Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,967 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market (45757 Views)

I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) / See The Local Rice I Purchased At 800 Naira Per Mudu In Birnin Kebbi (photo) / See The Plate Of Rice I Bought For #400 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by Lumarstone: 7:09pm On Feb 15
Please, What is the name of that your local market in southern Kaduna?
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by Awise09(m): 7:10pm On Feb 15
RepoMan007:
OP, how many milk cups make one of that "mudu"?
You get eight of tin milk.
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by blueivy8: 7:13pm On Feb 15
Local rice, what do you expect?
eliyke:
sad d color of d rice looks somehow,abi na ur camera?
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by femi4: 7:13pm On Feb 15
simonlee:
So, considering the rate at which the price of foodstuffs keep increasing by the day, I decided to buy enough rice to last a while.
I went to a local market here in Southern Kaduna (where I work) to get my rice. These local markets are open only once a week, with traders and buyers from far and wide coming to make the most of it.
I was able to get local, clean rice at the rate of N1,500 per mudu (our unit of measurement here grin). I bought 15 mudus, that's N22,500 and got 1 extra mudu free after scoping the mama to the best of my ability.
I think it was a good purchase considering how our brothers in the south are lamenting the cost of food over there.
What's the situation in your area?
You will still buy at new price very soon even if you have a warehouse
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by TonyBby: 7:25pm On Feb 15
Jennyclay:
It’s a good deal.

I know this rice, it’s nice but it has some little stones/sand in it. If you want to prepare it, first of all parboil the rice, then you wash and filter it properly (like 6 times).

make sure the starch and stones are out totally. Excessive eating of rice mixed with stone could result to appendix issues, that’s why I don’t like these local rice undecided.
That was then, they've improved a lot, no more stones.
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by malvisguy212: 7:28pm On Feb 15
Jennyclay:
first of all, these farmers don’t have the necessary heavy machinery equipment that can remove sand/stones from their rice undecided and the government don’t want to help them to improve so you won’t blame them undecided

That’s why Foreign rice will always be better than our local rice, but that doesn’t mean our local rice isn’t good. If you have time to remove the stones/sand then you can enjoy it.
no mind the guy... first get the food, we will talk about the stones later. lol
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by Love800(m): 7:31pm On Feb 15
Christ!

So u get sense like dis?

I checked the monicker twice to confirm.
Jennyclay:
It’s a good deal.

I know this rice, it’s nice but it has some little stones/sand in it. If you want to prepare it, first of all parboil the rice, then you wash and filter it properly (like 6 times).

make sure the starch and stones are out totally. Excessive eating of rice mixed with stone could result to appendix issues, that’s why I don’t like these local rice undecided.
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by Love800(m): 7:35pm On Feb 15
What about if one is eating stone manifested foods, what will be of him?
airsaylongcome:

Where did you read that? That appendicitis is caused by stone in rice?!
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by Love800(m): 7:36pm On Feb 15
What do u eat in place of rice?
JayTripz:
Omoooo

This is good 👍

I nor kuku like Rice

Na noddles chiki 100g way Dem de sell 1 for 250 de vex me now......
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by OkukoIgbo: 7:39pm On Feb 15
hansomb:

Who color help, at the moment people will eat black colored rice if available

Be talking about only yourself, Don't generalize. Please.
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by Love800(m): 7:41pm On Feb 15
What are they processing in this rice again?
Chosimba:

You do realise that rice's natural color is brown and it only becomes white after processing?
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by Love800(m): 7:44pm On Feb 15
U mean u dont chew food with dat particular teeth again?
What option do u have for the teeth. U dont wont to remove it?
tnerro1:
Be careful, local rice sent me to the dentist last month due to a stone that damaged my filings, now I no dey chew again na to swallow am like pounded yam
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by Hassanmaye(m): 7:48pm On Feb 15
simonlee:
So, considering the rate at which the price of foodstuffs keep increasing by the day, I decided to buy enough rice to last a while.
I went to a local market here in Southern Kaduna (where I work) to get my rice. These local markets are open only once a week, with traders and buyers from far and wide coming to make the most of it.
I was able to get local, clean rice at the rate of N1,500 per mudu (our unit of measurement here grin). I bought 15 mudus, that's N22,500 and got 1 extra mudu free after scoping the mama to the best of my ability.
I think it was a good purchase considering how our brothers in the south are lamenting the cost of food over there.
That's beauty of the north, try buying it in Enugu or Anambra next week time please
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by Love800(m): 7:48pm On Feb 15
I thought ur appendix will start to disturb u, when it's full with fruit seeds and stones?
Verbtips:
pele appendix has no identified cause
when you suffer from appendix
that means the appendix has been inflamed
i know a guy who as an appendix
and was afraid of losing his organ
i told him to drink plenty of water when he wakes up
and keep drinking till 12pm
eat raw
ginger
garlic
onions
by 6pm
eat little food
guest wat 2wiks leter e go anoda hosiptal go do test no appendix
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by Love800(m): 7:55pm On Feb 15
What do u mean by bleach?
AkinPhysicist:

