Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,187 members, 7,811,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:30 PM

AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast (63015 Views)

Pls Be Careful With Opay If You Dont Want To Have Heart Attack / Nigerian Traders โ€˜under Attackโ€™ In Ghana / Mani Manoharan, Dangote's Manager Dies In India After Suffering Heart Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by DonXavi(m): 2:59pm On Feb 08
High Chief Osondu Nwoye was the richest Igbo businessman based in Ivory Coast before yesterday, but what the late Anambra-born billionaire did not see coming Is watching his darling Super Eagles play yesterday in Ivory Coast, where he lives and runs his flourishing business, going to ultimately cost him his life?

By this time yesterday, High Chief Osondu was still alive, hale, and hearty.

He travelled to Bourke, the city that hosted the Super Eagles match yesterday, to watch his darling Super Eagles play.

He loves football and is patriotic for his home country.

According to eyewitnesses, the High Chief was on top of the moon, shouting on top of voice, when Victor Osimen scored that second goal, which was later cancelled by VAR.

May be the shock of seeing the goal cancelled and penalty awarded to South Africa was too much to bear for his fragile heart, which failed immediately, which resulted in the High Chief collapsing inside the stadium.

All the frenetic efforts to revive him failed, as he was rushed to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

While the whole country was rejoicing yesterday, the people of the Amanuike community in Anambra State, where he came from, were mourning.

They just lost an illustrious person, the richest man in the community, who was an iroko who provided shelter, shade, and succour to many in that community.

His immediate family is in mourning too.

They just lost a friend, a father, and a benefactor.

A reminder to the rest of us suffering from underlying illnesses like high blood pressure. to stay away from watching tension-soaked Super Eagles matches.

At the end of the day, it is not worth it.

Because the late Chief was not an outlier, many people slumped to death watching the match yesterday, and this includes a serving youth corper serving in Adamawa.

The other side of watching football, which we wouldn't discuss well enough,

May their souls rest in peace.

https://www.facebook.com/share/EH8GwKH61xSDA2D7/?mibextid=oFDknk

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by Lance008(m): 3:01pm On Feb 08
Is this real?

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by FarmPlanetNG: 3:02pm On Feb 08
Stop watching sports in live time people please. For 15-19 years plus, i only watch match replays. This leeps my BP safe. If you are above forty, reduce the tensed scenarios you expose yourself to

312 Likes 13 Shares

Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by DonXavi(m): 3:04pm On Feb 08
Yesterday game really killed people o. If you don't have the mind to watch tensed games please it is advisable toswitch off your TV set.

These ones also died of heart attack yesterday

133 Likes 6 Shares

Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by EducasionMe(m): 3:08pm On Feb 08
Why were feple deing

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by matify83: 3:08pm On Feb 08
The number of Nigerians reported to have died from watching yesterday's match is worrisome.

Nairaland has reported 4 so far to my knowledge chief amongst them is Hon. Cairo ojugboh. There was the corper in Numan Adamawa state, Kwara varsity bursa and this fellow here.

I always tell people to instead watch replay or highlights if you know you have a heart condition or is very anxious during such games.

Even yours truly know wetin body tell me watching that match last night. Na today I begin get myself small small .

As far as the finals is concerned, I will be supporting Nigeria in the spirit, I no get enough strength for live viewing again but if Nigeria can go 4 goals up , then I can rescind my decision and watch

197 Likes 11 Shares

Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by madridguy(m): 3:12pm On Feb 08
R. I. P to him... The match yesterday too get tension and pressure.

95 Likes 5 Shares

Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by femisplash: 3:19pm On Feb 08
RIP, hearts were really racing, flying and jumping out of the mouth like Argentina-France final. However, the "richest nigeria in ivory coast" was an unneccessary sensationalism.

120 Likes 12 Shares

Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by inoki247: 3:19pm On Feb 08
Be like say Yesterday match na Terrorist act in disguise.....

This one people from young to old dey die..

