Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,592 members, 7,823,580 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

Submit Your Phone Everyday Before Resuming To Work - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Submit Your Phone Everyday Before Resuming To Work (26560 Views)

Have You Ever Worked Where You Had To Submit Your Phone Before Resuming / Share Your Experience Physically Going To Submit Your C.v In A Company / Dear N-teach Volunteers, When Are Your Schools Resuming? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Submit Your Phone Everyday Before Resuming To Work by EMYFACES(m): 10:28am On Feb 17
Kimiso:
You secured a job to a company where you have to submit your phone everyday according to their policy there,how much do you think the monthly pay will be for you to be able to consider working in such a company
Is not Abt the pay, some jobs are very sensitive and phones are distraction eg bank teller some security job etc

2 Likes

Re: Submit Your Phone Everyday Before Resuming To Work by Yelight(m): 10:29am On Feb 17
CelestineNelson:
Some people's attachment to their phones is annoying ...
Experiential I have an employee whom we have ceased his phone almost every month with threat, but it seems it has become an unbelievable addiction ... Nobody should increase any salary for asking your employee to concentrate on their jobs, that is like encouraging stupidity

Concentrating on their job and submitting their phones are two different things, other things apart from phone can be sources of distraction too. I'll rather the company discipline erring staff to subjecting them to 21st century slavery.

1 Like

Re: Submit Your Phone Everyday Before Resuming To Work by fred04(m): 10:30am On Feb 17
Baileyz101:
Lol. I worked at outcess solutions. A call center and that was the company policy. Pay was 45k. However, depending on how smart you are or your rapport with the team leads, you could always have your phone on you.
, formerly ccsnl, with those their nonsense QAs believing they have made it in life
Re: Submit Your Phone Everyday Before Resuming To Work by Vinnie2000(m): 10:33am On Feb 17
Yelight:

Concentrating on their job and submitting their phones are two different things, other things apart from phone can be sources of distraction too. I'll rather the company discipline erring staff to subjecting them to 21st century slavery.

Which Slavery

If Sec school students in Nigeria are Forced to leave their Phones at Home for Fear of Distractions

I see no Reason why a Worker won't be able to stay without his or her Phone for 6hours?; undecided smiley
Re: Submit Your Phone Everyday Before Resuming To Work by fred04(m): 10:36am On Feb 17
It depends on the type of job, some roles require 80% to 90% of attention. Although submition of phone during working hours is no directly proportional to your salary.
The problem with Nigerians plenty, if the condition is not ok by you , you reject the role and move on.

2 Likes

Re: Submit Your Phone Everyday Before Resuming To Work by Akemmi(m): 10:37am On Feb 17
Baileyz101:
Lol. I worked at outcess solutions. A call center and that was the company policy. Pay was 45k. However, depending on how smart you are or your rapport with the team leads, you could always have your phone on you.

So you have to mention the name of your former place of work, so that others won't have the same opportunity you used to have
Re: Submit Your Phone Everyday Before Resuming To Work by Dougad: 10:43am On Feb 17
Nnpc workers dey submit phone for gate before entering plant.

People working outside plant can keep their phones though

1 Like

Re: Submit Your Phone Everyday Before Resuming To Work by Cul4real(m): 10:43am On Feb 17
Although the policy is too harsh but at the same time, people are too addicted to their smartphones nowadays that can straight away jeopardise the company.

2 Likes

Re: Submit Your Phone Everyday Before Resuming To Work by Beautifulday: 10:44am On Feb 17
G00dharddick:
Which kind mumu policy be this

Make una try dey get work for serious companies abeg
Re: Submit Your Phone Everyday Before Resuming To Work by MimiSheWrote(f): 10:44am On Feb 17
23jerryking:
I worked at Matho Crystal Hotel, Ozoro, Delta State that year. That was the stupid policy and pay was just 30k. I get 29,600 because of taxation. Very nonsense stuff. I had to quit.
Taxation? By who?

3 Likes

Re: Submit Your Phone Everyday Before Resuming To Work by Beautifulday: 10:45am On Feb 17
Akemmi:

So you have to mention the name of your former place of work, so that others won't have the same opportunity you used to have

How will that stop anyone from going to work there?
Re: Submit Your Phone Everyday Before Resuming To Work by mukthar2000(m): 10:45am On Feb 17
Don't even have interest to know how much about the salary package becos use company are future killer depriving worker from any other connection and information to better their life, that to runed the workers life and dump them after may years without any reasonable gratuities.

1 Like

Re: Submit Your Phone Everyday Before Resuming To Work by Sheuns(m): 10:48am On Feb 17
All bank tellers don’t use phones until either they’re on break or closed.

1 Like

Re: Submit Your Phone Everyday Before Resuming To Work by dontrulee: 10:48am On Feb 17
My phone, you can't take away from me.
For I trade even in the presence and the front of my consultants when I was a junior doctor. My phone is my life and I press it however and whenever I want. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Submit Your Phone Everyday Before Resuming To Work by Chinks(m): 10:52am On Feb 17
Submission of phones during working hours isn't a big deal. It's for workers to have full concentration. For someone like me who works on a laptop throughout the day with 247 internet connection, I don't even need my phone since WhatsApp is installed.