WHITE rice is BLEACHED rice. Naturally, rice does NOT have white color.

1 Like

Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by tnerro1(m): 7:55pm On Feb 15
Love800:
U mean u dont chew food with dat particular teeth again?
What option do u have for the teeth. U dont wont to remove it?

They did a temporary filing to see how bad the damage was, I will be back in 6 weeks to see what will happen next☹️
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by mariahAngel(f): 8:07pm On Feb 15
MrSamsung:

Why?

To get rid of excess starch and that weird taste.
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by MrSamsung(m): 8:14pm On Feb 15
mariahAngel:

To get rid of excess starch and that weird taste.

Okay I thought it was something else
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by Verbtips(m): 8:25pm On Feb 15
Love800:
I thought ur appendix will start to disturb u, when it's full with fruit seeds and stones?
our body system can digest those things
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by igabariotito: 8:48pm On Feb 15
RepoMan007:
9 cups
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by achorladey: 8:51pm On Feb 15
If not for the absurdities that exist in this country,why will the dollar determine the amount we sell rice in this country. Anyone that needs foreign can pay the premium fee to get it while we enjoy and keep selling the locally produced one at a good price irrespective of the price of dollars. The government were busy subsidising what is now hunger and death to it's people destroying local content, promoting laziness, enriching the few people among the citizens to live fat on foreign exchange.
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by Testimony1988(m): 9:03pm On Feb 15
eliyke:
sad d color of d rice looks somehow,abi na ur camera?
Yes, but the cooked rice make sense.
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by Josipov: 9:06pm On Feb 15
simonlee:

Which market and what day of the week...
At Samaru or Zonkwa?
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by compton11(m): 9:28pm On Feb 15
RepoMan007:
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by Mypeople2(m): 9:46pm On Feb 15
simonlee:
1 mudu= 9 cups
15 mudus = 135 cups
21 cups = 1 basket
135 cups = 6.4 baskets
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by simonlee(m): 10:00pm On Feb 15
Josipov:

Which market and what day of the week...
At Samaru or Zonkwa?
Gidan Waya market, on Mondays
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by simonlee(m): 10:00pm On Feb 15
Lumarstone:
Please, What is the name of that your local market in southern Kaduna?
Gidan Waya market, on Mondays
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by Kaybaba5(m): 10:27pm On Feb 15
[quote author=Jennyclay post=128469118]It’s a good deal.

make sure the starch and stones are out totally. Excessive eating of rice mixed with stone could result to appendix issues, that’s why I don’t like these local rice undecided.[/quote

Appendix issue........ Like seriously ]
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by neoG(f): 10:50pm On Feb 15
Yeah
Promisesmiling:

Exactly, there are even other top notch manufacturer bags like Stallion et el... Each with different prices, the secret now is buying a good quality rice and this is based off texture not colour or stones.
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by Olabode211: 11:34pm On Feb 15
Omo this kind rice na cook and swallow,waiting concern me about stone.who stone epp?
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by JayTripz(m): 12:15am On Feb 16
Love800:
What do u eat in place of rice?

Beans... Enough beans and bread
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by Redman44(m): 1:57am On Feb 16
Go and plant, Southerners . We have good soil and we can plant all sorts of crops including beans, soybeans, guinea corn and maize. Plant crops in your compound when the rainy season starts Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

13 Most Amazing Nigerian Food Tranformations (photos) / Boy Who Was Captured Eating From The Bin Smiles In New Photo / Guinness World Records Certifies Hilda Baci's Longest Cooking Marathon Record

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.