Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,076 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:42 AM

My Second Week As Bolt Driver - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Second Week As Bolt Driver (32739 Views)

"Help Me Buy Food Too"- Lady Tells Her Bolt Driver (pictures) / What A Lagos Bolt Driver Sent To His Friend / Lady In Tears As Bolt Driver Kicks Her Out Over Her Accent (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by kkoffo(m): 10:28am On Feb 14
Stop using AC
Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by budget4(m): 10:30am On Feb 14
Don't give up...
Depends on your location...
In my place here ..when u order Bolt ..Dem go calculate the distance n location if dem fit see passengers while coming back..
They charge against what the APP gives..
Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by nedekid: 10:31am On Feb 14
Truth of the matter is that those ride apps cannot be gainful with the current situation in the country. Impossible.
The PPP of Nigerians has been devastated. With the current price of petrol and other expenses on the bolt driver, the charges from the app for a ride also needs to be increased by atleast 300%. But if it is increased commensurate with inflation, and wherein people's incomes has not risen, who will be able to pay? At the current inflation, a 2k ride ought to be atleast 8k. Who go pay is the issue.
While filling my tank this morning, a danfo that parked next to me bought 40k fuel, I was just shaking head, how much will the driver make to pay the owner, maintain the bus, pay his conductor and then himself?

3 Likes

Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by Emeskhalifa(m): 10:31am On Feb 14
When we wey quit the business dey tell una say it is no longer profitable, una go think say na hate or envy. I am glad you saw, tried it and tested it and now you know what it is like

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by Bullfallo(m): 10:32am On Feb 14
Taxi business done spoil. The thing nor de pay again considering car maintenance

1 Like

Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by Faithfulness88: 10:34am On Feb 14
As a beginner you will be discouraged.
Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by CollectMoney: 10:38am On Feb 14
Wasky101:

I have been to ilorin, ibadan and ph.
Most of this states are civil servant states. Their purchasing power is low. Exception for ph

They always have readily available taxi's and buses to board and they come way cheaper.

The bolt driver 98% of the time are always complaining and begging for more money or never able to use their ac, tells you the business is not businessing.

Bolt in this states are mostly used by students, any any business students power is seasonal as they won't always be in school.

PH is not in the category of Ilorin and Ibadan. PH sits exactly where Lagos & Abuja sits. People make money & sustain their family from Bolt in PH. The driver is a newbie and hasn't mastered the dynamics of Bolt driving.
Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by Enskynelson(m): 10:38am On Feb 14
Sirchiboy:
Last week I started bolt with fuel of 25k.
After all the drive.
My net income after bolt commissions was 20k.
I lost 5k.
On Sunday I bought fuel of 30k and the thing had enter reserve already and my net income after bolt commission is 26k.
Losing 4k already.
I think I have to give up
Who gave you orientation before you started this?
Sometimes, the mistake we make is that, we neglect mentorship and training from people doing what we want to do.
You should have gotten necessary information from someone thriving in this business before you started and by now, you should be giving the person feedback and the person will advice accordingly.
How are we sure you are even using the right car for this Uber?

1 Like

Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by beey2(m): 10:40am On Feb 14
My simple advise is park somewhere safe during off peak, select and drive during rush periods and lucrative routes. An experienced Bolt Driver. Send PM if more advise is needed. Thank you. 👍
Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by Chicagograduate(m): 10:44am On Feb 14
Adedaniel211:
I quit bolt after one week, and i park my car since then, if u go offline is okay but very risk.. anyway no risk no reward..
What is the risky part for some of us who are envious of those who are into the business before the hike in fuel price?
Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by Umuinyioku: 10:45am On Feb 14
gratefulheart:
1.You have to find a areas that are pick period and profitable.
2. Don't just be moving around park so where need a busy hotel, airport, malls, cinema, eatery, big offices etc.
3. When you receive a request check the price against the traffic before accepting.
4. Also let people know you do car hire...which is more profitable, you can charge premium offline. Make sure they're people you know or a referral to avoid carrying kidnappers, ritual killers, armed robbers etc.

