Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market (45758 Views)

I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) / See The Local Rice I Purchased At 800 Naira Per Mudu In Birnin Kebbi (photo) / See The Plate Of Rice I Bought For #400 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by PortHarcourtcit(m): 4:29pm On Feb 15
Dusty and sandy
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by victorazy(m): 4:29pm On Feb 15
Ok
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by b0rn2fuck(m): 4:29pm On Feb 15
Wicked Jagaban
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by Jennyclay(f): 4:29pm On Feb 15
airsaylongcome:

Where did you read that? That appendicitis is caused by stone in rice?!
go and be eating sand and stone undecided. It’s non of my business!

You people don’t learn undecided

1 Like

Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by PARADIZEPRIEST: 4:29pm On Feb 15
illuminutty:
See how miserable and poor Tinubu has made Nigerians.

I miss Buhari.
Stop ya ignorance now.STOP BLAMING PTINUBU FOR THE WOES OF PAST 8YEARS GOVT of ya buha run away to Niger.
BE REASONABLE,SOMEONE THAT IS LESS THAN ONE YEAR,TRYING TO CLEAR 8YEARS MESS. angry go and bring ya bihari to account if you dey wise.
IMF ASKED BUHA TO REMOVE SUBSIDY TO PAY LOANS HE COLLECTED,
TNUBU IS JUST FOLLOWING AGREEMT BUHA REACHED WITH IMF.

NAIJA FOREIGN RESERVE IS IN RED LEFT BY BUHA,SO HOW CAN NAIRA DO WELL IN FX?

ALL THE DOLLARS LOANS BUHA USE OUR OIL TO BORROW,HE DIDNT BUILD REFINERY,
HE DIDNT PROVIDE STABLE ELECTRICITY

SO WHERE ALL THE DOLLARS GO?

UNA NO DEY ASK QUESTION FROM BUHA WEY WAN RUN TO HIDE IN NIGER AT ALL?
GHANA ECONOMY HAS CRASHED,YET
GHANAIANS ASK THIER GOVT MORE INTELLIGENT QUESTIONS THAN NAIJA PPL,TO SOLVE TGEIR PROBLEMS.

NAIJA UNA TOO DEY IGNORANT. undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by sam1990(m): 4:29pm On Feb 15
Hmmmmmm nigerians can complain.you see cheap rice,you're saying it's looks somehow.

2 Likes

Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by Promise47(m): 4:30pm On Feb 15
We are suffering in the south South oh Delta state to be preside Warri nawahoo Mr Tinubu do something
simonlee:
So, considering the rate at which the price of foodstuffs keep increasing by the day, I decided to buy enough rice to last a while.
I went to a local market here in Southern Kaduna (where I work) to get my rice. These local markets are open only once a week, with traders and buyers from far and wide coming to make the most of it.
I was able to get local, clean rice at the rate of N1,500 per mudu (our unit of measurement here grin). I bought 15 mudus, that's N22,500 and got 1 extra mudu free after scoping the mama to the best of my ability.
I think it was a good purchase considering how our brothers in the south are lamenting the cost of food over there.
What's the situation in your area?

2 Likes

Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by Raylight2(m): 4:32pm On Feb 15
eliyke:
sad d color of d rice looks somehow,abi na ur camera?
It can pass the throat into the stomach and satisfy the man. That's all that matters now 😁😁

4 Likes

Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by cjudy(m): 4:32pm On Feb 15
Imagine the kind of rice people eat
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by Konquest: 4:32pm On Feb 15
simonlee:
So, considering the rate at which the price of foodstuffs keep increasing by the day, I decided to buy enough rice to last a while.
I went to a local market here in Southern Kaduna (where I work) to get my rice. These local markets are open only once a week, with traders and buyers from far and wide coming to make the most of it.

