Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,045 members, 7,810,864 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:16 PM

Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) (62892 Views)

Traffic Gridlock: Lagos Orders Filling Stations On Highways To Close By 4pm / Armored Truck Spilled ₦182M On New Jersey Highways, Causes Multiple Car Crashes / Xmas: Travelers Should Be Wary Of This Danger On Interstate Highways (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by Kekydiv(m): 10:38pm On Feb 12
headboyprince:
and who is doing all the embezzements? Ghost and spirits Abi? and what is still standing when every sector of the country has collapsed? with the recent inflation, killings, you better close your dirty mouth

This post is not for dull heads like you.. because I feel you read this post upside down Ewu.. go to school you said no! Now see…
Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by tefund(m): 10:41pm On Feb 12
tctrills:

Every state has roads but when you travel, we can have this debate
I de rivers state naw,the only road that look like a standard road is the popular aba road .

1 Like

Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by cucumbar: 11:13pm On Feb 12
AmuDimpka:
una too dey assume

Not as a tourist...I was staying there !

That place makes sense ..Nigeria is just terrible

Their gendermes or police are courteous! Their roads are neat their capital is called little Paris
my dear don’t mind all these people yarning dust.

Let’s assume you were there as a tourist, tell that man to show you Nigerian tourists areas that have such good roads.
Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by Zhunnurayn(m): 11:20pm On Feb 12
PussyOdour:
shocked

The self acclaimed Giant of Africa will continue to be underdog to other African countries.
With the abundance of wealth God has blessed Nigeria with, Nigeria should be in the league of Saudi Arabia and Qatar, but see Nigeria dragging position with the the likes of Sao Tome and Principe and Djibouti, even Somali is miles ahead of this cesspit. In terms of Killing and abuse of human right, the failed British experiment is dragging place with Afghanistan .

Nigeria the only country on earth ruled by useless noneñtities that are not fit to be house help to people. This failed contraption has a long way to go.

@bolded. Those countries like Qatar have less than half the population of just a State like kano in Nigeria, to cater for. So how can we be the same grin
Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by tctrills: 11:48pm On Feb 12
[quote author=tefund post=128427799]I de rivers state naw,the only road that look like a standard road is the popular aba road .[/quote
Lol
Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by MT: 12:01am On Feb 13
The way you guys diss your country, don't expect any foreigners to show you respect.

Western nations have slums they hide away from you, so you have this impression it is all paradise.

Respect your country and other people will show you respect.

No matter how bad it is, you do not have any place to call home.

Even if you travel abroad, you will still be missing Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by Justrite007: 1:10am On Feb 13
ecolime:

See this man. The US has the most super highways in the world.

China which is second is trailing by thousands of miles.

Always do your research before dropping comments.

Not us but China no Dey talk waytin u no no
Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by seunayantokun(m): 1:46am On Feb 13
(Gi)ant of Africa.
Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by Konquest: 2:12am On Feb 13
Supremos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOm_HBYx6gY?si=cZsStua5e68k0KYz

Trending Video Of Ivory Coast Super Highways; Is Nigeria Truly The Giant Of Africa?
Cote d'Ivoire has always had wide boulevards and clean neighborhoods. The respect for traffic lights even at night was exemplary. This is the reason why the commercial city of Abidjan is regarded as the "Paris" of Africa.

My first trip by a Nigeria Airways Airbus A310 to Abidjan enroute Kotoka Airport (Accra) in the late 1980s (1988) was truly humbling for me. I NEVER underestimated any African country again after seeing the well-planned infrastructure of Cote d'Ivoire right from the Felix Houphoet-Boigny Airport to Hotel d'Ivoire where I stayed in the Cocody District.

Indeed, there's a huge Yoruba Diaspora (mainly from Ejigbo in Osun, Oyo, Kwara, etc) of over 2.8 million according to the Nigerian Embassy official information in Cote d'Ivoire doing international business and other careers in that country for over 100 years now with some having citizenships of that country.

Hands down, Cote d'Ivoire has the best planned cities in West Africa. Even Wode Maya aluded to that in one of his recent videos and said Abidjan was better than anything he had seen in Ghana.
Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by Kushites: 2:21am On Feb 13
Abuja

1 Like

Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by Kushites: 2:23am On Feb 13
Abuja

1 Like

Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by Kushites: 2:32am On Feb 13
Kaduna

Lagos

Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by Kushites: 2:38am On Feb 13

Osun state

Uyo

Port Harcourt

Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by Kushites: 2:48am On Feb 13
Port Harcourt

Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by Kushites: 2:55am On Feb 13
KANO

BORNO

Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by Kushites: 3:03am On Feb 13
ONITSHA

Abuja

Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by Kushites: 3:05am On Feb 13
Lagos

Abuja

LESSON FROM ABOVE PICS = IVORY COAST IS NOT NIGERIA'S MATE.