Your advice is sound. Top notch!
Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by SaLongs1(m): 10:46am On Feb 14
Sirchiboy:
After all the drive.
I lost 5k.
On Sunday I bought fuel of 30k and the thing had enter reserve already and my net income after bolt commission is 26k.
Losing 4k already.
. I do small gardening and since the so called removal of subsidy I suffered terribly from the cost of petrol to pump water till someone saw my effort and gave me free fuel to alleviate the loss I was suffering. Any business reliant on petrol is not profitable to be honest.

1 Like

Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by Sensiblerealist: 10:48am On Feb 14
Nice one.
Kindly lecture me more about the 2 RPM throttle thing.
Thanks

Anguldi:
This is the secret, 2km/5min pickup.
Unless it's a destination trip.
Identify dead zones.
Avoid traffic holdup areas.
Throttle should be 2RPM max
Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by Sirchiboy: 10:49am On Feb 14
oliverwrites:
Drop your phone number. Ideally WhatsApp. I will be supporting your with a token.

No one else should bother me. I won't be moved. I am led to support the OP and him alone. Your stories won't move me.
Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by adecz: 10:50am On Feb 14
Under APC, nothing is wrong..

Even a basic activity like farming has
failed and farmers are abandoning the
profession.. 😞
Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by Adedaniel211(m): 10:51am On Feb 14
Chicagograduate:
What is the risky part for some of us who are envious of those who are into the business before the hike in fuel price?
They can kill d bolt driver thru offline, kiddnap. E.t.c., I told you earlier that offline is very risk bcoz anything can happen.

1 Like

Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by Owopumpy: 10:55am On Feb 14
It's just the high cost of fuel buying

1 Like

Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by CoronaHealer: 10:59am On Feb 14
First, what kind of car are u driving?
Secondly, did you seek advice from experts in the field before commencing your journey?
Thirdly, what's ur motivation behind your decision to tow that line of business?

If that's how u give up easily in life, you won't go far.
Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by merits(m): 11:04am On Feb 14
Sirchiboy:
After all the drive.
I lost 5k.
Losing 4k already.

Eyah sorry just follow your instinct.
Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by oliverwrites: 11:04am On Feb 14
Sirchiboy:
xxxx
God bless you for your support
Now delete your number, I have messaged you on whatsapp. I will send sending you some money as directed by what I believe is the spirit of GOD.
Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by Acidosis(m): 11:04am On Feb 14
Ceeman2o:

It doesn't work like that. Going to popular places or eatery will not pay him off . He's best bet is to calm down and wait for requests on residential areas nd rich neighborhoods. Once he picks passengers from there to long locations, he would wait also and pray another long distance trip back to base comes up.

Most eateries are patronized by close by residents. Which would burn his fuel and left him on lost if he constantly picks short trips. Imagine starting your car to be running pick up nd drop off for 1500,2300# nd such. Thereafter he will still pay commission.

#1500 trips still exist on Bolt? Bolt wey dey charge me 5k for a 8-10 minute trip.

OP is probably just wandering about, driving around town for fun.

1 Like

Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by wonder233: 11:05am On Feb 14
There are no experts. I did the job for 2years (2020 and 2021). There is no gain inside. It is a net loss. You just stress yourself and psychologically feel you're doing something. It is all hype. No single gain. What makes me annoyed is people holding on to a stereotype that the job is so profitable, people that have never done the job will be arguing with you.
EreluRoz:
😭, sending you hugs.

Maybe you should quit or ask from experts what you are doing wrong

2 Likes

Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by madscientist88(m): 11:06am On Feb 14
Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by Acidosis(m): 11:08am On Feb 14
Nemesis0147:
No be every trip you go Dey accept…
And you can bargain with your passengers before coming to pick them up for a fair price if what is showing in the app is poor…if they don’t accept it….you cancel.

I use bolt a lot and when some drivers explain things to me and I have extra cash to spare….I add money to their fees and learn how to go offline too
Just tell your passengers.

If you try this nonsense with me, I won't only cancel the trip, I'll also make sure I report your profile for fraud.

There are many taxi parks in Lagos, anyone can join if Bolt no longer pays you.

