Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,487 members, 7,816,153 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

How Much Is Bag Of Cement In Your Area? - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Much Is Bag Of Cement In Your Area? (34655 Views)

Look At The Price Of Cement In 1989 / How Much Is Cement In Your Area And Why Is The Price Of Cement Still High? / How Much Is One Bag Of Cement In Your Area? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Is Bag Of Cement In Your Area? by Dantedasz(m): 7:18pm On Feb 09
A week ago I bought it 5,500 Naira but this week I bought it for 7,500 in Lagos mainland.
12mm iron rod(single piece) now goes for 8,500 Naira from 3,500 a few weeks ago.
Gravel small tipper is now 80,000 Naira depending on the distance.
Sharp sand 10 tons trailer is now 140,000 depending on the distance.

I am apolitical but this is crazy and crushing on the masses.
Landlords must certainly increase house rent after buying materials at these absurd rates.

NB: The cement seller informed me that the appropriate price of a bag of 50 kg cement is 10,000 Naira for any brand.(Dangote,Bua and Lafarge.)

Also bought a surface pumping machine 1 horse power 90,000 Naira from 35,000 Naira last year.(Inter dab) It is just scary!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Is Bag Of Cement In Your Area? by Scholace: 7:20pm On Feb 09
smokinloud:

So, with your analogy, it's Tinubu's fault that rain falls?!.
I be Tinubu supporter 100% and I pray Nigeria prospers and yes we'll make sacrifices for the betterment of this country.
okay, when they kidnap your mama or papa Tinubu go help you pay their ransome for their release

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Is Bag Of Cement In Your Area? by africanusvu(m): 7:20pm On Feb 09
money121:
How Much Is A Bag Of bag of cement In Your Area?

Heard some are selling 6800 and #7,000

Here in Lagos
.thank god rame price in tinubu lagos.samd in atikus adamawa.and same in peter obi anambra.we ar in d mess together
Re: How Much Is Bag Of Cement In Your Area? by Error401: 7:20pm On Feb 09
Isnt your messiah supposed to be better?

Alexis11:

Same with anyone still supporting Obi and wishing a fraud like him on Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Is Bag Of Cement In Your Area? by Psoul(m): 7:21pm On Feb 09
ifytrik:
Na only God go help us for this country, just last week I decided to repair the cy80 motorcycle I bought for just 16 thousand naira around 2010 and ghast what? Only the engine block cost me a whopping 17 thousand naira, I also bought the complete gear 16 thousand naira, I spent above 50k to repair a motorcycle I bought 16 thousand naira, e nogo better for all Nigeria politicians

New Qlink 150 bike is above N600,000 now.
Re: How Much Is Bag Of Cement In Your Area? by pocom16: 7:23pm On Feb 09
Dennisochampa:

Even if your papa wipe you oraimo cord... U go still blame tinubu...

For cement wen dangote dey produce, u dey blame tinubu say e dey expensive... Na wa o

Oga ..stop capping..

This is solely the fault of Tinubu...every damn commodity has reason up.. don't they have producers as well?

or Dangote is immune to the hardship dollar rates and fuel subsidy removal?

If you want to blame Dangote for cement..kuku blame farmers for food hike.. blame gas stations for fuel prices as well

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Is Bag Of Cement In Your Area? by Awaja(m): 7:26pm On Feb 09
Re: How Much Is Bag Of Cement In Your Area? by Dennisochampa: 7:27pm On Feb 09
seguno2:

If the ministers and advisers are the problem, then why has President Tinubu failed to sack them?

Do you know why
.... Em, how many e Wan sack... And also.. This man is less than 6 months in government..... I quite understand the shit is scary at the moment but bros... Check every damn country in the world... There have been a period of painful transitions
Re: How Much Is Bag Of Cement In Your Area? by foxxydude: 7:28pm On Feb 09
8,500 Benin City

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Bag Of Cement In Your Area? by beyourlandlord(m): 7:29pm On Feb 09
Bag of cement we bought on Tuesday was 7200 naira. Maybe slightly less in some areas. Really going higher. Even iron prices have gone hight. Just to buy 3 doors now cost us about 4.9m naira and this was getting us 8doors in 2022. God help us all.

BeYourLandlord: https://beyourlandlord.ng/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Is Bag Of Cement In Your Area? by smokinloud(m): 7:31pm On Feb 09
J3susFr3ak:

Not every local person is privileged to access some foreign currency.

But I wanted to focus on what you said about nothing backing the naira again and hence collapsing its value.

Smart countries like Singapore have for years used a hybrid approach to defend their currency. When the price of Gold falls, they shore up a significant portion of their reserves in Gold. Their Central Bank is mandated not only to rely on US Dollars but also on Gold.

Russia is also using this trick to exploit poor African countries like Sudan and others to tap as much Gold as possible in order to defend their currency.

