Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market (45755 Views)

I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) / See The Local Rice I Purchased At 800 Naira Per Mudu In Birnin Kebbi (photo) / See The Plate Of Rice I Bought For #400 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by Nokio2: 4:50pm On Feb 15
Hope say u wash that chikun feed bag b4 u put rice inside o
Make we no later hear nairalander in kafanchan found behaving like agrited broiler..

3 Likes

Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by zebszebs: 4:50pm On Feb 15
Imagine how Nigeria will be after the 8th year of Rehoboam's tenure.

Omo, people will be boiling stones to eat.

God forbid
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by tnerro1(m): 4:50pm On Feb 15
Be careful, local rice sent me to the dentist last month due to a stone that damaged my filings, now I no dey chew again na to swallow am like pounded yam

1 Like

Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by airsaylongcome: 4:50pm On Feb 15
Jennyclay:
go and be eating sand and stone undecided. It’s non of my business!

You people don’t learn undecided

I asked for a reference for your assertion. Not an emotional tantrum

1 Like

Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by Israel07: 4:52pm On Feb 15
PARADIZEPRIEST:
Bihari was in power for 8years,not PTinubu.Does it mean if you are a company driver recommended, and you crash the car,is your guarantor the one guilty that crashed the car? ,think,and be sincere to yasef.

You're clearly an illiterate. Dumb head
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by Chummynoni(m): 4:52pm On Feb 15
PARADIZEPRIEST:
Stop ya ignorance now.STOP BLAMING PTINUBU FOR THE WOES OF PAST 8YEARS GOVT of ya buha run away to Niger.
BE REASONABLE,SOMEONE THAT IS LESS THAN ONE YEAR,TRYING TO CLEAR 8YEARS MESS. angry go and bring ya bihari to account if you dey wise.
IMF ASKED BUHA TO REMOVE SUBSIDY TO PAY LOANS HE COLLECTED,
TNUBU IS JUST FOLLOWING AGREEMT BUHA REACHED WITH IMF.

NAIJA FOREIGN RESERVE IS IN RED LEFT BY BUHA,SO HOW CAN NAIRA DO WELL IN FX?

ALL THE DOLLARS LOANS BUHA USE OUR OIL TO BORROW,HE DIDNT BUILD REFINERY,
HE DIDNT PROVIDE STABLE ELECTRICITY

SO WHERE ALL THE DOLLARS GO?

UNA NO DEY ASK QUESTION FROM BUHA WEY WAN RUN TO HIDE IN NIGER AT ALL?
GHANA ECONOMY HAS CRASHED,YET
GHANAIANS ASK THIER GOVT MORE INTELLIGENT QUESTIONS THAN NAIJA PPL,TO SOLVE TGEIR PROBLEMS.

NAIJA UNA TOO DEY IGNORANT. undecided
and the guy was right blaming tinubu. Buhari gave up on vying for presidency but tinubu went to Daura to pick buhari , and Nigerians voted for him . so tinubu will forever be part of the problem of this economic chaos.

1 Like

Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by akaahs(m): 4:54pm On Feb 15
RepoMan007:
OP, how many milk cups make one of that "mudu"?
8_9
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by Abdulmumin412(m): 4:57pm On Feb 15
Jennyclay:
It’s a good deal.

I know this rice, it’s nice but it has some little stones/sand in it. If you want to prepare it, first of all parboil the rice, then you wash and filter it properly (like 6 times).

make sure the starch and stones are out totally. Excessive eating of rice mixed with stone could result to appendix issues, that’s why I don’t like these local rice undecided.
You spoke well today or am I dreaming is this not Jennyclay? You even know local rice? I thought you are Okonjo Iweala.
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by Dyfynezz12(m): 4:58pm On Feb 15
Jennyclay:
It’s a good deal.

