Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,520 members, 7,812,613 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

There's Is Life Outside Work - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / There's Is Life Outside Work (12155 Views)

Flour Mills Workers Stage Protest Outside The Company Seeking A Increased Salary / Lady Caught On CCTV Dancing Outside Her New Place Of Work After Getting A Job / Why Is Life So Unfair? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by EconomistXplain: 11:28am On Feb 29
DIVINEEVIDENCE:

You are doing the work of the labour union.

The NLC, TUC, ASUU and various other unions were set up primarily for pursuing the welfare of Nigerian workers.

Comrade Adams Oshiomole was a man who understood his job in those days.

Apart from Prof. Osodeke of ASUU, one can hardly think of any other organized labour union president in recent times who has mastered the art of holding the government's balls with sustained pressure until their demands are met.

Given that most of our current labour leaders are mostly politicians, political lackeys or plain judases; one should read their offer letter thoroughly before accepting any job.

There are some demanding jobs one can manage while single which would become an Achilles's heel if they don't quit it for marriage to give more attention to their kids or spouses.

Which yeye ohoiomole understood job....dude like the national show off nd logger heads wit the FG...he just loves lime light....nothing more!!!
Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by merits(m): 11:57am On Feb 29
Hamachi:
There is life outside Work.

We appeal to employers of labor to understand that there is life outside the office. Encourage employees to go home early and when due to be with their families, staying late in the office frequently has consequences on the family circle.

During exigency working late is understandable but making it mandatory that employees should work late or stay in the office as long as they are in the office is not the best practice.

I was once in this situation during my early career days, I was asked to stay back till the MD left, He finally left at 10:15 pm. I went home by commercial transport and ended up in one chance, everything I had was collected from me. They dropped me off at Costain, I had to trek from there to Surulere because I had nothing on me to reach anyone for help. I resumed work the following morning and told me HoD, she spoke on my behalf but I only got a sorry, after life goes on.

I have heard several complaints from colleagues and friends. One of my friend's husband was beaten to a stupor and was robbed because of going home late. At other times the children suffer because mummy and daddy live very early and come back late.

We implore employers to encourage all employees to go home early and as when due. Stay back late does not mean one is dedicated, if an employee comes in early and ensures their 8 hours is productive, 5:00 pm is a good time to go home.

Remember a good home also makes a good and productive employee.
To closed early no matter na money matter,if you closed early and no money for pocket that is useless I would rather stay late till my family slept off and I sneak in to avoid stories that touch.😂😂😂😂😂

TEAM NIGHT CRAWLER FOR LIFE.👠👠👠👠If you know you know.

3 Likes

Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by NoToPile: 12:17pm On Feb 29
bukatyne:

You took this personal ke cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Yes oo very very personal.
Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by Pojomojo: 12:49pm On Feb 29
Daniel7543:
This is Africa where we have poor time management and working hours.

You will work and work and work and work and work and work and work until you dieeeeeeeeeee
You die and the replace you in minutes.

1 Like

Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by Pojomojo: 12:51pm On Feb 29
merits:
To closed early no matter na money matter,if you closed early and no money for pocket that is useless I would rather stay late till my family slept off and I sneak in to avoid stories that touch.😂😂😂😂😂

TEAM NIGHT CRAWLER FOR LIFE.👠👠👠👠If you know you know.
it's obvious you don drop money for food

2 Likes

Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by Pojomojo: 12:52pm On Feb 29
BigBashiru:

Why did you not take them to the National Industrial Court to recover your money? The court even has an app on playstore.
Really?!
Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by BigBashiru: 1:46pm On Feb 29
Pojomojo:
Really?!

Yes search NICN on playstorr and "National Industrial Court of Nigeria" on Google. Theater rulings and previous rulings are all there.

1 Like

Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by Class01: 1:54pm On Feb 29
Let someone try "telecom mast" "energy / maintenance companies" (operations department). Then you may want to rewrite this beautiful topic.

1 Like

Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by mctech(m): 2:08pm On Feb 29
Chinese employers are the worst, especially factories and construction companies.

They work Monday to Sunday, no off day or leave. Any day you are absent you lose the day's wage.

Coupled with their terrible pay, CCECC workers had to stay a massive protest on Abeokuta and the then governor Amosun addressed them saying 'If you can cope, leave their job.'

