Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,961 members, 7,817,818 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice (31826 Views)

Tomato Scarcity Looms As FG Approves Importation For Nine Companies / Strange Insects Attack Crops In Kano - Farmers Cry Out, As Food Shortage Looms / Nigeria Heading For Famine Due To Boko Haram Killings — Kaduna Farmers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by inoki247: 12:03pm On Feb 14
Tonididdyx:

Very stupid bunch

I had payed for some bags before this madness started, I requested my money back when they increased it.
Project stopped!

... If many people pause their projects, cement manufacturers, in fact building materials in general will be forced to drop prices because demand will sink immediately but NO.... some idiots want to prove na them get the money pass.

Is because people are buying this thing that's why they find it so easy to keep increasing assuming people are not patronizing them nobody will tell them when dere stock start crashing they keep loosing....
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Tonididdyx: 12:04pm On Feb 14
sekundosekundo:

What controls market price is not you buying or not buying but exchange rate.
If you don't buy because the price is high it won't force the importer to sell at a lost cost.

Hence I said at the beginning of my post, the country be shut down and a REBOOTH initiated.
In your words, we buy we nor buy... Price must increase... Does that sound GREAT TO YOU.
IS cement a necessity?

Have you tried boycotting these goods and see the outcome?
Problem with most stupid Nigerians, is they apply economics to everything. Hence they will tell you a bag of rice is 80k and you accept and buy!
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Maxtipulation(m): 12:08pm On Feb 14
All the foods known to be poor man's food are now strictly out of poor man's reach
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 12:08pm On Feb 14
Winning123:

Mumu! Rather than think on how to leverage the above information, you are insulting Tinubu. The problem with many of you is that you are MENTALLY LAZY. Challenges presents opportunities. But no for people like you. All you do all day is to abuse Tinubu who don't even know you exist.

And that is why Nigeria is the way it is.
Rather than seek for probity and accountability, someone finds a way to get rich by leveraging on the misfortune of the nation.

Someone somewhere is benefiting from the darkness in Nigeria; a politician somewhere is benefiting from our non-functional refineries.
Another benefits from abandoned projects and so on.

When you scale up your mindset to cover that of governors, senators, judges and the president, you find out why this country keeps going backwards.

It takes someone with a strong mind to break that status quo; to refuse the profits he'll get at the expense of the nation, to pull us out of this mess and get the nation going.

A mindset the average Nigerian lacks in totality.
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Figger(m): 12:10pm On Feb 14
Angelfrost:
Lol... You see this nation called Nigeria ehn, forget it!

Forget about government failing to lead well, average Nigerians won't allow this country make progress.

I have finally understood that the biggest undoing of this nation are the citizens.

I don kukuma wash my hands comot for Naija matter.

If I were Peter Obi, Kwankwaso and Atiku Abubakar, I would hands off as well... They wouldn't have made a damn difference.

This nation is condemned by her unpatriotic, insensitive, selfish and wicked citizens to retrogression.

Na Dictatorship fit this country!

Nothing wey anybody wan tell me... Just don't bring any arguments here.

Weird and crooked citizens of a Banana Republic!!! undecided
I dey always talk am say wetin fit Nigeria and whole of west Africa na military regime. A black man is very difficult to rule in a soft manner.
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Abimbola29(m): 12:12pm On Feb 14
Tonididdyx:
Lol... As usual, complain and keep buying. Even if the rice na 50% stone 50% grains... Nigerians will buy it, while the leaders import theirs.
... This suffering has NO SOLUTION until we do the bloody neccesities.
The country should be SHUTDOWN and a REBOOTH demanded!

I was chilling at my tenants cement shop yesterday for some hours while he went to supply.
A customer came and said he wanted cement, ( in my heart I wanted to confirm truly how stupid Nigerians are), I boldly bluntly told him 12k per bag (against the current 10k it's currently sold at).
Lo and behold after murmuring some stupid word like ya'all do online. He requested for 10bags.

I went into my componud to drive out my car and supplied him myself. He was like "ah this fine car for cement, I replied my boys carry cememt motor go supply... You nor fit wait!

My tenant returned, I transfer him 100k and chuckin 20k.

.... It's at this point I concluded of the stupidity of many Nigerians.
Wow
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Ganjafama(m): 12:13pm On Feb 14
ngeneukwuewuGOAT:
grin

...............................................................................................Wait ooo, there is one idiot in this forum that goes by the name HungerBad. Where is him
You can search for him in the grave........... he's dead.
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Samade7: 12:14pm On Feb 14
blacknp:
Lazy man, they say the truth is a very bitter pill to swallow.

A person has spoken about his own personal experience, you come online with guilt because the facts don’t augur with you?

