Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,924 members, 7,810,546 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:53 AM

My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? (20477 Views)

My Testimony After My Boss Sacked Me / My Job Is At Risk Because Of Office Romance Involving My Boss / The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by CHRISTFUCKER: 2:54am On Feb 07
Grab him by the balls and suck onto it
Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by ConfusePoint: 7:20am On Feb 07
CHRISTFUCKER:
Grab him by the balls and suck onto it

Lol.

That's not the solution bro.

Only God knows how the employers abuse us everyday at work.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by AreaGovo: 7:22am On Feb 07
I would suggest you wait for him to return and tender your resignation and ask for your pay off package
Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by DontSuckToto: 7:24am On Feb 07
This should be on front page.

Seun, Mynd44, Nlfpmod, Dominique
Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by Standstrong: 9:21am On Feb 07
AreaGovo:
I would suggest you wait for him to return and tender your resignation and ask for your pay off package

I really wish I can wait but it's my body and I know how I am feeling.
Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by BeStroNG(m): 12:35pm On Feb 07
Na why I no like some people. If na me, I for carry the remaining beer pour am back. Nonsense! I might be working for you, however, that doesn't give you power to deal with me anyhow you choose like.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by Starboytwo(m): 2:19pm On Feb 07
I worked in a hotel too one time. I no dey bother ask for my salary.

The amount of money I dey carry normally per day, dem suppose arrest me.

Salary na 20k. Room na 15k.
Sometime 2 rooms. Onetime I did 4 rooms. Settle cleaner and security, act like mumu, yes sir yes sir.

Wetin consine me.

3 Likes

Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by We4all: 3:45pm On Feb 07
Starboytwo:

Sometime 2 rooms. Onetime I did 4 rooms. Settle cleaner and security, act like mumu, yes sir yes sir.

Wetin consine me.

Some employers deserve this kind of treatment.

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by We4all: 3:47pm On Feb 07
Standstrong:
I'm tired of this life

What is your job description? If you have access to funds, pay yourself salary and japa. No gree for anybody.
Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by Standstrong: 3:50pm On Feb 07
We4all:

What is your job description? If you have access to funds, pay yourself salary and japa. No gree for anybody.

Actually but some days I don't even touch any physical cash. Payments are made via POS.
Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by Standstrong: 3:53pm On Feb 07
Starboytwo:

Wetin consine me.

You were a front desk officer. Mine is laundry although I support bar too.
Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by Standstrong: 10:33am On Feb 08
I just bought a kg of cooking gas for N1300.

Am I still in Nigeria or somewhere else?

3 Likes

Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by CoronaVirusPro: 12:25pm On Feb 08
Beat him up!
Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by Coconunu(m): 12:30pm On Feb 08
Standstrong:
I'm tired of this life
Oga if u need ur salary u will know how to get...
Una dey make sales for the hotel na , DO LIKE ME....PAY URSELF &QUIT

1 Like

Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by tivity101: 12:33pm On Feb 08
Taar don't ever repeat that nonsense from your mouth again. There are extent to the things one can bear not this one abeg
I think he should seek opinion/advice from human rights activists, those guys I have seen helped vulnerable people

Allsmilez999:
Bear with him.

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by Sabadon(m): 12:33pm On Feb 08
Allsmilez999:
Bear with him.
you mean BEER with him grin

1 Like

Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by remiopash: 12:34pm On Feb 08
Standstrong:
I'm being seriously abuse at my current place of work by my boss.

I work in a hotel, one day in, one day out.

I started working there October last year, and I received the October salary ending of November after so much deductions that took almost 40% of what supposed to the salary. I received November salary middle of December (same thing) and since then, no payment again. We are in February and I have needs for the money.

Just in case he had forgotten, I earlier on reminded him of December salary and he didn't say a thing.

Due to my exposure in the hotel, over time, I'm experiencing some negative changes on my health.

At the close of work, I have no where else to sleep than to prepare a place at the open bar and that is where I sleep.

Cool air and mosquitoes deal with me to no small measure. As a result, I have been sick of constant malaria/typhoid and apparently, cold.

The cold part is evident at the constant chest pain and difficulty in breathing I have and sometimes I'm almost down completely due to it. I can't even carry myself to do what I'm supposed to do due to serious chest pains.

With all the symptoms of bad health, I need to visit hospital for care. So last week, knowing he was about to travel, I went to remind him of my salary so I can visit hospital. Since I know he's someone with anger issue, first, I pleaded he shouldn't be mad at me for approaching him concerning the matter. So he pretended to be calm but the moment I mentioned my salary, he went mad and emptied the whole glass of beer he was drinking on me, not minding the white shirt I was putting on.

Not just doing that, he stood up violently as though he wanted to slap me (have done that before) and that was when I shifted away from the place, with my whole body in mess.

The following day, he travelled. I thought he was going to pay me (even pay off) before traveling but he didn't.

With all the abuse and more going on in the place, I want to stop the work even though I have nothing else at hand now.

Some people are saying I should stop the work forthwith and "treat his f"up", but I don't understand what that means and I'm not ready for anything violence or will lead to someone else.

I just want to get my 2 months+ salary immediately so I can go to the hospital and check my health. I know how I am feeling inside me and life is only one. He can keep his job with abuse.

Na poverty and unemployment cause am.

How much is even the salary? Upon all the suffering in the place?

Please what is the best thing for me to do now?

