Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,223 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

Judge Orders Trump To Pay $364 Million, Strips Business Licenses - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Judge Orders Trump To Pay $364 Million, Strips Business Licenses (24019 Views)

Iraq Court Orders Trump Arrest Over Drone Strike On Iran General / Judge Orders Trump To Take Back Fired Journalist / Court Orders Trump To Unblock Critics On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Judge Orders Trump To Pay $364 Million, Strips Business Licenses by Obrigardo: 4:41pm On Feb 17
I just heard the Gofundme scam by grant cardone for Criminal trump has been taken down grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Judge Orders Trump To Pay $364 Million, Strips Business Licenses by Obrigardo: 4:49pm On Feb 17
When we say maga cultists are the dumbest people on earth, it is a feature not a bug. It is a fact, not an insult.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Judge Orders Trump To Pay $364 Million, Strips Business Licenses by Obrigardo: 4:58pm On Feb 17
We are still in February and the Presidential campaigns haven't gotten that heated to the extreme level, yet.
Imagine Democrats blasting this message all through the airwaves three months to the election, and some dumb maga idiots think criminal trump will somehow magically become president again.

We still have more criminal trials of criminal trump coming up.

1 Like

Re: Judge Orders Trump To Pay $364 Million, Strips Business Licenses by DaHighLife: 5:17pm On Feb 17
dinachi:

Infact, Trump can even seek justice on the basis of mistrial. You can see that this is a very punitive judgement. Evil people who do not know how else to stop him from winning the elections are deploying everything in their arsenal to destroy him because they know what will happen when he wins. As for appeal, yes, he can and will appeal. All those jargon about paying a hefty bond of 540 mil before he can appeal is nonsense. If doesn't happen anywhere in the world. The whole idea is to damage his image.

You don scatter my head with all this talk. That's not how US courts dey work.
The strength of the US na their court system.
The court system dey interesting, man.
Make you try read about am. E fit change your mind when you sabi more.
Re: Judge Orders Trump To Pay $364 Million, Strips Business Licenses by Goodcitizen1: 5:26pm On Feb 17
Trump na yahoo boy. He is so fraudulent in everything he does! Just bad behavior… criminality, bankruptcy, racism, rape, sexual harassment.., everything bad

1 Like

Re: Judge Orders Trump To Pay $364 Million, Strips Business Licenses by 1stGenAmerican(f): 5:27pm On Feb 17
dinachi:

Shut up! Where in the world do you execute when the case have not run it's full course to the Supreme Court. New York is not a country. It's a state. Trump can appeal to the Supreme Court and stop this nonsense.

You just let us know that you don’t even know how the appeals process works. If people had the power to appeal everything to the Supreme Court, do you realize that the docket would be backed up 75-100 years rather than 5-10? No, you don’t and you’ve already demonstrated that.
Re: Judge Orders Trump To Pay $364 Million, Strips Business Licenses by 1stGenAmerican(f): 5:30pm On Feb 17
Beverlyjean:

Stop fooling urself... Trump is the next president of usa in 9 months time ...u will be disgraced and u will run like a rat to hide

Another one. 9 months? A candidate does not become president until he/she is sworn in January of the following year. Don’t worry, I’ll come back and mention you when the election results announce him as the loser again.
Re: Judge Orders Trump To Pay $364 Million, Strips Business Licenses by 1stGenAmerican(f): 5:32pm On Feb 17
N2B2:

Dey play! Do you think Trump won't cough out money? At best, his supporters will pay his fines, and at worst, he'll liquidate property to do it himself. But not even his Republican Supreme Court is getting him out of this one.

They’re barely donating money to his campaign and you think they’ll give him over $500 million? You’re funny. His criminal case is about to start, MAGATs don’t have enough money to make a drop in the bucket.
Re: Judge Orders Trump To Pay $364 Million, Strips Business Licenses by Originalsly: 5:33pm On Feb 17
ogmask:

Get some education dude. She campaigned with trumps name on her lips 247. Trump will win James will go to jail.