Ode, someone that has a cement shop will leave his shop, his landlord will be the one looking after the shop, to the extent of selling 10 bags of cements, using his own car to convey the cements to wherever. Mumu, ask ursef when he was carrying the cement to wherever, whom did he put at the shop? Omoh, people mumu for this country sha, imagine dis one sef. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by blacknp(m): 12:16pm On Feb 14
LordBillionz:

Say whatever you want, but he's a tribal bigot and double faced demon.

Deal with that and yeah, he's inconsequential as you too to any positive change in the country but has being instrumental to the wreck the country has been reduced too.

That's your tribal professor.

And, name one positive impact the f*ol of a processor has made on the nation aside being a tribalistic fool that goes into hiding once he helps put the nation through tribslism in the hands of those ravaging it. He did it with Buhari and he's widely known as failure. He did same with Tinubu and the fossil started failing from day one.

F*ols...
A Noble prize winner is a Failure?

Well wouldn’t expect a servant slave to recognize greatness, the abyss of the pit is where you belong.

1 Like

Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Ganjafama(m): 12:19pm On Feb 14
Tonididdyx:
Lol... As usual, complain and keep buying. Even if the rice na 50% stone 50% grains... Nigerians will buy it, while the leaders import theirs.

I was chilling at my tenants cement shop yesterday for some hours while he went to supply.
A customer came and said he wanted cement, ( in my heart I wanted to confirm truly how stupid Nigerians are), I boldly bluntly told him 12k per bag (against the current 10k it's currently sold at).
Lo and behold after murmuring some stupid word like ya'all do online. He requested for 10bags.

I went into my componud to drive out my car and supplied him myself. He was like "ah this fine car for cement, I replied my boys carry cememt motor go supply... You nor fit wait!

You sir, are among the miscreants causing poverty and hardship in the country. You know that the actual price is N10k but because of greed you inflated the price. Make una dey fear God o!
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by blacknp(m): 12:19pm On Feb 14
Samade7:

Ode, someone that has a cement shop will leave his shop, his landlord will be the one looking after the shop, to the extent of selling 10 bags of cements, using his own car to convey the cements to wherever. Mumu, ask ursef when he was carrying the cement to wherever, whom did he put at the shop? Omoh, people mumu for this country sha, imagine dis one sef. cheesy
Because to ignorant things like yourself, one size hat, fits all heads abi?

As you have imagined a scenario in your head, so every scenario must be the same abi?

Na guilty conscience dey worry you.
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Adakintroy: 12:20pm On Feb 14
blacknp:
Pot calling kettle black, why bring up Jonathan’s name?

You are equally as guilty, of what you are purportedly accusing others of.

Am not guilty of anything. You elite tribe say you are the once ordain for rulership. Here we are 1985 all over again.
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by bionixs: 12:21pm On Feb 14
ngeneukwuewuGOAT:
grin

I remembered that useless former Kano governor and that midget from kaduna. They were chanting jihad jihad jihad. They said Islam must triumph and Muslim tickets is a sure bet.

They said Obi and the Igbo must be taught a lesson.

They said they will suppress and oppress northern Christians.

Today the people crying most are the Muslim West and Muslim north. Una go smell una nyash Las Las . Tenibu never even reach one year for office una dey cry of hungry.

Wait ooo, there is one idiot in this forum that goes by the name HungerBad. Where is him
Ogbeni , take am easy o. I think you got the wrong guy o.
HungerBad is late , I think. If I am not mistaking, it is over 5 years now or so
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by obinna58(m): 12:21pm On Feb 14
Tonididdyx:

U no know say na you be the stupid one
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by blacknp(m): 12:21pm On Feb 14
Ganjafama:
You sir, are among the miscreants causing poverty and hardship in the country. You know that the actual price is N10k but because of greed you inflated the price. Make una dey fear God o!
If na you, you for sell the cement, japa with the whole money.

To call you a pot calling kettle black, will be singing praises to you.
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by blacknp(m): 12:22pm On Feb 14
obinna58:

U no know say na you be the stupid one
Quite obvious guilty conscience dey worry you.
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Tonididdyx: 12:23pm On Feb 14
Ganjafama:

... Hence we should always decline to patronise the wickedness ravaging the country.
Should cement even sell at 10k in the first place?
Obvious truth is it will get to that 12k mark and lots like you will still order for 100bags

Ps: I'm not wicked. It was only an experiment to prove how gullible Nigerians are

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by blacknp(m): 12:24pm On Feb 14
Adakintroy:

Am not guilty of anything. You elite tribe say you are the once ordain for rulership. Here we are 1985 all over again.

Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice na em dey make you wail like this?

