Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,055 members, 7,835,573 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos (18277 Views)

Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal / Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos, Marketers Blame Depots / Petrol Queues Resurface In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by Enemyofpeace: 9:50am On Feb 06
SALLYBERRY01:
Times are hard
says who? This is the first time I'm enjoying nigeria since I was born. Now and everyday I now eat 4 square sumptuous meals
Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by Enemyofpeace: 9:51am On Feb 06
aderadio1:
This is obviously the one that will break the camels back.
which camel? Camel wey don run comot since hunger wan kill am

1 Like

Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by BigBashiru: 9:51am On Feb 06
Paraman:
It is what it is. Since we can't refine in Nigeria, we have to import.

You don't understand. People who occupy various posts in nnpc are colonized in their minds. Hence westerners exploit nigeria to get cheap energy. Crude oil is sent to Europe from Nigeria while Nigeria imports refined oil because European countries want Crude oil so they can refine it themselves so it's cheaper for them.

Dangote Refinery is importing Crude oil instead of refining local Crude oil why? Because the west hv laid claim on Nigerian Crude for themselves.

Anybody who wants to process Nigerian Crude in Nigeria will meet resistance from the west. Possibly the west will want regime change in Nigeria.
Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by Umuinyioku: 9:52am On Feb 06
madridguy:
Leave the good people of SW out of your tribalistic mouth.

You're avid supporter of the Emilokan.

What's your take on leadership and anomie facing the nation?

For your information, you and others tribalised the struggle to liberate Nigeria from clutches of domestic neocolonialism and ethnic bigotry. You continue to lend support based on ethnic origin. Not on performance and credibility.

Enjoy your acrid support based on ethnic and partisan politics!

2 Likes

Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by Enemyofpeace: 9:52am On Feb 06
G00dharddick:
That's right!

When SW are serious they know what to do!
seun you're there and washing this guy speak ill of us abi?
Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by ruggedboych: 9:53am On Feb 06
madridguy:
Leave the good people of SW out of your tribalistic mouth.

You are a notorious tribalist yourself 😡
Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by chukiz(m): 9:56am On Feb 06
Corruption has finished Nigeria. Pata

1 Like

Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by LockDown69(m): 10:01am On Feb 06
People still de buy fuel?
Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by omoadeleye(m): 10:01am On Feb 06
G00dharddick:

Nothing will break the camels back.

They'll soon come and call you IPOB esn, hater of Yorubas and Nigeria!

The SW are enjoying Tinubu's presidency because they're still teaching obi lessons!

I don't know how some of you reason, we can even compare the size of your brain to that of a 2 year old baby.

How can you say that they're still teaching Peter Obi a lesson? Is Nigeria being run because of Peter Obi? Has Nigeria been run because of Peter Obi? Must every happenings in Nigeria based on Peter Obi now?

You people probably needs to visit a psychiatrist.

1 Like

Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by SoNature(m): 10:06am On Feb 06
EreluRoz:
It's ok na, just learn to put Nigeria in prayers. It's not too hard to do
Oga, prayers cannot solve Nigeria's problem.

Stop applying the right solution on a wrong problem.

Prayers only solve spiritual problems.

Our problems are not spiritual but economic.
Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by Paracetamol01: 10:08am On Feb 06
aderadio1:
This is obviously the one that will break the camels back.
Nigerians can endure any situations
Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by nairalanda1(m): 10:13am On Feb 06
Ykc2:
oga you guys you stop defending nonsense please,tell me one thing nigeria is produce you enjoy with cheaper price,is not the same oil nigeria is exporting saudi arabia , UAE are exporting also?Common pump water is not working in nigeria ,those African countries you claimed they are buying fuel at higher rate many of those countries are enjoying 24/7 electricity ,we have cows but meat is beyond the the reach of ordinary nigerians,we don't enjoy light,we don't enjoy water in our homes,we don't enjoy fish and ,we don't enjoy security our high ways are infested with bandits,we don't enjoy good roads,we don't enjoy cheaper house rent,we don't enjoy milk,we have cocoa but no chocolate,tell me what your enjoying from blessings of crude oil God gave us?when you guys were protesting against goodluck Jonathan you forgot all this your epistles even cultist soyinka was among the anti Jonathan protesters today his waiting for one year before he will criticise Tinubu's government,

Well uae produces more oil than we do for a population less than one tenth of ours.

Thus they have more money for the good life
Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by nairalanda1(m): 10:13am On Feb 06
Dyfynezz12:

How many of those African countries have natural crude oil in the same quantity like us?
Defending a zombie makes u seem like one

Not many have a too large population like we do, child of zombies
Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by nairalanda1(m): 10:14am On Feb 06
Denko2721987:

Oga now did u arrive at your landing cos, abeg give us breakdown

Ask google like i did, son
Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by nairalanda1(m): 10:15am On Feb 06
RepoMan007:
Americans subsidize renewable power like Germany and its not an illusion.

Do we have renewable power, son?
Plus like i have told you their subsidy is not our type of subsidy
Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by nairalanda1(m): 10:15am On Feb 06
ezechi24:

Please stop this rubbish you are typing ....you just keep repeating this nonsense as if you know one thing you are saying.

Okay, young girl.
Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by deavicky(m): 10:16am On Feb 06
nairalanda1:

You should forget about the tribe. It has nothing to do with what is happening.

For over 5 decades, you have lived with the illusion that fuel is cheap. The illusion is breaking, and we are seeing what other African countries are seeing...that fuel is expensive. Very much so.

