Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,118 members, 7,828,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu (23626 Views)

Private Jet Conveying Adebayo Adelabu Crash-Lands In Ibadan, Oyo / Nigeria Can’t Continue To Be Father Christmas To Neighbouring Countries – Tinubu / Borrowing To Subsidise Electricity Grossly Irresponsible -FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by Franking: 9:54pm On Feb 14
Blame PDP. APC, Buhari and Tinumbu are blameless. They are saints. Yarimo and the rest, how far? Maybe Tinumbu will subsidize only your own. grin
Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by skj1377(m): 9:55pm On Feb 14
Mad man. You and your principal will soon be out
Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by Johnjustice: 9:55pm On Feb 14
IrepChrist:

He is saying Nigeria can't not afford that luxury anymore. It's just a sign of a depleting treasury. We must wake-up. We need urgent intervention. God has so much bless us. But we refuse to plan accordingly.

So you mean all the money should be giving to politicians?

Nigerians should get nothing...is this what democracy is all about, revenue and wealth of the nation, no part is used to take care of the citizens?

Is that democracy, especially when we know how they mismanage funds in Nigeria, is it not better to continue subsidy, so local economy and people thrive, instead of the money saved from subsidy ending up in the hands of greedy politicians?

So you prefer to have all your subsidies withdrawn and the money given to political office holders?

The people are the majority not politicians.

1 Like

Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by maasoap(m): 9:57pm On Feb 14
IrepChrist:

He is saying Nigeria can't not afford that luxury anymore. It's just a sign of a depleting treasury . We must wake-up. We need urgent intervention. God has so much bless us. But we refuse to plan accordingly.
Lol. When they're even having excess revenue that they can't even share it all every month.
Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by Westman001: 9:57pm On Feb 14
What's with all these lies.

When do they start subsidizing electricity.

Infact, the oil they claimed they were subsidizing was all cheat. All those shit they say, when we remove oil subsidy Nigeria would be better. Government will have enough money to run the country.
How has the country being better. What do they need enough money to run when it has become unbearable to leave in the country.

Now, this olodo start talking balderdash about electricity subsidy.
Shey after you privatize the electricity sector of the country. Sold it off from NEPA to PHCN and it has diversify further since then. Suddenly, you come with electricity subsidy again. You didn't say when we privatize the electricity sector, we will subsidize it. You said privatizing the electricity sector is the way forward to have stable electricity in the country.

What's is their importance as a government sef.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by maasoap(m): 10:01pm On Feb 14
Davidgregs:
Nigeria needs to be re-colonized the second time maybe that's when things will go back to normal. Because i see no reason why since we got independence instead of progressing we seems to be regressing backwards. You should have allowed us to be in egypt when we used to eat cucumber and carrot instead of promiseland that will never come.

Lack of patriotism from the leaders to the followers. We don't see this country as ours in the same sense that an average American sees America. That's why we steal billions of naira, siphoning naira to abroad, selling substandard goods, hoarding goods and inflating prices of commodities everyday.

2 Likes

Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by Maxxim: 10:01pm On Feb 14
The mind of a black man is just so horrible
Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by Folzye(m): 10:04pm On Feb 14
Who cursed this country?
Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by Westman001: 10:06pm On Feb 14
PHAYOL81:

Great that they're now considering full autonomy of power generation and supply. This won't just provide adequate, sustainable and uninterrupted power supply to many capable states of the federation thereby helping the productivity of those states economy but also be a huge source of IGR as well as the reduction in the rate of such states unemployment.
We'll definitely get there if we don't stop pushing for the right change.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

GOD BLESS WESTERN NIGERIA TOO

WE RISE!

Can't blame me, I'm an optimist. provided it's a good move, I always hope it happens and works fine.

You are a big mumu.

You sound like a Yes man.

You are not optimistic, at all. You are just totally ignoramus. Your ignorance is so disturbing.

8-10 years ago I was more optimistic than you about the plight of this country. At a point you just have to see through the lies and manipulation and incompetence.