I know this rice, it’s nice but it has some little stones/sand in it. If you want to prepare it, first of all parboil the rice, then you wash and filter it properly (like 6 times).

make sure the starch and stones are out totally. Excessive eating of rice mixed with stone could result to appendix issues, that’s why I don’t like these local rice undecided.
Ur smartest comment on nairaland

3 Likes

Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by ufuosman(m): 4:58pm On Feb 15
Cheap oh
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by Agbegbaorogboye: 4:58pm On Feb 15
RepoMan007:
from what I understand during the parboiling process, the stone usually settle down in the containers but they still somehow find themselves into the final rice because nobody wants to lost any measure of rice.
This is not correct
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by Majesty7: 5:00pm On Feb 15
simonlee:
So, considering the rate at which the price of foodstuffs keep increasing by the day, I decided to buy enough rice to last a while.
I went to a local market here in Southern Kaduna (where I work) to get my rice. These local markets are open only once a week, with traders and buyers from far and wide coming to make the most of it.
I was able to get local, clean rice at the rate of N1,500 per mudu (our unit of measurement here grin). I bought 15 mudus, that's N22,500 and got 1 extra mudu free after scoping the mama to the best of my ability.
I think it was a good purchase considering how our brothers in the south are lamenting the cost of food over there.
What's the situation in your area?

An excellent buy.

This is the right time for local producers to capture the market. If not for greediness, a thousand naira or less should buy a mudu successfully.

1 Like

Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by Mayoisemj4real(m): 5:00pm On Feb 15
Give an time
Dis particular rice go soon cost for market,even as it is worst
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by nedekid: 5:01pm On Feb 15
Nice one, sha set aside money for dentist though. grin
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by qtx(m): 5:02pm On Feb 15
eliyke:
sad d color of d rice looks somehow,abi na ur camera?
Yes, its the colour of the camera, actually, it was taken with a china phone that is why. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by Agbegbaorogboye: 5:02pm On Feb 15
jimmyolasun:
Any time I hear southern Kaduna,na soso gaza I dey imagine....

Wait, so after cooking the rice, the stones inside will turn to beans??
grin grin grin
Boss!! Can I have some of your colos

1 Like

Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by MichaelSokoto(m): 5:02pm On Feb 15
osmosis101:

Its an auto-jollof rice

1 Like

Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by Abdulmumin412(m): 5:04pm On Feb 15
hansomb:
in core north it's 16 cups. There's a bigger mudu here
Mudu is half of tier. Tier is 16 cups while mudu is 8 cups.

1 Like

Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by boxypane(m): 5:04pm On Feb 15
Nice buy.
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by liamjakes247: 5:07pm On Feb 15
A full bag has how many teers
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by Akaegwu(m): 5:11pm On Feb 15
simonlee:
So, considering the rate at which the price of foodstuffs keep increasing by the day, I decided to buy enough rice to last a while.
I went to a local market here in Southern Kaduna (where I work) to get my rice. These local markets are open only once a week, with traders and buyers from far and wide coming to make the most of it.
I was able to get local, clean rice at the rate of N1,500 per mudu (our unit of measurement here grin). I bought 15 mudus, that's N22,500 and got 1 extra mudu free after scoping the mama to the best of my ability.
I think it was a good purchase considering how our brothers in the south are lamenting the cost of food over there.
What's the situation in your area?
You used almost the salary of Nairaland online miscreant warriors buy rice 🍚. It is well.
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by illuminutty: 5:11pm On Feb 15
PARADIZEPRIEST:
Stop ya ignorance now.STOP BLAMING PTINUBU FOR THE WOES OF PAST 8YEARS GOVT of ya buha run away to Niger.
BE REASONABLE,SOMEONE THAT IS LESS THAN ONE YEAR,TRYING TO CLEAR 8YEARS MESS. angry go and bring ya bihari to account if you dey wise.
IMF ASKED BUHA TO REMOVE SUBSIDY TO PAY LOANS HE COLLECTED,
TNUBU IS JUST FOLLOWING AGREEMT BUHA REACHED WITH IMF.

NAIJA FOREIGN RESERVE IS IN RED LEFT BY BUHA,SO HOW CAN NAIRA DO WELL IN FX?

ALL THE DOLLARS LOANS BUHA USE OUR OIL TO BORROW,HE DIDNT BUILD REFINERY,
HE DIDNT PROVIDE STABLE ELECTRICITY

SO WHERE ALL THE DOLLARS GO?

