Stats: 3,155,857 members, 7,828,084 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

AFCON: Nigeria High Commission Issues Advisory To Nigerians In South Africa - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON: Nigeria High Commission Issues Advisory To Nigerians In South Africa (29613 Views)

AFCON: Nigeria's Victory Over Egypt Break The Pharaoh's 16-Game Unbeaten Record / 2022 AFCON: Nigeria, Egypt, Cameroon Seeded Ahead Of Draws / AFCON: Nigeria has The Highest Third Place Finishes In AFCON (see) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AFCON: Nigeria High Commission Issues Advisory To Nigerians In South Africa by lexy2014: 9:42am On Feb 06
IronGalaxy:
Bro! no humility, no manners, no nothing, These people will stand on pavements in groups of 10 and block your path despite seeing you wanna pass-through, then come back to claim you're "jealous" of them, jealous what even?

here you are again making claims. how do Nigerians lack humility and manners?

when you say "no nothing", what do you mean?

you sound bitter. whats the problem?

MzansiCoolio, can you help out here cos you seem to have loved your compatriots claims
Re: AFCON: Nigeria High Commission Issues Advisory To Nigerians In South Africa by Ilamina(f): 9:43am On Feb 06
Southern Africans don't like Nigerians
Re: AFCON: Nigeria High Commission Issues Advisory To Nigerians In South Africa by God1000(m): 9:43am On Feb 06
lexy2014:

MzansiCoolio, your compatriot has made another claim. can you pls tell me how you arrived at your conclusion and Google data to support your claim?

hope you will not feel "cornered" when you are unable to prove your claim?

but why are both of you running away from the questions I asked?

1. why do south african view Nigerians with suspicion?

2. who are the many people that cannot our " unscrupulous behaviour"?

3. which "unscrupulous behaviour" are you referring to?

4. what are the manners that Nigerians dont have?

5. what is wrong with being boisterous? I thought you said you are not jealous?

cc: God1000

Don't mind him, I've not googled the word "south Africa" for years now, I don't know how he arrived at that

IronGalaxy we are all Africans, there's no need hating each other
Re: AFCON: Nigeria High Commission Issues Advisory To Nigerians In South Africa by Spybradd: 9:44am On Feb 06
mu2sa2:
Mr man, you don't know the level of crime and lawlessness in South Africa. A friend was robbed at gunpoint by a policeman, yes policeman, right there in the toilet at Johannesburg airport on his way back to Nigeria after attending a conference in Pretoria. In another incident, a man arriving from Nigeria at the same airport was trailed to the reception of the hotel in Johannesburg and murdered. So, the Nigeria high commission is in order - to be forewarned is to be forearmed.
Of course,he's right and the reason ain't that far-fetched: your country got no respect whatsoever in Africa,all thanks to, again,your stupid leaders and equally stupid and fulsh supporters who base their support on nothing but tribe and religion and all manner of stupidity.

Re: AFCON: Nigeria High Commission Issues Advisory To Nigerians In South Africa by IronGalaxy: 9:45am On Feb 06
God1000:

Don't mind him, I've not googled the word "south Africa" for years now, I don't know how he arrived at that

IronGalaxy we are all Africans, there's no need hating each other
I don't hate Nigerians. I hate the better-than-thou attitude you have against everyone, especially South Africans
Re: AFCON: Nigeria High Commission Issues Advisory To Nigerians In South Africa by IronGalaxy: 9:46am On Feb 06
Ilamina:
Southern Africans don't like Nigerians
That dislike didn't appear out of thin air though...Anyways the hate is both sides
Re: AFCON: Nigeria High Commission Issues Advisory To Nigerians In South Africa by mu2sa2: 9:49am On Feb 06
IronGalaxy:
We can speak of Tanzania not Nigeria. We were never anyone's basket case even under Apartheid, you never saw us flocking to your countries en masse
Mr man, you are totally ignorant on this issue. A complete ignoramus, sorry to say! In the 1970s there were a LARGE number of southern africans on nigerian govt scholarship in nigerian academic institutions, even in secondary schools like the iconic federal govt girls college Akoka, lagos. The young men and women were pampered and generously provided for way beyond what native nigerian students were getting. Mandela himself acknowledged publicly the role of Nigeria and Ghana in the liberation of south africa . Remember that nigeria pumped millions of dollars to the ANC in the 1970s. In fact, nigeria was regarded as one of the frontline states on account of the huge resources she committed to the liberation of not only south africa, but also Rhodesia (now Zimbabwe), mozambique and Angola. Right from the time of Prime Minister Tafawa Balewa in the 1960s nigeria adopted the diplomatic position that Africa was the centrepiece of Nigeria's foreign policy. Thanks to the huge petro-dollars that accrued to nigeria then, we were able to hugely bankroll the many liberation groups in the southern african region.
God bless our dear native land of nigeria.