Football is so emotional that before you watch any match you need to consult your Dr first for check up before you proceed to watch....

If we wey dey watch heart dey beat like this abg how the Coach nd the players heart go dey beat....

Arsenal Fans and Man UTD fans you guys are hero grin grin

105 Likes 8 Shares

Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by Truths9ja: 3:21pm On Feb 08
Rip ๐Ÿชฆ to him. Meanwhile, Nigerian teacher receives a guard of honor from his students in ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ after Super Eagles defeated SA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8i1tyxGdS4

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by MadamExcellency: 3:23pm On Feb 08
There is an advantage to being an Arsenal fan. You get used to this scenario. It makes you emotionally stable and mature.

Congrats to Arsenal Fans. You can't die of heartbreak because it's part of military training for being a fan.

282 Likes 21 Shares

Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by kenny714433(m): 3:24pm On Feb 08
Yesterday's match took so many patriots. See as I was sweating and very chilly in a large hot viewing hall.
The transition from 2:0 to 1:1 was just too difficult to bear facing a team like SA and knowing the pedigree of their keeper.

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by Saao(m): 3:27pm On Feb 08
An arsenal fc fan at 70 can watch any match. We must learn to reduce our passion for football it's just a game

105 Likes 4 Shares

Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by DeOTR: 3:28pm On Feb 08
matify83:
The number of Nigerians reported to have died from watching yesterday's match is worrisome.

Nairaland has reported 4 so far to my knowledge chief amongst them is Hon. Cairo ojugboh. There was the corper in Numan Adamawa state, Kwara varsity bursa and this fellow here.

I always tell people to instead watch replay or highlights if you know you have a heart condition or is very anxious during such games.

Even yours truly know wetin body tell me watching that match last night. Na today I begin get myself small small .

As far as the finals is concerned, I will be supporting Nigeria in the spirit, I no get enough strength for live viewing again but if Nigeria can go 4 goals up , then I can rescind my decision and watch
KWASU Bursar died yesterday? shocked cry

9 Likes

Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by Racoon(m): 3:39pm On Feb 08
Another sad development. Watching live football matches is not for the faint hearted.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by Ensa777(f): 3:53pm On Feb 08
I'm not surprised in fact there might even be more casualties.
this is the only football match I follow and I tell you yesterday my kids were scared at my reactions. grin. when the the 1:1 shi started my heart started palpitating. For someone whose BP continually reads 110/80, I knew there was a problem and logged out. You could now imagine ppl with already existing health conditions.

Rest in Power Chief!

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by richiemcgold: 4:07pm On Feb 08

Na wa o. Me sef make I just say na luck I get yesterday.

The way my heart they do me during that match, e be like say e wan fail. I never felt like that before in my life. My heart come dey beat so fast and loud. E dey do like ji-gbi-ji-gbi, gbi-gbi-gbi! I no fit stand, I no fit siddon; I was seriously on edge throughout the penalty shootout. Yet I no wan commot my eyes for TV. I can't believe say I still get passion for Nigeria like dis o. The thing surprise me.

82 Likes 7 Shares

Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by Iliveforever(m): 4:09pm On Feb 08
A lot of people really died in this game oo, I wonder what will happen in the final

14 Likes

Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by Seunpapa65: 4:45pm On Feb 08
If mind no touch just stay off โŒโŒ

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by virginchaser(m): 4:50pm On Feb 08
It's safer to prepare yourself for the worst scenario to avoid heart attack.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by Bukola94: 4:50pm On Feb 08
MadamExcellency:
There is an advantage to being an Arsenal fan. You get used to this scenario. It makes you emotionally stable and mature.

Congrats to Arsenal Fans. You can't die of heartbreak because it's part of military training for being a fan.
Arsenal fans are the greatest and strongest. The most faithful fans throughout the whole worldwide

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by Bukola94: 4:54pm On Feb 08
DeOTR:
KWASU Bursar died yesterday? shocked cry
deputy bursar

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by emperor4love(m): 5:11pm On Feb 08
DonXavi:
Yesterday game really killed people o. If you don't have the mind to watch tensed games please it is advisable toswitch off your TV set.

