Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,247 members, 7,829,455 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

Work From Home Wahala - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Work From Home Wahala (19473 Views)

Common Lies About Working From Home As A Nigerian / Why Working From Home As A New Mom, Is A Win-win / 5 Career Path You Can Easily Gain Valuable Experience From Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Work From Home Wahala by Hectroy(m): 4:31pm On Feb 27
Please can you help I really want to work remotely as well.
ennon92:
grin

Crazy ppl full this world sha.. Opportunity most ppl are looking for is what you are whining about...I understand working from home has its own cons but not to the extent you are making it to look. Mine is hybrid, been working from home for the past few weeks, I'm enjoying it this way... Transport fare wan cut person neck.

1 Like

Re: Work From Home Wahala by Draggun(m): 4:32pm On Feb 27
Smoke some loud and you will be alright.

1 Like

Re: Work From Home Wahala by Meerahbel: 4:47pm On Feb 27
Watinhapen:
I understand where you’re coming from because I have been working from home for the past 4 years too. It can get very boring. I’m married and my wife goes to work. I have a car but hardly drives it unless I want to go buy something. Now, I’m considering renting an office space just to go out of the house daily. I have someone working for me remotely but I’m considering hiring someone to work in-office. I know all these will be more expenses but I will do them just to go out daily.

I will also suggest that freelancers and people that work from home should have like a Facebook or WhatsApp group to chitchat and make friends. That will also help. If you’re in PH we can be friends.
Great Idea, I am in. Share the link.Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Work From Home Wahala by Meerahbel: 4:50pm On Feb 27
HopeAlive16:

Pastor O, do you need an assistant while you take a break. I'm open to any remote offer in Account or Admin operations, I'm also a fast learner. Hire me anyone embarassed
Our client, the Corner, is recruiting to fill the position below:

Job Title: Part-Time Junior Accountant

Employment Type: Part-time

Job Description

We are looking for a detail-oriented junior accountant to join our restaurant/lounge team.
In this role, you will support our accounting operations by managing day-to-day transactions, preparing financial statements, and assisting with monthly closings.
Responsibilities

Process daily financial transactions including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and expense reports.
Reconcile accounts and identify any discrepancies
Prepare monthly financial statements and other reports for management
Assist with month-end close process including reconciliations and journal entries.
Monitor cash flow and maintain accurate records of income and expenses.
Other accounting and finance duties as assigned.
Requirements

Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
1 - 2 years of accounting experience, restaurant accounting experience a plus
Proficiency with accounting software like QuickBooks
Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Application Closing Date
29th February, 2024.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: thehrhive@gmail.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.

Note: This is now a part time role
Re: Work From Home Wahala by sihamey: 5:01pm On Feb 27
Remote work does not mean you should always work from your house,
You can work from a recreational park
You can work from Nomad office space where your follow remote worker come to work then mingle with then
you can work from anywhere
You can even travel to other countries that has Nomad Village
I work remotely based in PH currently visited Lagos to stay some weeks and go back, only work from home can you give that advantage

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Work From Home Wahala by nwetadinobi042(m): 5:16pm On Feb 27
I wish to be like you please. I need to be working from home. I am tired of going out each day just to work myself out. Can you put me through on how you got to working from home.
PastorOlokonla:
I am sick and tired of working from home. My social life is dying. I never get to drive my car or wear my new clother. Which kain whala be this.

I don miss social life and office romance tire.
Re: Work From Home Wahala by Chibabe005(f): 5:16pm On Feb 27
PastorOlokonla:
I am sick and tired of working from home. My social life is dying. I never get to drive my car or wear my new clother. Which kain whala be this.

Re: Work From Home Wahala by greypencils: 5:44pm On Feb 27
PastorOlokonla:

You 100% get my point. The next one year I will be done working from home and move on 100% to my own company with staff.
I am fully domesticated and wifey once asked if there is food to eat once whe she got back from work.
The kain bad eye wey I loom am enh.
I get you 100% o. I done suffer no be small. To my wife, it's as good as you are unemployed. The only difference is money comes in monthly. As I am typing this, my wife done text me say if I am chanced, make I help her pick beans. Even if you are glued to your laptop morning till night, her own na say as long as you dey house, you are free to do chores.
Re: Work From Home Wahala by Respect11(m): 5:47pm On Feb 27
I see what you are looking for

1 Like

Re: Work From Home Wahala by PastorOlokonla: 6:00pm On Feb 27
greypencils:
I get you 100% o. I done suffer no be small. To my wife, it's as good as you are unemployed. The only difference is money comes in monthly. As I am typing this, my wife done text me say if I am chanced, make I help her pick beans. Even if you are glued to your laptop morning till night, her own na say as long as you dey house, you are free to do chores.