I was able to get local, clean rice at the rate of N1,500 per mudu (our unit of measurement here grin). I bought 15 mudus, that's N22,500 and got 1 extra mudu free after scoping the mama to the best of my ability.
I think it was a good purchase considering how our brothers in the south are lamenting the cost of food over there.
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by hansomb: 4:33pm On Feb 15
raphretle:

8 cups make up 1 mudu
in core north it's 16 cups. There's a bigger mudu here

1 Like

Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by OllaMeeDeey: 4:35pm On Feb 15
This is cool considerin the fact that the price of rice is currently outrageous. You fit chop stone sha

Meanwhile, visit XPM Exchange to buy/sell your coins, swap giftcards and e-wallet funds for Naira at the best rates only on XPM Exchange. [LINK IN SIGNATURE]

NOT AN ADVERT
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by ggood: 4:35pm On Feb 15
simonlee:
Nigeria is finish I use to buy 1 mudu at the rate 250 in tundun Gwandara in 2019
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by Allisgud: 4:35pm On Feb 15
raphretle:

8 cups make up 1 mudu
8 cups of milk tin or derica
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by MrRemedyAlagbo(m): 4:36pm On Feb 15
Jennyclay:
It’s a good deal.

I know this rice, it’s nice but it has some little stones/sand in it. If you want to prepare it, first of all parboil the rice, then you wash and filter it properly (like 6 times).

make sure the starch and stones are out totally. Excessive eating of rice mixed with stone could result to appendix, that’s why I don’t like these local rice undecided.
you have appendix in your body already, what's that going to cause is appendicitis, inflammation of the appendix

4 Likes

Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by Israel07: 4:36pm On Feb 15
Just take a good look at the rice man, this is not a good deal in anyway or form. The rice will cost ur hours to carefully select to remove the stones and chaff completely cos this farmers don't have the capacity to buy the machinery to get the job done and the government is doing nothing to support them. Now even if they have the machinery, how will they power it? Can they afford diesel? If they go through the trouble of following all the processes to get a good finished product the price will be higher than that of imported rice, that's the problem with local production. They don't have basic amenities for their production hence the substandard products everywhere. This rice at this state is far from a finished product and consuming such put ur health and that of your family at risk and I hope you know that basic medical utilities is now almost out of reach?

I dealed on foodstuffs during my service year in Katsina. I did the business for about two years so I know what I'm saying especially when it comes to grains and perishables.
This from a standpoint of a consumer is bad business, remove the chaff and stones using proper machinery, come back here and post what u got after the process.

1 Like

Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by Sportty: 4:36pm On Feb 15
I wish 1 cup can be sent to me I would really appreciate
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by RepoMan007: 4:36pm On Feb 15
hansomb:
16 cups. We call that mudu size tier here. The smaller mudu measure 8 cups.
makes more sense. That's about N100 a cup.

2 Likes

Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by skj1377(m): 4:39pm On Feb 15
Looks like chicken republic is cooking local rice. I ate some stones in the last pack of rice and chicken . Has anyone noticed.

2 Likes

Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by Raj10(m): 4:39pm On Feb 15
RepoMan007:
OP, how many milk cups make one of that "mudu"?
9 cup
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by Maobichek: 4:40pm On Feb 15
simonlee:

"...considering how our brothers in the south are lamenting the cost of food over there."

The above copied part of your thread drew my attention. Kano, Niger, Abuja etc have protested, they are not southern part of Nigeria. I live in FCT and i know the cost of things here.

1 Like

Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by Israel07: 4:44pm On Feb 15
PARADIZEPRIEST:
Stop ya ignorance now.STOP BLAMING PTINUBU FOR THE WOES OF PAST 8YEARS GOVT of ya buha run away to Niger.
BE REASONABLE,SOMEONE THAT IS LESS THAN ONE YEAR,TRYING TO CLEAR 8YEARS MESS. angry go and bring ya bihari to account if you dey wise.
IMF ASKED BUHA TO REMOVE SUBSIDY TO PAY LOANS HE COLLECTED,
TNUBU IS JUST FOLLOWING AGREEMT BUHA REACHED WITH IMF.

NAIJA FOREIGN RESERVE IS IN RED LEFT BY BUHA,SO HOW CAN NAIRA DO WELL IN FX?

