Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,970 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:12 AM

I Helped Him Prepare For Traditional Wedding – Peter Obi On Herbert Wigwe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Helped Him Prepare For Traditional Wedding – Peter Obi On Herbert Wigwe (34474 Views)

Wole Soyinka Reveals How Tinubu & Wife Helped Him In The Past (Throwback Video) / Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React / Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On "The Candidates" Live At 8pm Tonight. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Helped Him Prepare For Traditional Wedding – Peter Obi On Herbert Wigwe by Kuginzi: 7:42am On Feb 11
Presidential candidate of the Labour Party, LP, in the 2023 general elections, Peter Obi has opened up on his relationship with the late Chief Executive Officer of Access Holdings, Roosevelt Herbert Wigwe.

Obi expressed deep sadness over the tragic passing of Wigwe, who he described as a dear friend, recalling how he once helped the Access Bank boss prepare for his traditional wedding.

DAILY POST reports that Wigwe, the Co-founder of Access Bank and the founder, Wigwe University, alongside his wife, Chizoba, son and lawyer, Abimbola Ogunbanjo died in a ghastly helicopter crash on Friday.

The chopper was headed to Las Vegas when it crashed near a border city between Nevada and California on Friday night.

The US government confirmed all on board dead as no survivor has been located as of Saturday morning.

“This loss is profoundly felt across the nation. I first met Herbert during his early days, on the brink of starting his marital journey. I vividly remember assisting him in preparing for his traditional wedding and being there for the ceremony with his wife, Chizoba, from Achina, Anambra State,” he recalled in a post on X.

"Since then, I’ve maintained a connection to his endeavors in my own modest ways. Herbert, a determined and forward-thinking individual, led Access Bank to new heights following his brother Aigboje Aig-Imoukhuede.

“His noteworthy contributions extended beyond the professional realm, with commendable philanthropic efforts in health and education, exemplified by the establishment of Wigwe University, showcasing his deep commitment to education as a driver of development.

"The loss of such an exceptional individual reminds us of life’s fleeting nature, encouraging us to live with a purpose that contributes to the betterment of humanity. My heartfelt thoughts and prayers are with Herbert, his beloved wife, and his son,” he added.

https://dailypost.ng/2024/02/11/wigwe-i-helped-him-prepare-for-traditional-wedding-peter-obi-on-late-access-bank-boss/

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Helped Him Prepare For Traditional Wedding – Peter Obi On Herbert Wigwe by God1000(m): 7:43am On Feb 11
What a big loss, I join millions of other people across the world to mourn his death

134 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Helped Him Prepare For Traditional Wedding – Peter Obi On Herbert Wigwe by ecolime(m): 7:48am On Feb 11
Lamba

58 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Helped Him Prepare For Traditional Wedding – Peter Obi On Herbert Wigwe by Jen002: 7:51am On Feb 11
So sad

1 Like

Re: I Helped Him Prepare For Traditional Wedding – Peter Obi On Herbert Wigwe by BigBlackPreek(m): 7:53am On Feb 11
Peter The Rock

I trust you for support as usual

May the souls of the late access bank CEO,his wife and son and others rest in peace

92 Likes

Re: I Helped Him Prepare For Traditional Wedding – Peter Obi On Herbert Wigwe by derecho(m): 8:05am On Feb 11
Waiting for Tinubu supporters to come and spew thrash

90 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Helped Him Prepare For Traditional Wedding – Peter Obi On Herbert Wigwe by Newstory1: 8:09am On Feb 11
May God show us mercy always

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Helped Him Prepare For Traditional Wedding – Peter Obi On Herbert Wigwe by 123yes(m): 8:13am On Feb 11
Light has gone off for those people who depends on him for survival. I mourn for his community because this a big loss

112 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Helped Him Prepare For Traditional Wedding – Peter Obi On Herbert Wigwe by Skillsnigeria: 8:25am On Feb 11
Hmmm
Re: I Helped Him Prepare For Traditional Wedding – Peter Obi On Herbert Wigwe by idealogical: 8:25am On Feb 11
What's traditional wedding or what you did for the man got to do with the man's death?

This self-serving, deceitful and eye-service man makes everything about him.

Minister of funeral and condolence.

What a nuisance.

80 Likes 15 Shares

Re: I Helped Him Prepare For Traditional Wedding – Peter Obi On Herbert Wigwe by slaawomirr: 8:25am On Feb 11
Damnnn niggar

Obi my niggar

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Helped Him Prepare For Traditional Wedding – Peter Obi On Herbert Wigwe by OmoManU: 8:26am On Feb 11
Opportunist even in the death of another man,

46 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Helped Him Prepare For Traditional Wedding – Peter Obi On Herbert Wigwe by bennybuhari: 8:26am On Feb 11
Vanity upon vanity..but yet, let's still make money before we die

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Helped Him Prepare For Traditional Wedding – Peter Obi On Herbert Wigwe by AntiChristian: 8:26am On Feb 11
embarassed
Re: I Helped Him Prepare For Traditional Wedding – Peter Obi On Herbert Wigwe by BarrElChapo(m): 8:26am On Feb 11
Re: I Helped Him Prepare For Traditional Wedding – Peter Obi On Herbert Wigwe by edlion57(m): 8:27am On Feb 11
Deep down some people will be scared of what will then happen to their money in Access bank...Ur money is under NDIC ,ur money is 💯 safe