Why is the FG not mandating the Central Bank to start building a Gold Reserve by first and foremost taking control of every Gold mine and deposit within the country?

--------Refs to Singapore: https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/singapore-s-central-bank-boosted-gold-reserves-30-in-january-1.1893589

Central banks worldwide have been building holdings of bullion as the dollar’s strength has waned in recent months, while retail buyers have also bolstered purchases as a shield from geopolitical uncertainty and rampant inflation. China increased its gold reserves for a fourth straight month in February, while Turkey was the biggest buyer of the precious metal among central banks last year.

Spot gold was little changed at $1,831.34 an ounce as of 9:54 a.m. in Singapore. It climbed 1% Thursday after a metric of US unemployment came in higher than expected, increasing the scope for the Federal Reserve to take a less hawkish approach. Bullion is down more than 1% this week, but is still slightly above where it was at the start of the year.

-----

You didn't plan well. Dollar is the currency that's digitally accessible most in the world.
If Nigeria were a country of 5 million people then storing gold will be a good thing but damm Nigeria population is 200 million and $15 billion gold reserve can't do anything to our economy.
Re: How Much Is Bag Of Cement In Your Area? by smokinloud(m): 7:34pm On Feb 09
Scholace:
okay, when they kidnap your mama or papa Tinubu go help you pay their ransome for their release
and you think Tinubu can solve the problem of security within 8 months?!. You're joking right?!. 4 months on and Israel has not defeated Hamas and you think Tinubu is a superman?!.
Re: How Much Is Bag Of Cement In Your Area? by smokinloud(m): 7:40pm On Feb 09
Donchieli:
To prove that your preferred choice is a failure

You are in a country that uses naira, and yet you have to save ur money in another currency other than your native currency in your native land, does that not show you that ur man has failed even you

It shows even you don't trust the man, you support

It's a shame

NO, It's shows that Nigeria is in a transition phase and the naira is not stable at the moment
Re: How Much Is Bag Of Cement In Your Area? by PotatoSalad(m): 7:41pm On Feb 09
Alexis11:
Things will naturally get worse before they get better.
If i start quoting comments from 2015 that said same thing, you'll become a laughing stock here.
Foolish boy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Is Bag Of Cement In Your Area? by affable4(m): 7:41pm On Feb 09
I bought half bag 3500 today o, after much hunting around Ilasan and Jakande in lekki

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Bag Of Cement In Your Area? by Donchieli: 7:43pm On Feb 09
So we should adopt another counties currency?

And abandon our own
. Is that what you are preaching?

smokinloud:

NO, It's shows that Nigeria is in a transition phase and the naira is not stable at the moment

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Bag Of Cement In Your Area? by smokinloud(m): 7:49pm On Feb 09
Donchieli:
So we should adopt another counties currency?

And abandon our own
. Is that what you are preaching?

a comment is enough for the wise
Re: How Much Is Bag Of Cement In Your Area? by torera12345678: 7:49pm On Feb 09
smokinloud:

Na Tinubu be the curse of your family?!.
Na him talk say make you no plan your life well?!.
Forget politicians and face your life. The energy you use on cursing politicians if used to seek God and plan your life you'll never be bitter.
God bless Tinubu
God bless Nigeria
May Nigeria prosper
Aje this guy no get sense. I guess u still dey Ur papa house

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Is Bag Of Cement In Your Area? by betesi(m): 7:53pm On Feb 09
Abeokuta Ogun State.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Bag Of Cement In Your Area? by Sharmeenator(m): 7:58pm On Feb 09
This is a big shock to me. Same cement I bought at 5.3k 2 weeks ago. Na wa o
Re: How Much Is Bag Of Cement In Your Area? by Dyfynezz12(m): 8:04pm On Feb 09
smokinloud:

No mind ham na obidenze hin be
Shey Dangote been no dey sell cement before Tinubu enter?why dey price no reach 7500 then

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Is Bag Of Cement In Your Area? by IfnobeGod20: 8:05pm On Feb 09
smokinloud:

Na Tinubu be the curse of your family?!.
Na him talk say make you no plan your life well?!.
Forget politicians and face your life. The energy you use on cursing politicians if used to seek God and plan your life you'll never be bitter.
God bless Tinubu
God bless Nigeria
May Nigeria prosper
One of the enemies of Nigeria. It's seems this hike in prices of goods and services doesn't reach your side and that gave you the latitude to blackmail someone that is feeling the pain of Tinubu's policies.
What some of you hailers of government refused to realize is, no matter how, every policy of government will either positively or negatively affect the people. And again, not all out problems require prayer but only action. Nigeria is one of the most religious country in the world but one of the most backward country in the world.
We cannot continue in this trajectory, the economy is not laughing at all and some of you still want to silence deferring voices. It shall not be well with evil politicians in this country.
Now, let me guess, you're still under the apron spring of your parents, hence, you're not feeling the brunt of this regime's policies.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Is Bag Of Cement In Your Area? by callmevirus(m): 8:06pm On Feb 09
Havesomesense:
Anybody wey still dey support Tinubu government, will die a miserable death

