Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu (23525 Views)

Private Jet Conveying Adebayo Adelabu Crash-Lands In Ibadan, Oyo / Nigeria Can’t Continue To Be Father Christmas To Neighbouring Countries – Tinubu / Borrowing To Subsidise Electricity Grossly Irresponsible -FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by Johnjustice: 8:32pm On Feb 14
As soon as IMF instructed they follow... America subsidize healthcare, food, transportation, and pay their citizens social security payments, UK subsidize food, healthcare, transportation, social care...IMF didn't tell them to stop, even though America's debt is more than 20trillion dollars now.

What is the government giving back to Nigerians, as owners of this Commonwealth, what are Nigerians enjoying?

All the money Nigeria makes from subsidy removal, from expanded taxes... allocations to governors have increased, but the masses can't have anything.

Only local solutions will solve local issues, IMF is only concerned about collecting back it's loan. A government is not a company, the aim of a company is to make profits, the aim of a government is to take care of the people with national wealth, government take care of the people through welfare, subsides, direct payments etc...I don't understand this Tinubu administration at all. Electricity subsidy is one of the ways government impact small businesses and all Nigerians, if they can't power their small shops, or power their fan to sleep peacefully at night, they will turn to crime. Does this government really want to destroy Nigeria?

6 Likes

Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by akaahs(m): 8:32pm On Feb 14
adioolayi:
Till we have stable electricity...

Subsidy must remain.

If we will be paying premium ...we should enjoy premium service ..

So, provide the premium service first, to justify premium payment.
Did they fix our refinery b4 removal of petrol subsidy
Dey play
Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by segunAde1: 8:32pm On Feb 14
money121:
Shey e gbo werey angry

Some people will come and defend this Nonsense now

"He is going to gather the best brains to work with him"

Shey best brain for electricity ni Bayo Adelabu

Hail Bayo Adelabu, second of his name, the Darkness Lord, to whom Light is a sin. He who sees power supply during harsh weather realities as an abomination.

Congregation: Hail Bayo x3. The Dark Lord, the anti-Light , Swallow and Destroy (NEPA) Light and give us Darkness Today.

IMF don put words for hin mouth ! Yeye person 😀
Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by NGArmyTerrorist: 8:33pm On Feb 14
They're giving it to you people wotowoto! Food, light, Oil and gas etc Una must get sense! 8months never click ooh grin Continue teaching igbo people lesson and how to play polithieves.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by onuman: 8:33pm On Feb 14
FG will rather fry Nigerians in a frying pan called Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by ufuosman(m): 8:33pm On Feb 14
Normally we know say una no get anything to offer

2 Likes

Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by specialmati(m): 8:33pm On Feb 14
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin when last did you hear He built Lagos from a start from the nairaland touts seems like the number of agberos in this platform have reduced.we told them the thief only came to steal,kill and destroy they thought it was a joke

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by specialmati(m): 8:34pm On Feb 14
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin when last did you hear He built Lagos from a start from the nairaland touts seems like the number of agberos in this platform have reduced.we told them the thief only came to steal,kill and destroy they thought it was a joke grin grin grin
Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 8:34pm On Feb 14
SirLakes:
Tinubu is only there to kill and destroy
when banks were busy debiting poor people's account, I told them it will have repercussions because Nigerians curse they follow people, access bank CEO think na Play, he begin building wealth with people's #50. How God take kill am is a message to other Banks CEOs.

2 Likes

Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by odehaj: 8:35pm On Feb 14
nlfpmod:

https://www.channelstv.com/2024/02/14/just-in-fg-cant-continue-to-subsidise-electricity-power-minister/
Military, take over this government, freeze all accounts of politicians both foreign & local let us begin to recover as a nation, otherwise this country is GONE forever!

2 Likes

Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by jaxxy(m): 8:35pm On Feb 14
After running the economy u nutcases wany to remove all subsidy at thesame time? undecided
Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by LordBillionz: 8:36pm On Feb 14
creolehunt:
When it comes to things that benefit the masses, they remember that the country is broke.

