Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,533 members, 7,812,655 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:56 PM

There's Is Life Outside Work - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / There's Is Life Outside Work (12156 Views)

Flour Mills Workers Stage Protest Outside The Company Seeking A Increased Salary / Lady Caught On CCTV Dancing Outside Her New Place Of Work After Getting A Job / Why Is Life So Unfair? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

There's Is Life Outside Work by Hamachi(f): 8:47am On Feb 08
There is life outside Work.

We appeal to employers of labor to understand that there is life outside the office. Encourage employees to go home early and when due to be with their families, staying late in the office frequently has consequences on the family circle.

During exigency working late is understandable but making it mandatory that employees should work late or stay in the office as long as they are in the office is not the best practice.

I was once in this situation during my early career days, I was asked to stay back till the MD left, He finally left at 10:15 pm. I went home by commercial transport and ended up in one chance, everything I had was collected from me. They dropped me off at Costain, I had to trek from there to Surulere because I had nothing on me to reach anyone for help. I resumed work the following morning and told me HoD, she spoke on my behalf but I only got a sorry, after life goes on.

I have heard several complaints from colleagues and friends. One of my friend's husband was beaten to a stupor and was robbed because of going home late. At other times the children suffer because mummy and daddy live very early and come back late.

We implore employers to encourage all employees to go home early and as when due. Stay back late does not mean one is dedicated, if an employee comes in early and ensures their 8 hours is productive, 5:00 pm is a good time to go home.

Remember a good home also makes a good and productive employee.

105 Likes 9 Shares

Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by HeatSeeker(m): 10:15am On Feb 08
You never see anything. Quiet quiting has now become a serious offence in the corporate world. All employees are expected to go above and beyond; this includes working extra hours. All for the sake of adding value.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by Pojomojo: 10:34am On Feb 08
HeatSeeker:
You never see anything. Quiet quiting has now become a serious offence in the corporate world. All employees are expected to go above and beyond; this includes working extra hours. All for the sake of adding value.
Which kind useless extra hours, are they paying for the overtime. Are you expected to work and die? Don't you have a life of your own

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by HeatSeeker(m): 11:12am On Feb 08
Pojomojo:
Which kind useless extra hours, are they paying for the overtime. Are you expected to work and die? Don't you have a life of your own

No overtime payment should be expected, after all, it is part of going above and beyond grin. Saturday work from home has now been normalised in some places. If you no do, other people dey wey dey find work go do.

10 Likes

Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by Pojomojo: 11:13am On Feb 08
HeatSeeker:

No overtime payment should be expected, after all, it is part of going above and beyond grin. Saturday work from home has now been normalised in some places. If you no do, other people dey wey dey find work go do.
When would you have time for your family?

4 Likes

Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by HeatSeeker(m): 11:19am On Feb 08
Pojomojo:
When would you have time for your family?

grin it's all part of adding value as an employee. Your family can use the money from the job, so they will understand.

6 Likes

Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by Matrix137(m): 12:50pm On Feb 08
Quite an interesting topic

9 Likes

Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by SleekyP(m): 2:26pm On Feb 08
HeatSeeker:

Are you an HR? Or a business owner?
Let’s start from there angry

8 Likes

Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by SleekyP(m): 2:27pm On Feb 08
Pojomojo:
Don’t mind him….any coy that does that will be in soup….it’s just a phone call.

11 Likes

Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by Pojomojo: 2:38pm On Feb 08
SleekyP:

Don’t mind him….any coy that does that will be in soup….it’s just a phone call.
Phone call to who?

6 Likes

Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by Pojomojo: 2:39pm On Feb 08
HeatSeeker:

grin it's all part of adding value as an employee. Your family can use the money from the job, so they will understand.
Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by HeatSeeker(m): 2:58pm On Feb 08
SleekyP:

Are you an HR? Or a business owner?
Let’s start from there angry

Does it matter?! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Anybody that has a job that is paying should consider themselves lucky and do all that is necessary to keep it! Economy is not smiling at anyone.

2 Likes

Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by HeatSeeker(m): 2:58pm On Feb 08
Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by HeatSeeker(m): 2:59pm On Feb 08
Pojomojo:
Phone call to who?

Abeg help me ask o! Who you gonna call?! Ghosbusters?! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by Pojomojo: 6:40pm On Feb 08
angry
HeatSeeker:

1 Like

Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by Effiongman(m): 6:51pm On Feb 08
Closing at 4 p.m is ok, but staying longer than that is not worth it. Have a particular day in the week when you close 3.30pm if you notice you usually don't have much business that day. Just a day in a week will go a long way.

A few years ago, when I was running my exchange business, some days we closed at 3.00 p.m. because we could work from anywhere between 3 and 4 pm. It involves taking an order and filling it out online within 5 to 10 minutes. We had just two staff.

In the future, I will incorporate a resting room for men and another for women where staff can rest during break periods or if they just need that rest once I start my farm business.

We should treat humans fairly; our staff are not our slaves. God brought them to help us achieve our goal, and we are to treat them the way we would love to be treated.

