Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,637 members, 7,813,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:12 AM

Househelp Arrested For Stealing Employer’s $51,000 After 3 Days Of Employment - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Househelp Arrested For Stealing Employer’s $51,000 After 3 Days Of Employment (34559 Views)

Adekunle Ayomikun Steals ₦340,000 After Hiding In Bank’s Toilet Overnight / Woman Battered For Refusing To Part With N20,000 After Sex Romp / 2 Sterling Bank Staff Sent To Prison For Stealing Employer’s N25.4m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Househelp Arrested For Stealing Employer’s $51,000 After 3 Days Of Employment by ToyozzieTohSwt: 11:20am On Feb 17
Those asking why keeping such amount of money at home, thats not the issue. You can keep any amount of money in your house s you want coz thats your house.

Anyways, I buy/sell coins, swap giftcards and e-wallet funds to Naira at the best rates only on XPM Exchange. LINK IN SIGNATURE to begin

That's all
Re: Househelp Arrested For Stealing Employer’s $51,000 After 3 Days Of Employment by codemaniacs: 11:24am On Feb 17
TheTravelingOne:

From the comments, there’s lots of very broke people in this Nairaland

VULCAN:
Too many poverty minded people on Nairaland.

How much is $50k that people keep shouting why should someone keep it at home?

Money that can't buy a Prado Jeep.

okunwaye:
Nairaland is dominated by hungry wretch individuals shocked

PepeXKermit:

You can deduce when people are poor and have lack of opportunities in their life because of the way they think and voice certain opinions. So you do not see anything wrong with what the hpusehelp did, you believe that two wrongs should be right. Men, you guys are furckn sick.

You guys are just noticing that majority of NL users are broke and hateful.. shocked shocked
Re: Househelp Arrested For Stealing Employer’s $51,000 After 3 Days Of Employment by Patojargz: 11:28am On Feb 17
The matter weak!!! Dem use d money invest but a stolen money sha!!! Can't judge
Re: Househelp Arrested For Stealing Employer’s $51,000 After 3 Days Of Employment by femicyrus(m): 11:29am On Feb 17
All those chanting that the owner should be investigated forgot that the owner as mentioned in the story is not resident in the slum like them.

Why is it that Poor people always feel anyone comfortable in Nigeria is a thief.

Even when police stops your vehicle and you are looking fresh in their eyes, you are automatically a criminal!
Haba!
Re: Househelp Arrested For Stealing Employer’s $51,000 After 3 Days Of Employment by farem: 11:38am On Feb 17
While the servant should be dealt with, the boss is not far from being fraudulent.
Who carelessly keeps such amount at home?
Re: Househelp Arrested For Stealing Employer’s $51,000 After 3 Days Of Employment by KaptainAfrika: 11:43am On Feb 17
You sure say the Oga no dey chop the maid
Re: Househelp Arrested For Stealing Employer’s $51,000 After 3 Days Of Employment by Revolva(m): 11:46am On Feb 17
Who d hell have 51k usd in a house ....efccc gat go after that person
Re: Househelp Arrested For Stealing Employer’s $51,000 After 3 Days Of Employment by Chachamiliano: 11:47am On Feb 17
codemaniacs:

When someone is stating facts commend them..

PepeXKermit is right..

Floyd Mayweather has stacks of dollars in his house so that means in advanced countries anyone can have huge amount of cash with them...

Keeping cash at home means the money is easily accessible and you don't have to fill forms to withdraw your own money and you don't want to hear story when you want to withdraw your money.

Last year when they introduced new naira notes and didn't print enough for circulation the banks stopped people from withdrawing their own naira and put a limit of 10,000 naira withdrawal per day. Imagine you need to pay someone cash of 70k naira but you can only withdraw 10k..

If the guy puts $51k in the bank he would only be allowed to withdraw $10k per day and that's if the bank has up to $10k because the bank can tell him there's no dollars meanwhile he deposited $51k the previous day.

Okay. Let's face fact then. Flody stacked cash at home at what year 2024? And if I go by this logic, tell me how many American start cash at home?

Do you know how advance society works now? Countries are doing away with paper monies and are going virtual and here we are praising someone for stacking 51k at home.

I asked some questions, you didn't even answer one rather you said he is stating cash. Apart from the one advantages you have stated, tell me other advantage of stacking cash at home. Do you even know the motive why he is stacking such cash at home?

Money is held by 3 component, individual, firm and government and none of this has the liberty to hoard it.