This is 2024. It seems lime you need to be updated.
Re: Judge Orders Trump To Pay $364 Million, Strips Business Licenses by 1stGenAmerican(f): 5:35pm On Feb 17
GodisStriking:

Corporations have insurance that covers lawsuits and fines in case they occur. Donald Trump will not lose any of his vast capital which is worth trillions in Nigerian currency. Donald Trump is probably richer than any person on the continent of Africa with exception of the Sultan of Morocco.

You really are talking just to talk. Nothing you’re saying is true.
Re: Judge Orders Trump To Pay $364 Million, Strips Business Licenses by 1stGenAmerican(f): 5:37pm On Feb 17
PastorOlokonla:

There was a video the Trump was insulting the judge right in the court. If you and did 1% of Trump crimes, we would have been in jail long time ago. Trump has been pampered all of his life.

There’s also video of him being arrested more than once. You call being arrested and having your mugshots splashed all over while being drug through the court system pampered?
Re: Judge Orders Trump To Pay $364 Million, Strips Business Licenses by 1stGenAmerican(f): 5:41pm On Feb 17
GodisStriking:

Donald Trump: I'm worth more than $10 billion
PUBLISHED WED, JUL 15 2015 3:02 PM EDT
UPDATED THU, JUL 16 2015 8:43 AM EDT

No sane person believes anything that liar says. He said he won the last election but was recorded admitting that he knew he lost. If you lie about winning a presidential election, you’ll lie about your net worth. Trump still hasn’t paid most of his attorneys, the man leaves a trail of bad debt everywhere and has filed for bankruptcy more times than he has paid his bills.
Re: Judge Orders Trump To Pay $364 Million, Strips Business Licenses by 1stGenAmerican(f): 5:42pm On Feb 17
AllenSpencer:

😀😀😀😀

That’s why he lost in court. He over inflated his net worth.

Imagine calling a house worth 20 million, 365 million. That’s what’s he did. 😀😀😀

Who has $10 billion and still ends up frequently begging for money, owning his lawyers, and still can’t pay the legal fees of his accomplice?

Rudy is bankrupt! If Trump is truly worth 10 billion, he would have payed off Rudy’s debts. His “My pillow” hommie also bankrupt, Trump staring at him from a distance.

That dude is a criminal!

Every person that deals with Trump as an ally ends up disgraced, disbarred, and broke. 🤣
Re: Judge Orders Trump To Pay $364 Million, Strips Business Licenses by 1stGenAmerican(f): 5:43pm On Feb 17
sunboy:

Unfortunately, even with felony he could still contest for US presidency. The founding fathers didn’t prepare for such situation where a candidate will have a felony or even serving in prison. If he manage to win, the White House becomes his new prison to finish his term. Trump know this loop hole and that’s why he’s no giving up on his bid to become the president again.

A convicted felon who is sentenced to imprisonment must serve that sentence. No, he would not be able to serve as president while under an order of imprisonment.
Re: Judge Orders Trump To Pay $364 Million, Strips Business Licenses by GodisStriking: 5:44pm On Feb 17
1stGenAmerican:

You really are talking just to talk. Nothing you’re saying is true.

I talk to enlighten and remain unaffected by what's going on around me. That's my gift not talking.

It has been suggested that Donald Trump has leveraged his various legal troubles as a way to promote his political campaign and present himself as an outsider who is championing the interests of the common people against the establishment. This strategy has been met with mixed results, with some arguing that it has helped to consolidate support from his base, while others have criticized it as being divisive and damaging to political discourse. Regardless of the effectiveness of the strategy, it is important to note that such tactics can have serious consequences for the public discourse and our political system as a whole, and it's important to approach political discussions with a spirit of transparency, honesty, and respect for the truth.

Donald Trump is playing the strategy of The Victim Card.

