Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,892 members, 7,828,154 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu (23614 Views)

Private Jet Conveying Adebayo Adelabu Crash-Lands In Ibadan, Oyo / Nigeria Can’t Continue To Be Father Christmas To Neighbouring Countries – Tinubu / Borrowing To Subsidise Electricity Grossly Irresponsible -FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by Emeskhalifa(m): 9:04am On Feb 15
DaTruths:
Running generator is far more expensive than any amount NEPA would charge.

The problem is that you guys no dey give light.

When Nigerians protest about bad power supply?

In the next 100 years, that's how it would still be if we don't do anything

It will even get worse if nothing is done
Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by sweetjohn(m): 10:02am On Feb 15
IrepChrist:
Nigeria needs leaders that can create wealth. People that can think outside the box. We have the potentials but we lack visionary leaders.
We don’t lack visionary leaders. We lack sincere and visionary voters. What we have are certain voters from SW and North that votes idiots and criminals all in the name of tribalism and religion. What do you guys expect, miracles or what?
Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by Endyrich: 10:05am On Feb 15
na die be dat grin grin grin grin grin
Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by UmarFaruk98: 10:12am On Feb 15
If througly they're subsidizing electricity, why is our bills always on the high, because now as I'm talking I'm paying #25000 for my small house, or is it that the bill we are paying is not getting to FG??
Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by Westman001: 12:00pm On Feb 15
PHAYOL81:

Great that they're now considering full autonomy of power generation and supply. This won't just provide adequate, sustainable and uninterrupted power supply to many capable states of the federation thereby helping the productivity of those states economy but also be a huge source of IGR as well as the reduction in the rate of such states unemployment.
We'll definitely get there if we don't stop pushing for the right change.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

GOD BLESS WESTERN NIGERIA TOO

WE RISE!

Can't blame me, I'm an optimist. provided it's a good move, I always hope it happens and works fine.

If your frustration at my innocent submission is what you termed wisdom, then it's either I need a new dictionary or you're having a dysfunctional brain. Jeez, what's wrong with the kids of nowadays? No manners, no civil or objective response to an argument or opinion but insults, rants and hate. If you're such an ideal product of bad parenting or broken home, you can always train yourself in good societal engagement and approach. It won't kill you to act it sometimes if you don't have it too. Or are you contented projecting yourself this stvpid to everyone?

That you have a frustrated and d@maged life doesn't mean each and everyone is going through the same rough patch with you. Learn to respect personal opinion and move on if it doesn't align with your belief. You honestly don't have to be frustrated like another product of a bad home. This reaction of yours is totally irrational. You can do better. Or do you still believe your wail will intimidate others into submission? If that's the root of your frustrated comment, you would do better for yourself by personality checking in into the nearest psychiatric facility. Sweet dreams!

As expected smiley smiley

Bitterness. You are pained and bitter because I said the TRUTH about the way you reason and how you displayed it.

How you responded to quotes the way you did. And the fact that more than two people shared my view about your comment buttress it all.

You can continue with the level of reasoning capacity you have. You can only hurt people with the same level as yours.
Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by cucumbar: 12:06pm On Feb 15
blacknp:
Very ironic, yet na you dey complain about hardship?
I am immune to it, bro.
I’m balling and will still continue to ball.

I am complaining because I’m not demonic and insane like you are.

The problem is that you zombies are dragging millions of innocent folks down with you.

I know a lot of folks like you, most of them living from hand to mouth, but still supporting this inept government because of tribalism/religion.

I still maintain that it shall never be well with you and your likes..since you love evil, since you love poverty, it must reach you.
Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by Emeka71(m): 3:06pm On Feb 15
Hezzyluv:

Ontop the light we can't even see. undecided

Share Prepaid meter, these sadist no gree make am available. Okay, make we use our money buy the pp meter, na another frustration again. Shey na crime to be a Nigerian ni
Let them even make the light available to us M we are ready to pay thier charge them say NO you can't have light.
Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by Chachamiliano: 3:48pm On Feb 15
nairalanda1:

It is not a matter of pre-paid meter, it is a matter of bills not being cost reflective....and a matter that a lot of customers do not pay their bills.

Power costs between N50-71 per kwh. The cost of producing that power is above N80 per kwh. Countries who have 24/7 power like Ivory coast have charges as high as N180 per kwh for power in households. And most people pay over there.

How is it not a matter of prepaid meter, what process have the government put to checkmate people not paying sir?

If for example, in my area I have 24 power supply reading on a prepaid meter, the government do not need to bother themselves if I pay or not because the meter will do the needful whenever i exhaust my money. MTN or DStv cannot complain that subscribers are not paying will they?
Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by nairalanda1(m): 3:51pm On Feb 15
Chachamiliano:

How is it not a matter of prepaid meter, what process have the government put to checkmate people not paying sir?