Tinubu is trying so hard to maintain the illusion. But as you can see cracks are appearing

It is time we all accepted fuel was never cheap in the first place. Maintaining the illusion has cost us billions of naira and four refineres.
please compare Nigeria with other africa countries that have crude oil like Nigeria. Stop doing blind comparison.

1 Like

Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by nairalanda1(m): 10:16am On Feb 06
sukkot:
be calming down , the fuel is freely given in the ground by the universe. It should be cheap. It’s free product given by YAH 👀

Right

I hope when you set up your business, i can enjoy your services for free by the grace of yah
Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by nairalanda1(m): 10:17am On Feb 06
deavicky:
please compare Nigeria with other africa countries that have crude oil like Nigeria. Stop doing blind comparison.

We have a large population that is too large to benefit from the crude revenue we earn

Corruption and mismanagement make it even worse
Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by nairalanda1(m): 10:19am On Feb 06
DeepSight:

Subsidies cost you four refineries? You must be living in lala land.
Corruption cost you those refineries, not subsidies.

And understand this: if you like remove every subsidy or government expense in Nigeria - Corruption will still destroy everything.

Well, sell at a loss, lose a lot.of stuff .

Find out how the Soviets grand experience in subsides for everything went. Its very illuminating.
Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by Dyfynezz12(m): 10:21am On Feb 06
nairalanda1:

Not many have a too large population like we do, child of zombies
We have the second largest crude in Africa
If not for our leaders gross mismanagement we won't be here
Point a finger directly to them and not our population
Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by nairalanda1(m): 10:23am On Feb 06
Dyfynezz12:

We have the second largest crude in Africa
If not for our leaders gross mismanagement we won't be here
Point a finger directly to them and not our population

And we have a very large population.

That's why we need to diversify our economy. The oil is large in revenue but per capita, it cannot sustain us or pay for all our needs.

Corruption makes things worse.

That is why diversification diversification and industrialisation
Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by sukkot: 10:24am On Feb 06
nairalanda1:

Right

I hope when you set up your business, i can enjoy your services for free by the grace of yah
if my business is based off selling you something the nature gives freely yes you can enjoy it cheap. That’s why pure water is still 20 Naira 👀
Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by nairalanda1(m): 10:24am On Feb 06
sukkot:
if my business is based off selling you something the nature gives freely yes you can enjoy it cheap. That’s why pure water is still 20 Naira 👀

Pms does not come from the ground cheaply and you know that.
Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by SALLYBERRY01(m): 10:25am On Feb 06
Enemyofpeace:
says who? This is the first time I'm enjoying nigeria since I was born. Now and everyday I now eat 4 square sumptuous meals

Show me way
Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by LudaChriz(m): 10:26am On Feb 06
nairalanda1:

You should forget about the tribe. It has nothing to do with what is happening.

For over 5 decades, you have lived with the illusion that fuel is cheap. The illusion is breaking, and we are seeing what other African countries are seeing...that fuel is expensive. Very much so.

Tinubu is trying so hard to maintain the illusion. But as you can see cracks are appearing

It is time we all accepted fuel was never cheap in the first place. Maintaining the illusion has cost us billions of naira and four refineres.

So you're advocating for more increase in pump price so that prices of food items could go up again? What has govt done with the trillions gotten from the subsidy that's already removed? For your information, I work for the federal government, till today, I have not received my January salary just like others. Wage award that was promised to be paid from September last year has only been paid twice, with some just once. Again I ask, what has government done with the trillions they've been making since subsidy removal?
Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by Zeebuy: 10:26am On Feb 06
Everybody should keep standing on tinubu's rotten manhood.
Na una dey suffer am.
A lot of lowlives who voted Tinubu are ashamed and disappointed in his performance, but they try to console themselves with "it'll get hard before it gets better", forgetting that we're in Nigeria where things keep getting worse.

Election choices have consequences. You vote useless leaders, you get useless leadership. You voted a career politician, and you're expecting goodies?

Una Go See Shege!
Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by sukkot: 10:26am On Feb 06
nairalanda1:

bro you know that shit is mostly profit. That’s why nations fight wars for it. Black gold
Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by nairalanda1(m): 10:27am On Feb 06
LudaChriz:

So you're advocating for more increase in pump price so that prices of food items could go up again? What has govt done with the trillions gotten from the subsidy that's already removed? For your information, I work for the federal government, till today, I have not received my January salary just like others. Wage award that was promised to be paid from September last year has only been paid twice, with some just once. Again I ask, what has government done with the trillions they've been making since subsidy removal?

Or we can pay subsidy to keep fuel at 40 naira and watch our debt shoot up to levels that would destroy our economy totally.

Welcome to reality. You don't have to love it
Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by Enemyofpeace: 10:28am On Feb 06
SALLYBERRY01:

Show me way
I no go show you. You fit take bad luck block am for me
Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by nairalanda1(m): 10:29am On Feb 06
sukkot:
bro you know that shit is mostly profit. That’s why nations fight wars for it. Black gold

Which is why by your reasoning, your business should run at a loss since PROFITS cause WAR.
Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by sukkot: 10:31am On Feb 06
nairalanda1:

they give danjuma oil well he turn billionaire overnight, dem give alakija oil well she turn richest woman in Africa overnight. It’s all profit bro don’t come and bobo us here. The oil is given freely by YAH. Black gold

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Picture Of Buhari In Suit. / Court Orders Gov Lamido, 3 Others To Pay APC Candidate N30m In Damages / 2019: Kwankwaso Is The Best Alternative – John Odekina, APC Chieftain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.