Re: Judge Orders Trump To Pay $364 Million, Strips Business Licenses by linearity: 5:45pm On Feb 17
dinachi:

Infact, Trump can even seek justice on the basis of mistrial. You can see that this is a very punitive judgement. Evil people who do not know how else to stop him from winning the elections are deploying everything in their arsenal to destroy him because they know what will happen when he wins. As for appeal, yes, he can and will appeal. All those jargon about paying a hefty bond of 540 mil before he can appeal is nonsense. If doesn't happen anywhere in the world. The whole idea is to damage his image.

You don’t even know what you are talking about. Your comments are very swallow and shows you are trying to talk about subjects that are above your pay grade!

What do you mean that he can seek justice on the basis of a mistrial, you don’t know what you are talking about, there was no mistrial.

Yes the judgement are punitive, Punitive judgements and fines are common place in the USA. They are there to discourage a repeat offense.

For the New York case, Trump is required by law to make payments immediately or post a bond, if he does not, collection on the judgment become automatic and immediately and he can not delay this because he wants to appeal.

For the Sexual assault case where $85 million was awarded against him, the rules are a little bit different because that is a Federal Case, in that case if he does not pay or provide a bond, Ms. Carroll file a judgment lien against him before payments become effective immediately. He have a little flexibility here, because he can try to negotiate with Carroll so they can have some kind of agreement so to prevent her from filing a judgment lien against him.

The guy is in serious financial strait at the moment.
Re: Judge Orders Trump To Pay $364 Million, Strips Business Licenses by PastorOlokonla: 5:47pm On Feb 17
1stGenAmerican:

There’s also video of him being arrested more than once. You call being arrested and having your mugshots splashed all over while being drug through the court system pampered?

That's a badge of honor for people like Trump. He will raise hundreds of millions of dollars with those mugshots. To his followers, that is an evidence of political persecution and what Trump lives for.
Re: Judge Orders Trump To Pay $364 Million, Strips Business Licenses by 1stGenAmerican(f): 5:49pm On Feb 17
Blazebond:
Hahahahaha,the Democrats are f*"king scared of this guy that they reported to witch-hunting him in other for him to be cancelled from the ballots in this years November elections,when I keep on telling you all here that the united states and Europe is as corrupt and dirty as Nigeria you all don't want to believe,I believe now when this guy said he was robbed in the last elections,he was right.

You believe him but he was recorded soon after hearing the results admitting that he knew that he lost the election. His kids admit they knew he lost. His lawyers admit they knew he lost The man and all of his people admitted he lied but you guys still believe him. Is it juju?
Re: Judge Orders Trump To Pay $364 Million, Strips Business Licenses by 1stGenAmerican(f): 6:01pm On Feb 17
udemzyudex:

You're the only been fed with propaganda, you guys have been ranting about him going to jail since 2022 and he is still here.
Ain't you tired or ranting about him going to jail?

We were right. He was arrested more than once and did go to jail more than once. Once he is convicted, he’ll head to prison, not jail. You guys also said he won and would be sworn in. Ain’t you tired of believing in fairytales?
Re: Judge Orders Trump To Pay $364 Million, Strips Business Licenses by 1stGenAmerican(f): 6:06pm On Feb 17
dinachi:

You don’t really know what you’re talking about. Trump’s own lawyer is speaking about the required bond amount. Are you calling his lawyer a liar and saying that you know more about how the system works than he does? Trump should’ve just hired you as his lawyer since you obviously know more things about the US Judicial System than everyone else in America.
Re: Judge Orders Trump To Pay $364 Million, Strips Business Licenses by 1stGenAmerican(f): 6:12pm On Feb 17
ogmask:

Was anyone injured in the transaction? Was anyone defraued?