When it favors them, they damn all consequences.

I pity their moronic praise singers blinded by religion and tribal foolery
The f*ol that's supporting them can't say anything on this...

2 Likes

Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by Elinosweet143(f): 8:37pm On Feb 14
To say we've not seen light for like 2hours in a day for 3 to 4 days and this people have mind to be saying this is really baffling

3 Likes

Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by Johnjustice: 8:38pm On Feb 14
IrepChrist:
Nigeria needs leaders that can create wealth. People that can think outside the box. We have the potentials but we lack visionary leaders.
We pick the worst of us to lead us, we need visionaries, technocrats, philosophers as leaders, all we have are politicians.
Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by Dohak(m): 8:38pm On Feb 14
Mad statement. Upon selling the discos to private companies and the prenial blackout all over, can a sane man be talking of increase in electricity bill? God's wrath will soon descend on these bunch of criminals.

1 Like

Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by PHAYOL81: 8:39pm On Feb 14
nlfpmod:

Adelabu, addressed a press conference in Abuja on
Wednesday, said only 450 billion naira was
budgeted for subsidy this year but the ministry
needs over 2 trillion naira for subsidy.
He said state governments will now be allowed to
generate power independently to supply power to
their states.

https://www.channelstv.com/2024/02/14/just-in-fg-cant-continue-to-subsidise-electricity-power-minister/

Great that they're now considering full autonomy of power generation and supply. This won't just provide adequate, sustainable and uninterrupted power supply to many capable states of the federation thereby helping the productivity of those states economy but also be a huge source of IGR as well as the reduction in the rate of such states unemployment.
We'll definitely get there if we don't stop pushing for the right change.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

GOD BLESS WESTERN NIGERIA TOO

WE RISE!

Raylight2:

You just gave in to another deceit.

Can't blame me, I'm an optimist. provided it's a good move, I always hope it happens and works fine.

cucumbar:
Fool… how long will you continue doing this?

If your frustration at my innocent submission is what you termed wisdom, then it's either I need a new dictionary or you're having a dysfunctional brain. Jeez, what's wrong with the kids of nowadays? No manners, no civil or objective response to an argument or opinion but insults, rants and hate. If you're such an ideal product of bad parenting or broken home, you can always train yourself in good societal engagement and approach. It won't kill you to act it sometimes if you don't have it too. Or are you contented projecting yourself this stvpid to everyone?

Westman001:

You are a big mumu.

You sound like a Yes man.

You are not optimistic, at all. You are just totally ignoramus. Your ignorance is so disturbing.

8-10 years ago I was more optimistic than you about the plight of this country. At a point you just have to see through the lies and manipulation and incompetence.

Would your optimistic mind agreed that Tinubu should have handle the removal of subsidy the way he did? Answer this.

That you have a frustrated and d@maged life doesn't mean each and everyone is going through the same rough patch with you. Learn to respect personal opinion and move on if it doesn't align with your belief. You honestly don't have to be frustrated like another product of a bad home. This reaction of yours is totally irrational. You can do better. Or do you still believe your wail will intimidate others into submission? If that's the root of your frustrated comment, you would do better for yourself by personality checking in into the nearest psychiatric facility. Sweet dreams!

3 Likes

Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by Focusmind: 8:39pm On Feb 14
This guy is as daft as his face. I haven't seen the worst minister of power like this one. We used to have 23hrs of electricity in my area prior to this. Now, we hardly see three hours in a day. Anyway, I don comot eye for NEPA matter. If you have money, invest in solar and Inverter. You will be happier you did.

2 Likes

Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by freemanq(m): 8:39pm On Feb 14
What then is federal government doing? They collect money from their agencies share it the state and local government nothing more nothing less.

