Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,730 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:13 PM

Work From Home Wahala - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Work From Home Wahala (19400 Views)

Common Lies About Working From Home As A Nigerian / Why Working From Home As A New Mom, Is A Win-win / 5 Career Path You Can Easily Gain Valuable Experience From Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Work From Home Wahala by PastorOlokonla: 9:06pm On Feb 16
I am sick and tired of working from home. My social life is dying. I never get to drive my car or wear my new clother. Which kain whala be this.

I don miss social life and office romance tire.

27 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Work From Home Wahala by blackpanthar: 9:16pm On Feb 16
PastorOlokonla:
I am sick and tired of working from home. My social life is dying. I never get to drive my car or wear my new clother. Which kain whala be this.

Yeye dey smell
ARE YOU A PASTOR OR AN IMPOSTER... because you should visit places if you want to be SEEN

even if you are not a pastor.... THERE ARE MANY FUN THINGS TO DO

on instagram if you follow BOREDINLAGOS... you would see lots of things to do...
on instagram EVENTSINLAGOS too has lots of events to showcase...

GIGHOUSEAFRICA too is where you can connect with great minds

THERE ARE CLUBS AND BARS since you work remote like me, you should be earning enough to go there and CHILL

you don't need to be BORED, just ask the right questions

79 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Work From Home Wahala by PastorOlokonla: 9:24pm On Feb 16
blackpanthar:

Yeye dey smell
ARE YOU A PASTOR OR AN IMPOSTER... because you should visit places if you want to be SEEN

even if you are not a pastor.... THERE ARE MANY FUN THINGS TO DO

on instagram if you follow BOREDINLAGOS... you would see lots of things to do...
on instagram EVENTSINLAGOS too has lots of events to showcase...

GIGHOUSEAFRICA too is where you can connect with great minds

THERE ARE CLUBS AND BARS since you work remote like me, you should be earning enough to go there and CHILL

you don't need to be BORED, just ask the right questions

I want to go out to a regular office. Working at home for the past 3 years. I am always at home.
My suits and shoes just dey there. I don't drive my car as well. It just parks there.
Even all those fine office girl, i nor see anyone play with again.

Work from home na bastard walahi!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Work From Home Wahala by jesmond3945: 11:42pm On Feb 16
PastorOlokonla:

I want to go out to a regular office. Working at home for the past 3 years. I am always at home.
My suits and shoes just dey there. I don't drive my car as well. It just parks there.

why not rent an office and get to go out. Even if you are working remotely you can work from an actual office. You can even hire staff. Work from home that long will damage your mental health and physical too.

101 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Work From Home Wahala by Eddie2024: 1:21am On Feb 17
PastorOlokonla:

I can relate.... Same wahala am having, It was fun at first but now it's giving lonely vibe😩😩😩

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Work From Home Wahala by PastorOlokonla: 1:24am On Feb 17
Eddie2024:
I can relate.... Same wahala am having, It was fun at first but now it's giving lonely vibe😩😩😩

Its no more fun for me I swear. I cant remember when last I dressed in my good clothes or wear any of my shoes. Boredom wan kill me. I need to get an office and hire all those god-fearing ladies with short micro-miniskirts ASAP!

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Work From Home Wahala by Eddie2024: 1:39am On Feb 17
PastorOlokonla:

Its no more fun for me I swear. I cant remember when last I dressed in my good clothes or wear any of my shoes. Boredom wan kill me. I need to get an office and hire all those god-fearing ladies with short micro-miniskirts ASAP!
😃😄

1 Like

Re: Work From Home Wahala by We4all: 8:28pm On Feb 17
Attention seeker. If you are bored, then go and hire an office space except it's Yahoo you are into and wouldn't want people to know about.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Work From Home Wahala by ennon92(m): 8:46pm On Feb 17
grin

Crazy ppl full this world sha.. Opportunity most ppl are looking for is what you are whining about...I understand working from home has its own cons but not to the extent you are making it to look. Mine is hybrid, been working from home for the past few weeks, I'm enjoying it this way... Transport fare wan cut person neck.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Work From Home Wahala by PastorOlokonla: 10:56pm On Feb 17
ennon92:
grin

Crazy ppl full this world sha.. Opportunity most ppl are looking for is what you are whining about...I understand working from home has its own cons but not to the extent you are making it to look. Mine is hybrid, been working from home for the past few weeks, I'm enjoying it this way... Transport fare wan cut person neck.

I really want to buy fuel and drive to work. Two years 100% work from home no be play. Now, I cannot even sneak around anymore and everyone knows my schedule. I am really tired.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Work From Home Wahala by ennon92(m): 10:33am On Feb 18
PastorOlokonla:

I really want to buy fuel and drive to work. Two years 100% work from home no be play. Now, I cannot even sneak around anymore and everyone knows my schedule. I am really tired.
Why don't you have some time out in the evenings or during the weekends...I guess you ain't in a relationship, if not, you won't see this as a major issue. She will literally move you out of your shell.

