Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,228 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

If You're A Civil Servant & Your Children Are Abroad, You're A Thief- PST Sarah - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If You're A Civil Servant & Your Children Are Abroad, You're A Thief- PST Sarah (23276 Views)

I'm A Muslim, My 2 Wives Are Christians, My Children Are Confused - Asari Dokubo / Why You Shouldn't Lose Your Virginity To Premarital Sex Even If You're A Sinner / Apostle Suleman Speaks On His Preferred Candidate: 'Thief Better Than A Killer' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You're A Civil Servant & Your Children Are Abroad, You're A Thief- PST Sarah by Fearurcreeator: 8:27pm On Feb 05
Righthussle:
Christian civil servants who get promoted easily are criminals but pulpit bandits who own luxurious cars and private jets are what ?

Guys stop giving these pulpit bandits your hard earned money. Whoever or whatever made the universe will NEVER EVER EVER NEVER need your money for A N Y T H I N G whatsoever.

Any man who tells you he works for the maker of the universe is a thief. He works for his stomach. He must one day tell you the "all-sufficient " god he works for needs your money. The being behind the existence of the universe is not a human like Dangote, Elon Musk or Tinubu that will need workers and money. Wise up

Civil servants dey steal no be small
Re: If You're A Civil Servant & Your Children Are Abroad, You're A Thief- PST Sarah by patorial(m): 8:30pm On Feb 05
With the number of people here nodding to what the woman said, I know will will still high numbers people living low life 20 years to come.

Being a civil servant can still be one of the multiple source of income, someone with high Financial Quotient could have.
Re: If You're A Civil Servant & Your Children Are Abroad, You're A Thief- PST Sarah by Biodun556(m): 8:54pm On Feb 05
Odidigboigbo:
That is not true.
How about their salaries scale, are they the same?

It is the same thing
Re: If You're A Civil Servant & Your Children Are Abroad, You're A Thief- PST Sarah by Abee79(m): 9:13pm On Feb 05
What cadre of "Civil Servants" was she referring to? There are some senior Executives who have paid their "dues" and can easily afford to send their children to any school in the world . . . but what do I know? 😓
Re: If You're A Civil Servant & Your Children Are Abroad, You're A Thief- PST Sarah by Advancedman(m): 9:15pm On Feb 05
brain54:
This isn't true...

I didn't watch the video... But going by the headline.

False and disrespectful.

They are top management level civil servants who have worked hard and honestly for years (some upwards of 25 - 30 years) and have been able acquire modest property and send their wards to be educated in other parts of the world. Not because the money they have is in abundance but some go as far as acquiring loans.

You can't tell me a top level manager at NNPC for instance must steal before acquiring property or sending his kids to study abroad. Especially if he has worked and saved deligently for a considerable period of time.

This statement is quite a disrespect and discouragement to honest and hardworking civil servants... Especially the young and up coming ones looking to make a career out of the civil service!

You just don't get it.
Re: If You're A Civil Servant & Your Children Are Abroad, You're A Thief- PST Sarah by Tzar(m): 9:24pm On Feb 05
Unfortunately, Nigerians ignore the real evil destroying them, i.e the civil servants in the FG, states & LGs.
Instead, they focus on politicians that are just 25% of the problem. Leaving civil servants that are 50% of the problem!
Re: If You're A Civil Servant & Your Children Are Abroad, You're A Thief- PST Sarah by DeOTR: 9:25pm On Feb 05
Biodun556:

It is not true

Many of them are earning over a million monthly legitimately
Let's even assume they're earning 2m monthly. That's enough to sponsor your wards to school abroad?
Re: If You're A Civil Servant & Your Children Are Abroad, You're A Thief- PST Sarah by Biodun556(m): 9:29pm On Feb 05
DeOTR:

Let's even assume they're earning 2m monthly. That's enough to sponsor your wards to school abroad?

They have access to loan
Re: If You're A Civil Servant & Your Children Are Abroad, You're A Thief- PST Sarah by JASONjnr(m): 9:40pm On Feb 05
brain54:
NNPC is a government agency...

Civil servants are hired public servants are elected!

Please don't say what you dont know.

Both civil servants and public servants in most cases are government workers.

Civil servants work in administrative offices.... While public servants works mostly for the public.

For instance, a civil servant could be someone serving in an office in a ministry, particularly in most departments. A public servant could be a teacher or a police officer.
Re: If You're A Civil Servant & Your Children Are Abroad, You're A Thief- PST Sarah by Hotice085: 10:34pm On Feb 05
brain54:
This isn't true...

False and disrespectful.

They are top management level civil servants who have worked hard and honestly for years (some upwards of 25 - 30 years) and have been able acquire modest property and send their wards to be educated in other parts of the world. Not because the money they have is in abundance but some go as far as acquiring loans.

You can't tell me a top level manager at NNPC for instance must steal before acquiring property or sending his kids to study abroad. Especially if he has worked and saved deligently for a considerable period of time.

This statement is quite a disrespect and discouragement to honest and hardworking civil servants... Especially the young and up coming ones looking to make a career out of the civil service!

