Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? (20504 Views)

My Testimony After My Boss Sacked Me / My Job Is At Risk Because Of Office Romance Involving My Boss / The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by rickleye: 6:56pm On Feb 08
Standstrong:

N22k/month

Quit ! I’ll pay you one month salary as well
Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by baronaaaire: 6:57pm On Feb 08
Worked in a hotel like that in PH (Lasmall hotel and resorts) I left my 1month salary with them

I no kuku like wahala, everything u stated was my situation there;late payment, abuse, etc

Worst of it the guy is a politician, a Fmr HOR member (PHALGA 2)

na God go punish am sha

4 Likes

Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by Xkale1996(m): 7:25pm On Feb 08
Standstrong:
I'm being seriously abuse at my current place of work by my boss.

I work in a hotel, one day in, one day out.

I started working there October last year, and I received the October salary ending of November after so much deductions that took almost 40% of what supposed to the salary. I received November salary middle of December (same thing) and since then, no payment again. We are in February and I have needs for the money.

Just in case he had forgotten, I earlier on reminded him of December salary and he didn't say a thing.

Due to my exposure in the hotel, over time, I'm experiencing some negative changes on my health.

At the close of work, I have no where else to sleep than to prepare a place at the open bar and that is where I sleep.

Cool air and mosquitoes deal with me to no small measure. As a result, I have been sick of constant malaria/typhoid and apparently, cold.

The cold part is evident at the constant chest pain and difficulty in breathing I have and sometimes I'm almost down completely due to it. I can't even carry myself to do what I'm supposed to do due to serious chest pains.

With all the symptoms of bad health, I need to visit hospital for care. So last week, knowing he was about to travel, I went to remind him of my salary so I can visit hospital. Since I know he's someone with anger issue, first, I pleaded he shouldn't be mad at me for approaching him concerning the matter. So he pretended to be calm but the moment I mentioned my salary, he went mad and emptied the whole glass of beer he was drinking on me, not minding the white shirt I was putting on.

Not just doing that, he stood up violently as though he wanted to slap me (have done that before) and that was when I shifted away from the place, with my whole body in mess.

The following day, he travelled. I thought he was going to pay me (even pay off) before traveling but he didn't.

With all the abuse and more going on in the place, I want to stop the work even though I have nothing else at hand now.

Some people are saying I should stop the work forthwith and "treat his f"up", but I don't understand what that means and I'm not ready for anything violence or will lead to someone else.

I just want to get my 2 months+ salary immediately so I can go to the hospital and check my health. I know how I am feeling inside me and life is only one. He can keep his job with abuse.

Na poverty and unemployment cause am.

How much is even the salary? Upon all the suffering in the place?

Please what is the best thing for me to do now?

Note: "treating his fk'up" is no option at all.
what are you experiencing concerning your health
Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by MamaletASO: 7:51pm On Feb 08
Was ur placenta sealed up there??

If you can't leave there , then remain there

Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by Standstrong: 8:15pm On Feb 08
idonhammer:
Is nothing,what is the name.

ok
Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by Standstrong: 8:16pm On Feb 08
Xkale1996:
what are you experiencing concerning your health

Serious cold and chest pains
Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by Standstrong: 8:21pm On Feb 08
CockPit:

If you send to my inbox evidence like your employment letter and something that shows you are real. I will send you the two months pay and advice that you leave that job and go look for something else to do. Do not fight him. The society is lawless and you have passed through abuses already.

Reply your DM sir please. Thanks
Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by CockPit: 8:22pm On Feb 08
Standstrong:

Ok. Give me a moment.
Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by cjfavour(m): 8:34pm On Feb 08
As if you don't know that if he's not contributing anything that the wicked slave master will sack him. Sometimes don't contribute to a topic instead of this, OK?
Kenchez:
When employers don't see your contribution to the team or business, they begin to question what they pay you and act this way. It is quite unfortunate. My advice to you is try and make yourself valuable by contributing more than you currently contribute to the business if you still feel like working there. He will appreciate you more and meet your demands. I am quite sure that there are people in that business this same boss of yours will not joke with. The key is making yourself MORE VALUABLE by contributing more than you currently do.
Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by Standstrong: 8:41pm On Feb 08
DaddyGngeess:

That is where they are beating, slapping for salary that will not even be upto 20k self, God will help i would have love to send u money to treat urself but who knows if this your story na true self, i have learned alot of lessons here

It's ok sir. I understand your fear. It is well.
Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by Standstrong: 8:44pm On Feb 08
Beey:
Contact Brekete Family, the ordinary president. People are so wicked & arrogant. People are toiling for his business, but when it’s time to pay their dues, he becomes abusive. May God have mercy on Africa!

