Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,974 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

My Second Week As Bolt Driver - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Second Week As Bolt Driver (33102 Views)

"Help Me Buy Food Too"- Lady Tells Her Bolt Driver (pictures) / What A Lagos Bolt Driver Sent To His Friend / Lady In Tears As Bolt Driver Kicks Her Out Over Her Accent (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by Emekayoung(m): 11:20am On Feb 14
Fuel is now expensive and those apps refused to increase their prices that's the reason for the loss,unlike before. Don't give up,avoid traffic and always park and find profitable orders before you move,don't just be moving around because fuel is now very costly. What car do you use let me know what to advise you?

1 Like

Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by Anguldi(m): 11:24am On Feb 14
Sensiblerealist:
Nice one.
Kindly lecture me more about the 2 RPM throttle thing.
Thanks

Your foot on the accelerator pedal should maintain 2RPM their giving you a speed of 70/80KMPH

1 Like

Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by Acidosis(m): 11:27am On Feb 14
biggz82:
Bros you will not make it if you continue with this same pattern.

Here in warri after we accept the ride we call the person to negotiate the price before we move.

Make i open 1 secret for you, after successful negotiation of 3 ride, start 1 and cancel 2 na only the ride you start them go take commission.

Na so we dey run am for warri here, try our style e go help you get small money go house.

Continue to go offline until you carry a potential kidnap victim. You'll have to explain why you went offline.

1 Like

Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by juwoonn(m): 11:27am On Feb 14
EreluRoz:
😭, sending you hugs.

Maybe you should quit or ask from experts what you are doing wrong
Nothing my dear... Bolt is not a business.
I drove for like 4-5 months and quit because there was no profit but loss. You spend more on car fix, car servicing, petrol and engine oil. If you fix absorber today, next week you'll change tires, upper week you'll change brake pads, bushing, bumber, overheating, rods and the circle continues. If that guy continue like that he'd soon be out of car.
Sometimes, na the tip dey help, buh u no fit dey run business based on tip.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by Lighthouseman: 11:30am On Feb 14
Sirchiboy:
PH.
Carrolla 2011 s.
The fuel consumption is much.
I don't know if it is aggressive speeding or break
Belong to a group in Port Harcourt. I'll suggest you join Golf estate pilots.
I worked in pH and went home with 10k daily using a Camry.

1 Like

Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by pedel: 11:31am On Feb 14
mariahAngel:
Don't give up yet.
Just keep on doing it, and in no time, you will find your feet, and your way around it.

You're still in the learning phase, so see those losses as dues.
This sounds like the type of advice that keeps people in abusive relationships.
You don't double down on something that is not working.
It's only illiterate pastors that give people this kind of counsel.

2 Likes

Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by pedel: 11:36am On Feb 14
Optimize Your Schedule: Identify peak times when demand is high, such as during rush hours, weekends, or special events. Focus your driving efforts during these times to maximize your earnings.
Target major events going on in your areas like music jams, church services, conventions etc

Choose Strategic Locations: Position yourself in areas with high demand, such as busy urban centers, airports, motor parks, or Big churches like Ibiyomes church. Monitoring Bolt's app for real-time demand can help you make informed decisions about where to drive.

1 Like

Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by westlius(m): 11:36am On Feb 14
Ceeman2o:

It doesn't work like that. Going to popular places or eatery will not pay him off . He's best bet is to calm down and wait for requests on residential areas nd rich neighborhoods. Once he picks passengers from there to long locations, he would wait also and pray another long distance trip back to base comes up.

Most eateries are patronized by close by residents. Which would burn his fuel and left him on lost if he constantly picks short trips. Imagine starting your car to be running pick up nd drop off for 1500,2300# nd such. Thereafter he will still pay commission.
This one you will b praying for long distances. What you should knw is you can do this 1,500 -2300 rides offline and make quiet money.
And pls also use INDRIVE
I heard they don't charge drivers commission yet
Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by Okeatu(m): 11:38am On Feb 14
Honestly I'm really scared now. I had this bolt business as my next option if what I'm expecting fails me.
Please is it better in abuja cos I had plans of relocating to Abuja for the business.