Go plant your own, & do whatever you want to do with it.
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by obinna58(m): 12:24pm On Feb 14
blacknp:
Quite obvious guilty conscience dey worry you.
That was exactly what collapsed our economy, politicians doing exact same thing to us cos they think we’re stupid and truly we’re stupidly ruining our economy coz all of us are very stupid

You were more stupid than the buyer
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Anunakeeh: 12:25pm On Feb 14
Tonididdyx:

... It's at this point I concluded of the stupidity of many Nigerians.

Welldone Comrade.

Confirmed.

Nigeria situation is not ordinary.
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by yemmit90: 12:26pm On Feb 14
inoki247:

Lol with all the increments people are still buying all this things that's where I don't even understand.....

When they say Economy is so good most of our parent are building mud house and couldn't afford Peugout 504 of 3k Naira den....

Economy was good den buh they've no working to show cement was cheap den buh it's hard for people to build a house...

Now that we say everything is worst and unbearable people are still doing things and achieving far better than when the economy was good....

Right now almost all produce is being arbitrage I think this where the present problem we are facing is coming from due to Naira floating people prefer to sell across to border any goods from Nigeria to make more profit....

It was a result of illegal means of getting money by many Nigerians today. Besides, there were few opportunities to make money then, example is online businesses that some are making big money consistently.

Nigerians don't love their country, that is all I can say. Any society where private interest is more important to her citizens that public interest can hardly developed. If these traders loves their country, they wouldn't have done that for personal gain.

1 Like

Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by blacknp(m): 12:27pm On Feb 14
obinna58:

That was exactly what collapsed our economy, politicians doing exact same thing to us cos they think we’re stupid and truly we’re stupidly ruining our economy coz all of us are very stupid

You were more stupid than the buyer
I gree so why you come dey vex, say all of us na the same, exactly what tonididdyx was implying?
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Samade7: 12:28pm On Feb 14
blacknp:
Because to ignorant things like yourself, one size hat, fits all heads abi?

As you have imagined a scenario in your head, so every scenario must be the same abi?

Na guilty conscience dey worry you.

I don't blame you sha, it has to do with your level of reasoning. Just try to be wise, cos if you can fall for this cheap lie, nothing wey u no go fall for.
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by LordBillionz: 12:28pm On Feb 14
blacknp:
A Noble prize winner is a Failure?

Well wouldn’t expect a servant slave to recognize greatness, the abyss of the pit is where you belong.
Noble prize winner my foot...
The noble prizes that's is riddled with controversies?

It adds nothing to him...damn the awards and prizes.

There are many authors better than him they that weren't given the prize. It didn't reduce their greatness not did it make them of lesser greatness( Soyinka ain't great).

Michael Jackson didn't win any Grammy, but can't compare Burna wit him even though they are in different genre of music.
And on influence, Burna no reach.

And, the noble prize is all you can say of him even though it's of no value. I ask again, what has been his contribution to the development of the nation aside wreckage?
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Jlow2: 12:28pm On Feb 14
blacknp:
Sure blame Tinubu for Sokoto farmers going to sell their produce for a higher price across the border.

Laziness knows no bounds.
when your currency has been devalued by tinubu it bcome valueless , so they sell to neighboring country which is close to them wer Dey can make money in hard currency which cfa is to naira recently. The where re the foreign investors he as attracted as that is his reason for devaluation of naira, instead local and foreign companies re folding up in doves, it will be an irreparable loss to your Uba nation that buhari is better than tinubu
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by obinna58(m): 12:29pm On Feb 14
blacknp:
I gree so why you come dey vex, say all of us na the same?
I vex? Why I go vex na? I just wanted to tell you say make you claim smart bcoz the stupidity benefited you
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Tonididdyx: 12:29pm On Feb 14
Samade7:

Unku talk to me direct, nor dey go through corner

... Go round cement shops today, they will tell you they have no products and their shops will be locked but tell them you'll buy one bag at 15k....you will get a thousand bags ASAP.
Cement shop is not a thiefs first choice... "Only one bag of cement, body go tell you".... So a cement shop can be opened unprotected during faylight and nothing go happen!
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by blacknp(m): 12:29pm On Feb 14
Samade7:

I don't blame you sha, it has to do with your level of reasoning. Just try to be wise, cos if you can fall for this cheap lie, nothing wey u no go fall for.
Gerrout with your hypocrisy.
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by cucumbar: 12:30pm On Feb 14
Tonididdyx:

what was your basis for saying this person was stupid?
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Luckysbab: 12:30pm On Feb 14
Winning123:

Mumu! Rather than think on how to leverage the above information, you are insulting Tinubu. The problem with many of you is that you are MENTALLY LAZY. Challenges presents opportunities. But no for people like you. All you do all day is to abuse Tinubu who don't even know you exist.

Allow those mumu na.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Little Onion And Cabbage Farming / N-Power Beneficiary Starts Sugar Cane Farm With N-Power Stipend (Photos) / Groundnut Pyramid In Nigeria In 1970 (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.