all make it look as if when you accept christ you have more peace than unbelievers and what else? It's a delusion on your part
One beautiful thing about life: CHOICE....CHOICE ....CHOICE AND CHOICE...

even God can't fight you because of your choice....devil sef no get mind put body wen u make your choice..

I have made my choice, you have made yours....live and let live...

One love

1 Like

Re: Nothing Matters More Than This!!! by Birniwa(m): 9:24pm On Feb 27
TruthHurts1:
You still haven't explained why allah is an heir who receives an inheritance from others.

Over and over and over again, allah describes himself as inheriting the property of human beings! We're talking about things such as houses and jewellery. Why would an all powerful god like allah need to inherit the property of human beings?

This is literally same meaning everywhere in the Quran where the clause 'inheritor of all things' comes.

Why is allah receiving an inheritance from his own creations?

And certainly We! We it is Who give life, and cause death, and We are THE HEIRS. Surah 15:23

But as for those who are niggardly with the bounty God has given them, let them not suppose it is better for them; nay, it is worse for them; that they were niggardly with they shall have hung about their necks on the Resurrection Day; and to God belongs the inheritance of the heavens and earth; and God is aware of the things you do.

Surah. 3:180

Lo! We, only We, inherit the earth and all who are thereon, and unto Us they are returned.

Surah 19:40

Allah is even called the best of those who inherit!

And Zachariah, when he cried unto his Lord: My Lord! Leave me not childless, though Thou art the Best of inheritors.

Surah 21:89

The obvious questions to ask at this point are, from whom exactly does Allah inherit and what exactly is he inheriting? More importantly, why is Allah inheriting anything at all if he already possesses all things?

These next texts provide the answer to the first two questions:

Nay, but We shall record that which he saith and prolong for him a span of torment. And We shall inherit from him that whereof he spake, and he will come unto Us, alone (without his wealth and children).

Surah 19:79-80

And how many a community have We destroyed that was thankless for its means of livelihood! And yonder are their dwellings, which have not been inhabited after them save a little. And We, even We, were the inheritors

I tried my best to educate you on the miracles of Quran but you are still in deliberate denial of the facts before you even though, I'm 100% sure you know that your allegations are nothing but gross BS.

I'll still do it again here so others reading this will know that logic and grammar in the Quran are correct and will always be.

In all the verses where Allah described Himself as the inheritor of all this, these two terms 'life and death' come first. Why didn't you allege that Allah was inheriting life or death from people? But instead, out of ignorance and because inheriting life or death doesn't make sense, you decided to fabricate a lie that Allah was inheriting humans physical properties - things not even mentioned in all the verses.

First thing, you identified Allah as inheriting humans property such as houses and jewelleries. This only describes you as an infidel of the highest order with only one intent, spreading mischievous based on false allegations. Or can you bring one Quranic verse where Allah said He would inherit humans properties including those nonsense you mentioned above? You can't because there is none.

Why Does Allah Describe Himself as Inheritor (Alwarith)?

Quran 15:23

In simple terms, when you inherit something from someone, you're simply possessing their properties back to yourself after they die. (Can you see in the above verse where Allah said He gives life and causes death then He inherits the earth? ) In this context, Allah is clearly showing us that when people die, He would take back everything He has given them while they're alive - Hence inheriting them back to him, metaphorically not in literal meaning.

We all know that this is a metaphorical statement which means that Allah is not physically inheriting anything from humans - it just means that when people die, they are not going into their graves with even a piece of dress let alone any worldly things they acquired while alive. Everyone when they die, have given up everything they possess - hence Allah Has the ultimate ownership of all things because everything returns to him as the earth finally comes to an end. For this same reason, He is the inheritor of all things as everything goes back to him, not in literal meaning but as metaphorical one.

This same explanation is what all Islamic scholars on Quranic Exegesis have given out for all the verses where Allah as being the inheritor appears. If you have trouble comprehending basic Quranic science, did not mean you have the right to change its literal meaning for your own selfish interest. Quran is not like your bible.
Re: Nothing Matters More Than This!!! by TruthHurts1(m): 10:32am On Feb 28
Allah doesn't just describe himself as the inheritor of life and death.

He also describes himself as the inheritor of properties belonging to people who are ungrateful to him!

Why is allah waiting for these poor people to die so he can inheritor their dwellings and means of livelihood?

Also the koran says allah is the inheritor of both life and death, but why would he need to inherit these things if they already belong to him in the first place?

The whole thing doesn't make any sense and your scholars have lied to you.

Birniwa:

I tried my best to educate you on the miracles of Quran but you are still in deliberate denial of the facts before you even though, I'm 100% sure you know that your allegations are nothing but gross BS.

I'll still do it again here so others reading this will know that logic and grammar in the Quran are correct and will always be.

In all the verses where Allah described Himself as the inheritor of all this, these two terms 'life and death' come first. Why didn't you allege that Allah was inheriting life or death from people? But instead, out of ignorance and because inheriting life or death doesn't make sense, you decided to fabricate a lie that Allah was inheriting humans physical properties - things not even mentioned in all the verses.

First thing, you identified Allah as inheriting humans property such as houses and jewelleries. This only describes you as an infidel of the highest order with only one intent, spreading mischievous based on false allegations. Or can you bring one Quranic verse where Allah said He would inherit humans properties including those nonsense you mentioned above? You can't because there is none.

Why Does Allah Describe Himself as Inheritor (Alwarith)?

Quran 15:23

In simple terms, when you inherit something from someone, you're simply possessing their properties back to yourself after they die. (Can you see in the above verse where Allah said He gives life and causes death then He inherits the earth? ) In this context, Allah is clearly showing us that when people die, He would take back everything He has given them while they're alive - Hence inheriting them back to him, metaphorically not in literal meaning.

We all know that this is a metaphorical statement which means that Allah is not physically inheriting anything from humans - it just means that when people die, they are not going into their graves with even a piece of dress let alone any worldly things they acquired while alive. Everyone when they die, have given up everything they possess - hence Allah Has the ultimate ownership of all things because everything returns to him as the earth finally comes to an end. For this same reason, He is the inheritor of all things as everything goes back to him, not in literal meaning but as metaphorical one.

Of course the koran can never be anywhere near the Bible even if you wait for all eternity, a 7th century forgery by an illiterate armed robber will never come close to the original master piece called the Bible which is full of wisdom that surpasses human understanding.

That is why the God of the Bible doesn't mince words or beat about the bush when it comes to describing who owns the earth:

Exodus 19:5: “All the earth is Mine.”

Deuteronomy 10:14: “Behold, to the LORD your God belong heaven and the highest heavens, the earth and all that is in it.”

Job 41:11: “Whatever is under the whole heaven is Mine.”

Our God is the owner, not the heir who is waiting for the owner to die!

This same explanation is what all Islamic scholars on Quranic Exegesis have given out for all the verses where Allah as being the inheritor appears. If you have trouble comprehending basic Quranic science, did not mean you have the right to change its literal meaning for your own selfish interest. Quran is not like your bible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion / The Day I Faced Police Brutality For Preaching The Gospel On The Street Of Abuja / Modele Fatoyinbo, Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Wife Celebrates Her Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.