They are currently the worst employer in Nigeria, treating our people as slaves.

3 Likes

Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by mctech(m): 2:09pm On Feb 29
Chinese employers are the worst, especially factories and construction companies.

They work Monday to Sunday, no off day or leave. Any day you are absent you lose the day's wage.

Coupled with their terrible pay, CCECC workers had to stay a massive protest on Abeokuta and the then governor Amosun addressed them saying 'If you can cope, leave their job.'

They are currently the worst employer in Nigeria, treating our people as slaves.
Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by spencekat(m): 2:09pm On Feb 29
IyaTola:
IT DEPEND ON THE INDUSTRY
Sure
Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by mctech(m): 2:09pm On Feb 29

Their pay is terrible.They work Monday to Sunday, no off day or leave. Any day you are absent you lose the day's wage.

CCECC workers had to stay a massive protest on Abeokuta and the then governor Amosun addressed them saying 'If you can't cope, leave their job.'

Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by ThePundit14(m): 3:20pm On Feb 29
Pls the diction/Phonetics training was it done online?. If yes, pls share the link. I'd love my wife to take same. Thank you

Jewessgratitud3:
This was exactly the same reason I stopped working on the island.

I'll get to office by latest 8am from mainland to island everyday and close late because as a secretary now you no fit go when chairman still dey office. Even with staff bus, we'll sit in third mainland traffic jam till all my legs and feet are swollen. You'll get home exhausted and useless to yourself.

I couldn't even meet up for weekly church activities. I told God see o it's the nature of my job that is affecting my service to you and started praying for a change of career that will give me time to serve God and give me time for myself.

God led me into teaching line and from there I did a partime program on phonetics and diction courses (, I originally studied office management/ secretarial studies) . After I completed the programme, I left full time teaching and took up partime jobs. Now before 12pm I'm done. I resume 9 am and Latest 1pm Ive closed for the day. Rest well and go for my weekly activities because I'm a chorister so I have to be in church to take praise and worship before sermon commences.

There's Life after work and all employers should know this and give their staff time to rest and recoup energy for the next days work.
Stress and exhaustion from work kills.

Body no be firewood

1 Like

Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by dangoteinlaw: 4:25pm On Feb 29
HeatSeeker:

grin it's all part of adding value as an employee. Your family can use the money from the job, so they will understand.
You make it seem as though they are not even paying that much to begin with.
Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by vefexam: 5:09pm On Feb 29
BigBashiru:

Yes search NICN on playstorr and "National Industrial Court of Nigeria" on Google. Theater rulings and previous rulings are all there.

I just checked and there is nothing there.

Can you please share the link or a screenshot
Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by BigBashiru: 5:38pm On Feb 29
vefexam:

I just checked and there is nothing there.

Can you please share the link or a screenshot

Please Google national industrial court Nigeria and take it from there

1 Like

Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by Rubyjade: 10:07pm On Feb 29
Class01:
Let someone try "telecom mast" "energy / maintenance companies" (operations department). Then you may want to rewrite this beautiful topic.
Re-write it as how?
Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by Rubyjade: 10:08pm On Feb 29
mctech:

What's your source?
Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by Class01: 12:15pm On Mar 01
Rubyjade:
Re-write it as how?

I mean if you have detailed knowledge of the job I mentioned above, you will have more to add to your write up.

1 Like

Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by Rubyjade: 2:42pm On Mar 01
wink
Class01:

I mean if you have detailed knowledge of the job I mentioned above, you will have more to add to your write up.
Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 5:35pm On Mar 01
EconomistXplain:

Which yeye ohoiomole understood job....dude like the national show off nd logger heads wit the FG...he just loves lime light....nothing more!!!

Those are unwritten job descriptions of a labour union leader.

Anyone who finds those characters distasteful should remain offstage and allow those who are motivated to do the job.
Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by Daviestunech(m): 2:10pm On Mar 02
Jewessgratitud3:

I'll get to office by latest 8am from mainland to island everyday and close late because as a secretary now you no fit go when chairman still dey office. Even with staff bus, we'll sit in third mainland traffic jam till all my legs and feet are swollen. You'll get home exhausted and useless to yourself.

I couldn't even meet up for weekly church activities. I told God see o it's the nature of my job that is affecting my service to you and started praying for a change of career that will give me time to serve God and give me time for myself.