1 Like

Re: Submit Your Phone Everyday Before Resuming To Work by ToyozzieTohSwt: 10:59am On Feb 17
Kimiso:
You secured a job to a company where you have to submit your phone everyday according to their policy there,how much do you think the monthly pay will be for you to be able to consider working in such a company

Your pay also depends on what role you have in the company.

Anyways, I buy/sell coins, swap giftcards and e-wallet funds to Naira at the best rates only on XPM Exchange. LINK IN SIGNATURE to begin

That's all
Re: Submit Your Phone Everyday Before Resuming To Work by abobote: 11:02am On Feb 17
I worked in a company like that for 8 years.
No big deal about it, if you are cooperating with the security, they can give you access at times

1 Like

Re: Submit Your Phone Everyday Before Resuming To Work by binary01: 11:06am On Feb 17
Policy is policy no one is forcing you to accept those terms and there is nothing wrong with such.
Re: Submit Your Phone Everyday Before Resuming To Work by femi4: 11:11am On Feb 17
Kimiso:
It's not about money, it's their policy. It's either you comply or bow out.
Respect is an asset, value it.
You cannot be a rebel and still give your best
Re: Submit Your Phone Everyday Before Resuming To Work by odutolu1(m): 11:20am On Feb 17
CelestineNelson:
Some people's attachment to their phones is annoying ...
Experiential I have an employee whom we have ceased his phone almost every month with threat, but it seems it has become an unbelievable addiction ... Nobody should increase any salary for asking your employee to concentrate on their jobs, that is like encouraging stupidity

You're stupid sir
Re: Submit Your Phone Everyday Before Resuming To Work by Originalsly: 11:20am On Feb 17
labake1:

There was a company like that I almost worked for, you have to submit your bag along with your phone to the receptionist before entering your office. The salary doesn't worth it,i no resume the next day

Did you leave the job because of the bag and phone policy?.... or because of the low salary? Just curious ... didn't you know of the salary before you started the job?

@ topic ... if having access and using. your phone while working is that important then salary shouldn't matter.
Re: Submit Your Phone Everyday Before Resuming To Work by SweetDipBenny(m): 11:22am On Feb 17
Kimiso:
Will they have computer with fast Internet connection?
Re: Submit Your Phone Everyday Before Resuming To Work by MobilityMFR(m): 11:23am On Feb 17
Kimiso:

It's actually priceless, but you don't blame some employers for coming up with such draconian policies. Some employees tend told 'breathe' through their phones - incessant chatting and punching of keypads when they should be working. If one should put oneself in the shoes of the employer, one could adopt a stiffer measure to ensure value for money.
Re: Submit Your Phone Everyday Before Resuming To Work by charlizonto: 11:27am On Feb 17
Only if you're smart enough to bring two phones (one dead,the other alive) Drop the dead one with the security or whoever....hide the other one away from them,then use it smartly while at work away from prying eyes but don't get caught grin

1 Like

Re: Submit Your Phone Everyday Before Resuming To Work by greggng: 11:30am On Feb 17
Kimiso:

There is no relationship btw submitting your phone and your pay package . I have worked in such establishment . They are doing that to protect there business . When I worked with baba ijebu ...they will search and ask us to drop our phones . In the past someone made them.pay darely by ...he sent out the winning number to a particular agent and the agent use it to defraud the company...The time I joined the company they were trying to migrate from paper to computer base ...

Your pay package is a function of your qualification and skill ...is also depends on your ability to bargain . If you don't like the condition move on.

3 Likes

Re: Submit Your Phone Everyday Before Resuming To Work by aliscomonaj: 11:36am On Feb 17
If the pay is millions i will work there
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggarrrr

Hell no
I repeat hell no

The funny thing is in this ere if such policies should be then they won't see any one to work even if the pay is millions
Re: Submit Your Phone Everyday Before Resuming To Work by faceland: 11:36am On Feb 17
It is difficult.

It better not me beyond 6 hours or we are allowed to have a private laptop that is connected to the internet.

Nothing less than 300k or it's not worth it
Can come out from work not knowing their is riot in town (fall into trap).
Re: Submit Your Phone Everyday Before Resuming To Work by idrade49(m): 11:38am On Feb 17
Baileyz101:

I have worked here before.. you have to submit your phone and bags ontop 45k.
Re: Submit Your Phone Everyday Before Resuming To Work by faceland: 11:40am On Feb 17
Even work requires networking with co workers or the boss.
Re: Submit Your Phone Everyday Before Resuming To Work by faceland: 11:43am On Feb 17
duduade:
What if an emergency call comes through

I don't think I will be able to trade my freedom for any money. Make them keep them more money

Anyone that works there for one month must be socially isolated because everyone would just figure out that they are unreachable during the most productive part of the day.
Re: Submit Your Phone Everyday Before Resuming To Work by faceland: 11:48am On Feb 17
Tradepunter2:
This policy applies to mainly security agencies such as NSA, DSS and MOD..... I find it interesting it's been used in normal working environment..

They all have their phone. It us the visitors that drop out phones at the gate.

1 Like

Re: Submit Your Phone Everyday Before Resuming To Work by stanliwise(m): 11:53am On Feb 17
Ekakamba:
It's thier policy! You sign up or let it go.
when we forget that there is workers protection law in the lawless country. We all begin to think

company policy = God policy

So I don’t blame you for making this comment

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? / CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC / Federal Ministry Of Water Resources Port Harcourt Recruitment (Apply Now)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.