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Helped Him Prepare For Traditional Wedding – Peter Obi On Herbert Wigwe by ajimo54(m): 8:28am On Feb 11
derecho:

Any need for this? angry

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Helped Him Prepare For Traditional Wedding – Peter Obi On Herbert Wigwe by adesegun121(m): 8:28am On Feb 11
Just imagine

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Helped Him Prepare For Traditional Wedding – Peter Obi On Herbert Wigwe by cassette(m): 8:29am On Feb 11
idealogical:
What's traditional wedding or what you did for the man got to do with the man's death?

What a nuisance.

Apart from commenting, what else have you done for a fellow man like you ?
Bigger nuisance !

73 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Helped Him Prepare For Traditional Wedding – Peter Obi On Herbert Wigwe by idealogical: 8:30am On Feb 11
derecho:

Sadly, this is all you people see, not empathy, just stone cold heart.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Helped Him Prepare For Traditional Wedding – Peter Obi On Herbert Wigwe by YesDaddyTill203: 8:30am On Feb 11
derecho:
Like the IPOB terrorist leaders followers are known for?
You go wait tire. We have better things to talk about.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Helped Him Prepare For Traditional Wedding – Peter Obi On Herbert Wigwe by Afonja2: 8:30am On Feb 11
derecho:

Just as I am surprised Obi did not blame America government for this. I am sure if the crash had happened in Nigeria, the eedi0t would have blamed FG.

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Helped Him Prepare For Traditional Wedding – Peter Obi On Herbert Wigwe by Irony1: 8:32am On Feb 11
idealogical:

What a nuisance.

Can you stop being so dense. His wife is from Anambra and PO and Wigwe had been friends years back prior to banking consolidation done by Soludo so it is not what one would lie with.

19 Likes

Re: I Helped Him Prepare For Traditional Wedding – Peter Obi On Herbert Wigwe by Jomonix: 8:32am On Feb 11
So so sad

2 Likes

Re: I Helped Him Prepare For Traditional Wedding – Peter Obi On Herbert Wigwe by Irony1: 8:32am On Feb 11
OmoManU:
Opportunist even in the death of another man,

Oga just keep silent

15 Likes

Re: I Helped Him Prepare For Traditional Wedding – Peter Obi On Herbert Wigwe by idealogical: 8:33am On Feb 11
cassette:

Apart from commenting, what else have you done for a fellow man like you ?
Bigger nuisance !

I was even surprised the self-serving and emotionally twisted man did not tell us how he bought the man's first feeding bottle and Similac when he was a baby.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Helped Him Prepare For Traditional Wedding – Peter Obi On Herbert Wigwe by yommen: 8:34am On Feb 11
derecho:

Tinubu's fans are not like you with no common sense.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Helped Him Prepare For Traditional Wedding – Peter Obi On Herbert Wigwe by AmazingELixir: 8:34am On Feb 11
Ok
Re: I Helped Him Prepare For Traditional Wedding – Peter Obi On Herbert Wigwe by WorldRichest: 8:35am On Feb 11
Okay.

I just want to remind everyone that Erastus Akingbola is still living his life.

Sanusi Lamido Sanusi has been disgraced and humiliated twice, Bukola Saraki has been forgotten in national politics, and his home base has been grabbed and snatched from him, and now Herbert Wigwe while enjoying himself has met death.

Only few will remember the type of evil that appened between the four people mentioned above

6 Likes

Re: I Helped Him Prepare For Traditional Wedding – Peter Obi On Herbert Wigwe by idealogical: 8:38am On Feb 11
Irony1:

Can you stop being so dense. His wife is from Anambra and PO and Wigwe had been friends years back prior to banking consolidation done by Soludo so it is not what one would lie with.

What's the man's rubbish about traditional wedding got to do with his death, or what's Anambra, Soludo and banking got to do with his death?

What happened to express your condolence and move on just like the rest of Nigeria?

This man's death shouldnt be about what he did for him or how he organized traditional wedding, this thoughtless and heartless man is just using the man's death to aggrandize and chase clout.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Helped Him Prepare For Traditional Wedding – Peter Obi On Herbert Wigwe by o123456789(m): 8:40am On Feb 11
If it was connection, then Wigwe would have escaped death, meaning everything in life is vanity! Always do good. I can remember when I had an account with Intercontinental bank Plc, my first deposit I did when opening the account was 2,000 Naira, however upon that 2,000 Naira Intercontinental bank Plc added an interest of almost 500 Naira to my account, but the moment Herbert Wigwe's Access Bank acquired Intercontinental bank Plc all interest seized and some people are saying he transformed the banking sector, I just wonder. Illegal bank charges is enough reason for God to recall him and his family!

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Okorocha: Oyegun Should Go To Jail / 21 Chibok Girls Released By BOKO Haram / Babagana Abubakar 'Alagarno' Wanted Boko Haram Terrorist Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.