Re: AFCON: Nigeria High Commission Issues Advisory To Nigerians In South Africa by 12345baba(m): 9:50am On Feb 06
VeryWickedMan:
But which day SA dream to beat Naija for ball?
e shock me o.
Re: AFCON: Nigeria High Commission Issues Advisory To Nigerians In South Africa by Princedapace(m): 9:50am On Feb 06
lexy2014:

that is not what I asked you.

if you claim that there are 30,000 nigerians living in south africa, how then did you arrive at your conclusion that "Nigerians too much for South Africa"?

I arrived at that because 30k is too much. Yes, too much. Make we sit down one place. And it is way more than that sef. I am sure there are close to 100k Nigerians in SA.
Re: AFCON: Nigeria High Commission Issues Advisory To Nigerians In South Africa by lexy2014: 9:51am On Feb 06
IronGalaxy:
I don't hate Nigerians. I hate the better-than-thou attitude you have against everyone, especially South Africans
earlier, you said it was "no humility, no manners, no nothing, unscrupulous behaviour, being boisterous".

now you have made another claim. pls how do Nigerians have "the better-than-thou attitude against everyone" especially south africans?

who are the everyone?

MzansiCoolio, can you pls help your brother out here?
Re: AFCON: Nigeria High Commission Issues Advisory To Nigerians In South Africa by lexy2014: 9:52am On Feb 06
Princedapace:

I arrived at that because 30k is too much. Yes, too much. Make we sit down one place. And it is way more than that sef. I am sure there are close to 100k Nigerians in SA.
how is 30k too much?

how then did you arrive at your conclusion that "Nigerians too much for South Africa"?
Re: AFCON: Nigeria High Commission Issues Advisory To Nigerians In South Africa by Sctests: 9:53am On Feb 06
Felix6:

Cowards are not necessarily weaklings if I may borrow your language.

Restraint is a form of strength.
Re: AFCON: Nigeria High Commission Issues Advisory To Nigerians In South Africa by lexy2014: 9:54am On Feb 06
IronGalaxy:
That dislike didn't appear out of thin air though...Anyways the hate is both sides

but I thought you said
IronGalaxy:
I don't hate Nigerians

if you say "the hate is both sides", that contradicts your claim that you dont hate Nigerians
Re: AFCON: Nigeria High Commission Issues Advisory To Nigerians In South Africa by IronGalaxy: 9:57am On Feb 06
lexy2014:

but I thought you said

if you say "the hate is both sides", that contradicts your claim that you dont hate Nigerians
I was talking from my perspective, however South Africans generally aren't warm to Nigerians
Re: AFCON: Nigeria High Commission Issues Advisory To Nigerians In South Africa by Rostikol: 9:58am On Feb 06
Princedapace:

30k is too much. If Nigeria was okay, we wont have 30k plus living there, aside undocumented Nigerians. That is a lot abeg.

Are you aware that there are over 200,000 Indians living in Nigeria?

Is that “too many Indians”, and does it “show that India is not okay”?

Re: AFCON: Nigeria High Commission Issues Advisory To Nigerians In South Africa by Umuinyioku: 9:59am On Feb 06
Princewill1:
I think people that underwent long period of slavery and oppression in that hands of the whiteman often end up with some form of mental and phycological disorder.

They turned out with hyper victim mentality, lazy with barbaric behaviors.

South Africa and Black Americans have similarities.
You killed it. Well said brother.

Re: AFCON: Nigeria High Commission Issues Advisory To Nigerians In South Africa by IronGalaxy: 9:59am On Feb 06
lexy2014:

earlier, you said it was "no humility, no manners, no nothing, unscrupulous behaviour, being boisterous".

now you have made another claim. pls how do Nigerians have "the better-than-thou attitude against everyone" especially south africans?

who are the everyone?

MzansiCoolio, can you pls help your brother out here?