UNA NO DEY ASK QUESTION FROM BUHA WEY WAN RUN TO HIDE IN NIGER AT ALL?
GHANA ECONOMY HAS CRASHED,YET
GHANAIANS ASK THIER GOVT MORE INTELLIGENT QUESTIONS THAN NAIJA PPL,TO SOLVE TGEIR PROBLEMS.

NAIJA UNA TOO DEY IGNORANT. undecided

You are ignorant and a coward!
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by sweetTai(m): 5:11pm On Feb 15
What type of rice is that? Doesn’t look right to me.
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by haphizz57(m): 5:14pm On Feb 15
It depends. But majorly it 10+ to 11 milkcup
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by crowther15(m): 5:14pm On Feb 15
Jennyclay:
first of all, these farmers don’t have the necessary heavy machinery equipment that can remove sand/stones from their rice undecided and the government don’t want to help them to improve so you won’t blame them undecided

That’s why Foreign rice will always be better than our local rice, but that doesn’t mean our local rice isn’t good. If you have time to remove the stones/sand then you can enjoy it.

Some selected individuals usually have machine in the market. Due to cost of fuel, the price may be a little bit higher than before. When I was Taraba back then in 2018, whenever we buy local rice, we would take it to the machine for stone removal. And it was cheap then.
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by Kajaard: 5:15pm On Feb 15
tnerro1:
Be careful, local rice sent me to the dentist last month due to a stone that damaged my filings, now I no dey chew again na to swallow am like pounded yam

Lol 🤣
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by Elsueno: 5:16pm On Feb 15
RepoMan007:
I wonder why a seller can't remove stones. No value addition. They just buy from bush market and are after killer profit. That's why they can't export it far away.

Because, they need to mill it a few more times, which means higher costs!...Usually some people buy the paddy & then mill it like 2-3 times or more. These gives a cleaner rice without stone.

1 Like

Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by tinnymerit(m): 5:17pm On Feb 15
This is porridge rice.
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by Verbtips(m): 5:20pm On Feb 15
Jennyclay:
It’s a good deal.

pele appendix has no identified cause
when you suffer from appendix
that means the appendix has been inflamed
i know a guy who as an appendix
and was afraid of losing his organ
i told him to drink plenty of water when he wakes up
and keep drinking till 12pm
eat raw
ginger
garlic
onions
by 6pm
eat little food
guest wat 2wiks leter e go anoda hosiptal go do test no appendix
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by MightySparrow: 5:21pm On Feb 15
Jennyclay:
It’s a good deal.

It is because Standard Organization Nigeria is not working. Rice and stones don't p/grow together. This is part of Nigerian's problems. There should be standards. When we fix the needful, Nigeria will great.
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by Komu1048(m): 5:22pm On Feb 15
Chicagograduate:
You bought stonefilled rice for a staggered 22k and you are proud.If border is opened,the price of this rice you bought will be lower when compare to the foreign quality rice.

Lol, u think naira is still what it used to be, my dear even if border open. This rice will be more expensive cox they will gain more to export it n bring forex than import to come at a lost
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by haphizz57(m): 5:23pm On Feb 15
Jennyclay:
first of all, these farmers don’t have the necessary heavy machinery equipment that can remove sand/stones from their rice undecided and the government don’t want to help them to improve so you won’t blame them undecided

That’s why Foreign rice will always be better than our local rice, but that doesn’t mean our local rice isn’t good. If you have time to remove the stones/sand then you can enjoy it.

If nt for d sand and dirty. I prefer d local rice dan d foreign rice. Simply because it doesnt contain preservatives and all dat. Some of d so called foreign rice are purify beta local rice. Most sellers do come frm d south to buy in heavy quantities. Do proper finishing cleaning and rebag it as foreign product

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

13 Most Amazing Nigerian Food Tranformations (photos) / Boy Who Was Captured Eating From The Bin Smiles In New Photo / Guinness World Records Certifies Hilda Baci's Longest Cooking Marathon Record

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.