Yes to both which is why he was found guilty and liable. He defrauded financial institutions and others. HE BROKE THE LAW, HE COMMITTED MULTIPLE ACTS OF FRAUD. What might be legal in Nigeria isn’t legal in America.
Re: Judge Orders Trump To Pay $364 Million, Strips Business Licenses by DaHighLife: 6:12pm On Feb 17
1stGenAmerican:

A convicted felon who is sentenced to imprisonment must serve that sentence. No, he would not be able to serve as president while under an order of imprisonment.

I must express my reservation regarding the assertion in question. The sole constitutional prerequisites for assuming the presidency are, indeed, attaining the age of 35, possessing natural-born citizenship, and maintaining residency for a duration of 14 years. It seems implausible that the framers of our constitution envisaged the potential scenario wherein a convict would pursue and achieve the presidency.

In the eventuality that Mr. Trump were to be convicted and subsequently incarcerated, yet emerge triumphant in a presidential election, I posit that it would precipitate a constitutional quandary of significant magnitude. In such circumstances, it would undoubtedly fall within the remit of the esteemed justices of the Supreme Court to adjudicate upon the matter. The implications thereof would encompass a plethora of intricate legal dilemmas pertaining to the principles of separation of powers, the supremacy clause, and the rights of individual states, among others.

However, it is incumbent upon me to interject my personal conviction that Mr. Trump's resurgence to the presidency is a remote prospect. Consequently, it is my contention that such a scenario is unlikely to transpire, thereby obviating the necessity for its resolution through legal channels.
Re: Judge Orders Trump To Pay $364 Million, Strips Business Licenses by 1stGenAmerican(f): 6:13pm On Feb 17
DaHighLife:

I must express my reservation regarding the assertion in question. The sole constitutional prerequisites for assuming the presidency are, indeed, attaining the age of 35, possessing natural-born citizenship, and maintaining residency for a duration of 14 years. It seems implausible that the framers of our constitution envisaged the potential scenario wherein an individual with a criminal conviction would pursue and achieve the presidency.

In the eventuality that Mr. Trump were to be convicted and subsequently incarcerated, yet emerge triumphant in a presidential election, I posit that it would precipitate a constitutional quandary of significant magnitude. In such circumstances, it would undoubtedly fall within the remit of the esteemed justices of the Supreme Court to adjudicate upon the matter. The implications thereof would encompass a plethora of intricate legal dilemmas pertaining to the principles of separation of powers, the supremacy clause, and the rights of individual states, among others.

However, it is incumbent upon me to interject my personal conviction that Mr. Trump's resurgence to the presidency is a remote prospect. Consequently, it is my contention that such a scenario is unlikely to transpire, thereby obviating the necessity for its resolution through legal channels.

I’m sorry, I dislike ChatGPT/AI generated replies. I won’t be reading. Peace to you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Judge Orders Trump To Pay $364 Million, Strips Business Licenses by 1stGenAmerican(f): 6:19pm On Feb 17
ogmask:

You are one of the lost sheep. Black man wey nor k ow him history. How is trump the issue. Democrats don wine you sotey you lost your way. A man did business, his partners say they were satisfied. You dey here dey yan puan. Even the bank executives say they like Trump's business model. Laticia James campaigned to get him by any means possible. Trump will win the presidency and he will come for all of u lost sheep

The bank executives who provided proof to the court of the fraud he committed? The bank executives and underwriters who refuse to loan Trump a thin dime? The business partners that are now broke because the businesses fail? You hear people say things that nobody else hears. All of his former business partners hate him. All of the people testifying against him next month are people who were closest to him including his lawyer. Trump didn’t win the last election when he had more people on his side than he does now. Take the amount he lost by in 2020 and figure out where double that amount of votes will come from. The Republicans already know that he’ll be the loser again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Judge Orders Trump To Pay $364 Million, Strips Business Licenses by 1stGenAmerican(f): 6:24pm On Feb 17
ogmask:

Like cnn and co you can't place your leprous finger on one thing he did that Biden didn't do. Hunter walks free yet trump a the problem.