IN FACT THEY ARE BABIES COMPARED TO NIGERIA IN INFRASTRUCTURE.

THIS WAS ONLY A TINY FRACTION OF THE TOP CLASS ROADS IN NIGERIA.

THERE'S LOADS MORE TO POST IF I HAD THE TIME/ENERGY.

DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON RAIL AND AIRPORT INFRASTRUCTURE, WHERE WE FLOG IVORY COAST LIKE CHILDREN.

UNTIL YOU PEOPLE LEARN TO APPRECIATE YOURSELVES AND YOUR ACHIEVEMENTS AS A COUNTRY, THE WORLD WILL NEVER RESPECT YOU.

2 Likes

Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by AmuDimpka: 6:46am On Feb 13
cucumbar:
my dear don’t mind all these people yarning dust.

Let’s assume you were there as a tourist, tell that man to show you Nigerian tourists areas that have such good roads.

Ivory Coast is far far better than Nigeria in all ramifications from infrastructure to security
Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by AmuDimpka: 6:47am On Feb 13
Kushites:
Lagos

Abuja

DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON RAIL AND AIRPORT INFRASTRUCTURE, WHERE WE FLOG IVORY COAST LIKE CHILDREN.

UNTIL YOU PEOPLE LEARN TO APPRECIATE YOURSELVES AND YOUR ACHIEVEMENTS AS A COUNTRY, THE WORLD WILL NEVER RESPECT YOU.

Oga ivory coast is far far better than Nigeria in terms of infrastructure
Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by AmuDimpka: 6:49am On Feb 13
Konquest:

Cote d'Ivoire has always had wide boulevards and clean neighborhoods. The respect for traffic lights even at night was exemplary. This is the reason why the commercial city of Abidjan is regarded as the "Paris" of Africa.

My first trip by a Nigeria Airways Airbus A310 to Abidjan enroute Kotoka Airport (Accra) in the late 1980s (1988) was truly humbling for me. I NEVER underestimated any African country again after seeing the well-planned infrastructure of Cote d'Ivoire right from the Felix Houphoet-Boigny Airport to Hotel d'Ivoire where I stayed in the Cocody District.

Indeed, there's a huge Yoruba Diaspora (mainly from Ejigbo in Osun, Oyo, Kwara, etc) of over 2.8 million according to the Nigerian Embassy official information in Cote d'Ivoire doing international business and other careers in that country for over 100 years now with some having citizenships of that country.

Hands down, Cote d'Ivoire has the best planned cities in West Africa. Even Wode Maya aluded to that in one of his recent videos and said Abidjan was better than anything he had seen in Ghana.

You don't argue it

Look at Geir AFCON ,look at the world class Stadia that they played the game

Nigeria doesn't have that level of planning

1 Like

Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by wunmite06(m): 8:03am On Feb 13
Nice one, kudos to Ivorians but we have more of these here in Nigeria.
Supremos:
More photos

1 Like

Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by wunmite06(m): 8:10am On Feb 13
You are right, many of these are in Nigeria. We only need good maintenance culture and good leadership in the country. May God help us
Kushites:
Lagos

Abuja

Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by headboyprince(m): 8:35am On Feb 13
Kekydiv:

This post is not for dull heads like you.. because I feel you read this post upside down Ewu.. go to school you said no! Now see…
my dullness is more intelligent than your intelligence. .. if you were near me and make that useless comment, i will remove my belt and flog nonsense out of your body and castrate your small smelling mouth...
Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by Kushites: 11:35am On Feb 13
AmuDimpka:
Ivory Coast is far far better than Nigeria in all ramifications from infrastructure to security

Use your damn brain.

Ivory Coast has barely 25 million people.

Comparing it with Nigeria is dumb.

It’s like comparing India to Malaysia or Singapore.

Of course the latter are more ‘developed’ than India because they only have a tiny population, meaning only a small amount of infrastructure is sufficient for the country, while India has to provide for a billion plus people.

So you WILL find more bad roads in India than in Malaysia or Taiwan.

Just as you will find more bad roads in Nigeria than in Ivory Coast.

In fact using your logic, Ivory Coast is far better than India in everything from infrastructure to security.

In fact Republic of Benin, Togo and Gambia are far better and more developed than India using your logic.

It is DUMB and TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE to compare developing nations of 20 million people to developing nations of 240 million people or more, with infinitely greater challenges than the former.

1 Like

Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by Kushites: 11:55am On Feb 13
AmuDimpka:

You don't argue it

Look at Geir AFCON ,look at the world class Stadia that they played the game

Nigeria doesn't have that level of planning

Use your brain.

What “level of planning”?

Do you think Nigeria has not hosted international tournaments before?

Did Nigeria not host AFCON twice and host the FIFA Under 20 World Cup among other tournaments?

