Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,928 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:47 PM

AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast (63030 Views)

Pls Be Careful With Opay If You Dont Want To Have Heart Attack / Nigerian Traders ‘under Attack’ In Ghana / Mani Manoharan, Dangote's Manager Dies In India After Suffering Heart Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by Ewroghene1(m): 12:17am On Feb 09
Corper too

Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by finallybusy: 12:58am On Feb 09
No surprise here.
Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by completeskills: 1:08am On Feb 09
From 2 - 0 to 1 - 1. How will people not die? This VAR is both a blessing and a curse.
Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by Aguogba(m): 1:23am On Feb 09
matify83:
The number of Nigerians reported to have died from watching yesterday's match is worrisome.

Nairaland has reported 4 so far to my knowledge chief amongst them is Hon. Cairo ojugboh. There was the corper in Numan Adamawa state, Kwara varsity bursa and this fellow here.

I always tell people to instead watch replay or highlights if you know you have a heart condition or is very anxious during such games.

Even yours truly know wetin body tell me watching that match last night. Na today I begin get myself small small .

As far as the finals is concerned, I will be supporting Nigeria in the spirit, I no get enough strength for live viewing again but if Nigeria can go 4 goals up , then I can rescind my decision and watch
I put off the game immediately SA scored that penalty. It was too painful to watch at that point to avoid heart attack.

1 Like

Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by Ilekokonit: 1:24am On Feb 09
DonXavi:
Yesterday game really killed people o. If you don't have the mind to watch tensed games please it is advisable toswitch off your TV set.

These ones also died of heart attack yesterday

The older you get the less the heart has the ability to withstand stress or too much excitement.

Another 43-year-old man, Mikail Osundiji, died while watching the semi-final football match between Nigeria and the Republic of South Africa in Abeokuta, Ogun State.

It was gathered that Osundiji went into shock and died while watching the match at a public football viewing centre in Olomoore area of Abeokuta.

The father of two reportedly died when the referee cancelled Nigeria’s second goal against South Africa, by Victor Osimhen.
https://www.nairaland.com/7995093/more-tragedy-nigeria-safrican-match-father

Similar thing happened in 2018 when a Nigerian doctor lost his life while watching the Super Eagles lose to Argentina in their final group D fixture of the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.

Dr. Canice Ebirim, a consultant at the Federal Teaching Hospital Abakaliki (FETHA), died during the Super Eagles and Argentina match.

While confirming the news, the Chief Medical Director (CMD), of the hospital, Emeka Ogah, said Ebirim died within the period of the match.

According to him, a friend of the deceased revealed that he started behaving funny within that period.

“Ebirim’s friend said that the deceased started moving suspiciously and solicited for assistance which made him intervene and took him (Ebirim) to the hospital.

Efforts made to revive him at our hospital proved abortive as he died but we would liaise with his family to conduct an autopsy.

We are surprised at his death because he consulted at the hospital on Tuesdays. We have to wait till autopsy is conducted to draw further conclusions,” he told NAN.

The Super Eagles crashed out of the 2018 FIFA World Cup after the 1-2 loss to Argentina. The game saw Marcos Rojo score a late goal which broke the heart of many Nigerian fans.
https://www.nairaland.com/4586423/doctor-canice-ebirim-dies-while

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by quickly: 2:14am On Feb 09
Many ppl don’t know their BP. No be ball cos am the BP done high pass normal
Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by favour32(m): 2:15am On Feb 09
MadamExcellency:
There is an advantage to being an Arsenal fan. You get used to this scenario. It makes you emotionally stable and mature.

Congrats to Arsenal Fans. You can't die of heartbreak because it's part of military training for being a fan.
We strong gidigba.
Our hearts don dey use to turbulence in beating rhymes.
Arsenal do us.

1 Like

Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by LagosG: 2:35am On Feb 09
MadamExcellency:
There is an advantage to being an Arsenal fan. You get used to this scenario. It makes you emotionally stable and mature.