When was Hunter Biden ever the President? Why did THE REPUBLICANS admit under oath that they didn’t have the evidence against Joe Biden that they said they had? Were THE REPUBLICANS lying when they said they couldn’t produce evidence?
Re: Judge Orders Trump To Pay $364 Million, Strips Business Licenses by 1stGenAmerican(f): 6:25pm On Feb 17
DaHighLife:

I must express my reservation regarding the assertion in question. The sole constitutional prerequisites for assuming the presidency are, indeed, attaining the age of 35, possessing natural-born citizenship, and maintaining residency for a duration of 14 years. It seems implausible that the framers of our constitution envisaged the potential scenario wherein a convict would pursue and achieve the presidency.

Sir, I’m not reading these senseless AI generated responses. They’re useless to me and they don’t make you look intelligent. Goodbye

2 Likes

Re: Judge Orders Trump To Pay $364 Million, Strips Business Licenses by nospmoht(m): 6:31pm On Feb 17
ogmask:

Nigerians are too ignorant and lazy to get the facts for themselves. How people have come to believe that Trump committed all these crimes beats my image Imagination.
It mostly people who are staying illegally in USA that hate Trump. Trump is far better than Biden plus and Obama
Re: Judge Orders Trump To Pay $364 Million, Strips Business Licenses by DaHighLife: 6:40pm On Feb 17
1stGenAmerican:

Sir, I’m not reading these senseless AI generated responses. They’re useless to me and they don’t make you look intelligent. Goodbye

It may have been overly verbose and somewhat ostentatious, but AI generated? That's insulting.

The points remain:
First, the Constitution delineates just three limitatons regarding eligibility to be a Presidential candidate.
Second, should Trump win, it would precipitate a Constitutional Crisis necessitating a resolution by the Supreme Court. I believe that the Court would allow him the Presidency but with certain stipulations.

1 Like

Re: Judge Orders Trump To Pay $364 Million, Strips Business Licenses by sunboy(m): 6:59pm On Feb 17
1stGenAmerican:

Do you mind sharing that part of the constitution ?
Re: Judge Orders Trump To Pay $364 Million, Strips Business Licenses by AllenSpencer: 9:09pm On Feb 17
1stGenAmerican:

Every person that deals with Trump as an ally ends up disgraced, disbarred, and broke. 🤣

You said it all!

Everyone around that guy fvcked doom!

Matt is the latest…. Dude be kissing doom anytime soon

1 Like

Re: Judge Orders Trump To Pay $364 Million, Strips Business Licenses by AllenSpencer: 9:13pm On Feb 17
Willokafor:
Some Nigerians are sect of demented and brain dead human beings i have ever seen.
How can someone in his/her right senses chose sick and weak man like Biden with the worst economy and foreign policies that have pushed America to double digit inflation it has witnessed in the past 6 decade over TRUMP.

The Same reason the unintelligent and gullible sect of human beings will support this inept government and her leader with his anti people policies.

Present your statistics!

Any lone can dish out hearsay!

Start from Economy to unemployment and foreign policy!

Don’t tell me stories….

Present data from reputable sources …

I don’t expect you to respond
Re: Judge Orders Trump To Pay $364 Million, Strips Business Licenses by AllenSpencer: 9:15pm On Feb 17
ogmask:

Nigerians are too ignorant and lazy to get the facts for themselves. How people have come to believe that Trump committed all these crimes beats my image Imagination.

I am 100% certain you don’t have a cable TV

Did you follow the case?

Did you note the wide discrepancy?

Tell me? How did something worth less than 20m become 300M?

It’s Joe Biden right?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Zelensky Says Ukraine Ready To Discuss Deal / Italy Cracks Gang Forcing Nigerian Women Into Prostitution / Khan: Russia adds ICC Prosecutor Who Wanted Putin Arrested to its "Wanted List'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.