1 Like

Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by alizma: 11:39am On Feb 14
Sirchiboy:
Last week I started bolt with fuel of 25k.
After all the drive.
My net income after bolt commissions was 20k.
I lost 5k.
On Sunday I bought fuel of 30k and the thing had enter reserve already and my net income after bolt commission is 26k.
Losing 4k already.
I think I have to give up
When you bought fuel of 25k your loss was 5k and when you bought fuel of 30k, your loss dropped to 4k, and you want to quit, quit na since you cant do little arithmetic. Bros you venture into new business in a harsh environment like Nigeria and you think you will start making dollars abi? Have you consider the fact that you are yet to understand the business details, the rush hours, the strategies your fellow riders used to make more money and particular areas to move to at certain time? These and many more you will learn as you continue and the knowledge will help you reduce your cost while maximizing your profits. I once had a business where I made loss for almost 6 consecutive months, yet I didn't quit and before I knew it, i started making something out of it. So go back home and talk to yourself.

2 Likes

Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by Ceeman2o: 11:41am On Feb 14
Acidosis:

See another terrible recommendation. Why are bolt drivers always finding new ways to defraud their riders and employers?

Any rider that agrees to this offline deal should just keep some millions aside for ransom. You people are evil minded or probably just ignorant.

How can any sane bolt driver propose offline in today's Nigeria?

Who's this person. What did you know about bolt and it's driver partners. You people with your reasoning always jump on discussions you knew nothing of.
Do you know any driver that ask you of offline is taking the risk of his life and car and at the same time doing you a serious favour, he has to agree on a fee which is likely underpaid compared to what the end fare could have been.

And who is your employer you used in this context. Who told you bolt employs a driver. They only had partnership which bolt had sworn to take a ridiculous 25% and amidst the economic issues, they're not backing down and decided to increase fares and reduce at will without carrying the partner driver along. What do you call such dubious and selfish partnership?

Do you have car and if you have do you really know what to means to buy fuel for 600# per litre, buy car worth millions, spend heavily to maintain it as the cars are private car and weren't made for public transportation. Spends so much on the law enforcement extortions and at the end, spend 25% of every trip embarked on.

And in terms of security. Who do you think is at risk? a known driver who has all his ID and car original particulars on the app or an unknown passenger who only provides a fake phone number and nickname.

And who made you a judge in a business you knew nothing of ?. All over the world before bolt began was there not a taxi on the road? Aside bolt is there still no taxi and all ur life how many times have you asked a taxi man on the road for his ID before he carries you. Or buses you jump in.

If you have a car ,go and use it on bolt. They are ready to welcome you a honest investor

1 Like

Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by iLoveYouToo(m): 11:45am On Feb 14
CollectMoney:

Why did you make such claim

Capacity of riders to pay the cost of rides. I did bolt in 2020. Abuja is golden
Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by Ceeman2o: 11:47am On Feb 14
westlius:

This one you will b praying for long distances. What you should knw is you can do this 1,500 -2300 rides offline and make quiet money.
And pls also use INDRIVE
I heard they don't charge drivers commission yet

Chief from experience. You'll never make anything from short trips on bolt. Each time you on your car engine. Almost a litre of fuel goes down and running around inside street for 1500 or 2k. Before you can reach 20k, about 10k fuel is gone and you're on reserve. It never pays drivers in Lagos talk more of ph

The only single way you can make a small gain on bolt is do trips on surge,do such trips on offline. Aside it , your only doing turn over for filling stations and bolt.

Imagine using your car on a 5k fuel for a trip of 50mins 20km. Bolt will ask you to collect 4800, they will will give 3800# and collect 1200#.

So inside this 3800 you've bought fuel of 5k for this trip and based on current situation. This fuel is already on reserve and you car reserve light is showing.

You've used 5k investment on fuel to make 3800 . A lost of 1200. That's how the business is.

You'll buy fuel of 10k run around the whole state taking life risk. You make 20k, bolt will collect 5k as commission, fuel will collect it's 10k bck and you're left with 5k. For food, car problem and maintenance and your family responsibilities as a family man. Monkey dey work baboon dey chop
Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by Nyanabo(m): 11:48am On Feb 14
@ OP keep pushing little by little. You would eventually break even. Don't not despise the days of they little beginning.
Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by freshvine(f): 12:02pm On Feb 14
Took a bolt from NDDC headquarters to NPA all in Port Harcourt and the cost was 800. What da hell?

A litre of fuel is 650. Bolt commission 150 and the driver still need to drive back to a popular location for another wait for a possible ride.

Tinubu has destroyed Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by Raymond84: 12:03pm On Feb 14
You also have to limit unnecessary movements. For instance, if you drop a client at any Shoprite, ensure you wait for another order there before moving. Find a space in the parking lot, pack, and wait for the next suitable order.