Ivory Coast was granted hosting rights for the AFCON years ago, so why would they not have prepared nice, clean stadia and facilities?

When Nigeria hosted its own tournaments, her facilities were in top class condition as well, or she wouldn’t have passed the FIFA or CAF inspection of facilities.

Mumu people always feeling inferior to others. You’re just hopeless.
Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by tomju2(f): 1:10pm On Feb 13
Debater:
Are you saying we don't have it in Nigeria?
Dey play, whether the devil like am or not, Nigeria is the Giant of Africa
Na just one retired General werey and one accountant drug baron wey spoil am
My brother, drop that "giant of Africa" mantra, it is outdated. Nigeria is an average country. Kidnapping and corruption has taken centre stage. Old men sponsors kidnappers and politicians. Politicians sponsors killings and corruption. Young men are either kidnappers or yahoo boys. Young girls are olosho, run girls or hook up. Garnish it anyhow, it's still prostitution. Only about 30% of the population are still decent. Is that how a giant behaves? A giant is a role model in all aspects. Apart from sports or say football precisely, what else is Nigeria renown for? Insecurity is at peak! Small children now faking JAMB admission letters. Japa syndrome is reigning now. Omo, we need a serious call to action. These acts are unacceptable. Until we have a leader who is determined to cleanse the system, starting from the politicians, JUDICIARY, universities etc, the country will continue to sink. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by AmuDimpka: 4:41pm On Feb 13
Kushites:

Use your brain.

What “level of planning”?

Do you think Nigeria has not hosted international tournaments before?

Did Nigeria not host AFCON twice and host the FIFA Under 20 World Cup among other tournaments?

Ivory Coast was granted hosting rights for the AFCON years ago, so why would they not have prepared nice, clean stadia and facilities?

When Nigeria hosted its own tournaments, her facilities were in top class condition as well, or she wouldn’t have passed the FIFA or CAF inspection of facilities.

Mumu people always feeling inferior to others. You’re just hopeless.

Nigeria has hosted when it was less sophisticated

Did you see the planning , the stadia ...everything is world class

I am a Nigerian but truth must be said we are more of mediocrity

Look at the people that you have been voting all these years
Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by AmuDimpka: 4:44pm On Feb 13
Kushites:

Use your damn brain.

Ivory Coast has barely 25 million people.

Comparing it with Nigeria is dumb.

It’s like comparing India to Malaysia or Singapore.

Of course the latter are more ‘developed’ than India because they only have a tiny population, meaning only a small amount of infrastructure is sufficient for the country, while India has to provide for a billion plus people.

So you WILL find more bad roads in India than in Malaysia or Taiwan.

Just as you will find more bad roads in Nigeria than in Ivory Coast.

In fact using your logic, Ivory Coast is far better than India in everything from infrastructure to security.

In fact Republic of Benin, Togo and Gambia are far better and more developed than India using your logic.

It is DUMB and TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE to compare developing nations of 20 million people to developing nations of 240 million people or more, with infinitely greater challenges than the former.

the problem with you guys is you equate your big for nothing population to development

Oga travel and see...many African nations have left you behind

Ordinary security and electricity una no fit get ..simple election Na so so clowns una dey vote

Why don't you split Nigeria into smaller parts and nations so that it can be manageable

Truth is that in terms of economy, education, infrastructure, monetarily the Ivory coast is far better than Nigeria

I have been there ...that place is better
Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by AmuDimpka: 4:45pm On Feb 13
tomju2:

My brother, drop that "giant of Africa" mantra, it is outdated. Nigeria is an average country. Kidnapping and corruption has taken centre stage. Old men sponsors kidnappers and politicians. Politicians sponsors killings and corruption. Young men are either kidnappers or yahoo boys. Young girls are olosho, run girls or hook up. Garnish it anyhow, it's still prostitution. Only about 30% of the population are still decent. Is that how a giant behaves? A giant is a role model in all aspects. Apart from sports or say football precisely, what else is Nigeria renown for? Insecurity is at peak! Small children now faking JAMB admission letters. Japa syndrome is reigning now. Omo, we need a serious call to action. These acts are unacceptable. Until we have a leader who is determined to cleanse the system, starting from the politicians, JUDICIARY, universities etc, the country will continue to sink. lipsrsealed
Nigeria isn't even am average country but low country

Go to Namibia, Botswana, Tanzania , Rwanda , Cape Verde and see decent African countries
Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by Gasayi(m): 3:54pm On Feb 14
Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by oneman2k7: 3:15pm On Feb 15
He reach make them beat us

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

12 Most Beautiful Cities In Africa 2018 (pictures) / Calabar Residents Block Gutters With Refuse (Photos) / India: Python Causes Traffic Jam On Express Highway (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.