Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,371 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:51 AM

Valentine: True Love Could Only Be Found In God (Pic) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Valentine: True Love Could Only Be Found In God (Pic) (19681 Views)

A Good Proof That True Love Exists / Be Established In God's Righteousness - Joseph Prince / How I Built My Faith In God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Valentine: True Love Could Only Be Found In God (Pic) by ShoeGetSize: 12:46pm On Feb 18
Science is where atheism draws its ideas from, which is a shame because most of the great scientists from Newton, to Faraday to Descartes were actually devout Christians.

Wait are you trying to say that atheists don't believe that life originated from nothing?

hopefulLandlord:

That's science not atheism. I'm still waiting for you to answer my question

1 Like

Re: Valentine: True Love Could Only Be Found In God (Pic) by hopefulLandlord: 1:07pm On Feb 18
ShoeGetSize:
Science is where atheism draws its ideas from,
no!
Re: Valentine: True Love Could Only Be Found In God (Pic) by ShoeGetSize: 1:25pm On Feb 18
Richard Dawkins is a prominent atheist and a molecular biologist. He claims that science has superceded religion and that science is his religion.

He has a book titled The God Delusion where he argues that Christianity and all other religions is a Delusion or mental illness.

Christopher Hitchens is another popular atheist who says pretty much the same thing in his book titled "God is not great"

Are you calling these men liars?

hopefulLandlord:
no!
Re: Valentine: True Love Could Only Be Found In God (Pic) by Ubdavis(m): 3:13pm On Feb 18
jesusjnr2020:
John 3:16

For God so loved the world,
that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

This is true love and it could only be found in God, not outside.

God bless.

So why does he permit so much suffering ?

As a loving father, I can't allow my children to live in penury when I have what it takes to help them out.

Abeg I no need any mumu Love
Re: Valentine: True Love Could Only Be Found In God (Pic) by Ubdavis(m): 3:15pm On Feb 18
Utanisco:
Unam ikot

Ebot ubom !
Re: Valentine: True Love Could Only Be Found In God (Pic) by Domistar5(f): 4:02pm On Feb 18
And the closest love to God's love is the mother love wink
Re: Valentine: True Love Could Only Be Found In God (Pic) by sgtponzihater1(m): 4:35pm On Feb 18
God expects us to love Him and love our neighbours as ourselves. He will not give a command that he knows we cannot keep. Paul even before becoming a Christian kept all these commandment and only struggled with one.

While God's love is supreme, there is definitely true love in this world. David loved Jonathan, Jacob loved Joseph, wife donate their kidneys to their husband because they love them, and security personnels so love their bosses that they take bullets for them. and the list goes on.

What you should work on is to learn to love others truly and not limit this ability already bestowed on us by God, by saying true love is only in God.
Re: Valentine: True Love Could Only Be Found In God (Pic) by Kemadealadire(f): 5:35pm On Feb 18
I agree, HE is the only one that will still be there when every other person leaves, come to HIM today...best decision ever!

1 Like

Re: Valentine: True Love Could Only Be Found In God (Pic) by Kemadealadire(f): 5:36pm On Feb 18
I agree, HE is the only one that loves unconditionally, the only one that will still be there when every other person leaves, come to HIM today...best decision ever!

1 Like

Re: Valentine: True Love Could Only Be Found In God (Pic) by yommen: 6:31pm On Feb 18
chatinent:
First of all, Valentine isn't even biblical.

But trust preachers.. they must find a verse to cover it up. A smooth criminal act.

The legend of Valentine wasn't even about love! But we don't really read or we choose to read only the parts that agree to our emotions.

That's how they go about saying “heaven helps those who helps themselves.” No go hustle...dey dey misquote.

Nigerians are too religious! But the most backward country! Even those who brought the religion to us for exploitative reasons have left us behind in our delusion.

So that is why Satan became a character so that they can do you wrong and you have Satan to blame.

To grow, learn to stop mixing religion with common sense.

The fact that Valentine's Day is definitely not in the Bible doesn't mean it has nothing to do with Christianity. St Valentinus was a preacher who was all about preaching the love of God. He was executed on February 14th. So, the event is more connected to Christianity than the worldly practice of today.
Re: Valentine: True Love Could Only Be Found In God (Pic) by Emeka71(m): 6:32pm On Feb 18
jesusjnr2020:
True love is a life saver, so endeavour not to do anything anytime, anyday, including today, that will go against true love and make it to be of none effect in your life.

God bless.
I concur.

1 Like

Re: Valentine: True Love Could Only Be Found In God (Pic) by ud4u: 6:54pm On Feb 18
jesusjnr2020:
John 3:16

For God so loved the world,
that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

This is true love and it could only be found in God, not outside.

God bless.

Exactly

1 Like

Re: Valentine: True Love Could Only Be Found In God (Pic) by Melagros(m): 10:41pm On Feb 18
Walai:
Can someone remind me when last a topic from Science and Technology section of naira land made frontpage?
Exactly my brother, even other sections rarely get their news on the front page. I don't know what is wrong with the mods
Re: Valentine: True Love Could Only Be Found In God (Pic) by chatinent: 11:04pm On Feb 18
yommen:

The fact that Valentine's Day is definitely not in the Bible doesn't mean it has nothing to do with Christianity. St Valentinus was a preacher who was all about preaching the love of God. He was executed on February 14th. So, the event is more connected to Christianity than the worldly practice of today.

That's not the true Legend of Valentine. Red again. And it has nothing to do with Christianity.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

One Woman's Quest To Share Christ With A Muslim / Pope Accepts 20-year-old Car Gift From Italian Priest / Ozubulu Catholic Church Massacre: Police Commissioner To Prosecute Perpetrators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.