Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,130 members, 7,811,194 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) (62899 Views)

Traffic Gridlock: Lagos Orders Filling Stations On Highways To Close By 4pm / Armored Truck Spilled ₦182M On New Jersey Highways, Causes Multiple Car Crashes / Xmas: Travelers Should Be Wary Of This Danger On Interstate Highways (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by Quebec91(m): 6:54pm On Feb 12
cheesy
Rat even big

We are Cochroach🪳 of Africa
shadrach77:
No be by population. It's high time we face it, we are the Giant Rat of Africa cry

1 Like

Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by ufotunang: 6:58pm On Feb 12
Debater:
Are you saying we don't have it in Nigeria?
Dey play, whether the devil like am or not, Nigeria is the Giant of Africa
Na just one retired General werey and one accountant drug baron wey spoil am
..giant of Africa for mouth. .. nigeria...no constant electricity supply, importing fuel, disel kersosene, no rural development no development in villages communities and urban areas, bad roads, refineries not working, poor quality education and substandard schools and healh care , substandard hospitals, poverty, hunger hardship unemployment..Is that one giant of Africa
Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by Faithful007: 7:05pm On Feb 12
koboko69:

Which US? The one I live in? What was the reason for the infrastructure bill Biden passed about a year plus back? It was to compete with China and under countries when it comes to road and infrastructure. Na u need to research oga!
US have more highways than any country in the world cos of its size but does not mean they have the best super highways. They are trailing behind when it comes to that

Trailing behind who? Arguably China, and then who else?

We are talking highways here not trains or airports.

Your size argument doesn't add up cos the China you're talking about is on average, the same size with Continental US. While I will agree that China's highways are better on average cos they're much younger, the infrastructure gap between rural and urban China, does not exist in the US.

Have you been to Canada before? Some provinces are still connected with single lane roads.

Let me not even talk about Europe and their narrow roads.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by adefitim(m): 7:09pm On Feb 12
Alhajikd:

OK we don hear
Now show us Nigeria own

Prove me wrong now
Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by tishbite43: 7:12pm On Feb 12
ecolime:

See this man. The US has the most super highways in the world.

China which is second is trailing by thousands of miles.

Always do your research before dropping comments.
Don't mind the clown
The distance from New York to California is covered by highways

1 Like

Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by SolomonGrandi: 7:16pm On Feb 12
adefitim:
5-6 of these pictures are taken from one highway

Azzin people dull abeg
Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by robosky02(m): 7:23pm On Feb 12
Wike own better pass
Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by shadrach77: 7:24pm On Feb 12
Quebec91:
cheesy
Rat even big

We are Cochroach🪳 of Africa
grin cheesy
Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by Shikini: 7:28pm On Feb 12
Great
Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by yemmywesey(m): 7:31pm On Feb 12
Where is the toll gate
Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by headboyprince(m): 7:34pm On Feb 12
nairalanda1:

Because they don't connect everyone to the grid, like we do in Nigeria.
close your mouth, they probably produce more megawatts than you do. how many megawatts does Nigeria even produce self?? mtcheew
Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by nairalanda1(m): 7:40pm On Feb 12
headboyprince:
close your mouth, they probably produce more megawatts than you do. how many megawatts does Nigeria even produce self?? mtcheew

Well, we generate about 5000 MW, they generate about 2500 mw.

And you did not need to begin your response to me by being abusive, you know. I didn't abuse you or curse you, so why were you so abusive. Calm down, this is a site.

Ivory coast has largely privatised its power sector, and does not subsidise it. As a result, WB was ready to help them. Result, a working power sector.
Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by RedAlert08(m): 7:40pm On Feb 12
Debater:
Are you saying we don't have it in Nigeria?
Dey play, whether the devil like am or not, Nigeria is the Giant of Africa
Na just one retired General werey and one accountant drug baron wey spoil am

Giant of Africa in terms of what? You're just a delusional idi.ot
Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by onuman: 7:44pm On Feb 12
Ha ha ha.
Since 1960, Oyel money from the Niger delta region has been going into private pockets because Nigerians don't believe in one Nigeria.
Their beliefs are real because no country in the world like Nigeria with strong multi religious and multi ethnic groups ever thrived.

Oyibo in Europe were not stupid after the fall of Berlin Wall when they tactically supervised the dissolution of nearly all the multi cultural, multi religious and multi ethnic groups that once existed in Europe.
Nigeria's politicians siddon de chop oil money but no talk of dissolution of the most dysfunctional country in the world, Nigeria.

Today, more than 200 million people are caged in Nigeria without common running water, no electricity and they are starving to death.

Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by babeface3: 7:46pm On Feb 12
Supremos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOm_HBYx6gY?si=cZsStua5e68k0KYz

Trending Video Of Ivory Coast Super Highways; Is Nigeria Truly The Giant Of Africa?