I support your comment

3 Likes

Re: How Much Is Bag Of Cement In Your Area? by smokinloud(m): 8:09pm On Feb 09
IfnobeGod20:

One of the enemies of Nigeria. It's seems this hike in prices of goods and services doesn't reach your side and that gave you the latitude to blackmail someone that is feeling the pain of Tinubu's policies.
What some of you hailers of government refused to realize is, no matter how, every policy of government will either positively or negatively affect the people. And again, not all out problems require prayer but only action. Nigeria is one of the most religious country in the world but one of the most backward country in the world.
We cannot continue in this trajectory, the economy is not laughing at all and some of you still want to silence deferring voices. It shall not be well with evil politicians in this country.
Now, let me guess, you're still under the apron spring of your parents, hence, you're not feeling the brunt of this regime's policies.
Nigeria is also one of the countries that curse the most and where has our curse gotten us to?!. Oga forget election defeat and face reality. Reformation entails hardship.
Re: How Much Is Bag Of Cement In Your Area? by Donchieli: 8:10pm On Feb 09
Clearly and yet the comments so far has not been wise

Smh

Save in dollars is ur own advice

Nigeria is doomed

smokinloud:

a comment is enough for the wise
Re: How Much Is Bag Of Cement In Your Area? by smokinloud(m): 8:12pm On Feb 09
Donchieli:
Clearly and yet the comments so far has not been wise

Smh

Save in dollars is ur own advice

Nigeria is doomed

Yes, doom first before glory
Re: How Much Is Bag Of Cement In Your Area? by seguno2: 8:14pm On Feb 09
Dennisochampa:
.... Em, how many e Wan sack... And also.. This man is less than 6 months in government..... I quite understand the shit is scary at the moment but bros... Check every damn country in the world... There have been a period of painful transitions

He should sack as many as he needs to sack, to avoid being called out for the terrible situation in the country.

How long has the painful transition in Lagos lasted without ordinary pipe borne water supply to every building? 24 years plus?

How much longer should it last for before 20 million Lagosians take tap water for granted like Chicagoans? Do you know? Any idea

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Much Is Bag Of Cement In Your Area? by IfnobeGod20: 8:15pm On Feb 09
smokinloud:

and you think Tinubu can solve the problem of security within 8 months?!. You're joking right?!. 4 months on and Israel has not defeated Hamas and you think Tinubu is a superman?!.
And you think Tinubu has not compounded the security problem with this excruciating economy, putting into consideration that poverty breeds insecurity. The insecurity will continue to multiply as far as people continue to deep into extreme poverty. A reasonable government will solve both hunger and security simultaneously but the unwise one will leave it undone and put the country into chaos.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Is Bag Of Cement In Your Area? by smokinloud(m): 8:17pm On Feb 09
IfnobeGod20:

And you think Tinubu has not compounded the security problem with this excruciating economy, putting into consideration that poverty breeds insecurity. The insecurity will continue to multiply as far as people continue to deep into extreme poverty. A reasonable government will solve both hunger and security simultaneously but the unwise one will leave it undone and put the country into chaos.
It takes investment to solve the problem of poverty. Where's the investment coming from if every good is subsidized in Nigeria?!.
Re: How Much Is Bag Of Cement In Your Area? by IfnobeGod20: 8:22pm On Feb 09
smokinloud:

Nigeria is also one of the countries that curse the most and where has our curse gotten us to?!. Oga forget election defeat and face reality. Reformation entails hardship.
No wonder you're commenting like kid. You're still fixated in election issue while those that lose are talking about governance. This is the problem of some of you hailers and politicians, you don't separate politics from governance.
Young Man, we are talking of governance and have long passed the junction of politics.
Reformation does not birth excruciating pain that will results into the death of citizens and increase vices. The floating of naira and the removal of subsidy is not citizens' friendly because it has deepened the poverty line of the nation the more. This is a time bomb and is not time to play politics with it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Is Bag Of Cement In Your Area? by trytim100(m): 8:22pm On Feb 09
At ur age u shou know that dollar determine the cost of importation
Re: How Much Is Bag Of Cement In Your Area? by Maobichek: 8:23pm On Feb 09
kruiser:
9,000 naira. Many people don stop to dey build house sef.
Meanwhile at a cheap price dm me for your logo and flyer design

People are still building ok, a friend send 200 Dollars last week for his building project and he will continue ok, ppl are still building houses.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Photos From The Building Collapse In Lekki, Lagos This Morning / NURTW Office Collapses In Ibadan As Taofeek Oyerinde Escapes Tragedy / Properties With C Of O For Sale in Ibadan, Lagos & Other Parts of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.