You are living my life brotherly. I had to convince my wife that I am working even though I pay all the bills 100% hahahahha.
Re: Work From Home Wahala by aminauiade: 6:06pm On Feb 27
Good day, please I don't know how to reach you, but if you can read my text kindly take as a matter of importance. I need a Job and have M.Sc. in Food Science. Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

PastorOlokonla:

You 100% get my point. The next one year I will be done working from home and move on 100% to my own company with staff.
I am fully domesticated and wifey once asked if there is food to eat once whe she got back from work.
The kain bad eye wey I loom am enh.
Re: Work From Home Wahala by dankorode(m): 6:08pm On Feb 27
bassdow:

exactly! if a person like me have the skill to work from home, trust me I have nothing to complain about
Re: Work From Home Wahala by greypencils: 6:10pm On Feb 27
PastorOlokonla:

You are living my life brotherly. I had to convince my wife that I am working even though I pay all the bills 100% hahahahha.
100% o. You are paying 100% bills and still domesticated at the same time. It takes a high level of toxicity to work from home and not to do at least one or two chores compulsorily. If you give her chance she go push everything for your head. If I was single, I go mingle na, visit friends and shit. I would have countless sleepovers at both male and female friends. No wahala. Being married, your itinerary dey your woman hand. Where you want go? If you dey go work everyday, you fit dey miss till 10pm. Working from home, where you dey go? How many places? And keep late nights? Kai

1 Like

Re: Work From Home Wahala by MacMkboy(m): 6:11pm On Feb 27
Watinhapen:
I understand where you’re coming from because I have been working from home for the past 4 years too. It can get very boring. I’m married and my wife goes to work. I have a car but hardly drives it unless I want to go buy something. Now, I’m considering renting an office space just to go out of the house daily. I have someone working for me remotely but I’m considering hiring someone to work in-office. I know all these will be more expenses but I will do them just to go out daily.

I will also suggest that freelancers and people that work from home should have like a Facebook or WhatsApp group to chitchat and make friends. That will also help. If you’re in PH we can be friends.

I'm in PH.
Re: Work From Home Wahala by javascript1901: 6:12pm On Feb 27
PastorOlokonla:

Its no more fun for me I swear. I cant remember when last I dressed in my good clothes or wear any of my shoes. Boredom wan kill me. I need to get an office and hire all those god-fearing ladies with short micro-miniskirts ASAP!
cheesy grin cheesy grin grin
Are you not married?
Re: Work From Home Wahala by Shomek(m): 6:16pm On Feb 27
PastorOlokonla:

you are ungrateful
Re: Work From Home Wahala by DaHighLife: 6:18pm On Feb 27
PastorOlokonla:

You are not wrong.
I cherished the ability to pick my kids up from school and spend more time with them. However, I also found joy in returning to the office at least half the time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Work From Home Wahala by PastorOlokonla: 6:30pm On Feb 27
DaHighLife:

You are not wrong.
I cherished the ability to pick my kids up from school and spend more time with them. However, I also found joy in returning to the office at least half the time.

Most times now when going out my kids will ask " Daddy where are you going" hahahah. I am now under 24hrs surveillance because of WFH.
Re: Work From Home Wahala by PastorOlokonla: 6:32pm On Feb 27
Shomek:

you are ungrateful

Ungrateful for what?
Re: Work From Home Wahala by DaHighLife: 7:29pm On Feb 27
PastorOlokonla:

Most times now when going out my kids will ask " Daddy where are you going" hahahah. I am now under 24hrs surveillance because of WFO.

Ha!
Good thing my workspace is situated in a manner where I can freely come and go without anyone's awareness.
My wife and children also respect that boundary when the door is closed, at least from 9 to 6, most of the time. smiley
I love the family, but I don't think we're meant to see our partners all day, every day. wink

Also try to spend some time with your friends outside the house. I had a conversation with my wife early on about the importance of spending some time outside the house, and she understood, and vice versa.

3 Likes

Re: Work From Home Wahala by PastorOlokonla: 7:41pm On Feb 27
javascript1901:
cheesy grin cheesy grin grin
Are you not married?

