Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,020 members, 7,810,822 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:13 PM

Herbert Wigwe Opened His Mansion In Lagos Weeks Before Crash - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Herbert Wigwe Opened His Mansion In Lagos Weeks Before Crash (69207 Views)

Herbert Wigwe's House (Mansion) In Ikoyi, Lagos (Video) / Terry Waya Celebrate His Birthday In His Mansion (Photos) / Aurthur Eze Dances To His Favourite Song At His Mansion. Photos/vide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Herbert Wigwe Opened His Mansion In Lagos Weeks Before Crash by sketching: 5:23am On Feb 12
Late Access Bank CEO, Wigwe Opened Multi-Billion Naira Mansion In Lagos Weeks Before His Untimely Death In Helicopter Crash

Nigerian businessman and former chairman of Forte Oil Plc, Femi Otedola, said the Wigwes hosted him and the richest African, Aliko Dangote at the newly built house two weeks earlier.

Herbert Wigwe, the late Group Chief Executive Officer of Access Holdings Plc, opened a multi-billion-naira mansion in Ikoyi, Lagos, weeks before his death.

Wigwe died alongside five others including his wife, Chizoba, son, Chizi and Mr. Abimbola Ogunbanjo, the former Group Chairman of the Nigerian Exchange Group Plc in a helicopter crash in California, US on Friday.

Many aides described the house as one of a kind in the area of Ikoyi known as Queen’s Drive,’ a source told SaharaReporters.

“The house was described as state-of-the-art, with full automation.”

Earlier on Sunday, Nigerian businessman and former chairman of Forte Oil Plc, Femi Otedola, said the Wigwes hosted him and the richest African, Aliko Dangote at the newly built house two weeks earlier.

“I am shocked and saddened to hear of the loss of a banking genius Herbert Wigwe, his dear wife Chizoba and first son Chizi.

Exactly two weeks ago Herbie and his wife hosted myself and Aliko to dinner at his newly built home in Lagos. I will cherish and fondly remember my memories of time spent together with him over the years.”

“Herbie, we will all miss you. Your legacy will live on forever.

“My heartfelt condolences go out to his children Tochi, Hannah and David. I pray God comforts them during this tragic time.

"May the souls of the departed rest in perfect peace…,” he said.

President Bola Tinubu in a statement earlier on Sunday described the death of Wigwe and others in the helicopter as shocking and distressing.

In a statement on Sunday, President Tinubu said, “I am shocked and deeply distressed by the news of the passing of Mr. Herbert Wigwe, a distinguished banker, humanitarian, and entrepreneur, and Mr. Abimbola Ogunbanjo, the former Group Chairman of the Nigerian Exchange Group Plc, along with members of the Wigwe family - Herbert’s wife, Chizoba, and son, Chizi.

“Their passing is an overwhelming tragedy that is shocking beyond comprehension.

“I extend my condolences to the Wigwe and Ogunbanjo families, the business community, and all those impacted by this harrowing incident.

“I pray for the peaceful repose of the departed and ask God Almighty to comfort the multitude of Nigerians who are grieving and the families of the deceased at this deeply agonizing moment.”

SOURCE: SaharaReporters

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herbert Wigwe Opened His Mansion In Lagos Weeks Before Crash by sketching: 5:23am On Feb 12
No one really knows tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4jTo9x7mG8
Re: Herbert Wigwe Opened His Mansion In Lagos Weeks Before Crash by Jnas: 5:47am On Feb 12
Death is an enemy

7 Likes

Re: Herbert Wigwe Opened His Mansion In Lagos Weeks Before Crash by Nbote(m): 6:51am On Feb 12
That Heli was sabotaged

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Herbert Wigwe Opened His Mansion In Lagos Weeks Before Crash by ruggedtimi(m): 7:58am On Feb 12
Na wa
Re: Herbert Wigwe Opened His Mansion In Lagos Weeks Before Crash by ruggedtimi(m): 7:59am On Feb 12
Nbote:
That Heli was sabotaged
the same type of heli was reported to have 5 crashes last year

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Herbert Wigwe Opened His Mansion In Lagos Weeks Before Crash by Nbote(m): 8:09am On Feb 12
ruggedtimi:
the same type of heli was reported to have 5 crashes last year

Perfect for plausible deniability

21 Likes

Re: Herbert Wigwe Opened His Mansion In Lagos Weeks Before Crash by Astra101: 9:19am On Feb 12
I think i read somewhere otedola said him and dangote had dinner together in wigwe new home. Maybe this could be the home.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Herbert Wigwe Opened His Mansion In Lagos Weeks Before Crash by Okortor: 11:07am On Feb 12
RIP HERBERT WIGWE💔

All you are chasing is staked on the the end of life’s fleeting breath. No wonder the Psalmist compared the life of a man to grass…which blooms in its season, but quickly fades away. Sit down and reflect today, take life easy, and only truly labour for that which does not perish- eternal life with Jesus!