Note: "treating his fk'up" is no option at all.
Sad . Take him to this place if your workplace is in Lagos https://thejusticecourt.com/meet-the-judge/
Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by blowjohn(m): 12:35pm On Feb 08
Pour a glass of 40 year old whiskey on him.

Show him who's boss.
Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by chukskafor(m): 12:37pm On Feb 08
No do gra gra pass yourself, who pass you, pass you ; the only language when em type de hear na native law.....

Had it been you are somewhere around Edo state, I for say make you go report am for Ayelala shrine, na speed of light em go take pay you your money.

Better still, you no get village ni? Report am give your village people, by the time them bring out em file for meeting, all that em shenanigans go end.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by lincs25(m): 12:38pm On Feb 08
Tell him to pay you off and quit the job. Is either he will start begging you to stay or he will pay you and you will quit the job and look for another one. Getting hotel job is experience, now you have the experience it will be easy for you to get another one.
Standstrong:

I started working there October last year, and I received the October salary ending of November after so much deductions that took almost 40% of what supposed to the salary. I received November salary middle of December (same thing) and since then, no payment again. We are in February and I have needs for the money.

Just in case he had forgotten, I earlier on reminded him of December salary and he didn't say a thing.

Due to my exposure in the hotel, over time, I'm experiencing some negative changes on my health.

At the close of work, I have no where else to sleep than to prepare a place at the open bar and that is where I sleep.

Cool air and mosquitoes deal with me to no small measure. As a result, I have been sick of constant malaria/typhoid and apparently, cold.

The cold part is evident at the constant chest pain and difficulty in breathing I have and sometimes I'm almost down completely due to it. I can't even carry myself to do what I'm supposed to do due to serious chest pains.

With all the symptoms of bad health, I need to visit hospital for care. So last week, knowing he was about to travel, I went to remind him of my salary so I can visit hospital. Since I know he's someone with anger issue, first, I pleaded he shouldn't be mad at me for approaching him concerning the matter. So he pretended to be calm but the moment I mentioned my salary, he went mad and emptied the whole glass of beer he was drinking on me, not minding the white shirt I was putting on.

Not just doing that, he stood up violently as though he wanted to slap me (have done that before) and that was when I shifted away from the place, with my whole body in mess.

The following day, he travelled. I thought he was going to pay me (even pay off) before traveling but he didn't.

With all the abuse and more going on in the place, I want to stop the work even though I have nothing else at hand now.

Some people are saying I should stop the work forthwith and "treat his f"up", but I don't understand what that means and I'm not ready for anything violence or will lead to someone else.

I just want to get my 2 months+ salary immediately so I can go to the hospital and check my health. I know how I am feeling inside me and life is only one. He can keep his job with abuse.

Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by Charmingrascal(m): 12:38pm On Feb 08
Standstrong:
I have tried to stand strong but I'm tired

Which state are u?
Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by evictor305: 12:39pm On Feb 08
One thing i have come to learn in life is "Never lose your health for money because you'll ultimately use that money to find health but you may not get it"
Standstrong:

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by Skillsnigeria: 12:40pm On Feb 08
Hmmm, job seekers don suffer for this Nigeria
Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by Tradepunter2: 12:41pm On Feb 08
Intelligence isn't part of you..... How will you not consider making a move after making late payments twice? They rope your destiny Now you bidding your time on a useless coward in the hopes he will change..... Na waaa

1 Like

Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by RainMoreDFARMS(f): 12:43pm On Feb 08
Why do I have this feeling, at this write up is just for the (sympathy) financial aid he aims to get from nairalanders.
At least he knows one or two people from here will ask for his details to send him something.
It is well sha
Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by princemillla(m): 12:48pm On Feb 08
Allsmilez999:
Bear with him.

Even with the abuse?

Wat kind of stupid bear is that?
Omoooo
Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by grandstar(m): 12:48pm On Feb 08
"treating his fk'up"

It can also mean you getting a lawyer.

Do other workers suffer similar fate? Any case he has no right to treat you this way
Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by StarRida: 12:49pm On Feb 08
Look for any human rights office and report this matter best way but sluggish in recovery your salary... option two if the salary is huge you can collide with a police officer and promise him quarter of the money you can as well visit a hospital first run some tests and start treating your self then add the hospital expenses on the money he is owning you this the fastest way but be ready for case because no be person wey call police dey always dey win case
Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by yahmohy27: 12:51pm On Feb 08
Meerahbel:

Fear is what kill many people. Tomorrow listen to Wazobia FM 95.1 FM to report this issue

Do this ,but prepare to leave the job
Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by Kinzo0917(m): 12:51pm On Feb 08
Standstrong:

If you are in abuja, visit HUMAN RIGHT RADIO 📻 ON BREKETE FAMILY PROGRAM, AND ORDINARY PRESIDENT AHMAD ISAH WILL HELP YOU RECOVER YOUR MONEY 💰 INSTANTLY IF WHAT YOU HAVE SAID IS TRUE

YOU CAN DOWNLOAD BREKETE CONNECT AND LAY YOUR COMPLAIN

YOU CAN WATCH BREKETE FAMILY ON YOUTUBE, FACEBOOK AND STARTIMES AS FROM 7:30am Mondays to saturdays

IF YOU WANT MORE INFO, LET ME KNOW

1 Like

Re: My Boss Poured A Glass Of Beer On Me, What Should I Do? by mightyhaze: 12:52pm On Feb 08
Slurp it wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What's The Best Way To Prepare For Tony Elumelu Foundation Competition / "UK Employer Asking For My Linkedin Password" / Things You Should Not Say In A Job Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.