These ones also died of heart attack yesterday
u no add coper way die

5 Likes

Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by Despacito1: 5:13pm On Feb 08
DonXavi:
High Chief Osondu Nwoye was the richest Igbo businessman based in Ivory Coast before yesterday, but what the late Anambra-born billionaire did not see coming Is watching his darling Super Eagles play yesterday in Ivory Coast, where he lives and runs his flourishing business, going to ultimately cost him his life?

By this time yesterday, High Chief Osondu was still alive, hale, and hearty.

He travelled to Bourke, the city that hosted the Super Eagles match yesterday, to watch his darling Super Eagles play.

He loves football and is patriotic for his home country.

According to eyewitnesses, the High Chief was on top of the moon, shouting on top of voice, when Victor Osimen scored that second goal, which was later cancelled by VAR.

May be the shock of seeing the goal cancelled and penalty awarded to South Africa was too much to bear for his fragile heart, which failed immediately, which resulted in the High Chief collapsing inside the stadium.

All the frenetic efforts to revive him failed, as he was rushed to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

While the whole country was rejoicing yesterday, the people of the Amanuike community in Anambra State, where he came from, were mourning.

They just lost an illustrious person, the richest man in the community, who was an iroko who provided shelter, shade, and succour to many in that community.

His immediate family is in mourning too.

They just lost a friend, a father, and a benefactor.

A reminder to the rest of us suffering from underlying illnesses like high blood pressure. to stay away from watching tension-soaked Super Eagles matches.

At the end of the day, it is not worth it.

Because the late Chief was not an outlier, many people slumped to death watching the match yesterday, and this includes a serving youth corper serving in Adamawa.

The other side of watching football, which we wouldn't discuss well enough,

May their souls rest in peace.

https://www.facebook.com/share/EH8GwKH61xSDA2D7/?mibextid=oFDknk

It could be true, me as a young man felt the hypertension too, Inside my body was hot inside cold snow Weather. My heart beating fast when it was 1:1. I just imagined aged people how they will manage the tension. Don't watch if you have HPD level issues please. I told my siblings not to allow my popsi watch that game.. E get why..

27 Likes

Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by gaby(m): 6:09pm On Feb 08
Super Eagles wan begin compete with Boko Haram?

17 Likes

Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by fati2001(m): 6:23pm On Feb 08
Sports, especially football isn't for the faint hearted.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by fati2001(m): 6:24pm On Feb 08
Bukola94:
Arsenal fans are the greatest and strongest. The most faithful fans throughout the whole worldwide
And the blues.
๐Ÿ˜€

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by Malroux: 6:43pm On Feb 08
fati2001:

And the blues.
๐Ÿ˜€
Sharap. Chelsea is better than arsenal.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by Curious345: 6:55pm On Feb 08
Oh lord

1 Like

Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by PARADIZEPRIEST: 6:59pm On Feb 08
Do you see what the so called rich people do.
They value hypes and highs of emotions which they don't know is anoda level to catch up with the beyond. angry Rich Africans are never calm but too vabacious humans they bust so soon. angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by Namaster: 7:11pm On Feb 08
Super Eagles are the new unknown gunmen. grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by ify2016: 7:12pm On Feb 08
I wouldn't have believed all these deaths saga initially not until i remembered my Boss calling me yesterday night narrating how he couldn't sleep after experiencing BP developed during super eagles game. He was seriously shivering while on call with me after watching the match. I was even scared too. On resumption this morning, he's so happy with me for saving his life.

Men, avoid watching football if you know you're hypertensive. It get why.

47 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fake Bank Alert! The New Trend? Nigerian Lady Laments As She Falls Victim / Who Are Those Behind Dangote Group ? (photos) / 10 Men Aliko Dangote Cannot Do Without

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.