Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,095 members, 7,814,845 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market (45739 Views)

I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) / See The Local Rice I Purchased At 800 Naira Per Mudu In Birnin Kebbi (photo) / See The Plate Of Rice I Bought For #400 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by simonlee(m): 2:29pm On Feb 15
So, considering the rate at which the price of foodstuffs keep increasing by the day, I decided to buy enough rice to last a while.
I went to a local market here in Southern Kaduna (where I work) to get my rice. These local markets are open only once a week, with traders and buyers from far and wide coming to make the most of it.
I was able to get local, clean rice at the rate of N1,500 per mudu (our unit of measurement here grin). I bought 15 mudus, that's N22,500 and got 1 extra mudu free after scoping the mama to the best of my ability.
I think it was a good purchase considering how our brothers in the south are lamenting the cost of food over there.
What's the situation in your area?

63 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by eliyke(m): 2:42pm On Feb 15
sad d color of d rice looks somehow,abi na ur camera?

121 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by Jennyclay(f): 2:46pm On Feb 15
It’s a good deal.

I know this rice, it’s nice but it has some little stones/sand in it. If you want to prepare it, first of all parboil the rice, then you wash and filter it properly (like 6 times).

make sure the starch and stones are out totally. Excessive eating of rice mixed with stone could result to appendix issues, that’s why I don’t like these local rice undecided.

173 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by osmosis101(m): 2:52pm On Feb 15
eliyke:

Its an auto-jollof rice

118 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by chicfarmer: 3:17pm On Feb 15
Good deal.

2 Likes

Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by RepoMan007: 3:19pm On Feb 15
OP, how many milk cups make one of that "mudu"?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by RepoMan007: 3:22pm On Feb 15
Jennyclay:

I know this rice, it’s nice but it has some little stones/sand in it. If you want to prepare it, first of all per-boil the rice, then you wash and filter it properly (like 6 times).
I wonder why a seller can't remove stones. No value addition. They just buy from bush market and are after killer profit. That's why they can't export it far away.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by Jennyclay(f): 3:31pm On Feb 15
RepoMan007:
I winder why a seller can't remove stones. No value addition. They just vuy from bush market and are after killer profit. That's why they can't export it far away.
first of all, these farmers don’t have the necessary heavy machinery equipment that can remove sand/stones from their rice undecided and the government don’t want to help them to improve so you won’t blame them undecided

That’s why Foreign rice will always be better than our local rice, but that doesn’t mean our local rice isn’t good. If you have time to remove the stones/sand then you can enjoy it.

112 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by RepoMan007: 3:34pm On Feb 15
Jennyclay:
first of all, these farmers don’t have the necessary heavy machinery equipment that can remove sand/stones from their rice undecided and the government don’t want to help them to improve so you won’t blame them undecided

Foreign rice will always be better than our local rice, but that doesn’t mean our local rice isn’t good. If you have time to remove the stones/sand then you can enjoy it.
from what I understand during the parboiling process, the stone usually settle down in the containers but they still somehow find themselves into the final rice because nobody wants to lost any measure of rice.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by eleniyan2020: 3:53pm On Feb 15
simonlee:
So, considering the rate at which the price of foodstuffs keep increasing by the day, I decided to buy enough rice to last a while.
I went to a local market here in Southern Kaduna (where I work) to get my rice. These local markets are open only once a week, with traders and buyers from far and wide coming to make the most of it.
I was able to get local, clean rice at the rate of N1,500 per mudu (our unit of measurement here grin). I bought 15 mudus, that's N22,500 and got 1 extra mudu free after scoping the mama to the best of my ability.
I think it was a good purchase considering how our brothers in the south are lamenting the cost of food over there.
Monday market..

6 Likes

Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by gaby(m): 4:00pm On Feb 15
Congratulations to you..

You narrowly escaped the rice husks by the whiskers.