Take it from me you are a crook
Re: If You're A Civil Servant & Your Children Are Abroad, You're A Thief- PST Sarah by Sheuns(m): 11:00pm On Feb 05
Biodun556:

She is talking rubbish. How much does she think level 16 and 17 civil servants are earning especially in Rivers, Lagos and federal?

Senior Civil servants in NNPC and some others will conveniently send their children abroad to school

A level 17 officer in Lagos civil service earns between 500-600k depending on parastatal. May be more in some agencies. But majority earn in that range.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You're A Civil Servant & Your Children Are Abroad, You're A Thief- PST Sarah by Sheuns(m): 11:04pm On Feb 05
Biodun556:

They have access to loan

The loans civil servants have access to is limited. There was a need that made rounds last week that a certain lecturer couldn’t access 5M Naira loan even though he has been working for over a decade.
Re: If You're A Civil Servant & Your Children Are Abroad, You're A Thief- PST Sarah by Kingson28: 11:05pm On Feb 05
[quote author=Righthussle post=128293501]Christian civil servants who get promoted easily are criminals but pulpit bandits who own luxurious cars and private jets are what ?

[b]
Guys stop giving these pulpit bandits your hard earned money. Whoever or whatever made the universe will NEVER EVER EVER NEVER need your money for A N Y T H I N G whatsoever.

Any man who tells you he works for the maker of the universe is a thief. He works for his stomach. He must one day tell you the "all-sufficient " god he works for needs your money. The being behind the existence of the universe is not a human like Dangote, Elon Musk or Tinubu that will need workers and money. Wise up

It’s obvious the hard fact pierced your evil heart.
Don’t distract or divert us from the valid point she made, you captive of Lucifer.
Re: If You're A Civil Servant & Your Children Are Abroad, You're A Thief- PST Sarah by wizelink(m): 1:26am On Feb 06
What do you call a pastor whose children have houses in Abuja and lagos and leave abroad?
Re: If You're A Civil Servant & Your Children Are Abroad, You're A Thief- PST Sarah by Greenfaces: 1:44am On Feb 06
Lifeinlight:
If it is government sponsored scholarship then we can easily assume they handpicked themselves not on merit. Unless it's a private scholarship
not every where though. The beneficiaries of kwonkqoso scholarships in kano state were the kids of common men. Many poor people got full scholarships abroad, knowing nobody and paying no dime
Re: If You're A Civil Servant & Your Children Are Abroad, You're A Thief- PST Sarah by Biodun556(m): 1:52am On Feb 06
Sheuns:

The loans civil servants have access to is limited. There was a need that made rounds last week that a certain lecturer couldn’t access 5M Naira loan even though he has been working for over a decade.

That lecturer is not telling the truth
Re: If You're A Civil Servant & Your Children Are Abroad, You're A Thief- PST Sarah by femi4: 7:13am On Feb 06
brain54:
This isn't true...

False and disrespectful.

Abeg, nnpc isn't part of the civil service
Re: If You're A Civil Servant & Your Children Are Abroad, You're A Thief- PST Sarah by allthingsgood: 9:40am On Feb 06
brain54:
This isn't true...

False and disrespectful.

NNPC is not civil service

However, I see no reason why civil servants shouldn’t take any opportunity they see to get a better life. You pay a married man with children 50k per month and u expect that if he gets chance at the budget, he shouldn’t take? This pastors hypocrisy is disgusting.

Laslas after slaving away for 35years in service, 90% of retired civil servants return to the ministry to beg.
Re: If You're A Civil Servant & Your Children Are Abroad, You're A Thief- PST Sarah by MeineMutter: 9:49am On Feb 06
Obierika:

Staff of NNPC are not civil servants!

Who are they?
You think only those sitting on secretariat are called civil servants?
Chai! Education is not a sca.m.

Anybody working for government and the purpose of his or her work is to satisfy the civil society (you and I) is called a civil servant.

So far you are being paid from our commonwealth (the wealth that belongs to you and I), you are a civil servant no matter how big or fine or modern your office is. No matter how far your salary is, you are civil servants.

Astronauts who work for government ( not private like SpaceX o) like NASA are civil servants. For the fact that astronauts don’t sit in secretariats and carrying dirty and torn files around don’t mean they are not civil servants.

Take some learning man and those liking your comments.
Re: If You're A Civil Servant & Your Children Are Abroad, You're A Thief- PST Sarah by Okoroawusa: 10:22am On Feb 06
brain54:
This isn't true...

False and disrespectful.

Bro let's be frank to ourselves. The Nigerian civil service is the most corrupt in the world
Re: If You're A Civil Servant & Your Children Are Abroad, You're A Thief- PST Sarah by Okoroawusa: 10:27am On Feb 06
MeineMutter:

Who are they?
You think only those sitting on secretariat are called civil servants?
Chai! Education is not a sca.m.

Anybody working for government and the purpose of his or her work is to satisfy the civil society (you and I) is called a civil servant.

So far you are being paid from our commonwealth (the wealth that belongs to you and I), you are a civil servant no matter how big or fine or modern your office is. No matter how far your salary is, you are civil servants.