Thank you for this suggestion.
Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by Standstrong: 8:46pm On Feb 08
princemillla:

The constant chest pain n difficult in breathing. You already have bronchi pneumonia. Quit exposing urself to too much cold.
Use Robb on ur chest pls

Thank you. I'm even applying Aboniki
Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by Standstrong: 8:48pm On Feb 08
DaddyGngeess:

That is where they are beating, slapping for salary that will not even be upto 20k self, God will help i would have love to send u money to treat urself but who knows if this your story na true self, i have learned alot of lessons here

I don't know how to convince you on this. If you are led, you can still help regardless. Thanks
Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by CockPit: 8:57pm On Feb 08
Standstrong:

I didnt see any dm
Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by Standstrong: 9:11pm On Feb 08
CockPit:

I didnt see any dm

Please check again
Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by AgbadoDie: 9:17pm On Feb 08
Love800:
Am a drop-out.
Am considering going to NOUN soon.

Ok
That's good
Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by CockPit: 9:18pm On Feb 08
Standstrong:

Please check again

I responded to your email.
Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by doneback04: 9:25pm On Feb 08
Allsmilez999:
“Bear” with him.

Are you with your normal senses? Someone that abuse someone with pouring him drink you said he should bear with such individual,?
Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by Ten06(m): 9:41pm On Feb 08
Pneumonia has almost taken over your lung and you are still there until you will collapse and die one day.
Walk away from that tvpid man and you will meet a better opportunity. Do not waste your future with a boss who treat you like a piece of shit with no dignity
Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by Love800(m): 9:56pm On Feb 08
Yea.
Tankz
AgbadoDie:

Ok
That's good
Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by Houseontherock1: 10:05pm On Feb 08
free2ryhme:

Someone is owing you over 2 months salary, physical abuse and poured beer on you, you also got sick becos of nature of work and you still book spaces in comment section immediately after initial thread I know you are a lying bastard
He probably didn't get any responses and he had to keep the thread alive by replying himself undecided

@OP, report him to human rights activists like some people said...he may be too connected for police to handle it for you
Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by Standstrong: 10:33pm On Feb 08
idonhammer:
Is nothing,what is the name.

I replied this post sir.
Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by MrCaesar: 10:42pm On Feb 08
Look for a good lawyer and sue him. Negotiate to pay the lawyer from proceeds of the case
Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by LEGALSER: 10:51pm On Feb 08
Standstrong:
I'm being seriously abuse at my current place of work by my boss.

I work in a hotel, one day in, one day out.

I started working there October last year, and I received the October salary ending of November after so much deductions that took almost 40% of what supposed to the salary. I received November salary middle of December (same thing) and since then, no payment again. We are in February and I have needs for the money.

Just in case he had forgotten, I earlier on reminded him of December salary and he didn't say a thing.

Due to my exposure in the hotel, over time, I'm experiencing some negative changes on my health.

At the close of work, I have no where else to sleep than to prepare a place at the open bar and that is where I sleep.

Cool air and mosquitoes deal with me to no small measure. As a result, I have been sick of constant malaria/typhoid and apparently, cold.

The cold part is evident at the constant chest pain and difficulty in breathing I have and sometimes I'm almost down completely due to it. I can't even carry myself to do what I'm supposed to do due to serious chest pains.

With all the symptoms of bad health, I need to visit hospital for care. So last week, knowing he was about to travel, I went to remind him of my salary so I can visit hospital. Since I know he's someone with anger issue, first, I pleaded he shouldn't be mad at me for approaching him concerning the matter. So he pretended to be calm but the moment I mentioned my salary, he went mad and emptied the whole glass of beer he was drinking on me, not minding the white shirt I was putting on.