Would your optimistic mind agreed that Tinubu should have handle the removal of subsidy the way he did? Answer this.
Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by Stanislause94: 10:07pm On Feb 14
Yampotatocarrot:
I personally don't have problem paying increased rate as long as I'm seeing constant power

Na before I dey think say if area get prepaid meter, them go dey get light, but now eh, I no understand again, because even with our prepaid meters, we no dey see light for Makinde/Ashipa/Greenlake areas of Amule-Ayobo... What makes it more annoying is that there's a TCN power station or what just beside us
we wey dey ago palace, for my area na prepaid meter all through, na fuel everybody dey buy. Filling station wey I buy fuel yesterday them mix am with water
Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by Interesting2023: 10:09pm On Feb 14
nlfpmod:

https://www.channelstv.com/2024/02/14/just-in-fg-cant-continue-to-subsidise-electricity-power-minister/
How can you subsidies what you are not giving...these set of thieves in power do take us for fools. One day bush meat go finally catch the hunter

1 Like

Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by bellosulaiman(m): 10:10pm On Feb 14
Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by grandstar(m): 10:11pm On Feb 14
IrepChrist:

He is saying Nigeria can't not afford that luxury anymore. It's just a sign of a depleting treasury. We must wake-up. We need urgent intervention. God has so much bless us. But we refuse to plan accordingly.

All the countries in West Africa that enjoy 24 hour supply do not subsidize. It is pricey.

If the generators of the power can not cover their costs as well as the Discos, then don't be surprised at the power cuts.

Nigerians want things for free. Cheap and inefficiency can not be divorced.

Nigerians can afford to pay the full market price for power. I stay in a 3 bedroom flat. I rarely spend beyond 3k a month on power. Assume power prices triples if subsidy is removed, that would mean 9k monthly. If in exchange the power becomes constant, that would be a blessing. Why?

I can spend that same amount or more within two days using a generator. The benefits far outweigh the disbenefit of any price increase.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by Devaro: 10:13pm On Feb 14
I'm dumfounded

The unthinkable will surely happen

But when? That I don't know

1 Like

Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by blacknp(m): 10:14pm On Feb 14
creolehunt:
When it comes to things that benefit the masses, they remember that the country is broke.

When it favors them, they damn all consequences.

I pity their moronic praise singers blinded by religion and tribal foolery
Keep pitying yourself.
Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by Devaro: 10:15pm On Feb 14
Namaster:
But they can continue to subsidize DARKNESS?

Some areas have NOT seen power for over 48 hours.

Given this crazy HEAT, Nigerians now have to choose between BOILING ALIVE or buying petrol at CRAZY PRICES and foregoing dinner.

This is Tinubu's Nigeria.

Back to the gencos, estimated billing should be CRIMINALIZED!

It's MADNESS to give a 3-bedroom house 4 hours of power in every 24-hr cycle and then slam them with an electricity bill of #35K.

When it comes to electricity Buhari era is way better than Tinubus
Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by blacknp(m): 10:15pm On Feb 14
grandstar:

All the countries in West Africa that enjoy 24 hour supply do not subsidize. It is pricey.

If the generators of the power can not cover their costs as well as the Discos, then don't be surprised at the power cuts.

Nigerians want things for free. Cheap and inefficiency can not be divorced.

Nigerians can afford to pay the full market price for power. I stay in a 3 bedroom flat. I rarely spend beyond 3k a month on power. Assume power prices triples if subsidy is removed, that would mean 9k monthly. If in exchange the power becomes constant, that would be a blessing. Why?

I can spend that same amount or more within two days using a generator. The benefits far outweigh the disbenefit of any price increase.
Your damn right.
Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by Ategberoson(m): 10:15pm On Feb 14
Tinubu is not as smart as I thought,Buhari couldn't remove subsidy for 8yrs then he lure you to remove it

What's bad in govt paying heavily on the fuel subsidy because savings from it has no benefit to Nigerians

He's plain dumb to have assent the removal of fuel subsidy a week of his inauguration. From his first week that Nigerians just recovered from Buhari naira scarcity he brought his own hardship

He should be ashamed to identify himself as a financial expert

1 Like

Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by blacknp(m): 10:16pm On Feb 14
Devaro:

When it comes to electricity Buhari era is way better than Tinubus
What kind of thing compares 8 years with 8 months?
Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by Babathanks(m): 10:20pm On Feb 14
tsdarkside:

do you pay your electricity bills or you just tapp....
I use prepaid meter self. I live in kurudu in abuja. Light there is very worst ehn. I depend on generator most times

1 Like

Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by blacknp(m): 10:21pm On Feb 14
Ategberoson:
Tinubu is not as smart as I thought,Buhari couldn't remove subsidy for 8yrs then he lure you to remove it

What's bad in govt paying heavily on the fuel subsidy because savings from it has no benefit to Nigerians

He's plain dumb to have assent the removal of fuel subsidy a week of his inauguration. From his first week that Nigerians just recovered from Buhari naira scarcity he brought his own hardship

He should be ashamed to identify himself as a financial expert
Tinubu the brave leader with the Midas vision for prosperity, who grabbed the bull by the horn, & did what all his predecessors before him were afraid to do.