Have you see how you talk down on other Africans in general? There could be a thread about SA created now, trust me one Nigerian would start talking down on South Africans and South Africa and the rest will follow. check every SA related thread and see who always start throwing insults.
Re: AFCON: Nigeria High Commission Issues Advisory To Nigerians In South Africa by IronGalaxy: 10:01am On Feb 06
mu2sa2:
Mr man, you are totally ignorant on this issue. A complete ignoramus, sorry to say! In the 1970s there were a LARGE numbers of southern africans on nigerian govt scholarship in nigerian academic institutions, even in secondary schools like the iconic federal govt girl college Akoka, lagos. The young men and women were pampered and generously provided for even way beyond what native nigerian students were getting. Mandela himself acknowledged publicly the role of Nigeria and Ghana in the liberation of south africa . Remember that nigeria pumped millions of dollars to the ANC in the 1970s. In fact, nigeria was regarded as one of the frontline states on account of the huge resources she committed to the liberation of not only south africa, but also Rhodesia (now Zimbabwe), mozambique and Angola. Right from the time of Prime Minister Tafawa Balewa in the 1960s nigeria adopted the diplomatic position that Africa was the centrepiece of Nigeria's foreign policy. Thanks to the huge petro-dollars that accrued to nigeria then, we were able to hugely bankroll the many liberation groups in the southern african region.
God bless our dear native land of nigeria.
My comment still stands. We were never a basket case for anyone
Re: AFCON: Nigeria High Commission Issues Advisory To Nigerians In South Africa by deavicky(m): 10:04am On Feb 06
chisomkachy:
Avoid wild celebrations

HIGH COMMISSION OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA 971 FRANCIS BAARD STREET. ARC:ALMA -11083. PRETORIA

ADVISORY ON SAFE CONDUCT FOR NIGERIANS IN SOUTH AFRICA BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER 2024 AFCON MATCH BETWEEN SUPER EAGLES AND BAFANA BAFANA

The attention of the Nigeria High Commission Pretoria has been drawn to potentially inflammatory online comments made by a section of South African citizens against Nigerians living in host country, largely influenced by the upcoming 2024 African Cup of Nations (AFCON) semi-final match between the Super Eagles and the Bafana Bafana on Wednesday February 2024.

2. Most of the comments consist of veiled threats against "Nigerians cooking jollof rice" before the match, and "showing pepper to Nigerians if the Bafana Bafana lose to the Super Eagles", among others.

3. In this regard, the High Commission hereby advises the Nigerian community to be watchful of their utterances, be mindful of where they choose to watch the match especially in public places, and refrain from engaging in loud, riotous or provocative celebrations should the Super Eagles win the match.

4. Additionally, Nigerians should maintain the good conduct they are known for, and be law abiding before, during and after the match. Should any provocations arise, they should not be reciprocated but reported to the appropriate authorities.

High Commission of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Pretoria, South Africa
February, 2024
so what should we then do to south Africans living in Nigeria should incase they win and try to celebrate. Nigerian are just docile.
Re: AFCON: Nigeria High Commission Issues Advisory To Nigerians In South Africa by Princezibk: 10:05am On Feb 06
oglalasioux:
Black South Africans are naturally violent. That's why the Boers kept them at their space. You can call it Apartheid but they needed to be reined in. Their violence is too much.
If you don’t know ! God owns the world and we humans are free to migrate anywhere we want too …

So get this into your skull 💀 that we shall Lord over any country in the world especially Africa…

Bleep SA 👎

Re: AFCON: Nigeria High Commission Issues Advisory To Nigerians In South Africa by Ilamina(f): 10:05am On Feb 06
Is lagos and abuja peeps that give Nigeria a bad image

Always pompous, treat other people like house girls, if you don't live in lagos
Re: AFCON: Nigeria High Commission Issues Advisory To Nigerians In South Africa by lexy2014: 10:07am On Feb 06
IronGalaxy:
Have you see how you talk down on other Africans in general? There could be a thread about SA created now, trust me one Nigerian would start talking down on South Africans and South Africa and the rest will follow. check every SA related thread and see who always start throwing insults.

are you talking about Nigerians on nairaland or Nigerians with you in south africa?

1. earlier, you said it was "no humility, no manners, no nothing, unscrupulous behaviour, being boisterous".

now you have made another claim.

pls how do Nigerians have "the better-than-thou attitude against everyone" especially south africans?

2. who are the everyone?
Re: AFCON: Nigeria High Commission Issues Advisory To Nigerians In South Africa by lexy2014: 10:09am On Feb 06
IronGalaxy:
I was talking from my perspective, however South Africans generally aren't warm to Nigerians

what is that your perspective that you were talking about?
Re: AFCON: Nigeria High Commission Issues Advisory To Nigerians In South Africa by IronGalaxy: 10:11am On Feb 06
lexy2014:

are you talking about Nigerians on nairaland or Nigerians with you in south africa?

1. earlier, you said it was "no humility, no manners, no nothing, unscrupulous behaviour, being boisterous".

now you have made another claim.

pls how do Nigerians have "the better-than-thou attitude against everyone" especially south africans?

2. who are the everyone?