1 Like

Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by faceland: 8:39pm On Feb 14
IrepChrist:
Nigeria needs leaders that can create wealth. People that can think outside the box. We have the potentials but we lack visionary leaders.

Tinubu want to take wealth from the citizens. Even now they want to tax content creators (after they pay tax to USA, then VAT in Nigeria, by the time they remove cost of production, it is slavery).

Tollgate government.

1 Like

Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by Raylight2(m): 8:40pm On Feb 14
nlfpmod:

What exactly do we do in this country that is government owned. ? That we don't have to pay one organization? Is there anything? I thought we generate electricity. Which one is GenCos again?

1 Like

Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by Tombrown3(m): 8:40pm On Feb 14
faceland:
I don't blame them. It is those making solar panel too expensive.

We need to make these people obsolete.

I swear, how can 250watts solar panel be 120k. Batter 250k.

I feel hopeless for this country, I haven't had light for almost 2week now.

4 Likes

Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by gigabyte13: 8:42pm On Feb 14
Dem supposed hang this man on top high tension wire....
The must useless minister in this regime.
Very very useless like PHCN
Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by tsdarkside(m): 8:42pm On Feb 14
they were subsidisin electricity too....??

go ahead....make them lazy....
nigerians must be the most foolish type of black people....

nothing is free in this world....
absolutly nothing....!!

what is next....??
start printin dollars for them just to get elected....

2 Likes

Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by Raylight2(m): 8:42pm On Feb 14
PHAYOL81:

Great that they're now considering full autonomy of power generation and supply. This won't just provide adequate, sustainable and uninterrupted power supply to many capable states of the federation thereby helping the productivity of those states economy but also be a huge source of IGR as well as the reduction in the rate of such states unemployment.
We'll definitely get there if we don't stop pushing for the right change.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

GOD BLESS WESTERN NIGERIA TOO

WE RISE!

You just gave in to another deceit.

1 Like

Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by Moniya4Real(m): 8:42pm On Feb 14
Agreed bro. But needful to say we , the citizens aren’t really different from our rulers

IrepChrist:

1 Like

Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by Nilx: 8:43pm On Feb 14
Y'all see this? Well I'm just saying the thing is that idgaf about this whole situation

1 Like

Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by deedo93(m): 8:43pm On Feb 14
Wow!! And I thought this administration would be smart enough to disregard IMF's recommendation to remove the electricity subsidy. LOL! The suffering we are suffering never do APC? They should try it and see how far

1 Like

Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by kiltoko1(m): 8:44pm On Feb 14
The truth color don dey come out... 😂
Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by Babathanks(m): 8:44pm On Feb 14
Which electricity are this people subsidizing self 😂?
Me that stay in abuja, is only midnight they use to bring there light over here. Sometimes I use to power my generator throughout the night 😔

2 Likes

Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by themanderon: 8:45pm On Feb 14
Excuses , excuses and more excuses that is what they have been giving since 2015. Ever since the drug Baron took over Nigeria has been plunged into darkness on every front

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by adioolayi(m): 8:45pm On Feb 14
akaahs:

Did they fix our refinery b4 removal of petrol subsidy
Dey play

Electricity case is different..in the sense that, Petroleum subsidy we're being enjoyed by not only Nigerians, but huge populations of neighbouring countries. Subsidized petroleum products were being smuggled to those countries.

For electricity..the subsidy is solely for Nigerians and Nigerians only.

1 Like

Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by tsdarkside(m): 8:45pm On Feb 14
Babathanks:
Which electricity are this people subsidizing self 😂?
Me that stay in abuja, is only midnight they use to bring there light over here. Sometimes I use to power my generator throughout the night 😔

do you pay your electricity bills or you just tapp....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dasuki Appears In Abuja Court, Looks Unruffled / Remitted N973Million:Goodluck Jonathan, NOT President Buhari Recovered The Money / Kwara Assembly Speaker Dumps APC, Leads 23 Lawmakers To PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.