Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,908 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:11 PM

My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? (20482 Views)

My Testimony After My Boss Sacked Me / My Job Is At Risk Because Of Office Romance Involving My Boss / The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by Standstrong: 5:25pm On Feb 06
I'm being seriously abuse at my current place of work by my boss.

I work in a hotel, one day in, one day out.

I started working there October last year, and I received the October salary ending of November after so much deductions that took almost 40% of what supposed to the salary. I received November salary middle of December (same thing) and since then, no payment again. We are in February and I have needs for the money.

Just in case he had forgotten, I earlier on reminded him of December salary and he didn't say a thing.

Due to my exposure in the hotel, over time, I'm experiencing some negative changes on my health.

At the close of work, I have no where else to sleep than to prepare a place at the open bar and that is where I sleep.

Cool air and mosquitoes deal with me to no small measure. As a result, I have been sick of constant malaria/typhoid and apparently, cold.

The cold part is evident at the constant chest pain and difficulty in breathing I have and sometimes I'm almost down completely due to it. I can't even carry myself to do what I'm supposed to do due to serious chest pains.

With all the symptoms of bad health, I need to visit hospital for care. So last week, knowing he was about to travel, I went to remind him of my salary so I can visit hospital. Since I know he's someone with anger issue, first, I pleaded he shouldn't be mad at me for approaching him concerning the matter. So he pretended to be calm but the moment I mentioned my salary, he went mad and emptied the whole glass of beer he was drinking on me, not minding the white shirt I was putting on.

Not just doing that, he stood up violently as though he wanted to slap me (have done that before) and that was when I shifted away from the place, with my whole body in mess.

The following day, he travelled. I thought he was going to pay me (even pay off) before traveling but he didn't.

With all the abuse and more going on in the place, I want to stop the work even though I have nothing else at hand now.

Some people are saying I should stop the work forthwith and "treat his f"up", but I don't understand what that means and I'm not ready for anything violence or will lead to someone else.

I just want to get my 2 months+ salary immediately so I can go to the hospital and check my health. I know how I am feeling inside me and life is only one. He can keep his job with abuse.

Na poverty and unemployment cause am.

How much is even the salary? Upon all the suffering in the place?

Please what is the best thing for me to do now?

Note: "treating his fk'up" is no option at all.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by Standstrong: 5:25pm On Feb 06
I'm tired of this life

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by Standstrong: 5:26pm On Feb 06
I have tried to stand strong but I'm tired

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by Standstrong: 5:28pm On Feb 06
I need your advice on the next action.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by aylive02(m): 5:44pm On Feb 06
Standstrong:
. Take this to Twitter. You will find help

95 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by iwriteall: 6:25pm On Feb 06
aylive02:

i agree

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by Allsmilez999: 6:40pm On Feb 06
“Bear” with him.

7 Likes

Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by Meerahbel: 7:14pm On Feb 06
Standstrong:
I'm tired of this life
Your type are the type people use and dump, you are a MAN
M-orning
A-fternoon
N-ight
You need to do something crazy so he knows you ain't a push over. Ensure you are not remitting all the money for the section you belong and lay yourself and make way from the hotel.

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by Standstrong: 7:17pm On Feb 06
Meerahbel:
Your type are the type people use and dump, you are a MAN
M-orning
A-fternoon
N-ight
You need to do something crazy so he knows you ain't a push over. Ensure you are not remitting all the money for the section you belong and lay yourself and make way from the hotel.

I learnt someone did that before and he later used police to arrest the person, claiming the person stole his money.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by Standstrong: 7:17pm On Feb 06
aylive02:

I don't have followers on there. Who and who should I tag there?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by Meerahbel: 7:18pm On Feb 06
Standstrong:

I learnt someone did that before and he later used police to arrest the person, claiming the person stole his money.
Fear is what kill many people. Tomorrow listen to Wazobia FM 95.1 FM to report this issue

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by MyExpression(m): 7:29pm On Feb 06
Standstrong:

If it's not too late, report the case to the police with evidence.
Apply for resignation through the right channel...let the police be aware too.

Possibly report at a higher police division.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by Breatheon: 7:32pm On Feb 06
If he's not coming back soon, for the sake of your health, look for money elsewhere and go to the hospital to check yourself first.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by Tmex(m): 7:44pm On Feb 06
MyExpression:

If it's not too late, report the case to the police with evidence.
Apply for resignation through the right channel...let the police be aware too.

Possibly report at a higher police division.

