Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,474 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much (64619 Views)

How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss / Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time / Two Mexicans Fired From A Factory And The Rest Decided To Leave With Them. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much by adubam(m): 1:32pm On Feb 06
When they come to our country they won't learn or relearn our culture and traditions but wants us to learn and relearn theirs. Rubbish.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much by wonlasewonimi: 1:32pm On Feb 06
They don't just sack people like that in developed countries.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much by QuickStandard: 1:32pm On Feb 06
Re: Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much by 1gbdata: 1:32pm On Feb 06
sorry
Re: Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much by Kobicove(m): 1:33pm On Feb 06
Canada happened to her! grin
Re: Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much by zebszebs: 1:34pm On Feb 06
Now you understand why they insist on IELTS and Nigerians will complain, saying "racism" and "discrimination".

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much by Kobicove(m): 1:34pm On Feb 06
wonlasewonimi:
They don't just sack people like that in developed countries.

Says who?
Re: Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much by MyExpression(m): 1:34pm On Feb 06
thesicilian:

First they're not the owners of English, English is owned by people from England, not Canadians or Americans.
Second being too apologetic is never grounds for dismissal from work, no matter how callous the employer might be. So I maintain that she's not telling the whole truth.

Maybe, maybe not...but I also had that argument with ChatGPT.
When it gives a misleading information, it never apologises. Rather it would respond that "I apologise if YOU MISUNDERSTOOD me..."

It always respond as if it is me who misunderstood the response, and not the app that gave a wrong info. So annoying eh!

I've watched a medical movie- Dr Bleep
In the movie, one of the nurses was queried for apologising to a patient, when the operations went wrong. The head doc explained to her, how there was implications to that apology. So yes, apology "saying sorry" has even higher implications in the medical field where litigation fly everyday.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much by Jewessgratitud3: 1:35pm On Feb 06
Na eye service dey worry una. the sorry you can not say to save your marriage or relationship you'll go be saying it to a white man who doesn't need your sorry but your expertise to get things done right

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much by cocolacec(m): 1:37pm On Feb 06
thesicilian:

First they're not the owners of English, English is owned by people from England, not Canadians or Americans.
Second being too apologetic is never grounds for dismissal from work, no matter how callous the employer might be. So I maintain that she's not telling the whole truth.

Canadians,Australians and Americans originally came from England before other Europeans joined them.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much by adecz: 1:38pm On Feb 06
Instead of sorry, You for dey tell say

Good for you..

She for don promote you..

Sorry ❗️❗️❗️❗️😊
Re: Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much by wonlasewonimi: 1:38pm On Feb 06
Kobicove:

Says who?

You think there are no employment laws?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much by thesicilian: 1:38pm On Feb 06
cocolacec:

Canadians,Australians and Americans originally came from England before other Europeans joined them.

Yeah, and my black ass is from England too

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much by Kingjbase: 1:39pm On Feb 06
So you see horn for my head abi. You are not saying the truth on the reason you got fired
Re: Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much by Kobicove(m): 1:40pm On Feb 06
thesicilian:

It is grounds for dismissal because if a client sues the business for negligence the fact that a staff said "Sorry" could be tendered in court as evidence that they are guilty as charged!

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much by Waywardson6: 1:40pm On Feb 06
Sometimes being too nice or cordial isn't appreciated. Better to be n bad.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much by Mummiesboy: 1:41pm On Feb 06
illicit:
Eeyah

Sorry
Na de sorry put her for trouble so
Why are you saying sorry?
Re: Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much by cocolacec(m): 1:41pm On Feb 06
adubam:
When they come to our country they won't learn or relearn our culture and traditions but wants us to learn and relearn theirs. Rubbish.

Once you adopt your mother tongue as your official language in your regions,the whites will have to learn Yoruba,Igbo,Hausa,Nupe,Kanuri etc as the case maybe.

English should be our 2nd language.if Foreigners kearn our langusge imagine revenue our teachers cam make from them.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much by Omoawoke: 1:42pm On Feb 06
I don’t believe this, anything for Elon musk money
Re: Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much by jaxxy(m): 1:42pm On Feb 06
There are other/better words to use than sorry everytime that makes it feel like u lack the capacity for the job or are incompetent.

in formal or work settings avoid saying ur sorry too much. it sends a wrong message.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much by Kobicove(m): 1:43pm On Feb 06
wonlasewonimi:

You think there are no employment laws?

And so?

You people think obodo oyibo is heaven abi?

Your employer abroad can fire you at anytime he determines that you are not adding value to his business so long as he is sure he can prove in court that your dismissal is not discriminatory!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much by Omoawoke: 1:44pm On Feb 06
mrdharkchild:
RUbbish story, them sack you but no be because of sorry.
Nigerians and showoff.

Take your L and keep to yourself.
No moral lesson here.

Every rascal now want to advise people

People go just travel begin dey dish out hot zobo like a villager that managed to enter the city
Re: Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much by SmartyPants(m): 1:45pm On Feb 06
She got fired for being disobedient. The client clearly asked her to stop and she should have done exactly that.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much by obailala(m): 1:46pm On Feb 06
Nigeria often use the word 'sorry' in place of 'excuse me' to call a person's attention.

And then it isn't unusual to see Nigerians go all the way by saying 'sorry excuse me' grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much by casualobserver: 1:46pm On Feb 06
There is nothing more annoying than hearing “sorry” from Nigerians. What is annoying is 1) it will happen again and 2) it’s what they say because they refuse to think before they act.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much by KingDash09(m): 1:46pm On Feb 06
That guy na liar
CandidAdmin:
Reminds me of the rhyme 5 majic words.
Please
Excuse me
Sorry
Thank you
Pardon me

Most Nigerians prefer to use the 1st, 3rd and 4th.

Question of the day - What's the difference between pardon me, excuse me and sorry?

You are dating a white? Which Nationality?
Re: Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much by cocolacec(m): 1:47pm On Feb 06
thesicilian:

Yeah, and my black ass is from England too
Low self esteem dey worry you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much by Dnet7: 1:48pm On Feb 06
See what over do has LED her to
Re: Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much by thesicilian: 1:48pm On Feb 06
Kobicove:

It is grounds for dismissal because if a client sues the business the fact that a staff said "Sorry" could be tendered in court as evidence that they are guilty as charged!
Guilty of what exactly? Saying sorry when a patient is in pain? Don't be ridiculous. It is the other way around: the caregiver can actually sue for wrongful discharge.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much by KingDash09(m): 1:48pm On Feb 06
That’s my education is very important
They teach you how to use pleasantries in certain scenarios
obailala:
Nigeria often use the word 'sorry' in place of 'excuse me' to call a person's attention.

And then it isn't unusual to see Nigerians go all the way by saying 'sorry excuse me' grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much by GloriousGbola: 1:48pm On Feb 06
Bullshit

People joke that Canadians say sorry too much. They are literally a meme because of this.

Ednut1 na lie I talk?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much by wonlasewonimi: 1:48pm On Feb 06
Kobicove:

And so?

You people think obodo oyibo is heaven abi?

Your employer abroad can fire you at anytime he determines that you are not adding value to his business so long as he is sure he can prove in court that your dismissal is not discriminatory!

Nice, so telling the court that she always say sorry means she's not adding value, and dismissal based on that, to you is not discriminatory?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Woman That Manufactures Hand Brake Manually in Nnewi (photos) / Tania, Battle-Ready Policewoman In Abuja Poses With Her Gun (Photos) / Nigerian Man Meets His Former Driver Whom He Encouraged To Get Education (Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.