I keep reading how the money will lost value if he saves it in the bank. I will be the last person to save my money in the bank. The highest amount you will see in my account is 20k. What happens to him trading, investing in both local or foreign currency? What happens to him opening a dollar account? Oh I forgot its will depreciate. Do we trade with dollar or Naira in Nigeria?

Whistle-blower is what grows a society. Let me give an example. Recently Ibadan experienced a bomb blast in one of her finest estates. As a result of miners stocking up granada at residential apartment. Offcourse, the residence will not claim ignorance but they decided to act like its doesn't concern us. If the man is so rich, he should go qns stack money in Seychelles and see what happens to him not to talk of more advance and Sophisticated countries

The society has gone pass the stage of Pablo escobar.
Re: Househelp Arrested For Stealing Employer’s $51,000 After 3 Days Of Employment by Chachamiliano: 11:56am On Feb 17
Faithful007:

This is a lie. People keep large amounts of money in their houses all the time.

Mention one you know. Norway, China, Denmark etc. have 90% abolish cash transactions. Go virtual currency or go broke.
Re: Househelp Arrested For Stealing Employer’s $51,000 After 3 Days Of Employment by Fcwilly: 11:57am On Feb 17
Oohhh, she used the money wisely. Please ask the Boss how they come about the money?
Re: Househelp Arrested For Stealing Employer’s $51,000 After 3 Days Of Employment by EEIA: 12:09pm On Feb 17
Thissystem:
Hhmm, that kind Househelp

But, who dey keep that kind big money at home?? That’s over N76M in today’s dollar to Naira exchange

And even carelessly kept where a hungry, eagle-eyed and economically messed-up househelp can see and touch. lol, not funny
but my issue isn’t with the house help at the moment but the person who employed her.

if the person normally keeps such large sum at home, why not have a safe to put it inside?

I just don’t understand angry

1 Like

Re: Househelp Arrested For Stealing Employer’s $51,000 After 3 Days Of Employment by chinonfelix2(m): 12:11pm On Feb 17
That's an arranged househelp
Re: Househelp Arrested For Stealing Employer’s $51,000 After 3 Days Of Employment by holyfather(m): 12:12pm On Feb 17
Three days too much grin
No time cheesy
Re: Househelp Arrested For Stealing Employer’s $51,000 After 3 Days Of Employment by gratefulheart(m): 12:19pm On Feb 17
Why the owner would keep such amount and kind money at home even where maid can find it?

Thissystem:

https://dailypost.ng/2024/02/16/police-arrest-domestic-worker-husband-for-allegedly-stealing-51000/

Re: Househelp Arrested For Stealing Employer’s $51,000 After 3 Days Of Employment by Switinthemiddle(m): 12:22pm On Feb 17
Dss and naija police suppose hire that maid. For her to investigate and find out location of 51 k dollz within 3 days, then her skills are top notch
Re: Househelp Arrested For Stealing Employer’s $51,000 After 3 Days Of Employment by PepeXKermit: 12:36pm On Feb 17
Obainoman6:

Why will they hoard and keep 51,000 dollars at home, why?
Nothing to do with it just keep it there sp that when 1 dollar becomes 10k they smile and catch out abi
At least the househelp husband was wise to have invested it properly into his businesses and grow our economy not greedy rich fools.

You do not earn up to 100k naira a month, your statememt makes it obvious. Until you have money, you will not know what it means to have money and it safe to assert from your statememt that you have not had alot of money before. Mind you, there is no law that insists you must out your money in the bank, it is also not criminal to "hold" money at home, what the law is against is movement of physical cash in certain amounts from point to point.
Re: Househelp Arrested For Stealing Employer’s $51,000 After 3 Days Of Employment by advanceDNA: 12:57pm On Feb 17
duduade:
Why would someone have such an amount in his or her house in the first place

I wish they didn't catch the househelp and her husband. He seemed to invest part of the money well

U dey support thief.... because nor be your money Dem steal.....

So ur bias is because the person is rich?? Na crime to geh money....??
Re: Househelp Arrested For Stealing Employer’s $51,000 After 3 Days Of Employment by Rotezko: 1:11pm On Feb 17
Tjra:
Our people should stop employing these obidients as housemaids.

They are just too covetous.

They've all started attacking the employer and rationalizing the criminal act in their usual fashion.

If you must hire them, let them work only when you are at home. Don't take them as Live-in maids.

I employ them a lot but can never let them stay close to my money.