In the Bolt and Uber business, timing is crucial. Work on the road from 4 am to 11 am. Take a break from 11 am or 12 pm to 2 pm. If your house is nearby, rest there; otherwise, find a comfortable location, like under shade or in a restaurant. Park your car, eat, and relax.

Another rush period for serious Bolt drivers is from 2 pm to 6 pm. While I don't encourage night work, but the peak times on Fridays, Sundays, and Saturdays are from 6 pm to 11 pm.

2 Likes

Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by Kingluqman(m): 12:20pm On Feb 14
Very simple stuv... For this economy, you go dey carry @ app price grin

Dey Play my fan
Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by Rochasstatue(f): 12:32pm On Feb 14
You didn't seem it fit to mention the kind of vehicle you use and whether it was bought 9ja used or foreign used.
You didn't mention how many trips you covered.
However the bottom line is that your vehicle isn't fuel efficient.
It consumption as in how many km, a litre covers isn't okay.
Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by Sensiblerealist: 12:33pm On Feb 14
I guess that in essence saves some fuel. Anything yo save costs. Thanks

I
Anguldi:

Your foot on the accelerator pedal should maintain 2RPM their giving you a speed of 70/80KMPH
Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by Ladipodeal: 12:40pm On Feb 14
Seriously doubt if Bolt or any ehailing platform is profitable.

Initial cost for Corolla 2006 #6,500,000
Registration & Comprehensive insurance #300,000

How long will it take to recoup ones investment. Corolla engine now sell for #750,000. Nothing in that car is cheap
Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by femi4: 12:41pm On Feb 14
Sirchiboy:
After all the drive.
I lost 5k.
On Sunday I bought fuel of 30k and the thing had enter reserve already and my net income after bolt commission is 26k.
Losing 4k already.
You lost more than that cos car wear n tears ain't cheap
Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by omooba969(m): 12:44pm On Feb 14
mariahAngel:
Don't give up yet.
Just keep on doing it, and in no time, you will find your feet, and your way around it.

You're still in the learning phase, so see those losses as dues.

See advice na! grin

The guy is making a loss and you call it a learning phase, he should see his losses as dues....hahahaha 🤣 Is he in the business to pay dues make losses or to make profit? 😕

You and the over 50 people airheads who Liked your comment are not brilliant after all, just reinforcing stvpidity...lol 😂

You educated Nigerians though!

I think you should stick to making posts with your stolen online food pictures. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by Malcolmjay: 12:49pm On Feb 14
First lemme ask u, what's ur engine fuel consumption capacity? If u're using a 2.4litre engine such as that of big daddy, muscle or V6 engines without a good catalyst. U will be running at serious loss. My advice for anyone intending to go into this mode of transportation business is to buy Toyota 2005 Yaris instead as it has 1.3litre engine consumption rate. Even Corolla is not adviceable for now. That's the people making it now in this business uses the small Suzuki cars
Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by Acidosis(m): 12:49pm On Feb 14
Ceeman2o:

Who's this person. What did you know about bolt and it's driver partners. You people with your reasoning always jump on discussions you knew nothing of.
Do you know any driver that ask you of offline is taking the risk of his life and car and at the same time doing you a serious favour, he has to agree on a fee which is likely underpaid compared to what the end fare could have been.

And who is your employer you used in this context. Who told you bolt employs a driver. They only had partnership which bolt had sworn to take a ridiculous 25% and amidst the economic issues, they're not backing down and decided to increase fares and reduce at will without carrying the partner driver along. What do you call such dubious and selfish partnership?

Do you have car and if you have do you really know what to means to buy fuel for 600# per litre, buy car worth millions, spend heavily to maintain it as the cars are private car and weren't made for public transportation. Spends so much on the law enforcement extortions and at the end, spend 25% of every trip embarked on.

And in terms of security. Who do you think is at risk? a known driver who has all his ID and car original particulars on the app or an unknown passenger who only provides a fake phone number and nickname.

And who made you a judge in a business you knew nothing of ?. All over the world before bolt began was there not a taxi on the road? Aside bolt is there still no taxi and all ur life how many times have you asked a taxi man on the road for his ID before he carries you. Or buses you jump in.