You wan marry me make we share offerings. hahahah
Re: Work From Home Wahala by Nefort: 7:55pm On Feb 27
PastorOlokonla:

Its no more fun for me I swear. I cant remember when last I dressed in my good clothes or wear any of my shoes. Boredom wan kill me. I need to get an office and hire all those god-fearing ladies with short micro-miniskirts ASAP!
Do you have a girlfriend?
Re: Work From Home Wahala by IamHonourable1: 8:12pm On Feb 27
PastorOlokonla:

I want to go out to a regular office. Working at home for the past 3 years. I am always at home.
My suits and shoes just dey there. I don't drive my car as well. It just parks there.
Even all those fine office girl, i nor see anyone play with again.

Work from home na bastard walahi!

You just want to show off that you work from home,if not,why did you leave office work when you know it's your preferred.
Re: Work From Home Wahala by AbyBest(m): 8:19pm On Feb 27
Omor....... You share some of your work loads to others, so has to have free space for yourself now
Re: Work From Home Wahala by PastorOlokonla: 8:32pm On Feb 27
Nefort:

Do you have a girlfriend?

I am a pastor and not allowed to have a girlfriend.
Re: Work From Home Wahala by Xplicit1(f): 10:07pm On Feb 27
PastorOlokonla:

Na wa. "One man's meat..."
Don't u go to church? U can b wearing ur clothes and shoes to church na. Attend Sunday service and weekly service. If there is program in church attend. With this u'll meet people, drive ur car and wear ur new clothes.

My 2 cent.

1 Like

Re: Work From Home Wahala by Diana141: 10:28pm On Feb 27
Please what work do you do... please help 🙏

exegesis:
Lol. You must be an extrovert. I've been working from home for five years now and I love it. Yeah, people call me anti-social ail but I don't care. They're not paying my bills. I make excuses whenever people want to visit or vice versa. Yep, it gets lonely sometimes but I enjoy my own company. Luckily, my husband works in another state and my kids are in boarding schools. The only time you see people in my house is if my husband is around or my gym days. We set up a gym in the house for us and our family friends for me to keep fit. I can stay a month at home without stepping out of my house. I order everything and it's brought to the house. My family friends always say I don't belong in Nigeria because I behave like white people. Lol. I actually thought there was something wrong with me because I count the days until my kids and husband will leave so I'd be alone. Took a psychological evaluation and they say I'm okay. I'm what they call a solitudinarian and I'm okay with it. To each their own, I guess.
Re: Work From Home Wahala by Diana141: 10:29pm On Feb 27
Please what work do you do... please help🙏

dheolexaone:
Every job has it's pros and cons.
It depends solely on how you yourself mingle and handle your social life.
I have been working from home for the past 5 years now and right now I can say it's the best for this current economic meltdown.
Just ensure to mingle with your genuine friends and family to rock and roll. Visit families and friends and work in their house too grin
Go to bars at night to just give your eyes some food to be lively and ease work stress.
Go to church on Sundays and don't stay indoors all day.
Just mingle. That is the way to come out of work from home boredom.
Re: Work From Home Wahala by Diana141: 10:31pm On Feb 27
Please what work do you do... please help 🙏

greypencils:
Been working from home for more than two years now. I swear it fukcks with your brain. The only plus is me getting to raise my kids myself and spend the most time with them. Otherwise, it's boring as hell. Evening strolls and weekend Jaye doesn't compare to working with one beautiful girl across the room. I like me some office sexual tension just like the OP. It's not like you are going to capitalise on it but let it just be there. It gives you an edge. Working from home will make you fully domesticated. Doing dishes? That's my thing now. You got too much time on your hands to not do the dishes.
Re: Work From Home Wahala by Evidenx(m): 12:24am On Feb 28
PastorOlokonla:

I worked the same company for 4 years before I opted to work from home.
play that's good.
Re: Work From Home Wahala by Theweekend: 2:45am On Feb 28
ennon92:
grin

Crazy ppl full this world sha.. Opportunity most ppl are looking for is what you are whining about...I understand working from home has its own cons but not to the extent you are making it to look. Mine is hybrid, been working from home for the past few weeks, I'm enjoying it this way... Transport fare wan cut person neck.
abeg bros no vex na which remote work be that care to know
Re: Work From Home Wahala by Goldbw122(m): 7:39am On Feb 28
PastorOlokonla:

Find time to go out, yeah that is what hangout means.. so that will be your social lifestyle.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Should I Migrate To Canada Or Continue With My Job? / 10 Funny Reasons Why We All Hate Nigerian Tailors / Tesla Sued Over Racial Discrimination In The Workplace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.