You want everything obvious broken down to you like I'm engaging a two-year-old. Make counter-arguments, show me your brain works, you can't be asking an endless slew of useless questions. I'll answer you, then ask another question..are you a bot?
Re: AFCON: Nigeria High Commission Issues Advisory To Nigerians In South Africa by IronGalaxy: 10:11am On Feb 06
lexy2014:

what is that your perspective that you were talking about?
Another question..I'm done with this nonsense
Re: AFCON: Nigeria High Commission Issues Advisory To Nigerians In South Africa by IronGalaxy: 10:13am On Feb 06
deavicky:
so what should we then do to south Africans living in Nigeria should incase they win and try to celebrate. Nigerian are just docile.
Do they even exist? grin grin grin Why would a South African be living in Naija of all places?
Re: AFCON: Nigeria High Commission Issues Advisory To Nigerians In South Africa by Umuinyioku: 10:13am On Feb 06
chisomkachy:
Avoid wild celebrations

HIGH COMMISSION OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA 971 FRANCIS BAARD STREET. ARC:ALMA -11083. PRETORIA

ADVISORY ON SAFE CONDUCT FOR NIGERIANS IN SOUTH AFRICA BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER 2024 AFCON MATCH BETWEEN SUPER EAGLES AND BAFANA BAFANA

The attention of the Nigeria High Commission Pretoria has been drawn to potentially inflammatory online comments made by a section of South African citizens against Nigerians living in host country, largely influenced by the upcoming 2024 African Cup of Nations (AFCON) semi-final match between the Super Eagles and the Bafana Bafana on Wednesday February 2024.

2. Most of the comments consist of veiled threats against "Nigerians cooking jollof rice" before the match, and "showing pepper to Nigerians if the Bafana Bafana lose to the Super Eagles", among others.

3. In this regard, the High Commission hereby advises the Nigerian community to be watchful of their utterances, be mindful of where they choose to watch the match especially in public places, and refrain from engaging in loud, riotous or provocative celebrations should the Super Eagles win the match.

4. Additionally, Nigerians should maintain the good conduct they are known for, and be law abiding before, during and after the match. Should any provocations arise, they should not be reciprocated but reported to the appropriate authorities.

High Commission of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Pretoria, South Africa
February, 2024
Is it not same South Africa we sacrificed men and materials for their liberation from apartheid regime?

We always receive insults from these countries we sacrificed for their wellbeing. Our leaders should avoid Big Brother benevolence because they hardly show appreciation when it mattered most.

South Africa are ingrates.

May the memories of Nigerians who sacrificed to ensure independence and liberation of South Africans not go in vain.

Sonny Okosun, Murtala Muhammed et al comes to mind.

Let's face our problems and leave Africans to solve their problems. Let's Dei our Dei. Let them Dei their Dei!

Sobs!
Re: AFCON: Nigeria High Commission Issues Advisory To Nigerians In South Africa by mu2sa2: 10:13am On Feb 06
IronGalaxy:
My comment still stands. We were never a basket case for anyone
Millions of you were then scattered across africa in nigeria, Ghana, tanzania etc and you were never seen as a burden. I dont blame you young guys, though, because your politicians have brainwashed you and diverted your anger away from their corruption and mismanagement to hate fellow black africans (zimbabweans, mazombicans, somalians, ethiopians). You are a basket case given your penchant to lynch innocent fellow black africans. Very crazy attitude. Africans helped you to get rid of the whiteman, ironically you are still mentally enslaved - maybe we should be thinking of how to get you off that.
Re: AFCON: Nigeria High Commission Issues Advisory To Nigerians In South Africa by gigabyte13: 10:14am On Feb 06
Because of ordinary enjoyable tournaments
So if they defeat us
What should we do to them...
Civilised local idiots

Re: AFCON: Nigeria High Commission Issues Advisory To Nigerians In South Africa by PHAYOL81: 10:15am On Feb 06
Better to dey celebrate each goal by pitying the SOUTH AFRICANS.
Re: AFCON: Nigeria High Commission Issues Advisory To Nigerians In South Africa by Panda7(m): 10:16am On Feb 06
south africa will be dealt with, properly.
Re: AFCON: Nigeria High Commission Issues Advisory To Nigerians In South Africa by IronGalaxy: 10:17am On Feb 06
mu2sa2:
With millions of you then scattered across africa in nigeria, Ghana, tanzania etc and you were never seen as a burden. I dont blame you young guys, though, because your politicians have brainwashed you and diverted your anger away from their corruption and mismanagement to hate fellow black africans (zimbabweans, mazombicans, somalians, ethiopians). You are a basket case given your penchant to lynch innocent fellow black africans. Very crazy attitude.
Bro relax. There were never millions of us scattered around Africa selling fried fish in anyone's country under apartheid. You can't remix my own history, I studied it in school fam, I have elders still alive who relay history to me. We didn't cross bothers to burden anyone's system

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Joseph Yobo Strikes A Pose With His Kids (Photos) / Manchester United Appoints Benni Mccarthy As First-team Striker Coach / I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64