Peter Effiong
https://paymaster.com.ng

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by Dullboi: 7:13pm On Feb 08
Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by Rexymania(m): 8:36pm On Feb 08
Very true

5 Likes

Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by Hamachi(f): 8:50pm On Feb 08
Matrix137:
Quite an interesting topic
You mind sharing your experience.
Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by talk2hb1(m): 11:07pm On Feb 08
If you think your employer love you, wait till someone more valuable than you come on board, you will know your level.

I had my fair share of experience of working late till when Boss is pleased, then I was working at ChamsSwitch one of Chams subsidiaries, working as a software developer.

We will work till late 10:00-10:30, I won't get home on the mainland till maybe 11:00-11:30pm when I got to my area in Araromi before Iyana Ipaja at 12:15am. I was accosted by Police Men on patrol pointing guns at me when they were chasing Indian Hemp seller, accusing me of going their to buy Hemp, Las las they let me go.

Hence I downloaded brain for myself online and quit, ChamsSwitch is still owing me more than a million naira till date.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by honour7: 6:11am On Feb 09
Even senior man that took only a penalty, his club celebrated him as if he played the full match

16 Likes

Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by Oyindamolah: 8:02am On Feb 09
True

3 Likes

Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by IyaTola: 3:29pm On Feb 10
honour7:
Even senior man that took only a penalty, his club celebrated him as if he played the full match
Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by Rubyjade: 9:38am On Feb 11
shocked
HeatSeeker:
Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by Bitecoin: 1:10pm On Feb 12
Hamachi:
There is life outside Work.

We appeal to employers of labor to understand that there is life outside the office. Encourage employees to go home early and when due to be with their families, staying late in the office frequently has consequences on the family circle.

During exigency working late is understandable but making it mandatory that employees should work late or stay in the office as long as they are in the office is not the best practice.

I was once in this situation during my early career days, I was asked to stay back till the MD left, He finally left at 10:15 pm. I went home by commercial transport and ended up in one chance, everything I had was collected from me. They dropped me off at Costain, I had to trek from there to Surulere because I had nothing on me to reach anyone for help. I resumed work the following morning and told me HoD, she spoke on my behalf but I only got a sorry, after life goes on.

I have heard several complaints from colleagues and friends. One of my friend's husband was beaten to a stupor and was robbed because of going home late. At other times the children suffer because mummy and daddy live very early and come back late.

We implore employers to encourage all employees to go home early and as when due. Stay back late does not mean one is dedicated, if an employee comes in early and ensures their 8 hours is productive, 5:00 pm is a good time to go home.

Remember a good home also makes a good and productive employee.

You are heartless o, you can put all of these online yet the same job you posted or is it ur bf, makes one work from 1am to 6pm , my brother is having consistent migraines, the target you set were unrealistic and the more reason people quit the job, even a marketer for a bank doesn't work that much, no one can do ur tasks without having health issues and here you are calling kettle black, you are more like the way indians put Nigerians to work, no one can do ur job and be productive.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by Rubyjade: 7:11am On Feb 13
grin
Bitecoin:

You are heartless o, you can put all of these online yet the same job you posted or is it ur bf, makes one work from 1am to 6pm , my brother is having consistent migraines, the target you set were unrealistic and the more reason people quit the job, even a marketer for a bank doesn't work that much, no one can do ur tasks without having health issues and here you are calling kettle black, you are more like the way indians put Nigerians to work, no one can do ur job and be productive.

1 Like

Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by Hamachi(f): 7:13am On Feb 13
If you are smart enough you would know I help people by posting jobs. Join the WhatsApp group on my profile for more jobs.
Bitecoin:

Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by Bitecoin: 7:14am On Feb 14
Hamachi:
If you are smart enough you would know I help people by posting jobs. Join the WhatsApp group on my profile for more jobs.

Until you have blood on yours hands or someone dies from attending one of the jobs you posts , it is only then you will know that you have to scrutinize the kind of jobs you post till it gets you into trouble.

4 Likes

Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by Pojomojo: 6:10pm On Feb 27
HeatSeeker:

Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by HeatSeeker(m): 6:50pm On Feb 28
Pojomojo:

😏
Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by Jewessgratitud3: 9:51am On Feb 29
This was exactly the same reason I stopped working on the island.

I'll get to office by latest 8am from mainland to island everyday and close late because as a secretary now you no fit go when chairman still dey office. Even with staff bus, we'll sit in third mainland traffic jam till all my legs and feet are swollen. You'll get home exhausted and useless to yourself.

I couldn't even meet up for weekly church activities. I told God see o it's the nature of my job that is affecting my service to you and started praying for a change of career that will give me time to serve God and give me time for myself.

God led me into teaching line and from there I did a partime program on phonetics and diction courses (, I originally studied office management/ secretarial studies) . After I completed the programme, I left full time teaching and took up partime jobs. Now before 12pm I'm done. I resume 9 am and Latest 1pm Ive closed for the day. Rest well and go for my weekly activities because I'm a chorister so I have to be in church to take praise and worship before sermon commences.

There's Life after work and all employers should know this and give their staff time to rest and recoup energy for the next days work.
Stress and exhaustion from work kills.

Body no be firewood

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by bouncin04(m): 9:52am On Feb 29
Employers have got to stop projecting their miseries on employees tbh.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Vacancies @ Etihad / / 200,000 Youths About To Become Jobless As November Approaches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.