Doesn't take away the fact that they are among the poorest in Africa
Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by Kekydiv(m): 7:47pm On Feb 12
Nigeria been the giant of Africa is because of road my dear… if na another country them dey embezzle like this, the country for still fit stand? Of course not! That why we are giant.. with all those embezzlements, we are still standing!
Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by headboyprince(m): 7:51pm On Feb 12
nairalanda1:

Well, we generate about 5000 MW, they generate about 2500 mw.

And you did not need to begin your response to me by being abusive, you know. I didn't abuse you or curse you, so why were you so abusive. Calm down, this is a site.
And going by population how much megawatt is allocated by person.. a country with 200 million.

They produce far more per person than Nigeria reason they have more light than you. simple logic!!
Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by nairalanda1(m): 7:53pm On Feb 12
headboyprince:
And going by population how much megawatt is allocated by person.. a country with 200 million.

They produce far more per person than Nigeria reason they have more light than you. simple logic!!

Because

1,IN 1993 and afterwards, they privatised their power sector.

2.Nothing like power theft.

3.Nothing like their government setting their prices...power costs 0.119 usd per kwh there compared to 0.016 usd in Nigeria per kwh, so enough profit to pay for fixing things.

4.Because there is no fuel subsidy there, there is cash for them to develop their gas sector...meaning enough gas to fuel the power stations.

5. Nothing like over-connection.

Nigeria's power problems start from thinking power is cheap.
Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by 21NAUGHTYUTY(m): 7:53pm On Feb 12
The highway is beautiful but comparing it to Nigeria, even Akwa Ibom state alone have beautiful roads and highways

1 Like

Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by headboyprince(m): 7:55pm On Feb 12
Kekydiv:
Nigeria been the giant of Africa is because of road my dear… if na another country them dey embezzle like this, the country for still fit stand? Of course not! That why we are giant.. with all those embezzlements, we are still standing!
and who is doing all the embezzements? Ghost and spirits Abi? and what is still standing when every sector of the country has collapsed? with the recent inflation, killings, you better close your dirty mouth
Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by Naijaprosper: 8:16pm On Feb 12
Let's not be so negative about our country.

What's here that we don't have in Lagos and Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by Litmus: 8:17pm On Feb 12
Lagos trains look more impressive. This evolved to interstate railways would be even more impressive. Highways are low tech. In comparison to the Nigeria rail revolution, great looking highways are superficially impressive. They're a little like trying to impress by covering a dingy city with Christmas lighting. Cheap form of wow factor!

Well planned cities with good paved road network trumps super highways.
Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by Alhajikd: 8:36pm On Feb 12
adefitim:

Prove me wrong now
Atleast they have one. Show me one in Nigeria that are claiming giant of Africa
Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by Blankstare(m): 8:39pm On Feb 12
APOSTLECHUMA:
I lived in Abidjan for 5 years when I was still in the world peddling cocaine from south America to Africa. Abuja till the end of this world will remain the backyard of Abidjan, while Lagos is nothing but a ghetto in Abidjan.

I am a staff of NIA. I will find you and jail you...get set
Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by tctrills: 8:44pm On Feb 12
tefund:
See this one,rivers state get rooad?
Every state has roads but when you travel, we can have this debate
Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by siant: 8:54pm On Feb 12
Super high way, without vehicles. Waste of money.
Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by SouthSouth1914: 8:59pm On Feb 12
adefitim:
5-6 of these pictures are taken from one highway

Yes, show us any in Nigeria and compare. Corrupt leaders dun finish Nigeria Kpatakpata..

I guess their football pitch is taken from one pitch too! Haha

1 Like

Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by Occurstaem(m): 9:27pm On Feb 12
abhosts:
If you look closely, you would realise that Tinubu built Ivory Coast.
Exactly.
And if you look closely, you would realise that Peter Obi built Lagos.

🤡
Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by zuchyblink(m): 9:31pm On Feb 12
It's a super highway 🛣️....... roasted corn.......umu asaa highway!
Nigerian government is there to serve Dangote and his interests only.
Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by Kay25(m): 9:53pm On Feb 12
God1000:
This is wonderful, it's a big shame that Nigeria cannot construct such roads.

Corruption has killed our country

What's the population of ivory coast?can u successfully lead 10 people as u are not to talk of different ethnic group coming together u seems not to understand how complex dis nation is
Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by Snowx: 9:57pm On Feb 12
But normally without sentiments Buhari messed this country up big time..he did the worst by supporting drug addict that is now completing the see finish.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Calabar Residents Block Gutters With Refuse (Photos) / India: Python Causes Traffic Jam On Express Highway (Photos, Video) / "See What Somebody Did To Me" - Nigerian Man Who Travelled To Europe. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.