Poor beans. Not able to compete with rice in the pot.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by mariahAngel(f): 4:16pm On Feb 15
Make sure to always parboil the rice first before cooking.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by illuminutty: 4:22pm On Feb 15
See how miserable and poor Tinubu has made Nigerians.

I miss Buhari.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by Caramia2020(m): 4:22pm On Feb 15
The rejected stone has become the chief cornerstone, smile Tinubu well done, you have indeed relegated Nigerians. Rice that farmers use to feed fish is what humans are now rushing. It simply means we are competing with fish. Shege Promax.

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by Ebukamatth(m): 4:22pm On Feb 15
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by Ebukamatth(m): 4:23pm On Feb 15
eliyke:

Even Nigeria color looks somehow

11 Likes

Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by caesymore(m): 4:23pm On Feb 15
Jennyclay:
It’s a good deal.

I know this rice, it’s nice but it has some little stones/sand in it. If you want to prepare it, first of all parboil the rice, then you wash and filter it properly (like 6 times).

make sure the starch and stones are out totally. Excessive eating of rice mixed with stone could result to appendix, that’s why I don’t like these local rice undecided.

Boom Dig_it!!!

See stress ontop rice tufiakwa

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by Lanre1st(m): 4:23pm On Feb 15
It’s a good price.

The only concern is when will Nigeria rice or let call it local rice will stone free and look healthy.

Looking at the rice is scary

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by hansomb: 4:23pm On Feb 15
eliyke:
Who color help, at the moment people will eat black colored rice if available

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by dalass(f): 4:24pm On Feb 15
undecided
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by Chicagograduate(m): 4:25pm On Feb 15
You bought stonefilled rice for a staggered 22k and you are proud.If border is opened,the price of this rice you bought will be lower when compare to the foreign quality rice.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by hansomb: 4:25pm On Feb 15
RepoMan007:
16 cups. We call that mudu size tier here. The smaller mudu measure 8 cups.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by Reelmii: 4:25pm On Feb 15
Atleast u get food..some local rice are actually stone free( for those complaining about the rice), i got a free bag of local rice during Christmas and it was really good....

But because i already have foreign rice,, i decided i was going to shear the bag of local rice i was given, ofcourse i cooked from it before giving out, because i wanted to be sure there was no stone...it won't be nice to give out wat i cant eat

But the rice was very nice and all those i gave said it was very nice as well and no stone...

So ..not all local rice carry stone, and i did not select the rice before cooking

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by Pinicop(m): 4:25pm On Feb 15
You called that a "clean" rice? Hmm

Hunger doesn't respect anybody who is penniless.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by airsaylongcome: 4:26pm On Feb 15
Jennyclay:
It’s a good deal.

make sure the starch and stones are out totally. Excessive eating of rice mixed with stone could result to appendix, that’s why I don’t like these local rice undecided.

Where did you read that? That appendicitis is caused by stone in rice?!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by jimmyolasun: 4:26pm On Feb 15
Any time I hear southern Kaduna,na soso gaza I dey imagine....

Wait, so after cooking the rice, the stones inside will turn to beans??

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by EdiskyHarry: 4:26pm On Feb 15
It is well
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by raphretle: 4:26pm On Feb 15
RepoMan007:
8 cups make up 1 mudu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by Jennyclay(f): 4:26pm On Feb 15
caesymore:

Boom Dig_it!!!
See stress ontop rice tufiakwa
it’s not stressful undecided.

BTW it’s for your own health.

4 Likes

Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by Gbadugbakun(m): 4:27pm On Feb 15
sad

7 Likes

Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by Dshocker(m): 4:27pm On Feb 15
simonlee:

Bro you go chop stone, you go tire 🤣

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by JayTripz(m): 4:28pm On Feb 15
Omoooo

This is good 👍

I nor kuku like Rice

Na noddles chiki 100g way Dem de sell 1 for 250 de vex me now......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

13 Most Amazing Nigerian Food Tranformations (photos) / Guinness World Records Certifies Hilda Baci's Longest Cooking Marathon Record / Boy Who Was Captured Eating From The Bin Smiles In New Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.