ALL THE DOLLARS LOANS BUHA USE OUR OIL TO BORROW,HE DIDNT BUILD REFINERY,
HE DIDNT PROVIDE STABLE ELECTRICITY

SO WHERE ALL THE DOLLARS GO?

UNA NO DEY ASK QUESTION FROM BUHA WEY WAN RUN TO HIDE IN NIGER AT ALL?
GHANA ECONOMY HAS CRASHED,YET
GHANAIANS ASK THIER GOVT MORE INTELLIGENT QUESTIONS THAN NAIJA PPL,TO SOLVE TGEIR PROBLEMS.

NAIJA UNA TOO DEY IGNORANT. undecided

Who brought Buhari? Buhari is not the president so stop the stupid blame game. Did you blame Obasanjo during GEJ tenure? Use ur brain for once if you've any. Was it Buhari that asked Tinubu to carelessly announce subsidy removal on his inauguration day even if it was already in place or to do trial and error policy with the Naira? Who employed the empty head cardoso of CBN? Keep making stupid excuses u hear? How much was rice during Buhari tenure and how much is it now? Going by ur logic, Buhari can as well blame GEJ innit? Bend down and pick up ur brain

1 Like

Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by caesymore(m): 4:47pm On Feb 15
Jennyclay:
it’s not stressful undecided.

BTW it’s for your own health.

Well, that's for those with no other option.
I have been a fan of foreign rice all my life, I never knew people pass through such stress just to eat rice.

2 Likes

Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by ElSudani: 4:47pm On Feb 15
sam1990:
Hmmmmmm nigerians can complain.you see cheap rice,you're saying it's looks somehow.

Don't mind them. The foreign rice they are clamoring for didn't come from the farm clean and ready to be packaged and sold.
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by Entusky(m): 4:47pm On Feb 15
eliyke:
hunger neva hold u
Na why
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by abobote: 4:48pm On Feb 15
Imagine how far Nigerian is going just to get ordinary rice.
Buhari set us back when he closed land border, Nigeria can never recover from that

2 Likes

Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by Exceed15: 4:48pm On Feb 15
Food is now gold in this administration. APC is a mistake that happened to Nigeria.
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by ElSudani: 4:48pm On Feb 15
sam1990:

Don't mind them. The foreign rice they are clamoring for didn't come from the farm already clean and ready to be packaged and sold.
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by PARADIZEPRIEST: 4:49pm On Feb 15
Israel07:

Who brought Buhari? Buhari is not the president so stop the stupid blame game. Did you blame Obasanjo during GEJ tenure? Use ur brain for once if you've any. Was it Buhari that asked Tinubu to carelessly announce subsidy removal on his inauguration day even if it was already in place or to do trial and error policy with the Naira? Who employed the empty head cardoso of CBN? Keep making stupid excuses u hear? How much was rice during Buhari tenure and how much is it now? Going by ur logic, Buhari can as well blame GEJ innit? Bend down and pick up ur brain
Bihari was in power for 8years,not PTinubu.Does it mean if you are a company driver recommended, and you crash the car,is your guarantor the one guilty that crashed the car? ,think,and be sincere to yasef.
Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by adecz: 4:49pm On Feb 15
This is really "LOCAL" rice ....

The stones in this type of rice can
send you on an emergency appointment
with the dentist ❗️❗️❗️

Jagaba do finish us 😭😭😦😭

3 Likes

Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by Chosimba: 4:49pm On Feb 15
eliyke:

You do realise that rice's natural color is brown and it only becomes white after processing?

2 Likes

Re: Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market by Adeiza5995: 4:49pm On Feb 15
In the north there one mudu na like two mudus for abuja
RepoMan007:
OP, how many milk cups make one of that "mudu"?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

13 Most Amazing Nigerian Food Tranformations (photos) / Boy Who Was Captured Eating From The Bin Smiles In New Photo / Guinness World Records Certifies Hilda Baci's Longest Cooking Marathon Record

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.