Astronauts who work for government ( not private like SpaceX o) like NASA are civil servants. For the fact that astronauts don’t sit in secretariats and carrying dirty and torn files around don’t mean they are not civil servants.

Take some learning man and those liking your comments.
NNPC workers are not civil servants. They are public servants. Those working in public corporations and security agencies like police, army and co are called public servants.
I believe you didn't study Government, Civic Education or Economics in secondary school
Re: If You're A Civil Servant & Your Children Are Abroad, You're A Thief- PST Sarah by MeineMutter: 10:34am On Feb 06
Okoroawusa:

NNPC workers are not civil servants. They are public servants. Those working in public corporations and security agencies like police, army and co are called public servants.
I believe you didn't study Government, Civic Education or Economics in secondary school

Olodo ni e.

Your civic teacher too is Olodo

You don’t know what they cal pubic corporation or public company. That’s different from public servants.
Public servants and civil servants are the same thing.

Anybody working for government is a civil servant.
Re: If You're A Civil Servant & Your Children Are Abroad, You're A Thief- PST Sarah by PARADIZEPRIEST: 12:25pm On Feb 06
THIS IS ABSOLUTELY TRUE.
SAME THING WITH PUBLIC SERVANTS.
HOW MUCH IS THEIR SALARIES. angry
Re: If You're A Civil Servant & Your Children Are Abroad, You're A Thief- PST Sarah by Odidigboigbo(m): 12:55pm On Feb 06
Biodun556:

It is the same thing
I leave you with your blind ignorance. So someone in CBN with someone that works with ministry of education or a prison warder in the same grade earns the same salary right?
Re: If You're A Civil Servant & Your Children Are Abroad, You're A Thief- PST Sarah by soccerlite: 3:10pm On Feb 06
Are this are sensational preaching

She should vet all the money in her church
Re: If You're A Civil Servant & Your Children Are Abroad, You're A Thief- PST Sarah by t2luv1: 4:35pm On Feb 06
Obierika:

Staff of NNPC are not civil servants!

Ignorance is freaking disease staff of NNPC are civil servants. They all work for a government entity okay. When a manager at NNPC buys a house or freaking built a house he must have been stealing. Forensic accounting can bear this out.
Re: If You're A Civil Servant & Your Children Are Abroad, You're A Thief- PST Sarah by Image123(m): 7:36pm On Feb 06
Really, that's naive to be polite. Did the exchange rate just start today? There are people who save and live within their means, who have worked for decades also. People also do all kinds of contributions and cooperation, asides the usual loans and years of bank savings for kids.
Re: If You're A Civil Servant & Your Children Are Abroad, You're A Thief- PST Sarah by Love800(m): 10:04am On Feb 07
Hello.
Defiine civil service and define parastatals pls?
Gboom:

I think she was referring to civil servants not parastatals.
If you consider the salary scale of these civil servants including their ogas at the top, it cannot sponsor their children education abroad
Re: If You're A Civil Servant & Your Children Are Abroad, You're A Thief- PST Sarah by Love800(m): 10:09am On Feb 07
Dis is wrong.
Public servants earn more than civil servants.
How then will a public servant be a teacher who earns low?

Example of public servants are the NNPC etc..
JASONjnr:

Please don't say what you dont know.

Both civil servants and public servants in most cases are government workers.

Civil servants work in administrative offices.... While public servants works mostly for the public.

For instance, a civil servant could be someone serving in an office in a ministry, particularly in most departments. A public servant could be a teacher or a police officer.
Re: If You're A Civil Servant & Your Children Are Abroad, You're A Thief- PST Sarah by JASONjnr(m): 12:19pm On Feb 07
Love800:
Dis is wrong.
Public servants earn more than civil servants.
How then will a public servant be a teacher who earns low?

Example of public servants are the NNPC etc..

Even within civil servants, some earn less and some warn more.

Just understand that, public servants are civil servants, but not all civil servants are public servants.

Civil servant is mostly related to government paid workers.
Re: If You're A Civil Servant & Your Children Are Abroad, You're A Thief- PST Sarah by Love800(m): 3:01pm On Feb 07
Okay.
Nice
JASONjnr:

Even within civil servants, some earn less and some warn more.

Just understand that, public servants are civil servants, but not all civil servants are public servants.

Civil servant is mostly related to government paid workers.
Re: If You're A Civil Servant & Your Children Are Abroad, You're A Thief- PST Sarah by BennyDGreat: 11:29pm On Feb 07
Biodun556:

She has no point

Some civil servants are earning good Salary. What of those working in CBN, NNPC, Nigeria communication commission etc they earn millions monthly

You can't say she has no point.
CBN, NNPC Vs University Lecturer,federal ministry...their allowance is far different yet they work for federal government.....

She has a point but it doesn't cover every civil servant as some may have businesses or inheritance or some other legit venture but they are surely 5% of the population

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

For All The Friends And Foes Of Rosicrusian Order(amorc) / How A Christian Can Be Free From Condemnation After Committing Sexual Sins / COVID-19: Oyakhilome Foundation Supports Lagos Govt With Food Items

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.