1 Like

Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by theredaddy: 11:10am On Feb 14
Sirchiboy:
PH.
Carrolla 2011 s.
The fuel consumption is much.
I don't know if it is aggressive speeding or break

Corolla you meant, thats a good economical car plus average maintainance, But naa wa for you oooo !! just two weeks and you want to call it quit, starting process is not always easy what if you had start a business, you employed staff and rented a premises will you close down after two weeks becomes customers are not trooping in ... time bro

Apparently you are naive about the hustle, find one or two experienced bolt drivers in your present state to guide you and give you tips on how to circumvent "LOSS" .. let that be your 1st priority, that is what will unlock profitability in due course

All the best bro smiley

1 Like

Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by nobilie: 11:13am On Feb 14
U are running lose when Latsma never even chop u? Oga, if ur passenger if 15min away from pickup for a 10mins ride (after pulickup) e no make sence. U dont have to be driving around.
Find out arears with high request.
Join their whatsapp platform and ask ur fellow drivers questions.
In Lagos, drive 5:30AM till 10AM, go and rest, then drive 3pm to midnight.
Friday, drive evening till night.
Saturday is the whole day. If u want, Sunday is for bunus and cover ups(u'll make good cash from 5:30AM till 1pm.
Monday should be ur restday as those demons(latsman) are more aggressive Mondays after spending weekend.
Use ur send oooo. Off trip is the major way yo survive.
Check your car also to be sure fuel consumption is not excessive.
Have more than one app on ur phone(boltand uber).
If ur car is sound with chiling AC and u are a good driver with cutesy and communicates well, after one month, ur previous customers will be calling u for pickups and u'll do less of app ride.
Be sharp on ur job man cos even to thief no easy.

2 Likes

Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by Acidosis(m): 11:15am On Feb 14
Ceeman2o:

Stop doing short trips. That's what's burning ur gas nd bolt commission. Aim for long trips above 5k. It would conserve fuel nd you have chances of picking another long trip to nd flo. In such cases you can easily negotiate offline. It's just easier to negotiate offline for 5k above trips than telling ur rider for offline on a trip of 2100#. It's nonsense nah. Wen you do short online trips. Ur fuel nd commission is burning but when you do long trip . You can bypass commission by offline

See another terrible recommendation. Why are bolt drivers always finding new ways to defraud their riders and employers?

Any rider that agrees to this offline deal should just keep some millions aside for ransom. You people are evil minded or probably just ignorant.

How can any sane bolt driver propose offline in today's Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by biggz82: 11:15am On Feb 14
Bros you will not make it if you continue with this same pattern.

Here in warri after we accept the ride we call the person to negotiate the price before we move.

Make i open 1 secret for you, after successful negotiation of 3 ride, start 1 and cancel 2 na only the ride you start them go take commission.

Na so we dey run am for warri here, try our style e go help you get small money go house.
Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by sizer07: 11:16am On Feb 14
Sirchiboy:
After all the drive.
I lost 5k.
Losing 4k already.

Bolt driving business those days are profitable, not with the current price of fuel at 670. Don't allow anyone to decieve you.you will never make anything out of it. You are already at lost, that even fuel money is not yet guarantee. What about ware and tears, body pains, feeding. My only advice is if you can convert your car to CNG then use indriver, Rider and other app which charge less commission. Thats the only way you will make profits. Otherwise forget it. Bolt/ Uber are evil with a very high % in there commission, not minding what drivers are going through. Speaking from experience.

1 Like

Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by Chicagograduate(m): 11:16am On Feb 14
How can a bolt driver be going offline when there is a request without the app not suspecting foul play?Is that even possible?
Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by MrDoGood(m): 11:20am On Feb 14
Sirchiboy:
PH.
Carrolla 2011 s.
The fuel consumption is much.
I don't know if it is aggressive speeding or break

Check your catalyst

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos Of The Calabar-odukpani Dual Carriageway And Odukpani Flyover / Ghana Deports 700 Nigerians Involved In Fraud, Prostitution, Robbery / 10 Nigerians Deported From Cambodia - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.