Strong man Jagaban.

1 Like

Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by Davidgregs(m): 10:22pm On Feb 14
maasoap:

Lack of patriotism from the leaders to the followers. We don't see this country as ours in the same sense that an average American sees America. That's why we steal billions of naira, siphoning naira to abroad, selling substandard goods, hoarding goods and inflating prices of commodities everyday.
you are right my brother, first of all most nigerian be it politicians, the elites, the masses are not "patriotic". If you love your country you won't of embezelling public fund, if you love your country and her people you won't oppress the poor masses, you won't make decisions that will throw you citizens into hunger and starvation. Let's go back to the drawing board and ask ourselves individually "am i patriotic citizen of this country?"

2 Likes

Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by FireUpNow(m): 10:23pm On Feb 14
Rekyz:
Nigerians can't be spared
We'll be thrown into harder hardship.
Is that the word?

It's happening already. The master strategist is bereft of ideas. Even his men too are all wacks

2 Likes

Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by cucumbar: 10:24pm On Feb 14
PHAYOL81:

Great that they're now considering full autonomy of power generation and supply. This won't just provide adequate, sustainable and uninterrupted power supply to many capable states of the federation thereby helping the productivity of those states economy but also be a huge source of IGR as well as the reduction in the rate of such states unemployment.
We'll definitely get there if we don't stop pushing for the right change.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

GOD BLESS WESTERN NIGERIA TOO

WE RISE!

Can't blame me, I'm an optimist. provided it's a good move, I always hope it happens and works fine.
Fool… how long will you continue doing this?
Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by pacificom: 10:25pm On Feb 14
Our government like to copy cat the system in overseas, forgetting that their own government will give much to the public and takes little back in form of tax. Nigerian government of today just want to extort the poorest citizens by levying taxes on them.
Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by blacknp(m): 10:26pm On Feb 14
FireUpNow:

It's happening already. The master strategist is bereft of ideas. Even his men too are all wacks
Why let him waste his precious time trying to save lazy ungrateful things like yourself.

If Discos bring Bill you go complain, go Ghana go see if you fit dare on AC.

1 Like

Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by Bimpe29: 10:28pm On Feb 14
From one economic turmoil to another...
Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by yeshuasfootstep(m): 10:28pm On Feb 14
Holding unto everything and punishing the masses.

Why not allow states see about power?

You people seem to be stoking fire.

1 Like

Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by blacknp(m): 10:30pm On Feb 14
yeshuasfootstep:
Holding unto everything and punishing the masses.

Why not allow states see about power?

You people seem to be stoking fire.
Joker, you blame others for not making laws you sent people to Abuja to make.
Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by Ategberoson(m): 10:30pm On Feb 14
blacknp:
Tinubu the brave leader with the Midas vision for prosperity, who grabbed the bull by the horn, & did what all his predecessors before him were afraid to do.

Strong man Jagaban.

Subsidy is the only thing we benefit from the govt, their useless steps has no benefits to average Nigerians

1 Like

Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by blacknp(m): 10:32pm On Feb 14
Ategberoson:

Subsidy is the only thing we benefit from the govt, their useless steps has no benefits to average Nigerians
If they tell you they cannot continue with the arrangement anymore because the one they subsidized for you, u no gree pay am, what should dey do?

I give you credit you no gree pay, I give you credit the second time you no gree pay, I go give you credit the 3rd time?

Till tomorrow, Nigeria has the lowest electricity tariffs in West Africa.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Amaechi Spent N17bn On Failed Quest To Become Buhari’s Running Mate – PDP / DSS Arrests 14-year-old Boko Haram Suspect Spying At Abuja Airport / NTA Refuses To Broadcast Atiku’s AUN Founder’s Day Even After Receiving Payment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.