Congrats to Arsenal Fans. You can't die of heartbreak because it's part of military training for being a fan.
Iswearugad
Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by Anatolia: 3:01am On Feb 09
ManOfSon:
This is sad. And it's not the only one. I used to be like this - shaking with cold even in warm weather - once it's Nigeria in the AFCON or Arsenal against any other team. I will not forget AFCON 1984 which Cote d'Ivoire also hosted. Nigeria scored first in the final against Cameroon, then wilted under an onslaught spearheaded by Theofile Abega and Roger Milla. I couldn't eat that night. However, the older I became, the wiser I became too. I know exactly when to distract my heart under pressure to save it from itself. I also have a Samsung S10 which I no longer use for phone. I've kept it because I can use it to monitor my cardiovascular health. It checks the stress level, including your heartbeat per minute (BPM) range. It's been very helpful. Heart health is the most important type of health. Don't ever joke with it.

You na ancestor.
Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by Princeokwuego1(m): 4:15am On Feb 09
Alot of weak people..what if you bet nko?
Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by ify2016: 4:31am On Feb 09
firearcher:

Your boss no get wife for house? cheesy

Yes. She's in UK

1 Like

Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by motionarena: 4:40am On Feb 09
Judolisco:
Who named him d richest? And why yesterday game dey give people high blood pressure? Na so people like 9ja reach?

Me sef dey wonder.

1 Like

Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by georgeakins: 5:37am On Feb 09
toujurs:
Your envy, is the reason why you are still poor. Guy go and work. And earn a proper living for yourself.

It's because of bitter men like you, i sometime encourage women not to settle for broke men. Your mates are earning, you are on Nairaland jumping from thread to thread.

Lazy youth.

You think everyone is poor and hopeless like you.?
Which work do you do? You that spend your entire life on nairaland.

The real people filled with bitterness and envy are your delusional and illiterate blodas.

1 Like

Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by dikings(m): 5:39am On Feb 09
Football is Just a game. Perhaps dieing for a country like Nigeria is not worth it at all
Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by xaggar(m): 5:53am On Feb 09
The solution to such deaths due to the high BP thing, (apart from refraining so as to watch the highlights later) is to support one team and place your winning bet on the other team.

You may support Nigeria physically and emotionally but just incase we loose, you still enjoying winning some cash courtesy of the other team.

That way your heart beat is regulated and you'll live.

Lol!
Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by Psoul(m): 6:55am On Feb 09
The major thing killing them is the hype places on that match due to the country we played with.
Nigeria and South Africa is always like they are dragging who the Giant of Africa really is.

The tension got built up. No one want to lose cos of the trolling they will receive both online and in real life. That was the major cause of the high tension in the match coupled with the patriotic nature of Nigerians.
Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by sam1990(m): 8:17am On Feb 09
I almost got hypertension that night.the tension was much 😳.thank God almighty and my lovely wife who was telling me.dear calm down
Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by Thazard(m): 9:24am On Feb 09
MadamExcellency:

gringringrin
Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by Sleekfingers: 10:48am On Feb 09
I just watch football it ant sport for watching sake. And it is just a game to me. If Nigeria wins, all well and good... If they lose, life goes on.
Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by PARADIZEPRIEST: 11:01am On Feb 09
NaijaphiliaBlog:

Our most sincere condolences to the family and friends of Chief Osondu (and other families that likewise lost their loved ones yesterday).

It was truly a tension-soaked match o!

@ PARADIZEPRIEST:
Just heard the word vabacious for the first time.

Or maybe you meant the adjective vivacious?

WORD: Vivacious

MEANING: Attractively lively and animated.