God led me into teaching line and from there I did a partime program on phonetics and diction courses (, I originally studied office management/ secretarial studies) . After I completed the programme, I left full time teaching and took up partime jobs. Now before 12pm I'm done. I resume 9 am and Latest 1pm Ive closed for the day. Rest well and go for my weekly activities because I'm a chorister so I have to be in church to take praise and worship before sermon commences.

There's Life after work and all employers should know this and give their staff time to rest and recoup energy for the next days work.

Body no be firewood

Quite unfortunate.

Infact I just got a job on the island lekki to be precise .

I was told I will resume 8am ND close 5pm though I might work beyond that time in some cases.

Though the salary is better

I discussed with my friend if I can stay with him on the island and he gave me assurance .

I resumed yesterday at their branch at Glover road ikoyi

The hr explain somethings to me about lateness that 3k will b deducted if I come late ND so on.

Unfortunately my friend texted me that I can't stay again at his place because it was his company that provided the lodge and they won't allow another person to stay with him.

And mind you I stay on the mainland which I can't make it to lekki exactly 8am but 9am is still ok.

Moreover,I already packed my belongings inside my brother's car which I drove to ikoyi yesterday thinking after closing I will just drive down to my friend's place and return my brother's car on Sunday.

Immediately I got the update I went to the hr office yesterday and wanted to tell her the new challenges I'm having but she wasn't around I had to tell her assistant.

And if possible the organization has accomodation they can provide they should let me know.

Naso I left yesterday ooo.

Till now I haven't heard anything from them and no pressure about it.

Even though I have done all my documentation with them yesterday.

I can't kill myself 8am to 5pm
Monday till Saturday
No public holiday

1 Like

Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by Jewessgratitud3: 2:40pm On Mar 02
Daviestunech:

Quite unfortunate.

I was told I will resume 8am ND close 5pm though I might work beyond that time in some cases.

I discussed with my friend if I can stay with him on the island and he gave me assurance .

The hr explain somethings to me about lateness that 3k will b deducted if I come late ND so on.

Unfortunately my friend texted me that I can't stay again at his place because it was his company that provided the lodge and they won't allow another person to stay with him.

And mind you I stay on the mainland which I can't make it to lekki exactly 8am but 9am is still ok.

Moreover,I already packed my belongings inside my brother's car which I drove to ikoyi yesterday thinking after closing I will just drive down to my friend's place and return my brother's car on Sunday.

Immediately I got the update I went to the hr office yesterday and wanted to tell her the new challenges I'm having but she wasn't around I had to tell her assistant.

And if possible the organization has accomodation they can provide they should let me know.

Monday till Saturday
No public holiday

Hmmm... The working condition is so harsh. How can they say theyll remove 3k for lateness knowing it impossible to meet up considering your location? That's wickedness.

It means You have to be waking up by 4:30. am hmmm..

1 Like

Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by Rubyjade: 7:23pm On Mar 02
Jewessgratitud3:

Hmmm... The working condition is so harsh. How can they say theyll remove 3k for lateness knowing it impossible to meet up considering your location? That's wickedness.

3:30 am
Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by Jewessgratitud3: 7:27pm On Mar 02
Rubyjade:
3:30 am

He should forget about sleeping then.

1 Like

Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by Daviestunech(m): 9:23pm On Mar 02
Jewessgratitud3:

Seriously!!

I already told them I can't make it without accomodation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by Rubyjade: 9:23pm On Mar 04
grin
Jewessgratitud3:

He should forget about sleeping then.
Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by Hamachi(f): 6:16pm On Mar 16
wink
Jewessgratitud3:

Body no be firewood
Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by Pojomojo: 7:00am On Mar 28
wink
BigBashiru:

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by Pojomojo: 7:00am On Mar 28
bukatyne:

Would you like services to be very fast?

When you have issues with your bank, SIm card, equipment at home and other services, do you want them resolved as quickly as possible?
Yes of course.
Re: There's Is Life Outside Work by bukatyne(f): 5:41pm On Apr 14
Daviestunech:

Quite unfortunate.

Monday till Saturday
No public holiday

@bold:

That is the red flag for you except they work in shifts.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Vacancies @ Etihad / / 200,000 Youths About To Become Jobless As November Approaches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.