If you have a car ,go and use it on bolt. They are ready to welcome you a honest investor

I have made my point; so always ensure you check people's profiles very well before asking them to go offline. Try that with me, and you'll be tagged a potential ritualist. We'll both have to stay online and monitor my destination together. If you want to ride offline, go and register your car with a state taxi council.

You're not the only freelancer paying commission to a platform. You don't want to pay commission but wants the privileges of the platform? How does that make sense please? Go and ask freelancers and upwork workers and employers how much they pay per gig.

The crazy examples you're citing aren't any different. Before Bolt, conventional taxi riders pay commission to their owners and levies. The bottlenecks, registrations, and the known faces make them relatively safe.

With bolt, you can't risk my life because you want to cash out. You're not doing me any "huge favour" by choosing to drive offline.

And please quit the cheap lies. I frequent the bolt rider thread on NL and I saw firsthand how you people were rejoicing for making huge money after Bolt increased passenger fares by over 50-100% before Christmas. Who wouldn't rejoice seeing how Bolt billed riders 15-18k within Lagos state??

Na only una sabi complain, yeah? If you think it is easy to cough out 8k from Ojodu Berber to Ikeja, go and dump your car and try to be a rider for once. Staying online is for your own safety too.

1 Like

Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by Judolisco(m): 12:52pm On Feb 14
Sirchiboy:
After all the drive.
I lost 5k.
Losing 4k already.
r u driving in Abuja?
Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by Patojargz: 1:06pm On Feb 14
Sirchiboy:
After all the drive.
I lost 5k.
Losing 4k already.

U get time brr!!!! Morro wey u go dey cruise use run other businesses u dey bolt... Keep bolting

1 Like

Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by Judolisco(m): 1:08pm On Feb 14
Emekayoung:
Fuel is now expensive and those apps refused to increase their prices that's the reason for the loss,unlike before. Don't give up,avoid traffic and always park and find profitable orders before you move,don't just be moving around because fuel is now very costly. What car do you use let me know what to advise you?
d same thing I told bolt regional director when, I had d privilege of meeting her in lagos... I said increase the fare price, she said d price has already been increased, I told her fuel price is now 200% the former price, and u made a 125% increase to fare price in Abuja and at the end of the day we have to pay a 25% commission.... I told her a lot of drivers will leave your platform if u don't increase d fare or reduce your commission.... She said d commission is a no no... She took our idea about d driver score though... I think some adjustment were made...

me I Don park my car oh... When I get money I go start back... I'm driving to buy fuel and pay commission, d rest I dey use am buy food... No savings whatsoever
Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by Alphiegabe: 1:15pm On Feb 14
Sirchiboy:
After all the drive.
I lost 5k.
Losing 4k already.

You lost 4k and you are giving up u never see anything

1 Like

Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by Judolisco(m): 1:16pm On Feb 14
freshvine:
Took a bolt from NDDC headquarters to NPA all in Port Harcourt and the cost was 800. What da hell?

A litre of fuel is 650. Bolt commission 150 and the driver still need to drive back to a popular location for another wait for a possible ride.

Tinubu has destroyed Nigeria.
800? ...uve got a bonus dats why
Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by Streetdreamx(m): 1:17pm On Feb 14
westlius:

Bro in Ph always park at these locations.
Peperoni by Rumudara
Kilimanjaro by Agip
Spar by govt House
Pleasure Park by bori camp
Then at Night go to GRA any nice bar/club
lasmall rumukalagbor

1 Like

Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by freshvine(f): 1:43pm On Feb 14
Judolisco:
800? ...uve got a bonus dats why

Ya. 200 naira

1 Like

Re: My Second Week As Bolt Driver by stacyadams: 1:56pm On Feb 14
Sirchiboy:
After all the drive.
I lost 5k.
Losing 4k already.

The business died the day one baba shouted subsidy otiloh.. grin

THe apps no wan increase fare to balance the current increament in fuel price..if them increase am customers go reduce...car parts dey expensive,fuel attendants go cheat u,fuel station go reduce pump after attendants don comot him own on top one litre ..car parts dey expensive,lastma ,police agbero go chase u..pray make ur car no break down for road or make boys vandalize ur corroll...wicked riders go do u fake transfer...abi 20 drivers go dey chase one trip wey no even pay anybody for indriver..... grin u fit continue the hustle no let anybody over hype the hustle give u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Governor Obiano's Christmas Decorations In Awka , Anambra State - Pictures / Man Escapes Deportation From Sweden The Second Time By Crying Inconsolably / Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge This Afternoon (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.