Not just doing that, he stood up violently as though he wanted to slap me (have done that before) and that was when I shifted away from the place, with my whole body in mess.

The following day, he travelled. I thought he was going to pay me (even pay off) before traveling but he didn't.

With all the abuse and more going on in the place, I want to stop the work even though I have nothing else at hand now.

Some people are saying I should stop the work forthwith and "treat his f"up", but I don't understand what that means and I'm not ready for anything violence or will lead to someone else.

I just want to get my 2 months+ salary immediately so I can go to the hospital and check my health. I know how I am feeling inside me and life is only one. He can keep his job with abuse.

Na poverty and unemployment cause am.

How much is even the salary? Upon all the suffering in the place?

Please what is the best thing for me to do now?

Note: "treating his fk'up" is no option at all.

If to say na some guys, they for don put kala for this man body. No dey allow your fellow man treat you like thrash. Fight your battles

1 Like

Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by Emekuz256(m): 10:54pm On Feb 08
As in I no fit ooo. I go work like this suffer suffer my self you no go pay me for that month, you dey mad 😤😤
MyExpression:

Not a hotel who's ceo pays workers directly, or who is accessible to his workers on a daily- that they even know his itinerary.

Na local hotel dey Jones like this.

You owe me for 1 month, I'm not working the next month.

Na trekking and hungry belle I go use come d work?!

1 Like

Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by idonhammer: 11:17pm On Feb 08
Check your account.

I have sent it.

Standstrong:

I replied this post sir.
Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by Warmaterial(m): 12:56am On Feb 09
U no go sell everything inside the hotel and Japa to another state, alaye calculate well o
Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by Ilekokonit: 1:46am On Feb 09
Standstrong:
So last week, knowing he was about to travel, I went to remind him of my salary so I can visit hospital. Since I know he's someone with anger issue, first, I pleaded he shouldn't be mad at me for approaching him concerning the matter. So he pretended to be calm but the moment I mentioned my salary, he went mad and emptied the whole glass of beer he was drinking on me , not minding the white shirt I was putting on.

Before someone else will respect you, you have to have respect for yourself first. By allowing a fellow man to slap you and you still remain working for him, you are telling him that he can do anything to you as you are his slave.

I would rather work as a laborer on a construction site (it pays more by the way) than put up with a boss that insults me talk less of pouring beer on my head or slapping me. Dem never born any employer well wey go do that to me because I will knock him out flat and I will be justified in the eyes of the law.

Its up to you how you choose to be treated though.
Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by Standstrong: 2:31am On Feb 09
Ilekokonit:

Before someone else will respect you, you have to have respect for yourself first. By allowing a fellow man to slap you and you still remain working for him, you are telling him that he can do anything to you as you are his slave.

I would rather work as a laborer on a construction site (it pays more by the way) than put up with a boss that insults me talk less of pouring beer on my head or slapping me. Dem never born any employer well wey go do that to me because I will knock him out flat and I will be justified in the eyes of the law.

Its up to you how you choose to be treated though.

Thank you for your time and contribution
Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by Standstrong: 2:33am On Feb 09
Ten06:
Pneumonia has almost taken over your lung and you are still there until you will collapse and die one day.
Walk away from that tvpid man and you will meet a better opportunity. Do not waste your future with a boss who treat you like a piece of shit with no dignity

God forbid. I will not collapse and die. I'm going to the hospital as soon as I'm able to

1 Like

Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by Georgekyrian(m): 4:48am On Feb 09
MyExpression:

If it's not too late, report the case to the police with evidence.
Apply for resignation through the right channel...let the police be aware too.

Possibly report at a higher police division.

How much is his salary, how much to write statement for police?
Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by Solidex(m): 5:03am On Feb 09
Psn weh owe you 2months salary, still get mind they pour you bear.
Omo, E show say you be Confirm Bollo.
You for brake that bear bottle choke the mother fucker for neck.
You are too weak.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Rite Foods / FAAN Shortlisted Candidates For Interview And Physical Fitness- Bothering Issues / Top 10 Core Questions You MUST Ask In A Job Interview To Land Your Dream Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.