What makes me a bigot? Are Obidients an ethnic group?

You are an adult with a baby's brain!
Re: Househelp Arrested For Stealing Employer’s $51,000 After 3 Days Of Employment by Tjra: 1:16pm On Feb 17
Rotezko:

You are an adult with a baby's brain!
At all, at all na hin bad.

I'm grateful to God my skull is not filled with Akpu and sawdust like you cheesy
Re: Househelp Arrested For Stealing Employer’s $51,000 After 3 Days Of Employment by 688olufunke: 1:31pm On Feb 17
How true is ?Keeping $51 at home ?How true is ?Keeping $51 at home ?...
Re: Househelp Arrested For Stealing Employer’s $51,000 After 3 Days Of Employment by hardon1(m): 1:33pm On Feb 17
She knows there is money in that house jor.

Someone Who knows that family must have arranged with her to come work there and get the money
Re: Househelp Arrested For Stealing Employer’s $51,000 After 3 Days Of Employment by Munzy14(m): 1:44pm On Feb 17
duduade:
Why would someone have such an amount in his or her house in the first place

I wish they didn't catch the househelp and her husband. He seemed to invest part of the money well
If only you will know how much more kept in the same house, for them to keep 51 careless..Same dollars the govt will release and those at the top will reloot and stock in their houses.

1 Like

Re: Househelp Arrested For Stealing Employer’s $51,000 After 3 Days Of Employment by PEACE2023: 1:49pm On Feb 17
Thissystem:

https://dailypost.ng/2024/02/16/police-arrest-domestic-worker-husband-for-allegedly-stealing-51000/

Dollars should be in the Bank.
What is dollars doing in a private residence?
The owner of the house should be arrested and jail
Re: Househelp Arrested For Stealing Employer’s $51,000 After 3 Days Of Employment by HRMK: 2:00pm On Feb 17
NO PROBLEM! SHE WORKED FOR IT! AT RATE OF $17K PER DAY!NOT BAD!!
Re: Househelp Arrested For Stealing Employer’s $51,000 After 3 Days Of Employment by Raylight2(m): 2:07pm On Feb 17
Thissystem:

$51,000 dollars?

That's a lot of money.

81 Million naira . E no plenty sef🤧
Re: Househelp Arrested For Stealing Employer’s $51,000 After 3 Days Of Employment by Mayflowa(m): 2:32pm On Feb 17
Godfullsam:
The owner of the money should be arrested and prosecuted for hoarding foreign currency .

His source(s) of income should be thoroughly investigated too.

The Nigerian government should prosecute anyone keeping large amounts of naira in the house talk more of foreign scare currency.

Proper implementation of cashless policy is needed ASAP!

The guy lives in Lekki. Not an everyday Jack!
Re: Househelp Arrested For Stealing Employer’s $51,000 After 3 Days Of Employment by wink2015(m): 2:43pm On Feb 17
The House Help and the husband are big thieves.

Dem done they do justice to the money already.
Re: Househelp Arrested For Stealing Employer’s $51,000 After 3 Days Of Employment by Faithful007: 2:57pm On Feb 17
inoki247:

You people come online to talk anyhow in US if that type of money is stolen in your house you can be in Alot of trouble...

Read the first line of your screenshot dude.
Re: Househelp Arrested For Stealing Employer’s $51,000 After 3 Days Of Employment by inoki247: 3:00pm On Feb 17
Faithful007:
Read the first line of your screenshot dude.

And after the first line you will still have some question and answer from the cops when something like this happens dere...
Re: Househelp Arrested For Stealing Employer’s $51,000 After 3 Days Of Employment by PastorOlokonla: 3:09pm On Feb 17
You het $51000 cash for house but you can't afford a solid electronic safe.
Re: Househelp Arrested For Stealing Employer’s $51,000 After 3 Days Of Employment by Chicagograduate(m): 3:44pm On Feb 17
This is criminal to hoard the dollars.The money should be confiscated.
Re: Househelp Arrested For Stealing Employer’s $51,000 After 3 Days Of Employment by Chicagograduate(m): 3:45pm On Feb 17
PastorOlokonla:
You het $51000 cash for house but you can't afford a solid electronic safe.
Some employers will deliberately keep large amount of money in a position where his employee will see it to test his faith.That was what played out

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Woman Assaulted On a Train In NYC / Female Fraudster Bags 14 Years In Jail For Issuance Of Dud Cheque / Young Wife Who Was Gang Raped In Cross River Gets Help From Governor. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.