If for example, in my area I have 24 power supply reading on a prepaid meter, the government do not need to bother themselves if I pay or not because the meter will do the needful whenever i exhaust my money. MTN or DStv cannot complain that subscribers are not paying will they?

True, but at the end, the tarrif is not cost reflective, as in other african countries.

1 Like

Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by PHAYOL81: 4:03pm On Feb 15
Westman001:

As expected smiley smiley

Bitterness. You are pained and bitter because I said the TRUTH about the way you reason and how you displayed it.

How you responded to quotes the way you did. And the fact that more than two people shared my view about your comment buttress it all.

You can continue with the level of reasoning capacity you have. You can only hurt people with the same level as yours.

I ain't trying to hurt anybody in anyway to be candid but those comments I responded to reflected frustration and bile, and of course yeah, it's never so cool A saying always ring true to me and it's that YOU TREAT PEOPLE IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE WAY YOU WANT TO BE TREATED. Since those posts came with percieved hate, I assumed that's exactly the way you love to be treated too and thus trode the line with you. Sorry if it hurts but we can all do better with the way we address people. Nobody is another guy's play-toy.
AND apologies for adding this too: THAT A HUGE NUMBER OF PEOPLE SUPPORT SOMETHING DOESN'T MAKE IT A TRUTH. All of them could be blinded by whatever. Infact from history, truth had always got few support, check your history books.

1 Like

Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by Chachamiliano: 5:07pm On Feb 15
nairalanda1:

True, but at the end, the tarrif is not cost reflective, as in other african countries.

I understand you sir. But they should give us

1. Light
2. Prepaid meter
Then they can charge the rate that is reflective with the cost of power they supply
Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by nairalanda1(m): 5:24pm On Feb 15
Chachamiliano:

I understand you sir. But they should give us

1. Light
2. Prepaid meter
Then they can charge the rate that is reflective with the cost of power they supply

Thanks, but they have to charge cost reflective tarrif so that they can earn the profit to pay for both of the two.

Back when GSM came to Nigeria, it was so expensive, and service was so bad. If you think it is bad now, back then, one could not call between networks, one always got wrong numbers, and forget about browsing, it was non-existent then. And they were charging heavily. Phones too cost the earth then.

But the GSM companies used the profit they made to pay for improvements and attract investment. By 2005, we had better service, and a few years later, home internet.

The discos never had that advantage. As a result, no profit to fix things at all. Add the fact many do not pay for power at all, and you see the palaver.

1 Like

Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by Growing(m): 5:40pm On Feb 15
I feel like telling him, "God will punish you."

But let me control myself.
Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by Chachamiliano: 9:38am On Feb 17
nairalanda1:

Thanks, but they have to charge cost reflective tarrif so that they can earn the profit to pay for both of the two.

Back when GSM came to Nigeria, it was so expensive, and service was so bad. If you think it is bad now, back then, one could not call between networks, one always got wrong numbers, and forget about browsing, it was non-existent then. And they were charging heavily. Phones too cost the earth then.

But the GSM companies used the profit they made to pay for improvements and attract investment. By 2005, we had better service, and a few years later, home internet.

The discos never had that advantage. As a result, no profit to fix things at all. Add the fact many do not pay for power at all, and you see the palaver.

I quit understand your point, but let me point out something. Y2k triggered a shift in ICT. The year 2000 millennium year was highly anticipated and I could remember the euphoria that came with it. I will never forget when 1999 was handing over to 2000. That year also saw huge shift for Nigeria music and movies. When GSM came into Nigeria, that was the year technology started dominating. I got my first sim in 2003 for 4,600 and first phone Sagem myX2 at 14,000naira. MTN and Econet started with per minute charging till Glo changed the charging to per seconds. At that phase, they were experimenting till better technologies were introduced.

No private company will use her profit to pay subsidy for citizens. If you cannot subscribe to it, you are cut off. No time
Previous for telephone companies, call was generating highest revenue followed by SMS & Data, now It is Data- call and SMS. what has happened? Technology has advance. The truth is that government is a bad business man and Nigerian case is the worst.

Let's not always take their excuses. I bet you, very soon water corporation will come out and tell us the reason why we are not having water is because the government is paying subsidy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

2019 Election: Why Buhari Must Step Down For Saraki - Primate Ayodele / Fayemi, Bisi Egbeyemi Get Certificates Of Return From INEC / Adeyanju Deji And Charly Boy Visit Ooni Of Ife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.