14 Likes

Re: Work From Home Wahala by ecolime(m): 12:57pm On Feb 18
Long term Work-From-Home WFH can even cause depression in extreme cases especially for singles.

If you are married with kids, it's great but you have to be intentional about mixing up with real people.

You do school runs in the morning, work quietly when the kids are in school.

Take 30 mins to 1 hour break at midday to exercise, stroll or do brisk walking. Have gym buddies.

Pick them your kids up at 3pm, chit-chat with them then go back to clear up your work till your wife returns home.

Evening, hang out with your hommies or go for church programmes since you are a Pastor.

Don't stay indoor 247. E fit run you mental.

41 Likes

Re: Work From Home Wahala by Duelee: 1:03pm On Feb 27
It's better you lose the job than to be lost in the job.

3 Likes

Re: Work From Home Wahala by Ejehhhh: 1:04pm On Feb 27
At least you even get work na

3 Likes

Re: Work From Home Wahala by AntiChristian: 1:05pm On Feb 27
To hell with social life if I can manage my bills and Pray to my Lord as needed!

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Work From Home Wahala by vincenteger: 1:05pm On Feb 27
This is what happens when you feel have it all

Nothing else matters
This life no balance

Pls where is location
You can always come around to the office at least twice in a week
Stay for 2hrs or so

3 Likes

Re: Work From Home Wahala by Helpfromabove1(m): 1:05pm On Feb 27
I agree work from home can affect one’s mental health
Just one month leave and I can’t wait to get back to work, I have learnt to always break my leave

Nigerian are wired into the drama world and that what makes us go on

U see many that japa complaining of boredom even in wealth , it’s because as a Naija born we are not the stay indoor human

9 Likes

Re: Work From Home Wahala by sofeo(m): 1:05pm On Feb 27
See complain.

Bro be thankful, that's the kind of life I'm looking forward to soon, by the grace of God.

All you need to do is spice things up, and you will realize life is beautiful.

We become what we think remember, imagine greater things for yourself and family and spice your life up. That's all you need.

Should you try the other life, (going to office) then you will understand better the privilege you have.

6 Likes

Re: Work From Home Wahala by WhiteWood: 1:05pm On Feb 27
I completely understand what you mean --- In my first two years of working from home, I experienced challenges that nearly drove me Nuts. I became isolated, rarely venturing out to visit others or allowing visitors into my space. I withdrew from social gatherings, no longer attending parties or hosting any of my own. Overwhelmed and exhausted most of the time.. Eventually, I came across a poster that bore the simple message: "Life is about sacrifices." It was a moment of realization for me.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Work From Home Wahala by inoki247: 1:05pm On Feb 27
Lol human being are just insatiable...

15 Likes

Re: Work From Home Wahala by Sirchiboy: 1:05pm On Feb 27
PastorOlokonla:

Which car do you drive?
Re: Work From Home Wahala by bassdow: 1:06pm On Feb 27
l
[quote author=bassdow post=128672022][/quote]
Re: Work From Home Wahala by nnenixt: 1:06pm On Feb 27
u knw sabi wetin God dn do for you. i dy find work from home, u won leave am.

7 Likes

Re: Work From Home Wahala by sahab2325: 1:06pm On Feb 27
PastorOlokonla:

Pls connect me o, I need a work from home.

1 Like

Re: Work From Home Wahala by bassdow: 1:07pm On Feb 27
PastorOlokonla:

why not Rent an Office space, then work from your Office

4 Likes

Re: Work From Home Wahala by wisestman(m): 1:07pm On Feb 27
I suspect your remote job is online customer service where u wear headphones. If not, guy carry your laptop and choose any bar or lounge to work. Just buy soda or bottle water and be sipping while you work. Imagine opportunity people like me are looking for.

10 Likes

Re: Work From Home Wahala by bassdow: 1:08pm On Feb 27
PastorOlokonla:

e get people wey go deny dem family heritage to get wetin you get now.

Most times, working from Home is more favourable to introVerts.

4 Likes

Re: Work From Home Wahala by Anashe: 1:08pm On Feb 27
I don't know how this made it to the front page. Attention seeking is a clear mental health issue.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Work From Home Wahala by SQLmastar(m): 1:08pm On Feb 27
PastorOlokonla:

The solution to this is simple.
1. Invite your office crush over to your house. There you both can work from home together.
2. Take your crush to her/his home in your car.
3. Wear your new clothes when working from home.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Are Online Professional Courses Recognised By Prospective Employers? / What Are The Career Options For A Lawyer Migrating From Nigeria To Canada? / Nigerian Civil Service Rules

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.