112 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Herbert Wigwe Opened His Mansion In Lagos Weeks Before Crash by datola: 11:08am On Feb 12
It is well

1 Like

Re: Herbert Wigwe Opened His Mansion In Lagos Weeks Before Crash by AmuDimpka: 11:08am On Feb 12
sketching:
Late Access Bank CEO, Wigwe Opened Multi-Billion Naira Mansion In Lagos Weeks Before His Untimely Death In Helicopter Crash

SOURCE: SaharaReporters

Sometimes you ask what is the essence of material things and know that life is transient

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Herbert Wigwe Opened His Mansion In Lagos Weeks Before Crash by Lovenorth: 11:08am On Feb 12
This should be lesson for the useless politicians that are killing the people of Nigeria with hunger and starvation

17 Likes

Re: Herbert Wigwe Opened His Mansion In Lagos Weeks Before Crash by Offpoint1: 11:08am On Feb 12
Opened Naira today and I've seen 100 front-page topic about this man... Is he related to Seu'n or what?

5 Likes

Re: Herbert Wigwe Opened His Mansion In Lagos Weeks Before Crash by BigDawsNet: 11:09am On Feb 12
Rest in peace

1 Like

Re: Herbert Wigwe Opened His Mansion In Lagos Weeks Before Crash by WhiteWood: 11:09am On Feb 12
I thought people would learn to avoid helicopters after the tragic death of Kobe and his daughter. Seeing helicopters still makes me upset since Kobe's death, along with others

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Herbert Wigwe Opened His Mansion In Lagos Weeks Before Crash by tishbite43: 11:09am On Feb 12
Abeg next topic please

2 Likes

Re: Herbert Wigwe Opened His Mansion In Lagos Weeks Before Crash by Crafteck1: 11:09am On Feb 12
Point of this info is?

2 Likes

Re: Herbert Wigwe Opened His Mansion In Lagos Weeks Before Crash by user32(m): 11:09am On Feb 12
shame
Re: Herbert Wigwe Opened His Mansion In Lagos Weeks Before Crash by Resetinc: 11:10am On Feb 12
everybody don turn motivational speaker on top this man death …😂

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herbert Wigwe Opened His Mansion In Lagos Weeks Before Crash by ecolime(m): 11:10am On Feb 12
Crafteck1:
Point of this info is ?
The point is life is transient.

We came to this world with nothing and we shall return with nothing.

Stronghold91:
his source of wealth should be investigated
not clean money

Dem say person na Bank CEO, you still dey ask for source of wealth. Omo ase 🙄

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herbert Wigwe Opened His Mansion In Lagos Weeks Before Crash by Stronghold91: 11:10am On Feb 12
not clean money

4 Likes

Re: Herbert Wigwe Opened His Mansion In Lagos Weeks Before Crash by Basiljoe: 11:10am On Feb 12
Rest in peace
Re: Herbert Wigwe Opened His Mansion In Lagos Weeks Before Crash by zebszebs: 11:10am On Feb 12
And how is this information relevant to anything?

You are only providing fodder for the "vanity upon vanity" religious-brainwashed people, who will use his death to assuage their feelings of angst they have against themselves for not having "made it" in life, like the deceased.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herbert Wigwe Opened His Mansion In Lagos Weeks Before Crash by MorataFC: 11:11am On Feb 12
God have mercy
Re: Herbert Wigwe Opened His Mansion In Lagos Weeks Before Crash by Ebukamatth(m): 11:11am On Feb 12
Re: Herbert Wigwe Opened His Mansion In Lagos Weeks Before Crash by nairalanda1(m): 11:11am On Feb 12
Nbote:
That Heli was sabotaged

No, wait till the investigation.
Re: Herbert Wigwe Opened His Mansion In Lagos Weeks Before Crash by occfx: 11:11am On Feb 12
AmuDimpka:

Sometimes you ask what is the essence of material things and know that life is transient

Black man values is so much not because of the comfort but for oppressing the poor.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Herbert Wigwe Opened His Mansion In Lagos Weeks Before Crash by zebszebs: 11:11am On Feb 12
Stronghold91:
not clean money

Your source of poverty should also be investigated.

Its most likely village-people induced.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herbert Wigwe Opened His Mansion In Lagos Weeks Before Crash by seunayantokun(m): 11:12am On Feb 12
Jnas:
Death is an enemy
Death is both an enemy and friend. Not always an enemy, not always a friend.

2 Likes

Re: Herbert Wigwe Opened His Mansion In Lagos Weeks Before Crash by saasala(m): 11:12am On Feb 12
Life has no meaning. We only come to this life to live, eat, get sick, hustle, struggle, suffer, fvk, give birth and die, and then the memory of everything dies with us like we never existed before.

What then is the essence of life?

Anything can kill you at anytime. You can wake up tomorrow morning to discover you have cancer or stroke, you suffer severe pains for a few more years or even months and die. That's the end. You can go out in the morning and just die from car accident or stray bullet or anything.

This dude is a super wealthy man. He has gone now, like he never ever existed. Everything is blank to him. No memories again, nothing.

What then is the essence of life?

When I see people committing suicide, I appreciate their efforts and boldness and temerity to do so. Let them just die. Everyone else will die nonetheless and death itself is an escape from life's troubles.

Life is not worth it abbeg.

Let not a single religious person quote me and start talking about heaven or hell. There is nothing like afterlife. If you want to argue, bring your proofs and show me the person who went to the afterlife to tell the tale.

PS:

"The fear of death is the greatest enemy of man. If you can overcome that fear, you have overcome all" - Gani Fawehinmin

11 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Take A Look At Ifeanyi Ubah's House / Disturbing Pictures From Nigeria Commercial Bank Halls (photos) / Limited Liability Company Incorporation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.