SYNONYMS (selected): lively, animated, full of life, spirited, high-spirited, effervescent, bubbling, bubbly, ebullient, buoyant, sparkling, scintillating, light-hearted, carefree, happy-go-lucky, jaunty, merry, happy, jolly, joyful, full of fun, full of the joys of spring, cheery, cheerful, perky, sunny, airy, breezy, bright, enthusiastic, irrepressible, vibrant, vivid, vital, zestful, energetic, dynamic, vigorous, full of vim and vigour, lusty, bright-eyed, bright and breezy, peppy, zingy, zippy, bouncy, upbeat, chirpy, full of beans, chipper.
I admire your quintessential expression of queens english,however let me further expantiate,I meant vociferous, some rich men who are vociferous should not watch naija match,because it is not good for their health. grin
Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by toujurs: 12:13pm On Feb 09
georgeakins:

You think everyone is poor and hopeless like you.?
Which work do you do? You that spend your entire life on nairaland.

The real people filled with bitterness and envy are your delusional and illiterate blodas.
Frustrated poor bastard.

I don't respond to poor people, don't dare quote ever.

Miserable nuisance.
Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by Bukola94: 1:53pm On Feb 09
gladdensir:

We Chelsea fans are also used to heartbeats. We are the greatest supporters in the world.
Really, if you said so, but it is just started after Abrahamovic was forced to sell the club
Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by Bukola94: 1:55pm On Feb 09
fati2001:

And the blues.
😀
blues are just getting started, they may bounce back before the end of this season
Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by ManOfSon: 2:35pm On Feb 09
The more reason you should watch what you post. You know, an ancestor could get riled up, wake up from the great beyond and deliver a serious blow.

Anatolia:

You na ancestor.

1 Like

Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by Indifferent12: 2:53pm On Feb 09
femisplash:
RIP, hearts were really racing, flying and jumping out of the mouth like Argentina-France final. However, the "richest nigeria in ivory coast" was an unneccessary sensationalism.
Nope, man was probably unhealthy and already have blood pressure issue
Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by Rrchrd(m): 3:48pm On Feb 09
I'll be the last person to die bc of any fucking match
Sey wetin happen nah abi I bet
I'm not even the type that bet
Even Nigeria lose or win nothing concern me
I only feel bad when they lose world cup & that is the only one I'm so interested for them to win
Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by BALLOSKI: 4:23pm On Feb 09
FarmPlanetNG:
Stop watching sports in live time people please. For 15-19 years plus, i only watch match replays. This leeps my BP safe. If you are above forty, reduce the tensed scenarios you expose yourself to
Especially when people consume all sorts of foodless food and don't do cardiovascular exercises or do light exercise. You need to work on your heart before subjecting it to any tension.

May God protect us.
Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by actrinity(m): 5:39pm On Feb 09
matify83:
The number of Nigerians reported to have died from watching yesterday's match is worrisome.

Nairaland has reported 4 so far to my knowledge chief amongst them is Hon. Cairo ojugboh. There was the corper in Numan Adamawa state, Kwara varsity bursa and this fellow here.

I always tell people to instead watch replay or highlights if you know you have a heart condition or is very anxious during such games.

Even yours truly know wetin body tell me watching that match last night. Na today I begin get myself small small .

As far as the finals is concerned, I will be supporting Nigeria in the spirit, I no get enough strength for live viewing again but if Nigeria can go 4 goals up , then I can rescind my decision and watch
These are the ones reported by news ooo, what about those that didn't appear on the headlines? Many were dead. In my neighborhood, 7 died. The thing wanted to affect my heart too, but I switched off my television in anger and for the safety of my heart. Nigeria matter no go fit kill me before my time.
Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by DeOTR: 10:57am On Feb 10
Bukola94:
deputy bursar
May God rest his soul.
I didn't have the privilege to meet him. I've only met the Registrar and the Bursar.

1 Like

Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by Bukola94: 3:30pm On Feb 10
DeOTR:

May God rest his soul.
I didn't have the privilege to meet him. I've only met the Registrar and the Bursar.
heya, may God forgive them of their shortcomings and preserve the life of we living beings
Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by toygod2: 5:22pm On Feb 11
Nawa oo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Who Are Those Behind Dangote Group ? (photos) / 10 Men Aliko Dangote Cannot Do Without / Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.