If not in lagos it could work sha.u see, in lagos, 85% of hotel owners are high ranking politicians. I think in the interim you can lay your complain to the next in line to him,t that way you will be carrying others along.

9 Likes

Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by MyExpression(m): 7:52pm On Feb 06
Tmex:

If not in lagos it could work sha.u see, in lagos, 85% of hotel owners are high ranking politicians.

Not a hotel who's ceo pays workers directly, or who is accessible to his workers on a daily- that they even know his itinerary.

Na local hotel dey Jones like this.

You owe me for 1 month, I'm not working the next month.

Na trekking and hungry belle I go use come d work?!

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by immortalcrown(m): 8:03pm On Feb 06
Standstrong:
I'm being seriously abuse at my current place of work by my boss.
Don't make the mistake of using the police. Otherwise, you will go from frying pan to fire. This is Nigeria. The police will even take a huge part of the salary if the police helps you to get the salary.

Use X (Twitter) or radio stations. If you are using X, add trending hashtags.

36 Likes

Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by Kurugu92(m): 8:04pm On Feb 06
Keep watching it's his turn today , tomorrow will definitely be yours

5 Likes

Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by Skyfornia(m): 8:09pm On Feb 06
Meerahbel:

Fear is what kill many people. Tomorrow listen to Wazobia FM 95.1 FM to report this issue

What if he is not in Lagos?

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by Meerahbel: 8:45pm On Feb 06
Skyfornia:

What if he is not in Lagos?
Download the app
Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by Onuimo1(m): 8:48pm On Feb 06
As I was reading this I'm filled with anger both by you and your boss. I don't know the details but no matter how high his anger level is you gave him the chance to behave that Way. You have to quit that shiit place ASAP.
Gooosshh.them nor born any employer Papa well to do half of that to me, you wan die.
As you're leaving drop your account number to him tell him to calculate your money and pay you failure to do that he would be a story.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by Onuimo1(m): 8:52pm On Feb 06
As you're quiting you're threatening him at the same time. Some people don't need to be treated in calm way.
Na so my former landlord did until I put small film for am, nobody tell am to come make peace with my family. Pour you a glass of Beer. Kai.

23 Likes

Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by chris4gold(m): 8:56pm On Feb 06
Slap him

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by Caleb15(m): 9:10pm On Feb 06
Stand strong

1 Like

Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by johnog4sure: 9:25pm On Feb 06
2 words "man up"

7 Likes

Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by BobbieZion(m): 9:41pm On Feb 06
Standstrong:

Don't ever give up...
From your narrative, you seem to be that kind of a very soft and quiet person. So people tend to take you for granted.
No worries......I was once there, before I now understood that in life especially Nigerians don't ever take nonsense, and hit back at your oppressor as quick as possible without remorse.
Let them know say you self na werey.
Now I always show Dem that I am willing to die to keep my dignity.

All of a sudden they say I am rude and arrogant, I say yes I like am like that......when I was cool and gentle they thought I had no sense.

The slogan this year na "No gree for any b*ga.
Be a Man.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by Sirhush(m): 10:24pm On Feb 06
Plan your self and also pray. Plan that I mean tell your God by this time I am leaving this work and also pray too. Am sure you deserve better

8 Likes

Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by Pat081: 11:00pm On Feb 06
Standstrong:
I'm tired of this life
Talk to someone do not take your life we are all in this together

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by Standstrong: 11:39pm On Feb 06
Breatheon:
If he's not coming back soon, for the sake of your health, look for money elsewhere and go to the hospital to check yourself first.

He's coming back till after two weeks. With the way I'm feeling, how would I continue to live with the present health state the next two weeks or more without going to hospital? I pray the cold is not pneumonia.
Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by Itiskdg121(m): 12:09am On Feb 07
Face your fears
Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by CheedyJ(m): 1:44am On Feb 07
Oga wey u use ur 500 auction, embezzle and discombobulated him face, mtcheew
Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by galantjoe(m): 2:45am On Feb 07
Stop the work immediately
Report this current incident to police
Sometime police maybe your friend
By the way it is cheaper to report to police for a case. It won't cost much

3 Likes

Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by Yankee101: 2:50am On Feb 07
It’s not even a joke but consider going to the village and farming

Farm your way out of povertyl

It’s better than the life you just described

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What's The Best Way To Prepare For Tony Elumelu Foundation Competition / "UK Employer Asking For My Linkedin Password" / Things You Should Not Say In A Job Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.